miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

WAR: Update Notes

Post by miir »

The development team has implemented the following hot fixes for 10/08/2008

Capital Cities
Ambassadors found in the capital cities will no longer buy and sell items.
Fixed an issue that was preventing players from gaining full access to the Sigmar’s Crypt dungeon.

Content

The level of the lair boss "Old Oozeback" has been adjusted to bring him in line with the intended difficulty of the lair.
Arcane Teachings: Fixed an issue with this quest that could, in some cases, prevent players who abandoned the quest from starting it again.
Horn Heads: Fixed an issue with this quest that could, in some cases, prevent players who abandoned the quest from starting it again.
Marsh Rune: Fixed an issue that could, in some cases, prevent players from completing this quest.
Murder Wood: Players will no longer be offered an invalid version of this quest in Empire Chapter 1.
Undoing Evil: There was an issue preventing the Lesser Daemons from granting kill credit in this quest. This has been fixed, and the Lesser Daemons should now grant credit properly.
Not Meant to Know: Fixed an issue that was preventing players from completing this quest.
Status Report: The monster "Meshel Rhurvan" will no longer drop the quest item for players who are not currently participating in this quest.
Da Drakk Cult, the Cult of Drakk, and The Drakk Revealed: The Drakk Wardens in Cinderfall have found their keys to the prisoner cages and will only part with them upon death. As a result, players will now be able to advance the public quests "Da Drakk Cult" and "The Cult of Drakk" beyond stage one. In addition players are now able to complete the quest "The Drakk Revealed".
The Hammerstriker Cannoneer has been removed from Greenskin Chapter 11, and will no longer spawn there.
Kurga da Squig-Maker will no longer drop items for invalid careers.

RvR

The area around the Arbor of Light keep has been adjusted in order to correct an issue that sometimes allowed players to bypass some of the keep's defenses.
Realm guards will now spawn properly at captured battlefield objectives in the Chaos Wastes.
Dok Karaz, the keep in Barak Varr, will now accept Dwarf rams on its ram siege pads when the keep is under Destruction control.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: WAR: Update Notes

Post by miir »

The team here at Mythic has been busy this week making improvements and fixes based on your feedback to further enhance your gameplay experience. While these may change read on to check out the latest of these exciting updates coming to a server near you!

Highlights

The war against the gold spammers continues. We’ve added new code that will hinder the spammers as they seek to carry out their nefarious deeds! This is only the next step, not the final one, in our continued battle against them.

We have added a 'Join All' button to the scenario window which now allows players to join all scenario queues in their current tier at once.

In order to promote realm and population balance, some realms on some servers will now award their players with a +20% bonus to renown and experience. This is not a permanent bonus, but rather a temporary incentive to promote balance. Realms currently offering this bonus are marked on the server list with a colored icon; blue for Order and Red for Destruction - Check the Herald for the latest list!

In response to player feedback, we have made several improvements to the behavior and responsiveness of the siege weapon interface. In addition we have fixed some issues with the control and release processes of siege weapons.

In an ongoing effort to deter players from going AFK while in scenario starting areas, we have made the following changes:

First, players who join a scenario and remain in their realm's spawn area for two minutes will be automatically removed from that scenario.

Second, upon entering the spawn area of a scenario, players will receive a debuff that prevents them from earning renown and experience. This debuff will be removed when the player leaves the spawn area.

The level range at which players are able to receive the “Bolster” buff while in RvR has been expanded. This buff will now be available starting three levels lower than it had been previously. Please note this change only applies to Scenarios on Open-RvR Ruleset Servers.

In tier 2, the buff will apply from rank 8 to rank 17, and will raise players to Battle Rank 18.

In tier 3, the buff will apply from rank 18 to rank 27, and will raise players to Battle Rank 28.

In tier 4, the buff will apply from rank 28 to rank 35, and will raise players to Battle Rank 36.

