Sunset Overdrive

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Sunset Overdrive

Post by Animalor »

I'm going to be upfront and admit that I wasn't planning on picking this up yesterday but the hype managed to suck me in and I wanted a distraction from Destiny.

It's getting a solid 80 on metacritic http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one ... -overdrive.

The game feels a lot like Infamous with a dash of Crackdown and Borderland's style/personality.

I've put about 2 hours in up till now and am having a good time. Traversal is fluid and works really well and the game flows really well. I had a smile most of the time I played it.

There's a ton of customizations you can do to your character so you can go completely off the wall with him/her if you want to.

There's also a ton of collectibles to get that are used to make your character more powerful. The only unfortunate parts of this is that the game is at it's best when you're moving quickly through the environment and slowing down to look for these really doesn't showcase the best of the experience.

Looking forward to playing it more.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Re: Sunset Overdrive

Post by Funkmasterr »

I considered getting it, but honestly the constantly sliding around Tony Hawk style on shit to get a multiplier up is a real turn off for me. Decided I'll pass on it, Dragon Age coming out in a few weeks anyhow.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Watched a little of the game streaming last night. It looks like fun. i'll play it at some point but I'm good for games until Dragon Age for now. I play War Thunder for the most part any time I feel like playing a game for now.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

My wife is picking it up today for me and I should be able to play tonight (if I can tear myself from Bayonetta 2 that is).
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I played about an hour last night. I thought it was ok? I heard it gets much better the further into the game you get, so I look forward to that. I'm having issues keeping my combos going because I just cannot reach things (power lines, cars, ect.) that look like I should be able to in order to keep a combo alive. It's my understanding that gets addressed with amps and power ups and your character can just go nuts at that point. I look forward to that!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Sunset Overdrive is now on Steam, as well as other platforms I imagine, for $20. That's not a bad price but I have way too many games I haven't played so I'll probably not pick it up until it hits a Steam sale.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:Sunset Overdrive is now on Steam, as well as other platforms I imagine, for $20. That's not a bad price but I have way too many games I haven't played so I'll probably not pick it up until it hits a Steam sale.
Never really heard much positive or negative about it. I see from my previous comments it was released way back when Dragon Age was new. I'll give it a try eventually when Game Pass comes out for the PC.