Destiny

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Re: Destiny

Post by Funkmasterr »

I haven't played in a few months at least, but it certainly didn't take anywhere near a couple of days to fully level up weapons when I was playing, more like weeks or months. Which reminds me of another problem - the shit you have equipped shouldn't be the only thing that "levels up" when you turn stuff in.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:I haven't played in a few months at least, but it certainly didn't take anywhere near a couple of days to fully level up weapons when I was playing, more like weeks or months. Which reminds me of another problem - the shit you have equipped shouldn't be the only thing that "levels up" when you turn stuff in.
I think you are confused with another game. There is no item in Destiny that takes weeks much less months to level up. You were obviously doing something wrong. I guarantee you I could level any legendary item up in 3 days max. An Exotic 5 days max.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Doing all the quest things I assume? I didn't do many of those because I mostly stayed away from PvP, and didn't go out of my way to do anything I didn't want to do or change my play style in order to complete them. And I shouldn't have to in order to progress.

Defend it all you want, it's a very flawed system. They're trying to do things differently from mmo's not because their system works better, just to be different so they can tell the casuals it's not an mmo.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

It's not a flawed system. You level up your shit by playing the game. And many of the bounties (I never did PVP ones) could be done without going out of your way. So don't complain about how long it took to level up things if you didn't use the systems in place to do so.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Except it is. Most of the time the bounties could not be done without going out of my way, if I'm going to log in and play a few strikes, it should level up my gear just as much as doing bounties with that time. That being said, leveling up gear is fucking stupid anyhow, like I said before; they've got the grind alllll wrong.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

That's like complaining that you couldn't level up in EverQuest just by questing. I mean.. It's got QUEST right in the name!

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah, nice try.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

A few observations of the Taken King

1 - Don't be attached to your year 1 gear. Almost immediately obsoleted by random drops.

2 - The levels are essentially purely a limiting mechanism for gear. Light is still king. If you're level 40 and don't meet the recommended light level for a specific strike/encounter/event, I believe your damage output will be reduced and your damage taken is increased. Yesterday`s daily was rated at 240 light and the highest we had across 3 L40 characters was 225. We got close but didn't have the damage output to do it.

3 - There's a lot of collectibles in the form of keys in the Dreadnaught. I found a LOT of chests I couldn't open because I didn't have the appropriate key.

4 - The new Warlock Arc subclass is hella fun.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I will take a moment to address Funks complaint first. You really don't have to level gear now as it starts with the damage stat already set at its maximum. The ONLY thing 'leveling' up a weapon (and armor) does now is unlock perks. Which are useless half the time anyway. So this as a complaint is now at the bottom of the barrel since the impact is low even if you don't level up your stuff. Having said that it still takes nowhere near a week to level up anything. I maxed out numerous items yesterday that only ended up being swapped out when I got better drops.
Animalor wrote:A few observations of the Taken King

1 - Don't be attached to your year 1 gear. Almost immediately obsoleted by random drops.

2 - The levels are essentially purely a limiting mechanism for gear. Light is still king. If you're level 40 and don't meet the recommended light level for a specific strike/encounter/event, I believe your damage output will be reduced and your damage taken is increased. Yesterday`s daily was rated at 240 light and the highest we had across 3 L40 characters was 225. We got close but didn't have the damage output to do it.

3 - There's a lot of collectibles in the form of keys in the Dreadnaught. I found a LOT of chests I couldn't open because I didn't have the appropriate key.

4 - The new Warlock Arc subclass is hella fun.
1 - This was a hard thing to do! Gjallarhorn is still a bit useful at times at least through some of the story missions.

2 - That daily heroic was tough! We wiped numerous times on the last part but in the end prevailed. I don't know what the average level we had but I think I was around 240 at the time. I made it to 253 by the end of the night so not a bad days results. Basically how we ended up doing it was everyone save your Supers until the Taken Cabal guys with the shields spawn, clear those fast as possible, then unload on Oryx when he flies in and is no longer immune to damage. All in all it was tough going for only 15 (I think) Legendary Marks.