In response to player feedback, we’ve added RvR and NPC chat tabs for new players. These tabs filter scenario chat and NPC chat respectively. In order to minimize frustration to users who have already customized their chat window, we will not be overwriting any current settings, so this change will affect only new players. Players who wish to add these tabs may do so through the normal chat configuration options. While in scenarios, players will no longer be able to select "Need" in their loot windows unless their character can use the item being offered.

We have fixed an issue that was causing claimed keeps to forget that they had been claimed after a server restart. Improvements have been made to how pets follow and they should now return to their owners more quickly.

We continue to work on the issues with the pet window. We have identified and corrected another bug which was causing this window to disappear.
Improvements have been made regarding an issue that was causing pets to teleport back to their owners after combat.

Fixed a bug that prevented players from creating an alliance with more than two guilds. Now that this issue is resolved, alliances can grow to great numbers to crush their enemies!

Fixed an issue that was causing the chat window to reset to its default position at logout.

General Changes and Bug Fixes

Ongoing improvements have been made to client and server stability.

In order to deter players from spam-mailing, WAR continues to enforce a 5-second delay between sending mail messages. However, we have reduced this delay to 1 second for mails being sent to alts or guildmates.

We have fixed an issue that was causing monsters to lose their aggression toward players in some rare cases.

We have identified a small percentage of monsters in the game that were slightly less challenging than originally designed. We have adjusted the abilities of these monsters to bring them in line with their intended level of difficulty.

Fixed an issue that was allowing players to change their tactics configuration during combat.

Content

We have made several fixes and improvements to the behavior of monsters and encounters in the Lost Vale dungeon. Access to this dungeon has been granted once more, and it should now provide an appropriately challenging experience for high-level players.

Items

Warlord Set Trinkets were missing their career requirements. Career requirements have been added to these items.

User Interface

In response to player feedback, we have made several improvements to the behavior and responsiveness of the siege weapon interface.

The words in the chat tab labels will no longer disappear when players change the game's graphical resolution.

The chat window will no longer slide upward when being resized.

Fixed some issues with the creation of chat tabs. Newly-created chat tabs should no longer continue beyond the border of the chat window.

Players who interact with guild vaults while their inventory is full will no longer see items in the guild vault disappear.

We have fixed an issue that was causing the game not to remember the chat prefix (/tell, /g, /wb), forcing players to retype it each time. The game should now correctly remember the chat prefix.

Chat font settings will now save properly.

Fixed an issue which was causing healers to lose targeting on a player who they just resurrected.

A number of game actions and NPC and monster communications were being sent to players through the wrong chat channel. We have made several fixes relating to these issues.

Realm vs Realm

The pre-scenario countdown timer should now work properly once again.

We have fixed an issue that was causing claimed keeps to forget that they had been claimed after a server restart.

Players' use of siege weapons will be no longer be interrupted when those players take damage.

We have fixed an issue that was preventing players from opening the main door of a captured keep which belonged to their realm.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

First, players who join a scenario and remain in their realm's spawn area for two minutes will be automatically removed from that scenario.

Second, upon entering the spawn area of a scenario, players will receive a debuff that prevents them from earning renown and experience. This debuff will be removed when the player leaves the spawn area.

um.. seriously? Do you think the AFKers might figure out that holding down "W" for 2 seconds completely circumvents this?

not that i've noticed any significant number of AFKers at all.
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

Realm vs Realm

The pre-scenario countdown timer should now work properly once again.

We have fixed an issue that was causing claimed keeps to forget that they had been claimed after a server restart.

Players' use of siege weapons will be no longer be interrupted when those players take damage.

We have fixed an issue that was preventing players from opening the main door of a captured keep which belonged to their realm.
This was a biggie that was affecting my gameplay. As an Ironbreaker, I am usually the one to lay or man a ram. Every time I was damaged, I was getting kicked off. It made keep taking very annoying.

