Warhammer Online (new forum?)

For discussion about Warhammer Online.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Warhammer Online (new forum?)

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Gob Shaman is Da BÖMB!

Ability called "Gork Sez Stop" in action!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puW3b1kde94&NR=1
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Winnow wrote: I switched to Sorceress and am having a blast.
Good one Win
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

My biggest pet peeve with the game is having to scroll through the EULA every time I log in...

That is all.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

Actually Winnow, that first screenshot you posted is a scenario. That is the equivalent of a battleground. You can join at any level, and they bolster your level up to 8, 18, 28, etc. if you are under level for that tier. That way, you don't have to be the highest level to be effective.
The Public Quests are located throughout the maps and correspond to Chapters. As you progress through the game, you move to different chapters which have different rewards. As you do the PQs, you gain influence (tracked in the bar in the upper right corner of your UI). The more influence you gain, the better the rewards you can pick up. It's a great system, as you meet lots of people and it allows everyone access to very decent items. The onyl downside is that after a few months, many of the PQs will be deserted as players will have outleveled them.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Having great fun with this game still.

I switched to a Bright Wizard from Sorceress. It was an extremely tough decision as female Bright Wizards are butt-ugly, which goes against my whole character picking philosophy in MMORPGS. The only hair options are some form of Mohawk or a do that makes it look like you've got a flaming turnip on your head.

The Bright Wizards' immolation specialization path allows yo to set up your attacks with 100% instant cast spells, allowing you to stay on the move from the melee types. It's close to an old school EQ druid kiting type class if you play it that way. I'm only level 7 after a lot of gametime over the weekend. Levels don't come super quick and you can't play your wizard initially with all instant casts. I've been taking my time.

The solo and public quests have all been great so far.

Here's an example of loot distriution system after a public quest is over:

the game takes into account how much you've contributed, how many times you've attempted the quest, etc and factors them as a bonus into your random roll for loot after the quest ends. Your loot bag then has 3-5 items you can choose from to actually keep. I'm sure WoW is something like this but nice system anyway.

I've never been a PvP'er but the RvR public encounters have been lots of fun. I like how, as Picard mentioned above, your level is bootsed to the same as everyone elses in the scenario. If you want to participate in all of the scenarios, be sure to do them before you outlevel the max allowed.

I may switch back to Sorceress as I look like Pocahontas with my Mohawk and full body indian style leather flap clothing as a Bright Wizard. I'm thinking they purposely make the class ugly to prevent people from selecting one of the most powerful classes. Even though I'm onto them, the strategy still may work on me.

While the Bright Wizard deals with instant cast DOTs, the sorceress has the lethal AOE cones of death. Both have the magic point build up for +crits with chance to explode/backfire mechanic.

The other classes look like fun as well.

Finally, I set up my Saitek Commad Unit controller for Warhammer. That thing continues to impress me with how much more enjoyable it makes MMORPGs. Anyone that plays a lot of MMORPG games should consider some type of game pad controller. The thumb joystick/WASD makes life a lot easier. I like o have my right hand free for camera controls, etc and don't like the doulbe mouse click movement method because that's what wears down the clickers on Logitech mice until you run into the double-click issues. I'd rather be using my thumb for movement while using the same hand to launch spells, etc so I can use my mouse for free camera movement to track enemies, etc.
[Show]
Nothing too complex so far for Warhammer as I haven't made any macros yet but all the key commands are there. Stick your buffs/potions up on keys 17-20, character, bags, map on keys 9-12, Tomb of Knowledge over one 14, tab on 12 for targeting, 13 for jump because I like to jump for no reason while I'm waiting around. Your bread and butter abilities on 1-8 keys, still leaves 15, 16 and 21 for macros.

Seeing all the numbered keys may look confusing but it's really not as you're the one that's assigning keys. Note: I'm using Pinnacle Game Profiler software which is sold separately from the controller and works with any input device for customization.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Good to hear you enjoying War WInny!

