Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor Xbox/PS

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor Xbox/PS

Post by Winnow »

This game is getting very good reviews:

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/09/26/metar ... _truncated

Looks like it might be worth checking out. This is not an Xbox One exclusive so you PS4 owners can play too!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor Xbox/PS

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:This is not an Xbox One exclusive so you PS4 owners can play too!
And probably at a better resolution as well. Funny how they've sent out no Xbox One copies to the press (that I've read about). They have all been the PS4 version. Obviously that's the version to get. Which makes sense since it's a multi-platform game!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
Winnow wrote: And probably at a better resolution as well

Oh see! You didn't have to go there! This is a kinder gentler message board now. All consoles (except Wii U) are great and worth owning (just remember the bad placement of the joysticks on dualshock controllers)
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

you don't think it is worth owning both? I have both. I prefer the PS4, but the Xbone is by no means a "bad" console, It is worth owning if you can afford both.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Tyek wrote:you don't think it is worth owning both? I have both. I prefer the PS4, but the Xbone is by no means a "bad" console, It is worth owning if you can afford both.
I've owned both since day one. I've had more fun with the Xbox One but eventually the PS4 will be worth it. Xbox One has gotten a bad rap due to those with less vision bashing great sharing innovations by Microsoft. It's like the middle ages for consoles where progress is stopped by the superstitious and those that think we should go back to cartridges.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

riiiightt
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Aslanna wrote:Funny how they've sent out no Xbox One copies to the press (that I've read about). They have all been the PS4 version.
Giant Bomb has discussed this a few times on their podcast to address questions about why the vast majority of their previews and reviews are the PS4 versions. They get whatever review copy is sent to them. The review copies that sites get are virtually always the version that is the market leader. Last gen, they were given advance copies of 360 games more often than not and this gen it's the PS4. They're not choosing sides, it's just the way the system works.

As far as this game goes, I think it looks great. I'll wait for a sale though. I say that all the time and get the games Day 1 on a whim, so we'll just have to wait and see. My hobby time has swung pretty heavily back to board games and miniature painting lately though, so its a lot easier to pass on a game when other hobbies are sitting on deck awaiting your attention when you have free time!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Tyek wrote:you don't think it is worth owning both?
I do not.

I can afford both. However I have no desire to support MS financially. If it was just the console itself maybe but once they got you then it's $ on peripherals, yearly online fees, etc.. No thanks. Fuck Microsoft!
Winnow wrote: Oh see! You didn't have to go there! This is a kinder gentler message board now. All consoles (except Wii U) are great and worth owning (just remember the bad placement of the joysticks on dualshock controllers)
I'm just trying to provide a customer service! Obviously for the best version you'd want to go PC. But if it's console then go PS4. It's just a fact!

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Fairweather Pure wrote:
Aslanna wrote:Funny how they've sent out no Xbox One copies to the press (that I've read about). They have all been the PS4 version.
Giant Bomb has discussed this a few times on their podcast to address questions about why the vast majority of their previews and reviews are the PS4 versions. They get whatever review copy is sent to them. The review copies that sites get are virtually always the version that is the market leader. Last gen, they were given advance copies of 360 games more often than not and this gen it's the PS4. They're not choosing sides, it's just the way the system works.
Or... Microsoft is convincing them to not send it out so that people wont flip out when it's like 720p or something. Like PES 2015. (See below!)

Regardless, in this case, I really doubt it's anything to do with PS4 being the "market leader". I guess we'll see when it's released which one of us is right.
Konami revealed the final resolutions and frame rates for Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 on PS4, PS3 & Xbox One on their Japanese product page:

PlayStation 4: 1080p/60fps
Xbox One: 720p/60fps
PlayStation 3: 720p/60fps

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

No one plays that game. Anyone who does play a soccer game would play FIFA.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:No one plays that game. Anyone who does play a soccer game would play FIFA.
Really? While FIFA may be the market leader I've heard that PES is the better game.

As far as Shadow of Mordor goes, I think anyone who likes the Batman combat, albeit one that is a bit more forgiving, and the Assassin's Creed traversal system would probably like this game. I've put about 30 hours into it so far and have only just unlocked the ability to brand enemies but that's because I wasn't focusing that much on the story missions at first. It has definitely been worth the $25 I paid for it.

However I'm not yet sold on the Nemesis system as being as revolutionary as most of the reviews claim. Maybe I'm missing the big picture. If only Midnyte were here to explain it to me.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

:lol:

I put this aside and haven't picked it back up yet. The nemesis system didn't strike me as revolutionary either, but I read something somewhere that used it as an example for why the new consoles really pushed pc gaming requirements up, apparently it uses a lot of resources since its always tracking all the enemies.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
Winnow wrote: Really? While FIFA may be the market leader I've heard that PES is the better game.
Kind of like Android and iOS!

Except for racing games (which really isn't a sport), I don't get into sports simulations that much. I'm sure one of the Euros on this board could comment on the quality of the two games and tell us how much a litre liter of cola costs at the same time.

I tried to think of a PC/Console sports game I've liked and had to go back to Summer Olympics on C-64 to mention something that was memorable.

Those legs were the closest thing we had to pr0n back then.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Funkmasterr wrote::lol:

I put this aside and haven't picked it back up yet. The nemesis system didn't strike me as revolutionary either, but I read something somewhere that used it as an example for why the new consoles really pushed pc gaming requirements up, apparently it uses a lot of resources since its always tracking all the enemies.
Same here.

The ps360 version is the same game but without the nemisis system, lol. That has to be s pretty shitty bersion of the game.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

So much nonsense in this thread.. Regardless. This is on sale on PC for $6!

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/m ... dor-bundle
ABOUT THE BUNDLE

7 DAYS ONLY! A Middle-earth bundle to rule them all. Save a massive 80% with a Steam key for the GDC 2015 Game of the Year, Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, including 18 DLC.

--