I haven't noticed afk'ers at all either. Maybe because I'm on an RP server; maybe because the benefits aren't worth that much as of yet. Hopefully this continues, because I actually like seeing 10 people fighting when 10 people are in the scenario.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

cadalano wrote:

um.. seriously? Do you think the AFKers might figure out that holding down "W" for 2 seconds completely circumvents this?

not that i've noticed any significant number of AFKers at all.
As far as I know, they still don't have a system in place to detect macro'ed commands, so that should be easy to do (at least, they haven't banned anyone macroing joining games and not doing anything for days a time.) I know someone that has gained 20 levels in Scenarios without actually playing (which is a real shame because of all the options for leveling up...it's a bit different than say the honor grind in wow).

I personally have never seen an AFKer. I thought I met one who was always on his horse, but it turned out he was just bugged, and was actually casting spells (as seen by his damage done after the match).
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

siege thing makes sense. they need to do the same with the mega-turtled flags in scenarios, or just make it instant pickup.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

1.0.2 Is going in today:

WAAAAGH!!!

We apologize for the short notice but our team has been working long into the night to make sure 1.0.2 came to you as soon as possible...and come it has!

Starting at 7AM EDT all North American servers will be brought down to begin the update, Oceanic servers will follow at 9AM EDT. We anticipate North American servers to be online by 12PM (Noon) EDT with Oceanic servers being back online by 1PM EDT.

You can find all of the exciting changes 1.0.2 has to offer right here. As always check the Herald for important information and updates.

Have fun!

Update - 9AM EDT: All Servers (including Oceanic) are still down for the update. Thank you!

Update - 7AM EDT: All NA Servers are now down for the update. Oceanic servers are still scheduled to come down to begin the update at 9AM EDT.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Another eventful week is flying by here at the studio. As always the team has been working non-stop to bring you updates and make the game you love even better.

Tomorrow morning (10/15/085) at 6AM EDT all North American Servers will be coming down to begin the update to version 1.0.3.!

Oceanic servers will follow at 9AM EDT, we anticipate all servers to be back online by 2PM EDT.

While these notes are subject to change they'll give you a taste of what you have to look forward to as 1.0.3 approaches!

Highlights

We're pleased to announce the addition of a new regional chat system. This item has been one of our most requested features, and you can find the details below.

We have made additional improvements to the functionality of the /ignore command. This command should now work more consistently.

A “new mail” icon has been added to the edge of the minimap to alert players when new mail messages have arrived.

We have made some additional improvements to the handling of NPC speech and action text in an effort to reduce the amount of chat players see from NPCs.

In order to provide a more challenging and rewarding experience, we have adjusted the overall speed at which players can gain control of zones and move the campaign.

Pet behavior has been improved and should act more naturally when changing between passive and defensive modes while the pet is fighting multiple enemies.

The war against the gold sellers continues! We have introduced a new "report gold seller" command that works as follows: when you type /rg, the game will automatically fill out a gold seller appeal using the name of the last player who sent you a tell. If you get an unwanted /tell from a pesky gold seller, type /rg to start an appeal and get them busted!

We have added a new option to the user settings that will allow players to enable or disable shader caching. This is a graphical performance option, and for a full explanation, players can hover their mouse over this option in the user settings window. This should help improve performance on many systems.

Regional Chat System:

Chapter-based chat channels have been replaced with a farther reaching chat system, referred to as Region Chat. A region is defined as the contiguous zones that make up a tier-based racial pairing area. For example, Blighted Isle and Chrace make up one region. Region Chat consists of two channels, Region and Region-RvR.

Region encompasses the entire region area.

Region-RvR encompasses the RvR-focused areas, such as the Plain of Bone.

How to use the Regional Chat System:

To type in the Region channel, use /1 [message]
To type in the Region-RvR channel, use /2 [message]

Note: You must be in the RvR-focused region to use the Region-RvR channel. Players on Open RvR servers will have access to Channel 2 at all times.

To disable these channels right click on the proper chat tab, go to "Tab Options" then "Filters." Scroll down to Region and Region-RvR and uncheck the channels you no longer wish to view.