I'm more into the "prettier" classes with a good bench, so Black Orc, Chosen or Marauder would be my first pick!

Then again, the cutest of them all is the Goblin Shaman though! Can be a difficult choice!
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

The Bright Wizards' immolation specialization path allows yo to set up your attacks with 100% instant cast spells, allowing you to stay on the move from the melee types. It's close to an old school EQ druid kiting type class if you play it that way. I'm only level 7 after a lot of gametime over the weekend. Levels don't come super quick and you can't play your wizard initially with all instant casts. I've been taking my time.
Uhhh, you're level 7.. you're like 10 levels away from your spec even making any difference.
Your insta-cast DOTs are really just gravy to your real DPS. If your group focuses fire properly, there's really no point in even using DOTs.
There is not really any kiting in the game as CC abilities are very limited.

While the Bright Wizard deals with instant cast DOTs, the sorceress has the lethal AOE cones of death. Both have the magic point build up for +crits .
BW AE's destroy Sorc's AE.
BWs will always top the damage column in scenarios if the player is actually using their AEs and playing smart.... fuck, I've outdamaged the next highest DPS'e by 40k in a few scenarios where the other players are playing like fucktards and all bunching up.

with chance to explode/backfire mechanic
The vast majority of my PVP deaths are self inflicted... and fucking glorious.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

miir wrote:
Uhhh, you're level 7.. you're like 10 levels away from your spec even making any difference.
Perhaps that will help you out a little. I kinda knew that I can't use end game tactics at level 7. Have to get the abilities and spec first. I'm forced to cast 3 second fireballs as part of my rotation right now. I did just get Boiling Blood so have two insta cast dots!

I haven't seen one person on the forums suggest anything other than Immolation for wizards. (Conflagration would be the AOE mastery)

This appears to be the configuration many go with although some people put the extra points in Incineraton instead of Conflagration:

http://www.wardb.com/career.aspx?id=11#0:0:15:41640:4:0

Warhammer Servers are down until ~6:45 EST for a fix so the forums are slow.

Here's a Bright Wizard vs Sorceress comparison thread:

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums ... hp?t=60051

I can't find the one that discusses AOEs.
Sartori
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Sartori »

Agree with Kwon, Gob shamn is a fucking blast. I'll probly go back to the Witch or switch back and forth as I'm a rogue at heart. So far, that other game can't even touch this one's PVP, imo.
Sartori
70 Undead Rogue, Illidan (retired 11/07)
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I'm sorry but you really don't understand the class at all, Winnow.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Great Warhamma-movies

Questing 1-10 "Join our group plox"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY3sduGzFY8

WitchElf-combos
http://www.vimeo.com/1771081
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

If WoW loses people to this game, it's nobody's fault but thier own for taking 2 years to put out an expansion. People are hungry for content, and WAR is fitting the bill for many WoW players.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

miir wrote:I'm sorry but you really don't understand the class at all, Winnow.
I disagree. WTF is your issue anyway? Don't be getting all high and mighty with your one liners. What an asshole. Not sure where you're coming from but your picture of the Bright Wizard doesn't jive with anyone else's. I don't think you understand what you think you understand.

Level 9! RvR is getting better. On our server, Order seems to win more of the time. For all of the suckness that Miir seems to think I ooze, I'm ranking pretty high on the charts for the public scenarios and quests I participate in.

I tend to forget to use moral attacks though. It takes awhile to build up and I don't notice it down on the bottom right of the screen.

Here's one of the Scenarios that went bad for the Order.

2: Sorceress
1: Squig
1: Big melee dude

Me: dead!

Order won three out of four times though.