3 - We didn't spend too much time in there other than doing the quests. We did do the Court of Oryx public event thing for about 15 different goes among the three of us. Only one gave us trouble initially (two boss guys have to be close together before shields drop) but after that first attempt we won all the rest. I don't think I got anything useful except a blue 243 Ghost. Oh and a 260 sidearm that does void. That will be handy next to the Vestian Dynasty (arc) once that's been infused up. I really like using the sidearms!

4 - It is fun but I almost feel it's a bit underpowered at least where I currently am which is probably half way done to completing all the leveling of the perks. It doesn't seem that useful on bosses as you pretty much need to get into melee range. And you can't easily switch subclasses on the fly since you lose your Super (which always annoyed me). It does good for clearing a wave of adds though.

Bonus item:

5 - Nathan Fillion is a hoot as Cayde-6. We didn't hear much from him prior to this but he's all over this 'expansion' or whatever it's called.

Overall I think they did a good job with TTK. Some people were complaining about the main story missions being too short but I thought it was about right. It's never going to be Witcher 3 or Fallout 4 as far as story length goes.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

This game is too easy! I went from level 1 to level 25 in the blink of an eye!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Picked up Destiny: Legendary yesterday.

Some observations. First the negatives:

- The Tower is the worst city/base ever. It's heartless and boring. All of the NPCs have deadpan looks and monotone, boring dialogue (the few lines that they randomly spew out) I have no desire to return to the crappy place after a quest...especially since...

- Load times suck ass. I remember commenting about how fucking retarded the ship screen was when going from the Tower to wherever back in beta and assuming it was some beta code that needed to be cleaned up. WASTE OF TIME. They should have cut that out and just brought up a map with a button press on the Ghost screen to pick your next destination and saved everyone HOURS of wasted time coming and going from that useless Ship-in-space screen. It takes for fucking ever to load up the Tower, no need to make it even worse with the lame Space screen.

- Story is as non existent as I remember. Worst MMO story I've experienced. Chinese beta MMOs I can't even understand are more interesting than Destiny. I'm sure Nathan Fillion does a fine job when I eventually get to his part but that's no excuse for a WAY below average story...I have no fucking clue what's going on. I'm a guardian. That's all I know.

- I leveled up to 25 instantly but still went to the rusty brown Earth because level 25 means zero when you aren't given any skills to go along with it. There's no getting around it...at least the Earth part of Destiny sucks ass.

- Weapon/Armor loot is interesting but leveling up a specific weapon only to throw it away is another fucking retarded "concept". You end up using a sub par weapon most of the time and then another weapon comes along after you wasted your (whatever they're called) points upgrading something you will be dumping anyway for a handful or points and parts after dismantling.

- the UI works well. It's very functional but at the same time uninspired. It seems the creators of Destiny (Halo team) have almost no imagination. Technically they did a good job but the world is so lifeless. Barren wastelands with some odd looking mobs thrown around it. The crew above made Destiny and their game is a reflection of the picture above. A bunch of lifeless zombots.

- There's zero "buy in" to this game. Don't give a shit about the world, the characters, or story (if there is one). There are many game worlds you can marvel at and just wander around enjoying the scenery. Destiny is the opposite of that. Which sucks extra hard since you have to repeat the same shit over and over. Earth has this map to pick your next quest but it dumps you in the same fucking spot. It's one decent sized zone with all of the quests crammed in it.

- to sum up the bad parts. I can't stand the presentation of this game. It's technically well done but everything else lacks big time.

Positives:

- The combat is pretty fun.

- While cold and too precise, the UI is well designed technically. It's a shame the developers have no imagination. The foundation of this game is great. They brought the tech team in for this game but forgot the artists and story people.

- weapon leveling is the gayest (gay meaning fucking lame, not gay meaning you're gay) thing ever. Just do it like Borderlands. Pump out more loot and forget the lame weapon leveling that goes wasted eventually. I'd rather use what I have and just replaced it with something better if it drops, not spend points leveling up gear to never reach the best it can be because your character advanced and you have a new weapon barely better but enough to force you to dump the one you have points invested in...wouldn't care if no points spent on it...just a bad mechanic from those Zombot developers.

