Halloween Parties

Why can't witches have babies? Because their husbands have hallo-weenies.
For scary, spooky or other Halloween-related posts.

Moderator: Fairweather Pure

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Halloween Parties

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Well, it's that time of year again, and it's time to plan another party. I've always been the go to guy amoung my friends when it comes to Halloween parties. This year is pretty different though. Most of us have babies this year. We don't see each other as often as we once did. With all this in mind, I'm veering away from the traditional costume party this year.

I'm having a Zombie theme party this year. We'll be playing the board game, Zombies!, and watching zombie movies like Night of the Living of the Dead, ect. as we play. It's a bit more low key, and dosen't require getting a costume assembled. People will show up, we'll play a game or 3 of Zombies!, then finish up watching whatever movie is on. There will be 10-12 people coming, so 2 Zombie!(#1 and #4) board games will be going at all times. Door prizes will be zombie themed books and such (Zombie Survival Guide, World War Z, Walking Dead TBB, ect). Before the party officially starts up, people can take turns playing some Resident Evil 4. I saved the game prior to various boss fights so people can jump in and get some immediate action. Invitations are going out in a pretty cool, undead theme too. I always aim for scary and gross over cute and innocent!

My wife is super excited about providing the entire dinner (instead of potlock, like usual). She has had Halloween themed magazines/cookbooks for years, and this time she's going all out. Everything is going to look like something. It's going to be a visual and tasty treat.

I'm looking for any memorable Halloween/general party ideas that people have found fun in the past that I can incorporate into the night's festivities. There will be some booze, but most of my friends are very casual drinkers. (ie: no one gets drunk)

Here is the link to the Zombies! game for anyone that has no idea what I'm talking about.

http://www.twilightcreationsinc.com/zombies/

It's a very simple game that everyone can play. I needed something easy enough to explain to some of the less "game oriented" wives. It's fast and furious. I can safely recommend it to anyone that likes traditional board games. It's ages 12 and up, and there is no real learning curve involved. You can sit down and start playing.

I'm hoping to garner some ideas from people here. I'm interested in seeing what you have planned this year for yourself or have done in the past that has left an impression on you.
rhyae
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Re: Halloween Parties

Post by rhyae »

My friend has a party every year. I help decorate with the average halloween fun stuff, which gets more elaborate every year as we add to it.
Lot's of people come, we eat, we watch a scary movie, then the weird people go out into the back yard, get naked, or into hooded capes and burn stuff in a bonfire.
I skip that part.
Maybe capes and bonfires make me nervous.
I did make 'Corpse Cakes' last year. Cupcakes topped with little skulls and body parts made out of fondant and dipped in strawberry jelly.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Costume Party with a scavenger hunt around the town (or just the area the party will be in if you are not in a small town) without announcing the scavenger hunt to party attendees in advance. This works great when a blizzard hits in the middle of the hunt too! Happened to me when I had to run around businesses dressed in a bra, silk boxers, combat boots, faerie wings, and wielding an air pump. We had a blast, but I was FREEZING!
redeemed
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by redeemed »

my friend owns a bar and she does a themed party there every year. this year it's "heroes and villains"
I don't usually go to house parties
dulce et decorum est
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

redeemed wrote:my friend owns a bar and she does a themed party there every year. this year it's "heroes and villains"

So what Hero (or Villain) are you going to dress up as? The White Queen is a possibility. She would work as both Villain and Hero!

It's an easy costume as well! You just need Thigh-high white boots and some of those sleeve thingies!
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

My wife is super excited about providing the entire dinner (instead of potlock, like usual).
I hope for her sake most of it is make-ahead stuff. Everytime I entertain and have to cook a lot of food, I end up too tired to enjoy my party. The last Halloween party I had, I made all the food. I had my sister and her friend helping with decorations and food. I was exhausted by the time the party started. Never again...
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Lalanae wrote:
My wife is super excited about providing the entire dinner (instead of potlock, like usual).
I hope for her sake most of it is make-ahead stuff. Everytime I entertain and have to cook a lot of food, I end up too tired to enjoy my party. The last Halloween party I had, I made all the food. I had my sister and her friend helping with decorations and food. I was exhausted by the time the party started. Never again...

We're kind of "party professionals". We throw a party about every 2-3 months. When I say "she" will be making all of the food, that actually includes me :) I'm aware of the situation you described and I help ensure that dosen't happen. About 2/3rds of most party food can be made or prepped a day or 2 before if you know what you're doing and plan ahead!
redeemed
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by redeemed »

Winnow wrote:
redeemed wrote:my friend owns a bar and she does a themed party there every year. this year it's "heroes and villains"

So what Hero (or Villain) are you going to dress up as? The White Queen is a possibility. She would work as both Villain and Hero!

It's an easy costume as well! You just need Thigh-high white boots and some of those sleeve thingies!
haha.. that's pretty funny because I'm actually trying to get *her* (my friend) to be emma frost. though the more tame version: Image

I was thinking of being something more simple - a greek goddess like "athena" or maybe a sexy medusa as a villain :twisted:
dulce et decorum est
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

redeemed wrote: haha.. that's pretty funny because I'm actually trying to get *her* (my friend) to be emma frost. though the more tame version: Image

I was thinking of being something more simple - a greek goddess like "athena" or maybe a sexy medusa as a villain :twisted:
That version of Emma works as well! : )

The comic artist section of the VV Gallery site might give you some ideas:

http://stuff.thathappened.com/index.php?cat=17

Catwoman is another possibility. All you need is a full body black latex skin tight suit and some goggles!

rawr
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

This was me last year:

What was I? Good question. Drunk and wearing ridiculous pants with silly hair and makeup?

My friend is censored to protect her from internet pervs.

I'm a big fan of halloween and halloween parties. One of the highlights of the year.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

jokes on you chicks with black splotches on their faces just happens to be my fetish
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

She appears to be into watersports...and other things
Abelard
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Abelard »

cadalano wrote:jokes on you chicks with black splotches on their faces just happens to be my fetish
hahahahaha!