The ebb and flow of the battles are interesting. The 30 second death penalty and respawn at base are perfect. imo. It's almost a good idea to spread out your kills so they all don't arrive back at the battle at the same time.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Winnow wrote:
miir wrote:I'm sorry but you really don't understand the class at all, Winnow.
I disagree. WTF is your issue anyway? Don't be getting all high and mighty with your one liners. What an asshole. Not sure where you're coming from but your picture of the Bright Wizard doesn't jive with anyone else's. I don't think you understand what you think you understand.
Don't worry Winny, miir is just being a fag as usual.

It's your money, play as you want to.
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Heh, I'll just shut up and let you level up some.. then maybe you'll figure out what I'm talking about.
Xanupox
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
PSN ID: TheRealScarr

Post by Xanupox »

Bright Wizard about to get the Nerf Hammer. If you rolled one, you may want to switch to something else before its too late.

This is insider info coming off the Closed Beta Elder forums. Mythic was about to push some changes to BW at the end of closed but held off to see how things panned out in Retail. Well, it went in the opposite direction in retail and not only are those changes coming, they are going to be more extreme.

BW getting about a 20% across the board dmg reduction with an INCREASE in most cast times. The offset to this is a lower AP cost on most spells.
I probably gave you virtual items once upon a time...
Xanupox
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
PSN ID: TheRealScarr

Post by Xanupox »

I am on Phoenix Throne with a few others. Destruction Baby.

Miir = tool, lol. Resident Bright Wizard Suxpert.
I probably gave you virtual items once upon a time...
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Xanupox wrote:Bright Wizard about to get the Nerf Hammer. If you rolled one, you may want to switch to something else before its too late.

This is insider info coming off the Closed Beta Elder forums. Mythic was about to push some changes to BW at the end of closed but held off to see how things panned out in Retail. Well, it went in the opposite direction in retail and not only are those changes coming, they are going to be more extreme.

BW getting about a 20% across the board dmg reduction with an INCREASE in most cast times. The offset to this is a lower AP cost on most spells.
That would be good news due to the character models for the class being so ugly. I'd like to see less of them running around.

Since I like Sorceress better, what are the plans for that class? Do they feel it's balanced enough to not touch?

Early in the game is the time to play around with various classes. The problem is that it takes awhile to get high enough to see what the class can really do.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Xanupox wrote:Bright Wizard about to get the Nerf Hammer. If you rolled one, you may want to switch to something else before its too late.

This is insider info coming off the Closed Beta Elder forums.
Haha, you're a fucking idiot.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Xanupox wrote:I am on Phoenix Throne with a few others. Destruction Baby.

Miir = tool, lol. Resident Bright Wizard Suxpert.
So mr big bad MMO player is too much of a little bitch to roll on a PVP server? :roll:

And I never claimed to be an expert on BW... just trying to correct winnow on some of his misunderstandings on how the skills and specs work.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

miir wrote:

And I never claimed to be an expert on BW... just trying to correct winnow on some of his misunderstandings on how the skills and specs work.

No you're not. You simply said I don't understand the class. I researched the class, as I do with most MMOs I play. I offered a link, and there's plenty more from people that played in beta regarding the best way to play a BW. you're entitled to your views on how to play a BW but in this thread you're just being an ass.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

I don't ever confuse his posts with being helpful, that's for sure.

btw, enjoying this game a bit even though I get no time to play.... rank 4 engineer.

I prefer NOT to go research what other players have found.. I'd rather find it out for myself. I don't believe everything I read on the internets and I would rather learn on my own. I will purposely not go looking for dwarf engineer information, instead I'll try everything and continue based on my own findings. This was one of my biggest pet peeves when I was really into EQ. The way some people act, our characters may as well be all computer controlled because there's only one way to play or equip yourself.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I don't have enough time to play not to research. Looks like you can respec pretyy easy though.

Here's a video from the creators covering the Dark Elf Sorceress:

http://www.gamershell.com/tv/10023.html

I like that they creators are pretty good humored.