The game is technically solid and combat well done...except for the part where the fucking mobs run for cover when you're a mile away if you zoom in on them without having fired a single shot. I don't mind AI where mobs move and jump around for cover but this is a flaw. They bolt due to using your zoom? Weak.

Recommendation: Lease the game engine and basic functionality of Destiny to a company with a team of creative people that can make something great out of it. 500M budget? You gotta be kidding me. Take a look at GTA V, now that's a game that demonstrates money well spent in all aspects of the game.

Technically polished game that's uninspired with incredifuckinglong loading screens, trolling everyone with an additionally useless Ship-in-space screen to waste your time.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:- weapon leveling is the gayest (gay meaning fucking lame, not gay meaning you're gay) thing ever. Just do it like Borderlands. Pump out more loot and forget the lame weapon leveling that goes wasted eventually. I'd rather use what I have and just replaced it with something better if it drops, not spend points leveling up gear to never reach the best it can be because your character advanced and you have a new weapon barely better but enough to force you to dump the one you have points invested in...wouldn't care if no points spent on it...just a bad mechanic from those Zombot developers.
Just a bad comment from that negative Nancy VVer. There is no such thing as leveling a weapon now. You unlock perks. Just like many other multi-player shooters. THAT'S IT. So all you people complaining about leveling weapons (and armor) can shaddup already! (Disclaimer: That was a change sometime around the HoW expansion so I'm not sure it applies to earlier content. Pretty sure it does though.)
Winnow wrote:500M budget? You gotta be kidding me.
You do know that 500m budget wasn't for what was released day 1, don't you? I guess not!
Responding to a question from a fan, Bungie’s Eric Osborne repeated the developer’s Chief Operating Officer Pete Parsons’ explanation: “For marketing you'd have to ask Activision people, but for development costs, not anything close to $500 million,” Parsons told GameIndustry International in an interview. “I think that speaks a lot more to the long-term investment that we're making in the future of the product.”

“We’re pouring everything it takes into Destiny to ensure it meets our fans' expectations, and our own,” Osborne added. “Activision is, too. But the budget for Destiny, including associated marketing costs and pizza Wednesdays, is nowhere near 500 million dollars.”
Try again!
Winnow wrote:Technically polished game that's uninspired with incredifuckinglong loading screens, trolling everyone with an additionally useless Ship-in-space screen to waste your time.
Loading screens aren't that bad. Use that time to go through your inventory and break down armor and weapons you don't want!

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

one change that "snuck" in with TTK updates was having upgraded weapons/armor give a better return when they were broken down. Not huge, but something that was missing before.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

This game is comedy gold when it comes to dialogue.

Here's an example.

On Venus, after killing the Vex things, a mystery woman appears. The following are some of her lines:
I don't even have time to tell you I don't have time to tell you.
followed up by
these things are so evil that they hate evil

whaaat? lol

Why do I remember where is was? Because it was in middle of an open air library with paper books.(no the roof wasn't caved in) It's like they didn't even try to make sense of things and threw in random assets in zones.

1 Million or 500 Million, this game sucks in many areas.

----------------

They should just start everyone off at level 40. It didn't take long to figure out that everything is useless up until you get 40 gear. Whether I was level 25 or level 1, I'd still be running around with 95% level 40 players in the exact same zones.

I tried some PvP....yep, I guess the system thinks level 30s are equally matched ith level 40's with exotic weapons. I tried 4 matches. I got one lucky kill in 4 matches. I suck at PvP but I don't suck that bad. My 150 Light weapon and armor probably not so good matched up against 280 stuff.

So really, they may as well just make no level and make it pure loot based since that what will happen anyway at level 40.

----------------

I did try the first mission in the newest expansion Taken and it looks like they've gotten the look of the game up to Halo 3 quality.

Having some fun improving my gear. Made it to level 35 so far. We'll see if can keep going to 40.

I played a Co-Op mission and faired pretty well. I was 32 the other two people were 40 (of course). I seemed to hold my own. I wonder if the game is smart enough to adjust damage done to the exact same mob done by various levels to make it have equal effect. I say this because in the newb zones at level 25 and almost no skills leveled up, I seemed to be doing the same damage level 40s were doing (or close to it minus the weapon bonuses/mods, etc). If they do have tech in the game that does that, it's impressive and should be used in a better overall game. Anyone know exactly what's happening that allows 40's and 1's to be in the same zone and appear to both contribute? 40's nerfed or 1's buffed when in same fight?