If you have disabled either channel and wish to re-enable them simply return to the "Filters" menu and re-select the appropriate channels.

In order to ensure that the Apothecary skill remains a valuable crafting profession potions will no longer drop as frequently.

Seeds for Cultivation will no longer drop as frequently throughout the world.

Monsters should no longer disappear and then reappear when attacked at range by players.

In some rare cases, the game would leave "ghost images" of NPCs who had moved away or de-spawned. As a result, players would see NPCs that were not actually there. We have taken steps to correct this issue, and players should see far fewer of these phantom NPCs.

We fixed an issue that would sometimes cause monsters to break off in mid-combat and attempt to walk away.
We have made some additional improvements to the pathing and behavior of monsters. These fixes should reduce pathing issues sometimes seen when pulling monsters at range.

Nurglings will no longer continue to make aggressive sounds after they have been killed.

Fixed a crash-issue that sometimes occurred when entering city dungeons.

Fixed a crash that sometimes occurred when searching the Auction House.

Content

We have made some adjustments to the Hydra boss in the Sacellum dungeon to bring this encounter more in line with the original design and difficulty.

Relam vs Realm

Reduced the interaction time required to deploy a guild standard

Reduced the interaction time required for players to pick up standards that they own.
Please Note: This does not include the capturing of enemy standards.

Capturing an enemy standard will now reward the capturing player and his nearby allies with renown.

Players can no longer be queued for a scenario while they already have an invite pending to a different scenario.

Attempting to join a scenario that has already ended will no longer send players to the character select screen.

Renown gained from healing players was granting more renown than intended over long periods of time. Players who heal other players will still earn renown for aiding their friends in combat, but large heals or repeated heal-over-time spells will result in lesser renown gains than before.

While going over the data collected for renown gained by healing, we discovered a few incorrect values that led to players earning far more renown than designed. To ensure equal renown gains for players regardless of their chosen career and whether they group or not inside scenarios, we have made several adjustments to the way renown is granted from healing other players:

Earning renown from healing players was erroneously granting renown while outside of RvR. This has been adjusted so getting renown for healing players outside of RvR or from a player that is not RvR flagged will occur less frequently.

Healing players will grant renown correctly if the healed player has earned renown from killing other players recently.
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

I'm not quite sure about the healing changes. I know they were trying to fix the 'solo healer' who would wrack up 5000 or so renown in tier 3. However, this is like taking a baseball bat to a piece of cake, instead of a knife. I think all healers are going to be hurt by this change, and they're already under tanks in scenarios.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

if you are not getting enough healing renown, its because you arent healing me enough
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Heal the ranged and melee DPS for more renown. :)
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Hotfix I missed yesterday!!

Greetings!

We've got another great list of fixes for you as we head into the weekend, we hope you enjoy these and 1.0.3. We've got even more great things in the works for the coming weeks and as always stay tuned to the Herald for all the latest updates and information!

High-Level Encounter Adjustments

As part of our ongoing effort to ensure that the high-level encounters and boss battles in WAR provide a truly epic and challenging experience, we have made some adjustments to the following encounters:

The bosses (and their bodyguards) that spawn at the end of the “Altdorf” and “The Inevitable City” contested city public quests have been adjusted to provide a more appropriate level of difficulty for a group of high-level players.
Players who wish to confront these powerful adversaries are advised to wear as many pieces of armor as possible from the Sentinel and Conqueror sets.

All NPCs in the captured capital city public quests “The Grand Theogonist” and “The Monolith” have been similarly adjusted to bring them in line with the other captured city public quests. Players who wish to tackle these extremely challenging public quests are advised to wear as many pieces of armor as possible from the Invader and Darkpromise sets.

We will continue to evaluate your feedback on our high-level content and make additional changes to improve the quality of our high-level gameplay. Our goal is to ensure that the most difficult encounters offer both the greatest dangers and the greatest rewards that WAR has to offer!

Capital Cities

Fixed an issue that could, in some rare cases, cause the "black market" NPCs not to spawn when Altdorf is in a contested or captured state.