"you know...emo goths"
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Winnow wrote:
miir wrote:

No you're not. You simply said I don't understand the class. I researched the class, as I do with most MMOs I play. I offered a link, and there's plenty more from people that played in beta regarding the best way to play a BW. you're entitled to your views on how to play a BW but in this thread you're just being an ass.
This thread. :lol:

Where have you been?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Seriously, you have 7 levels to go before you can even get your first spec skill... why are you concerned about respeccing?
Your spec does not determin what spell lines you get... every BW, regardless of spec gets the same core abilities.
You don't need to spec immolation to get your insta-cast hexes (DOTs).
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

miir wrote:Seriously, you have 7 levels to go before you can even get your first spec skill... why are you concerned about respeccing?
Your spec does not determin what spell lines you get... every BW, regardless of spec gets the same core abilities.
You don't need to spec immolation to get your insta-cast hexes (DOTs).

More input from Captain Obvious.

um, no shit? Spec'ing immolation makes those spells (insta cast) more powerful which is why you spec immolation instead of conflagration (AOE)...I'd be asking if you've ever played an MMO before right about now if I didn't know better.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

The way you worded it sounded like you didn't understand how specilaization worked.
immolation specialization path allows yo to set up your attacks with 100% instant cast spells
That comment sounded like you didn;t have a fucking clue.

Shrug.. whatever...
Just play the game.
I'll just go back to ignoring your posts.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

miir wrote:The way you worded it sounded like you didn't understand how specilaization worked.
immolation specialization path allows yo to set up your attacks with 100% instant cast spells
That comment sounded like you didn;t have a fucking clue.
look dude, I understand you get all the abilities no matter what. It's the spec that matters. When I say immolation allows you to set up your attacks with all instant cast spells, I meant exactly that. Of course you can be a retard and do the same thing without spec'ing immolation but it's that specialty which makes all the instant cast spells more powerful.

I've switched to Elf Witch and think I've found my class. I've grown to like the high damage melee classes since playing one in Rappelz.

I leveled my Elf Witch almost to 8 tonight but the servers were freaking out a bit at the end. Sometimes I couldn't loot the corpses and I was in a great spot where green/blue stuff was dropping.

Couple issues I had. The server I picked for my Destruction characters (Saphony I think is how it's spelled) has such a low population, I couldn't get into a scenario all night. There weren't enough people.

The few people I ran into were all extremely nice. People are giving away the loot they can't use to people mostly instead of auctioning it. Nice.

I found ways to grab my INF points even with no one around to help in the public quests. At level 6, I found a great spot in chapter 4 public quest to kill level 9/10's while getting INF and some great green/blue drops. Since I couldn't work on renown points, I was able to get chap 3 and 4 INF maxed pretty quick to get the nice INF rewards.

Elf Witch is a killing machine. I did a few public quests multiple times and was able to get a nice set of daggers. Blue chest armor dropped for me while I was soloing in Chapter 4.

Anyone know if you can mail a second character of yours, on the same server, items? Two nice Sorceress items dropped for me. Is the bank shared?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Anyone know if you can mail a second character of yours, on the same server, items?
Yep.
The biggest pain in the ass is that you have to wait 20 secs between sending mail and you can attach only 1 item.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

miir wrote:Image
Don't get it, is that what people see when they are banned for selling gold in warhammer? (and did they already send that to people?)
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

I think that is a count of the number of people/accounts/whatever banned for attempting to spam for gold selling.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Here is a link with a little more info of the fun that the reps doing the banning have been allowed to have with banning the pharmers/sellers:
http://onlinegamesareanichemarket.wordp ... e-will-go/

Love the response at the end.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

Boogahz wrote:Here is a link with a little more info of the fun that the reps doing the banning have been allowed to have with banning the pharmers/sellers:
http://onlinegamesareanichemarket.wordp ... e-will-go/

Love the response at the end.
Ah, that makes sense (what the image is noting). Pretty awesome that they are on top of that, it was godawful in AoC for awhile.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

I had forgotten what gold seller spam was like after SoE put their amazing filters in place in EQ2. I can't remember the last spam I received in that game.
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

Yes, Mythic has been on the ball in terms of banning gold farmers. I get tells from someone offering goldplatz, then ten minutes later I see that they're banned.
I don't know why anyone would want to buy gold at this point. Everyone is so stinking rich with nothing to spend their money on that it's sort of pointless to buy gold.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Hit level 10 tonight with my Witch Elf.