I've gotten lots of emblem blue drops but none of them have turned into Legendary items although it shows that they have a chance to. Maybe that starts at 40 as well.

What's the recommended weapon for PvP? I am very attached to my Scout Rifle (yep same one I was given when I insta leveled to 25) I'm 35 now and can't seem to find better that my first weapon so far. Scout Rifle doesn't seem to get the job dont in PvP though. I also picked up a Sniper rifle early on and can't seem to find better after 10 levels. It's great that loot drop often but only by armor seems to get replaced. If the weapons they give you after insta 25 leveling are that good, they probably should make them a little worse as it will detract players from the fun...and not many are going to want to grind 1-40, 25-40 is bad enough. This all gets back to the game really doesn't need levels 1-39, especially since it's all about your equipment and skills. They seem to dumb all levels in the same zone anyway.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Switched to Auto Rifle and got three kills my first match with a green unleveled weapon, after getting 1 in 4 with my Scout Rifle. That seems to be the ticket. Still last place but better.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Do you even read what you type? You obviously don't have a clue what it even says.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Boogahz wrote:Do you even read what you type? You obviously don't have a clue what it even says.
Can't be remotely as bad as the dialogue from Destiny.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Boogahz wrote:3VF-LGC-RLX
Code for a new emblem available 9-15
There was the 'Arrrrrrrr' code yesterday for Talk Like a Pirate Day. I forgot about it but it still worked a few minutes ago so give it a try!
Code Entered Successfully!
Arrrrrrrr

Pick up ur booty at t' Postmaster in t' Tower.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
Boogahz wrote:3VF-LGC-RLX
Code for a new emblem available 9-15
There was the 'Arrrrrrrr' code yesterday for Talk Like a Pirate Day. I forgot about it but it still worked a few minutes ago so give it a try!
Code Entered Successfully!
Arrrrrrrr

Pick up ur booty at t' Postmaster in t' Tower.
Don't know what that is but it worked!

Hit level 40 last night so will see how things go now.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Finally got a decent legendary weapon and it's been a big help.

So it's been established that the stupid ship waiting screen is completely unnecessary and a waste of time. But on top of having this time/load sink, it probably has wasted several years more of combined time for players of Destiny by 1, making you move your cursor over to "launch" after selecting your destination...look, after digging through the menu to find the destination you want, you can be pretty fucking sure that's where the person wants to go since the description of the event/location is fully laid out before you choose it...and 2, the "launch countdown" of 3 seconds. Why in the fuck do you need to wait three more seconds after you already were forced to move your cursor over to the "launch" button and press it? Worst design component I've seen in a long long time in a "AAA" game. Pure wasted time with no beneficial function.

Getting better in PvP. Didn't come in last one match. Right now, my best move to help the team win a match, if it's close, is to run and go hide so I don't cost the team any points by dying. Got my legendary weapon while placing last so at least that's a bit of a motivator to keep playing PvP.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Not every post has to be a complaining whine fest you know!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Parts of this game are fun.

Not a fan of exploits like "3 coins" that have some players with tons of exotics. I'm happy to have two legendary non optimal weapons, which normally would be cool as you work toward better stuff, but not so cool when 90% of the people in PvP have exotic weapons with the best perks.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Not a fan of exploits like "3 coins" that have some players with tons of exotics. I'm happy to have two legendary non optimal weapons, which normally would be cool as you work toward better stuff, but not so cool when 90% of the people in PvP have exotic weapons with the best perks.
Not sure it's an exploit as such. You're just using your coins faster than you might otherwise. But you can 'legit' use them as intended and have gotten some exotic items just a well.

