Christmas 2009 Kids Games?

It's the most wonderful time of the year.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Christmas 2009 Kids Games?

Post by Sylvus »

I have nieces and nephews ranging from age 6-11, and was wondering if anyone could recommend any fun Wii or 360 games for those age ranges? I know that a lot of games aimed at kids are the product tie-ins to the current kids movie that is out, and a lot of times those fall short.

Thanks.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Christmas 2009 Kids Games?

Post by Aslanna »

New Super Mario Bros Wii! Not the easiest game around though at least I didn't think so. Maybe I'm just too old for Mario.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

That's a good question. I just bought a Wii for my family and am wondering about games as I need to create a Christmas list for relatives and such. Mainly looking for kids games that maybe we'd enjoy as well.
Dakanaf
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Dakanaf »

Boom Blox Bash Party.
Mario Kart.
Super Smash Brothers.
Mini Ninjas.
Lego Batman/Star Wars/Indiana Jones.
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party.
Carnival Games.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Okay, I emailed my niece (weird that my niece has email!) and she narrowed it down a little further.

I need a wii game for an 11 year-old girl, and a 360 game for a 9 year-old boy. I bought the boy Lego Star Wars a couple Christmases ago, and I know that he really likes Halo 3, which his parents (my brother) let him play. He thinks he's hot shit but he can't beat his Uncle Matt.

I would think that the new Super Mario Bros. would work for the girl, but I'd happily entertain other ideas... Still trying to figure out where to draw the line on what to get the boy, I probably shouldn't get him anything too bloody, but I'd hate to deprive him of the joy of shooting people in the face.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Sylvus wrote:I need a wii game for an 11 year-old girl, and a 360 game for a 9 year-old boy. I bought the boy Lego Star Wars a couple Christmases ago, and I know that he really likes Halo 3, which his parents (my brother) let him play. He thinks he's hot shit but he can't beat his Uncle Matt.

I would think that the new Super Mario Bros. would work for the girl, but I'd happily entertain other ideas... Still trying to figure out where to draw the line on what to get the boy, I probably shouldn't get him anything too bloody, but I'd hate to deprive him of the joy of shooting people in the face.
Shooting people in the face is so last month. Maybe Batman Arkham Asylum might be good although it's rated T and there might be some scenes that might not be appropriate. Not sure what Halo was. Also not sure on the longevity of the title though since there's not really online play. I can't really think of any other 360 games of that type. Burnout Paradise is a good game as well and can be had for under $20 so throw that in with whatever else you buy!

And yeah Bloom Box or Elebits are decent titles as well for wee folk I would guess. Animal Crossing City Folk as well would fit in that category assuming they haven't played previous versions since it's pretty much just a remake of the Gamecube and DS versions. Oh and don't forget Super Mario Galaxy as well if they don't have it. I'd recommend that over New Super Mario Bros any day.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--