Call of Duty: Whatever the fuck this one's suffix is

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Call of Duty: Whatever the fuck this one's suffix is

Post by Funkmasterr »

I'm not sure why, but I decided to buy this last night. Actually, scratch that; I decided I'm done trying to get a bunch of fucking retards to pull their heads out of their asses for long enough to complete the raid in Destiny, and this is the only other multiplayer game on the horizon.

At any rate, I played through the first campaign mission last night and was pleasantly surprised. They've added a double jump, and a dash that you can use to go in any direction. It almost seems more like a mix of TitanFall and Call of Duty, and the added movement, particularly the added vertical movement - which is fleshed out with a lot with the maps, too - makes the game feel different enough from previous CoD titles.

I had a lot of fun with the campaign, it was late though, so I didn't get a chance to try multiplayer, will do that tonight. More info to come.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Call of Duty: Whatever the fuck this one's suffix is

Post by Leonaerd »

and this is the only other multiplayer game on the horizon.
There will be a new Unreal Tournament. It will be free. I will build a new rig for this. All will be good.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Leonaerd wrote:
and this is the only other multiplayer game on the horizon.
There will be a new Unreal Tournament. It will be free. I will build a new rig for this. All will be good.
Yeah, but most of the people I play with don't/won't have gaming PC's, so that's out of the question.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

It boggles my mind how people are sucked into console gaming. There is not a single aspect of PC gaming that isn't vastly superior in every way.

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I prefer sitting on my couch and gaming. If I played on my PC, this would require a controller, which would then negate most of the point of playing on a PC. It's basically that simple in my case.

Not to mention I'd argue the social aspect of gaming is absolutely better on any console (aside from Nintendo's consoles) hands down. Even Steam isn't as good, and in cases other than Steam you're having to use a different infrastructure for each game, which I don't like.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Leonaerd wrote:It boggles my mind how people are sucked into console gaming. There is not a single aspect of PC gaming that isn't vastly superior in every way.
"Sucked into"? What does that even mean.

I have both. Some games I play on PC some are on console. I can see aspects that are more positive on one environment over the other.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Ghosts was the worst entry in the series and I still consider it decent. This latest release is getting pretty good word of mouth and I know very little about the overall story. But locking zombie mode behind the $50 season pass is goddamn disgusting and that really pisses me off. Target is doing a buy 2 get 1 free next week and I'm debating dropping this CoD as my third game and just wait for a sale or complete edition. It will depend greatly on what is available at my Target.

Also, PCs and consoles are great for different reasons/games/genres. The truth is that if you don't have them all, you're missing out on something. I like playing on my PC to get some alone time in my office, but console gaming is where myself and my entire family primarily game. PC games are missing couch co-op, which is highly important to me. My friends and family are all very social gamers.

Triple screen gaming PC and 70" theater room is the very best of both worlds and I consider myself lucky to have both. More options is always better than limited options.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Both have their uses. Being the owner of all consoles and PC (except for the crappy Wii consoles), I prefer playing MMORPGS and War Simulations on the PC and pretty much everything else on the consoles, even if the graphics aren't quite as good. (I'm not talking Wii ass bad graphics for you people that actually put up with 480P last gen...lol!, but slightly less than a PC)

Even the mighty Xbox Controllers, that one day will be worshiped much like phallic symbols were worshiped in the past, can't compete with the mouse in fast action flying sims.

On the flip side, VR is going to take all the PC power you can throw at it and will still probably want more due to the extremely high res quad HD screens required for clear full FOV gaming at 90fps, so having a high end PC will remain useful in the future for those that want the next level of awesomeness that will be VR gaming.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

CoD Advanced Warfare 'runs smoother' on Xbox One than PS4

The Xbox One version of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare reportedly has a more stable frame rate than the PS4 edition.

The findings come from Eurogamer's Digital Foundry, which studied the campaign mode in both versions to see which performed best.

In terms of resolution, the PS4 version comes out on top. While it runs at a constant 1080p, the Xbox One version dynamically changes between full 1920x1080 and an upscaling 1360x1080 resolution depending on how much action is taking place.

Despite this, Digital Foundry claims that since the switch to a slightly lower resolution generally takes place during the most frantic scenes, it's extremely difficult to tell the difference between the two.

More noticeable, it claims, is the difference between the frame rates. While the Xbox One version more or less holds firm at a solid 60 frames per second, the PS4 version regularly drops frames during action scenes.

"With patch version 1.04 installed, the PS4 version's constant 1080p output comes at a price," the report claims. "We catch dips between the 50-60fps lines during battles through Seoul's streets - with drops to the high 40s caught when throwing the 'threat' grenades to scan the area for enemies.

"Even in perfectly matched scenes, the Xbox One's performance tends to hold at a perfect 60fps by comparison."

This can be seen in the video below, which shows similar scenes taking place on both versions side-by-side.
Enjoy that frame dropping jitter 1080p!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I've played quite a bit by now, and I've had zero framerate issues.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Funkmasterr wrote:I've played quite a bit by now, and I've had zero framerate issues.
yeah, it's probably one of things like riding in a car with standard suspension and then riding in one with exceptional suspension. You don't notice it until you ride in the better car.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

This is one of the many reasons I never recommend Ford vehicles.
en kærlighed småkager
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Winnow wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:I've played quite a bit by now, and I've had zero framerate issues.
yeah, it's probably one of things like riding in a car with standard suspension and then riding in one with exceptional suspension. You don't notice it until you ride in the better car.
If I didn't know better, I'd think you were so dangerously retarded that you were a danger to yourself, and would notify the authorities to start searching the streets of Arizona.