Regardless, 90% of the time I get killed in PVP it is NOT from exotic weapons.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I only seem to do well using melee in PvP. I'm the "sunbro" class. I'm researching the best pure melee PvP class to see if I can try that. I've seen sword weapon peeps runninga round that one hit kill so that may be the weapon for me, or a shotgun. I never seem to use my weapon in PvP, just Grenades and Melee.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Sith lord is pretty much the flavor of the month now
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Lightning hands is pretty fun! That's the class I've been focusing most of my time on but I'm pretty much stuck at around 297 until I can get some raid gear. Followed by my Titan around 283 I think and my Hunter around 280.

Speaking of raid gear, I tried that 'hidden' event during the Daily Heroic yesterday for hours and my team just couldn't beat it. And of course people that already did beat it, for the most part, didn't want to help do it again.

And for people new to Destiny don't forget about Destiny Item Manager or Tower Ghost for Destiny. I prefer TGD but I know others who like DIM better for some strange reason.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:Lightning hands is pretty fun! That's the class I've been focusing most of my time on
Fun PvP or PvE or both?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

In accordance with forum prophecy, The Three of Coins that Xûr sells are slightly modified:

- Each of them provides a smaller increase to Exotic Engram drop chance when used in rapid succession
- When used with more time between kills (for example, on Strike bosses), they remain as effective as before
I wish they would have been more specific as to what "more time" entails. 15 minutes? A half hour? Some strikes have multiple bosses. One even has two at the same time!

All they needed to do was add a cooldown to them similar to the ammo synths.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:
Aslanna wrote:Lightning hands is pretty fun! That's the class I've been focusing most of my time on
Fun PvP or PvE or both?
A bit of both!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I've almost maxed the Sunsinger, looking forward to my 2 grenades. Looks like some Exotic Chest does a lot to increase grenade refresh times. My legendary weapon also decreases grenade refresh time with each kill. After I max the Sun subclass I'll try the Sith/Arc thingy. The electric stuff looks like it would fit into my melee only plan.

Would be nice to get at least one Exotic so I know that they they exist. I've got tons of crap in my inventory the Mote thingies, weapon upgrade components, etc. I have enough Coins for an Exotic this weekend from the trader guy so that will probably be my first. Hopefully this week he's trading Primary Weapons. How do I get the sword and is that a Primary Weapon?
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Prison of Elders was where I got most of my Exotics before the changes. I'm not sure if it is still a good place to get them, and I don't know how the keys even drop anymore, since the Wolves quests are gone.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:I've almost maxed the Sunsinger, looking forward to my 2 grenades. Looks like some Exotic Chest does a lot to increase grenade refresh times. My legendary weapon also decreases grenade refresh time with each kill. After I max the Sun subclass I'll try the Sith/Arc thingy. The electric stuff looks like it would fit into my melee only plan.
You're not invincible when using your super but I've cleared out 4-5 players at once in PVP and seldom die while it's active. It's pretty low-skill to actually use. Just activate it then zap fools.When you kill those nearby then look on the radar for red and head that way. After it runs out then I'm pretty much getting shot over and over again as usual. But for one brief moment I am to be feared!
Winnow wrote:Would be nice to get at least one Exotic so I know that they they exist. I've got tons of crap in my inventory the Mote thingies, weapon upgrade components, etc. I have enough Coins for an Exotic this weekend from the trader guy so that will probably be my first. Hopefully this week he's trading Primary Weapons. How do I get the sword and is that a Primary Weapon?
The initial sword you get, which is classified as a heavy weapon, is a 220 legendary however it can be reforged to a exotic but I'm not quite sure how that works just yet. I know my next step, after infusing it to be 280+, involves getting kills with it in Crucible. So that's one of the reasons I haven't really bothered since it uses heavy ammo which is hard to come by in PVP although I guess there is a way to kill people without ammo but it's not as effective.

Anyway to get it I believe you just need 15 (25?) of those Hadium Flakes from chests on the Dreadnaught and some motes (I think) and talk to either Eris (BRING ME THE EYES!) or Shaxx I don't recall who it was and you should be able to pick one (void,solar , or arc). I've got two so far (solar ad arc) and my Hunter should have enough flakes for my third one so I'll be picking up a void so I have one for every occasion!