RvR is so much more enjoyable now with stealth/unstealth monster dps opening move.

Say goodbye to the Bright Witch of my choosing...and then I'm target #1 of everyone else! I don't mind being semi sacrificial as the opposition has to focus on me or lose people fast, giving the rest of the team time to set up or secure one of the contested areas. Can't let a mega DPS class run wild back behind your lines chewing up the casters! I love the throwing knive ability Witch Elfs have. You can use it on run, has a good range and it has a 5 second snare. That pretty much toasts casters if I'm chasing them. Seems to be a kill a lot, die a lot class in RvR.

I also like going after Dwarf engineers. rawr!

I moved over to the Empire part of the map and had no trouble getting into RvR scenarios. The Dark Elf/high Elf area has been extremely dead on my server for some reason.

They did a good job on the various class/race animations.

Starting to get the hang of Morale abilities but they sure fade quick. I was going mob to mob as fast as I could and the Morale bar still fades sometimes. I think they should let the Morale meter stick around a few seconds longer.

Overall, this is the best launch I've experienced yet.

Tip: go after your INF poinst right away when you hit a new chapter. The rewards are worth it. I cleared the first stage of chapter five, three straight times by myself because it was so dead and maxed my INF for chapter 5, getting great rewards right before I hit level 10 and could use them. The first stage never resets so you can clear it yourself and then let the second stage fail, rinse repeat. Builds up your INF quick.
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

aye, Winnow, that's how you grind inf out. If you have a large group, you can finish the PQs for loot, but if not, the best way is to solo kill the stage 1s because they give a full 100 inf a kill.
It's funny, because you talked about going after dwarf engineers. As an ironbreaker, I go after Dark Elf casters in the back immediately. I'm a vengeance spec, and I can kill an even level DE or goblin shaman in about 5 or 6 hits. Depending on the surprise of my attack and my grudge levels, I may never be hit. I'm glad you're enjoying the game, what server are you playing on? I'll have to keep an eye out for you at later levels in RvR :)

Miir, what server are you on?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I'm on Chaos Wastes.
Currently bouncing between my Bright Wizard, Sword Master and Archmage.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Kaldaur wrote:aye, Winnow, that's how you grind inf out. If you have a large group, you can finish the PQs for loot, but if not, the best way is to solo kill the stage 1s because they give a full 100 inf a kill.
It's funny, because you talked about going after dwarf engineers. As an ironbreaker, I go after Dark Elf casters in the back immediately. I'm a vengeance spec, and I can kill an even level DE or goblin shaman in about 5 or 6 hits. Depending on the surprise of my attack and my grudge levels, I may never be hit. I'm glad you're enjoying the game, what server are you playing on? I'll have to keep an eye out for you at later levels in RvR :)
Unfortunately my Order character is on your server so I had to choose another server for my evil types.

Saphery is my server. It's CORE. I'm wondering if I should have went with an open RvR server...or do you get a lot of camped spawn spots that just make things irritating and not really fun on them?

If I was on your server, I'd spot you and do my stealth Witch Elf thing on you! (as long as your initiative isn't too high and you spot me)

So far, a few people spot me in RvR but for the most part I can sneak in and get my attacks off. I'm curious as to what the initiative threshold is for spotting cloaked Witch Elves is. I hope it's not something that everyone will have at later levels making the ability useless.

My PvP is improving. I spent an hour defending a town we took over from the Order last night and learned some tactics. Witch Hunters like to climb up on rooftops to cherry pick.

