Just fucking say it!!

Why can't witches have babies? Because their husbands have hallo-weenies.
For scary, spooky or other Halloween-related posts.

Moderator: Fairweather Pure

Mak
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Just fucking say it!!

Post by Mak »

"Trick or Treat!!"

How hard is that? Don't just stand at my door with your bag held out. SAY IT!!!
Makora

Too often it seems it is the peaceful and innocent who are slaughtered. In this a lesson may be found that it may not be prudential to be either too peaceful or too innocent. One does not survive with wolves by becoming a sheep.
Arborealus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Just fucking say it!!

Post by Arborealus »

Mak wrote:"Trick or Treat!!"

How hard is that? Don't just stand at my door with your bag held out. SAY IT!!!
Shit just showing up at my door merits encouragement in my neighborhood...a total of maybe 15 kids out of a neighborhood of hundreds...And I was the only one giving out candy within eyeshot...:(...I overcompensated by increasing the volume per child...

In the bible belt...god hates candy it seems...

It is nice however that all the christian churches are having harvest festivals and returning the holiday to it's original pagan roots removing all the pesky christian imagery...
Bojangels
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bojangels »

Some kid asked me for money after I gave him candy. I was pretty dissapointed.
Abelard
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Abelard »

When I was younger all the kids in my area were the same age. So Halloween would be sick with hundreds and hundreds of kids out trick or treating. Now we're all in university and theres no one here who really trick or treats at all anymore. I think we maybe had 5 trick or treaters this year. Its really crazy how much it has changed ..
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

We had over 100 I'm sure. We also get a healthy boost from the inner city kids whose parents/friends drive them out to our neighborhood (probably for a safer experience).

The only moment that irritated me was when the teenage girl came up with her cell phone in her shoulder talking to someone and just held out her bag.

A moment later she got annoyed and shook it, while still chatting happily with whomever her friend was. Other kids came up around her, said "Trick or Treat" and got to pick a candy bar or other treat from a big basket.

Then she sighed and said "Hold on a moment, I have a problem here..." to her phone-buddy, finally looked over at me and said "Just put one in, geez."
- Ash
Somali
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Somali »

Thats funny. Did you tell her, "Like, not until you say the Magic words. Whatever..."
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

My neighborhood is a halloween haven. we go through over 250 treats each year. People drive to our area because it's that much of a hit. Personally, I love it, it's a cool holiday that shouts "Fall!" to me. The majority of kids/parents are great. Some of our neighbors just leave their baskets on their porch because they are taking their own kids out. It's 99.9% smooth. Everyone stops at 6 and the older kids don't come out until after 7 so that everyone can eat dinner.

We ran out of 300 pieces this year at 5:45. Play-doh and pretzels, both a big hit. The last group of 6 kids I could give to said they would share the three pretzel packs I had left. The next group was just two boys who, when I said we were out, said, "you could have told us" in a notty fashion right in front of their mom (they were out of towners that drive to my area because it's good pickings and safe I guess) to which I repremanded them for being rude. I wouldn't have normally gotten pissed but it's just that every other kid from 2 to 12 was polite.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Evil Play-doh!

My 3-year old daughter just discovered this stuff and now I find dried-up bits of it everywhere. I think Mommy needs to keep a better eye on her when she's playing with it.
- Ash