For a guaranteed exotic you're going to want to do the weapon tests from the gun guy (Banshee-44 I believe) every Wednesday. You should get a legendary when increasing levels and also once you get to level 1 you can place an order for a weapon that you can pick up the following Wednesday and it only costs 2500 glimmer. The only bad thing is you have to carry around the order in your weapon inventory all week. Level 2 lets you order 2 and level 3 you can order 3. Anyway, when you hit level 2 he'll give you a quest. Finish that and get a legendary. Once you hit level 3 you'll get another quest and when you finish that you should get an exotic scout rifle. At least for the Warlock it was a scout rifle I am not sure if it changes based on class. I believe they will be 280 legendaries but still even if you don't need them you can reclaim them for 3 legendary marks. 5 if you unlock the perks before dismantling.

As far as Prison of Elders goes, you can get a key each week from doing the queen bounties however I believe that has changed and you have to get to a certain faction level with her before Petra will give you bounties. Another way is that the small chests on the side can drop keys to open the big chest in the middle and I believe the drop rate of those was increased. And that is annoying about the Wolves quests being gone since I missed one of those Grimoires and now can never get it!

Tip for Motes if you don't have anything to spend them on: Equip gear, even if you'll be breaking it down, although that mostly applies to legendary items, then highlight the Mote and hit square. Or whatever it is if you're on XBO. This is experience that goes towards 'leveling' a gun or armor. This is a much faster way to unlock perks than doing bounties if you have a bunch sitting around and ran out of bounties to do that day.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

You gotta be shitting me. I did all five of the Gunsmith Test Weapon thingies and it gets you to 1450/1500. How lame. They intentionally make you wait an additional week to order a gun just to get a measly 50 points. May as well make it 1499/1500 if they're going to troll their players.

Edit: At least you can dismantle the test guns after you finish.

I swear this game was designed by idiots, backed by a competent tech crew.

This would have been even more a pain in the ass but I found a nice spot to snipe Cabal Centurions.

Tried the Prison of Elders. Was challenging and got nothing for it. Guess you need a key.

I've got 78 Motes so far waiting for a decent weapon to power level it up with.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:You gotta be shitting me. I did all five of the Gunsmith Test Weapon thingies and it gets you to 1450/1500. How lame. They intentionally make you wait an additional week to order a gun just to get a measly 50 points. May as well make it 1499/1500 if they're going to troll their players.
There's always next week! Now that I think about it I'm not sure if you get a weapon when making level 1. Might just be some motes and coins. I can't remember though.
Winnow wrote:This would have been even more a pain in the ass but I found a nice spot to snipe Cabal Centurions.
The Centurion one was the one that took me the longest but I found a good spot on Mars. Trouble is when other people come around and mess you up. Some guy got angry at me because I was doing stuff (I was there first) and the enemies stopped spawning. So he was doing something far off with a sniper rifle and he started shooting at me and I was like "Oh no you didn't!" so I decided to just stay there and not left enemies spawn. Finally after about 10 minutes (stubborn!) he jumps down, comes all the way over to me on his Sparrow, jumps off and punches me then leaves. I laughed. I was camping that spawn, step off!
Winnow wrote:Tried the Prison of Elders. Was challenging and got nothing for it. Guess you need a key.
You only need a key for the big chest in the middle. You should still be able to open the two on the sides. I doubt the loot has been made Year 2 so not sure how useful it is doing those although I need to do more eventually as I need the faction to buy the ships Variks has.

Reddit is a decent place to find Destiny information. Well.. The information is there but it's hard to find it sometimes. For example here's a post about the Armsday for this week. I don't follow it that closely I just sit on the main page and refresh every once in awhile and check the topics on the first page.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:I have enough Coins for an Exotic this weekend from the trader guy so that will probably be my first. Hopefully this week he's trading Primary Weapons.
BTW the weapon engram Xur is selling today is for a Year 1 which is primarily for collectors who didn't manage to get all the Year 1 exotics. Just keep that in mind. Don't buy it and get mad! He does have the Hawkmoon (23 coins!) but I'm not a big hand cannon fan.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