Here's the results from a scenario last night: (Skeeva)

Not too bad. I'm contributing for sure in the battles and not a handicap at least.

Even if I kamikaze visible, as long as I have a Bright Wizard targeted, I can almost always kill them before everyone else kills me. The Throwing knives snare is key for this tactic.

I wish there were better ways to disguise your class. I go with the non violent, earthy colors to blend in and create a peaceful feeling among the order players. :!:
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Why this game doesn't have its own forum is beyond me.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Even if I kamikaze visible, as long as I have a Bright Wizard targeted, I can almost always kill them before everyone else kills me. The Throwing knives snare is key for this tactic.
Once you get beyond level 10, that's basically a suicide tactic. :lol:
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

miir wrote:
Once you get beyond level 10, that's basically a suicide tactic. :lol:
Duh. Thanks for explaining the definition of kamikaze for us mouth-breathers.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Thanks for explaining the definition of kamikaze
A Kamikaze that can't reach their target isn't exactly a kamikaze...

Basically, if a ranged DPS sees you coming at them, they can have you down to half HP before you even get into melee range... at which point you will be rooted and crying as you get nuked into oblivion.

Melee DPS is the rock to Ranged DPS's paper.

RvR is more about group tactics than who can win a 1 v 1 fight.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

miir wrote:
Thanks for explaining the definition of kamikaze
A Kamikaze that can't reach their target isn't exactly a kamikaze...

Basically, if a ranged DPS sees you coming at them, they can have you down to half HP before you even get into melee range... at which point you will be rooted and crying as you get nuked into oblivion.

Melee DPS is the rock to Ranged DPS's paper.

RvR is more about group tactics than who can win a 1 v 1 fight.
ka·mi·ka·ze Pronunciation[kah-mi-kah-zee]
–noun 1. (during World War II) a member of a special corps in the Japanese air force charged with the suicidal mission of crashing an aircraft laden with explosives into an enemy target, esp. a warship.
2. an airplane used for this purpose.
3. a person or thing that behaves in a wildly reckless or destructive manner: We were nearly run down by a kamikaze on a motorcycle.
–adjective 4. of, pertaining to, undertaken by, or characteristic of a kamikaze: a kamikaze pilot; a kamikaze attack.

It doesn't matter if they hit their target
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Four solo kills and nine death blows!

I love it when I'm running up to a Bright Wizard and see them start to cast fireball...good luck with that 3 second cast! They'll get it off but I'll be ripping them apart as they can't move while casting it. (hello instant cast spells...see previous debate on this thread)

I stay cloaked inbound if I can.

Throwing dagger snare is the greatest thing ever. You can throw them on the run so I Target, throw a dagger, close, melee, then throw some more daggers if they take off to snare them again. if i don't get them, at least they're snared the pack of teammates chasing them down.

I switched to Kiss of Death instead of Kiss of Agony (drops their initiative) which will cut all healing by 50% while the dot is active. No matter if someone heals them or they use a potion as far as I can tell.

In the last four RvR's, I've been the only Witch Elf. I realize I'm playing over on the Empire map right now but I'm still suprised at seeing so few WE's. There are Bright Wizards everywhere. Only a few of them are spart enough to use their snare on me. On the flip side, I keep forgetting to hit "Enchanting Beauty" which cuts all damage done to me by 50% for 15 seconds by anyone within a 30 foot radius of me unless I attack them so I fan focus on taking them out whileonly getting half pummeled by everyone else. It's awesome for the type of attacks I do which get me targeted fast. I'm usually popping out of stealth right by all the ranged casters so that cuts their damage by half against me. The melee are too busy on the front lines to come back and help. (cept for Gun firing Witch Hunters which like to use their knockbacks.