Loot bags that drop in the contested capital city public quest "Altdorf" will no longer offer reward items for careers different from that of the player who opens the loot bag.

Content

Fixed an issue that was causing a particular group of Bloody Sun Wolves to respawn too rapidly.

Fixed several small issues with the "Battle of Bitterstone" public quest in order to ensure that players will now receive kill credit and influence at the right times.

The Bastion Stair dungeon public quests "Rise of Carnage" and "Bloodherd Labyrinth" will now properly spawn loot chests when completed.

Fixed an issue with the "Power Hungry" quest that could allow too many of the Scale of Immerial lizards to be spawned simultaneously.

Items

The Spanner of the Disciplined will now have the proper appearance.

Realm vs Realm

Standard bearers will no longer be able to deploy more than one standard at a time.

Fixed an issue with the guards at the Covenant of Flame keep that was causing them to respawn too quickly.

The following Scenario gameplay adjustments have been made:
Temple of Isha: Holding Isha’s Will now generates 1 point every three seconds for the holding player’s team
Doomfist Crater: Holding Doomfist Ore will now generate 1 point every 5 seconds per Ore held, for the holding player’s team.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Good thing they boosted Altdorf and Inevitable City! More challenge
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

These guys work hard.
I'm having a hard time keeping up posting their fixes.

Happy Monday to everyone! We've been hard at work today, so without further ado here's today's round of hotfixes:

Content

Battle of Bitterstone: Killing Greenskin NPC's in stage 1 of this public quest will now properly award players with influence.
Neversong Caravan Defenders: Fixed an issue that was causing the kill counter in this public quest not to increment properly when the guards are killed.

An Ounce of Prevention: Fixed an issue with this quest which was sometimes allowing players to step the quest repeatedly from the same monster.
Finding the Fight: The Gor Captain will now spawn properly when players on the final step of this quest use the Gor Horn item.
Bolstering Our Army: Fixed an issue with this quest which was preventing Imronel Greenwood from speaking to players.

Items

War Calling Casque Helmet: Fixed an issue which was causing this item to display multiple careers in its career requirements list.

RvR

Fortress zones will now correctly flag players for RvR.
Fixed an issue with the Covenant of Flame keep which was sometimes causing guards of the wrong realm to spawn.

The Oathbearer Warbringers will now reward players for finishing the repeatable Doomfist Crater quests. Additionaly, they will now offer these quests to players who are at least rank 18.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

they do seem to be working very hard, but virtually all of the changes are pretty meaningless (with the exception of 1.0.2, so far). there is certainly no shortage of much higher profile issues that they should be focusing on

not that i care anymore because it got boring as hell and i quit THATS RIGHT!
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

I still can't believe it has taken them this long to fix all of the Squig Herder bugs. They have implemented a lot of changes to help fix it, but the part that makes it hard for me to understand is that they were not broken until a week before the stress test weekend. There was a patch/hotfix that Monday that screwed the class up so much I would only log on to see if it was fixed before logging back out to play another class.
Neroon
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Neroon »

Are you still having issues Boog?

I'm pretty happy with my Squig now. I haven't seen the pet bar bug in quite a while, and pathing seems ok. I switched to path of big shootin', and I am pretty happy with my dps now. I can usually get in the top 5 in scenarios.

He is level 30.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Yeah, I have been Path of Big Shootin' since beta.

There seem to be specific places that the pet still bugs out other than zoning in/out of a scenario. These are in the Dark Elf ch8 and ch9 areas. I bug it every time I run across that invisible Squig Eatin' boundary!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Game Update 1.0.4 is upon us!

We've got a bunch of great stuff inside most notably being the start of our first Live Event: Witching Night!

Wednesday, October 29th at 7:00AM EDT all North American Servers will be brought down to begin the update. Oceanic servers will follow at 9:00AM EDT. We expect servers to be online by 1PM EDT.

Please note that during the first 40 minutes of downtime the Mythic Account Center may be unavailable while it is updated as well.