NOTE: THIS IS ABSOLUTE PRIORITY. DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, DO ANYTHING WITH THE WEAPON ORDER PACKAGE IN YOUR INVENTORY. USING IT AS A CONSUMABLE DELETES IT AND YOU CAN NO LONGER OBTAIN THE WEAPON. GO IMMEDIATELY TO THE GUNSMITH AT THE TOWER!
That Reddit part is confusing. I deleted my weapons after getting my XP/rep with the Gunsmith. Looks like I could have still ordered a gun if I wasn't 50 points short.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:
NOTE: THIS IS ABSOLUTE PRIORITY. DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, DO ANYTHING WITH THE WEAPON ORDER PACKAGE IN YOUR INVENTORY. USING IT AS A CONSUMABLE DELETES IT AND YOU CAN NO LONGER OBTAIN THE WEAPON. GO IMMEDIATELY TO THE GUNSMITH AT THE TOWER!
That Reddit part is confusing. I deleted my weapons after getting my XP/rep with the Gunsmith. Looks like I could have still ordered a gun if I wasn't 50 points short.
The test weapons you can delete when you finish them. They mean once you place your order you get a package in your weapon inventory. Do not delete that until you have picked up the ordered weapon the following Wednesday.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
The test weapons you can delete when you finish them. They mean once you place your order you get a package in your weapon inventory. Do not delete that until you have picked up the ordered weapon the following Wednesday.
Ah,

New Xur stock for the weekend:

http://planetdestiny.com/worth-buying-hawkmoon/

I guess I'll get that Hand Cannon. Fits for the moment with my close combat/melee strategy.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

During the story missions for Cayde's Stash there is a part with a very annoying Taken Cabal that has probably killed everyone doing that mission. On one of my characters I was killed 3 times before finally making it in! Someone got payback!

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

I was just about to pull the trigger on a Light Beyond Nemesis for 125 legendary marks last night but decided to wait for Xur. Happy I did!

Now I get to use those to get my newly L40 titan closer to 280 light.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I did some of the raid Tuesday and last night. I'm not sure who thought we liked platforming in Destiny but there sure seems to be a lot of it there! Made it to Golgoroth on Tuesday but weren't able to take him down due to not having a good strategy. It was pretty easy last night though and got it on the third attempt. Then after much jumping, falling and dying we made it to the next event: the Daughters of Oryx. It was late (3am!) so only gave it a couple tries and didn't make it that far since the mechanics were new.

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Aslanna wrote:During the story missions for Cayde's Stash there is a part with a very annoying Taken Cabal that has probably killed everyone doing that mission. On one of my characters I was killed 3 times before finally making it in! Someone got payback!
haha, took me a couple jumps before I got past that asshole!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Reddit thread on why Hawkmoon weapon is good:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame ... moon_good/

Got it, haven't used it yet!

Going to grab and couple more coins and get another random primary weapon. Think 3 coins worth it? Wouldn't mind increasing chanced for exotic even if I'm not power killing a weak Ultra.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Keep in mind that the Exotic weapon engram is for a year 1 version.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Boogahz wrote:Keep in mind that the Exotic weapon engram is for a year 1 version.
What's the difference between the two? I like the perks on it. I maxed out my Hawkmoon last night and have been doing much better in PvP. The three "bonus damage" rounds are great. Only drawback is low ammo count but one of my armor pieces increases hand cannon ammo carried so that offsets it. I guess 13 rounds is the highest for any hand cannon as well.

I also switched back to solar grenades which have a bigger radius and longer DoT. I get a ton of Post Mortem kills in PvP when combined with Viking Funeral. I only switch to Fusion grenades for bosses in PvE.

Hawkmoon does fine in PvE, I'm going through the Taken King campaign using it but it doesn't kill multiple mobs fast. I noticed my kill count lower in 3 group Co-Op raids.

Need one more coin to get a random Exotic Primary weapon from Xur. Hopefully it will be something decent for PvE.