At level 20, WE's get Enfeebling Strike. A dot which causes 56pts of damage anytime someone hit with it moves for, 15 seconds. Great dot for the fleeing opponents! It's an opening move out of stealth (prowling) mode and builds two blood lust points. Cant wait!

Anyway, the RvR is lots of fun. I've only mostly played on one scenario so far though. The only thing is you can't plan your RvR team. You can bring in an entire group at once which will be helpful for some organized healing etc.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I love it when I'm running up to a Bright Wizard and see them start to cast fireball...good luck with that 3 second cast! They'll get it off but I'll be ripping them apart as they can't move while casting it. (hello instant cast spells...see previous debate on this thread)
Enjoy it while you can because in tier 2, classes start getting thier CC skills.
A 10 second AE root is plenty of time to burn down a melee DPS.

There are Bright Wizards everywhere. Only a few of them are spart enough to use their snare on me.
BWs don't have a snare, dumbass.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Good choice joining the forces of Destruction Win!

Too bad Winny and miir isn't on the same server! :)

Destruction is where it's at! I do think, if you want the most out of War, you should go to an Open RvR server.
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Snare/Root, whatever. BW's have it and it stops me from getting to them:
Fire Cage

All enemies within 30 feet are Rooted as they become trapped within a cage of searing flames, making them unable to move for 10 seconds. Rooted targets have a 50% chance to break free when they suffer damage.
That's another INSTANT CAST (get it Miir? Instant cast is the way to go with BWs....that's IMMOLATION)

This was written for WE's but might be helpful for some other classes for understanding weapon speed/DPS in Warhammer.
You want as HIGH a dps in your main hand as you can get, with the speed governed by whether you want to rely on your kiss proc chance.

White damage from a WE is a significant portion of your damage, around 20-35% of your overall damage. So the lower the delay of your main hand, the more individual hits your DPS is divided amongst. And the more times your damage is reduced by the targets toughness and armor.

I.E. a 10dps, 3s delay weapon and a 10dps 1s delay will do the same theoretical maximum damage over a given period of time. However the 1s delay weapon's damage will be mitigated by the target's toughness and armor 3 times as much as the 3s delay weapon. Conversely, with procs relying on a % chance on each attack, your damage from procs will increase the more times you swing your weapon given that you have more chances to proc.

This is where the trade off for short delay + proc chance vs. armor mitigation comes into play.

Also, the DPS attribute on your main hand weapon factors into your ability damage as shown:

T= Target's Toughness expressed as DPS mitigation
Mit = Target's Armor Mitigation expressed as decimal form of %.
WDmg = Weapon Damage
Ws = Weapon Speed
ADmb = Ability Damage
SDmg = Bonus Damage from Strength
As = Ability Build Time (If instant, or lower than 1.5s, assumed to be 1.5s)
Wsk = Weapon Skill Mitigation Reduction express as decimal form of %.

Formula for calculating Ability Damage:
((((2 * SDmg) - (2 * T) + WDmg) * As) + ADmb) * (1-(Mit - Wsk))

Formula for calculating Auto Attack damage:
((SDmg - T + WDmg) * Ws) * (1-(Mit - Wsk))

As you can see in both damage formulas the base damage is factored into the overall ability damage.

That being said, the offhand weapon only imparts it's DPS attribute towards the damage of an offhand auto attack. The delay that is used for calculating weapon damage is that of your main hand weapon. So for offhand weapons, just pick whatever has the highest DPS and most stats ignoring it's delay, as the delay is irrelevant.

But remember, if you put too fast (low delay) weapon in your mainhand, your offhand damage will suffer as well since the offhand's delay is based upon your mainhand. But again, due to the proc mechanic, the more times you swing your main hand, the more chance you can get your offhand attack and the more total number of attacks you can do in a given period of time means more chances to proc your kisses...
(picked random ugly mob as a stand-in)

What Miir will see, or won't see, right before his death if he ever moves over to my server!
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

You two have to meet on an Open RVR-server Winnow.
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---