Halloween Party Game Ideas

Why can't witches have babies? Because their husbands have hallo-weenies.
For scary, spooky or other Halloween-related posts.

Moderator: Fairweather Pure

Akanae
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Halloween Party Game Ideas

Post by Akanae »

So I'm in charge of the work Halloween party (costume party) and I need some more game ideas! There will be 10-15 couples attending as well as ~18 kids ages 6 months to 10 years.
I think I am good on games for the kids, but I need more things that the adults can do that doesn't require everyone to group up and be together all at the same time.

Here are the activities I have been able to come up with so far:

Costume Contest
I was thinking maybe different categories for this one i.e. group costume and age groups. voting would be done by secret ballot by everyone attending.

Pumpkin carving

Pumpkin Golf
hollow out a large pumpkin and have a cardboard ramp leading up to it.

Beanbag toss

Spider Hunt or Bone Hunt
Hide a bunch of plastic spiders or bones around the office. Prize to the child who finds the most.

Guess the Pumpkins Weight

We also have a conference room with a wrap around couch and a large TV to play movies on as well as 2 editing bays with TVs and comfy chairs for additional viewings.

And for food I was thinking of doing a Super Mario character cake, except frost him in his frog outfit and use a red velvet cake mix (produces a dark red cake), frosted sugar cookies in Halloween shapes, and a cupcake caterpillar.
WOW - Eewy priest of Cenarius
EQ- Akanae Tendo officer of OTB ~retired~
COH - Akanae Empathy Defender on Pinnacle ~retired~
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Re: Halloween Party Game Ideas

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Bobbing for apples is always a winner! Messy too :) There's also the game where you eat an apple hanging from a string without using your hands. Simple to set up, yet fun and challanging for kids and adults alike.

For food, my Halloween party this weekend will be entirely munchies. Bat wings (chicken wings), Meatballs (look like something, I forget), Cheese and crackers (all premade with halloween cutout cheese and various food decorations), cheesball (looks like a zombie head), stuffed mushrooms, veggie and fruit tray, and cupcakes/cookies all decorated to theme. "Dead Horsemaen" will be another main dish, which is jumbo shrimp marinated in a very spicy sauce. My wife has made cool little signs for each one of the foods on little gravestones. The party will last a good 6ish hours, and we want people to be able to eat all night at their leisure.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

As part of the pumpkin carving, while cleaning out the pumpkins, see who can grab the biggest handful of pumpkin guts! It's all slimy!

Sounds like you have a nice party planned!

Punch with dry ice in the bottom always is a winner with Halloween parties...give a nice eerie look to the kettle!
Akanae
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Akanae »

Those food ideas sound cute. I don't think bobbing for apples would go over well with the crowd going though :) Too many people afraid of germs.

I forgot about dry ice! It will go well with the ice hand I'll have in the punch.
WOW - Eewy priest of Cenarius
EQ- Akanae Tendo officer of OTB ~retired~
COH - Akanae Empathy Defender on Pinnacle ~retired~
Arborealus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Arborealus »

An old fashioned game of find the razorblade in the apple is always a big hit!