Enjoy the notes below and we'll see you on the battlefield...WAAAGH!!!

Highlights

The Witching Night live event has begun! For details, see the Warhammer Online Herald.
With the arrival of 1.0.4 we are now one step closer to offering Character Transfers from low population servers to medium population servers and the final stages of testing have begun. We’re excited to share all the details, keep an eye on the WAR Herald for more information and to find out how you can help us test the Free Character Transfer service in the coming days!

We have added three new guild rewards in the form of dungeon teleport scrolls. Each scroll can be purchased from a guild quartermaster, and is a single-use item that will teleport the player to a dungeon:

Gunbad Teleport Scroll - This reward is unlocked at guild rank 29, and will teleport the player into the entrance lobby area of the Gunbad Tunnels.

Bastion Stair Teleport Scroll - This reward is unlocked at guild rank 32, and will teleport the player into the entrance lobby area of the Bastion Stair.

Lost Vale Teleport Scroll - This reward is unlocked at guild rank 35, and will teleport the player to just outside the entrance to the Lost Vale.

Once a city has become contested, the attacking realm will now have 6 hours to capture it. If the invaders do not conquer the city in that time, the defenders will be declared victorious and the campaign will reset.

Pets set to follow will now path properly to their master, and will no longer teleport instantly to their master's side.

Fixed an issue that was causing pets to stop attacking their current target and return to their master's side. This issue would occur when a pet was ordered to change targets in mid combat, and the previous target subsequently died.
Fixed an issue that could sometimes cause trainer icons not to appear on the minimaps.

The successful capture of an enemy battlefield objective now rewards the capturing players with experience.

In response to player feedback, the amount of renown earned from healing players has been increased slightly.

Campaign Adjustments

Tier 4 zones now require fewer scenario victory points to be captured. The mechanics of capturing a zone have not changed however. Zones which have no scenario opposition can still be captured if players join the queue for scenarios based on that Zone. Victory points towards zone control will be granted if a realm has enough players in the queue to launch the scenario and the other realm doesn’t. If players in those queues join a launched scenario or leave the queue, the victory points towards zone control will be forfeit.

In other words, using “Join All” to queue for all available scenarios is still the fastest way to get into a scenario, but joining the scenarios in a specific zone will have the greatest impact on control of that zone, and by extension the greatest impact on the campaign in that pairing.

Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause monsters to improperly flee at full speed. Monsters will now flee from combat at a more appropriate speed.

Capital Cities

Adjusted the text messages that display when the capital cities become contested, to make them more appropriate.

Combat and Careers

Balance Essence: The damage of this ability has been increased.

Content

Additional polish has been applied to monster pathing and behaviors in the Lost Vale to improve the overall gameplay experience.

The Bastion Stair dungeon boss Kaarn the Vanquisher will no longer erroneously give "Target is Retreating" messages when attacked.

Realm vs Realm

The Statue of the Everchosen battlefield objective in the Chaos Wastes will no longer spawn guards of the wrong realm.

The guards at the Maiden's Landing battlefield objective in Avelorn will now spawn at the appropriate level.

Fixed an issue which was causing the RvR campaign to reset prematurely while a capital city was still contested.

Fixed an issue which sometimes caused keeps and battlefield objectives to forget which realm and guild last owned them when the server was reset.

The minimum number of players required to launch scenarios in Praag, Dragonwake and Thunder Mountain has been equalized to ensure even population distribution between all scenarios available when the campaign is in its default state.

Tome of Knowledge

Tooltips for Tome of Knowledge tactic rewards have been revised to be more clear and helpful.

User Interface

Fixed an issue that sometimes caused trainer icons not to appear on the minimaps.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause monsters to improperly flee at full speed. Monsters will now flee from combat at a more appropriate speed.
I don't know. When fleeing from combat I know I pretty much want to move full speed. Unless they mean by "appropriate speed" that they flail their arms and run like screaming schoolgirls.