I should complete my Sunsinger's skill tree tonight, only Divine Order and Gift of Sun to go. Looking forward to the extra grenade. Would like to obtain Heart of the Praxic Fire chest armor or Starfire Protocol. How do you get Exotic Armor blueprints?
During the story missions for Cayde's Stash there is a part with a very annoying Taken Cabal that has probably killed everyone doing that mission. On one of my characters I was killed 3 times before finally making it in! Someone got payback!
Died once to him but I hit him with a solar grenade before getting pushed out. I guess with the DoT it was enough to kill him because he wasn't there my second try.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:
Boogahz wrote:Keep in mind that the Exotic weapon engram is for a year 1 version.
What's the difference between the two? I like the perks on it.
The difference is the attack. Year one caps at 170 and can not be infused higher. Year two from the exotic weapon kiosk thing is 280. However once you get the Year 1 version that unlocks the Year 2 version, if it exists, that you can buy for 150 legendary marks.
Winnow wrote:I maxed out my Hawkmoon last night
Unpossible. It takes weeks maybe even MONTHS to 'level' up a gun in Destiny.
Winnow wrote:Need one more coin to get a random Exotic Primary weapon from Xur. Hopefully it will be something decent for PvE.
At 170 attack? Doubtful.
Winnow wrote:Would like to obtain Heart of the Praxic Fire chest armor or Starfire Protocol. How do you get Exotic Armor blueprints?
You have to get them as drops first. Or obtain via Xur.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Good luck on heart of praxic fire. I tried to get that when I was playing, it was never for sale from Xur (pretty sure it was literally the only chest armor that he never sold), never got it as a drop. Hopefully it's easier to get now. Actually no, fuck you, I hope it never drops. Ever.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
Winnow wrote:
What's the difference between the two? I like the perks on it.
The difference is the attack. Year one caps at 170 and can not be infused higher. Year two from the exotic weapon kiosk thing is 280. However once you get the Year 1 version that unlocks the Year 2 version, if it exists, that you can buy for 150 legendary marks.

Not sure what you people are smoking! It's 280 Attack straight off Xur. Check Xur youself! (nm see below)

Booger, do you mean if I buy the random primary it's year one? Why would they charge a 31 coins for pretty much non usable item?

Edit: I see now that the engram says "legacy engram". Would have been a waste of 31 coins! Maybe I'll try the three coins. It says they stack. Should I just pop one and play the game as normal and whn I run into an Ultra I have a higher chance of Exotic. It doesn't say what percentage chance and how much stacking them increases the chances.
Last edited by Winnow on September 26, 2015, 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Funkmasterr wrote:Good luck on heart of praxic fire. I tried to get that when I was playing, it was never for sale from Xur (pretty sure it was literally the only chest armor that he never sold), never got it as a drop. Hopefully it's easier to get now. Actually no, fuck you, I hope it never drops. Ever.
The Heart of Praxic Fire is in the Exotic Blueprint thingy. Can you only get that if you already have it? (says requires discovery) The only thing it says I'm missing is an Exotic Shard but I could buy something off Xur for 13 coins and dismantle it for the shard.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

The easiest way to accomplish this is through one of the story missions. In this case, Eye of the Gate Lord in the Waking Ruins. The reason this mission was chosen in the video, is that it extremely easy to get to the boss and drive past a lot of the quests.

You will obviously have to stop off at the pillar in the beginning, deploy your Ghost, drive all the way through, take out the Hydra, run up to the boss, and that’s pretty much it. Each time you go through it will only take you between two and three minutes to get to the boss.

Before you trigger the boss when stepping in the ring, open up your inventory, use your Three of Coins, and then go kill the boss.

As soon as he is defeated, look on the floor to see if he has dropped an Exotic Engram. If he hasn’t, pull out your Ghost and go back to
orbit and then load back into the mission. If you go back into orbit before the countdown timer the next time you go into the mission you will spawn right at the boss

You can then open another Three of Coins, walk into the ring, kill him again, and check for an Exotic drop.
Found the above guide for easy Ultra hunting. It works (the boss reset thing) but you have to be pretty fast to orbit after killing boss if it doesn't drop exotic. This is really fast Ultra hunting if using 3 coins. Can do it on easy mode (level 12 I think)

On my fifth try he dropped exotic primary weapon engram. Turned out to be a 290 attack "The Last Word" Hand Cannon. Not what I need since I have Hawkmoon but will be able to get a shard out of later at least! I can take out the boss using Hawkmoon with two full cycles of 13 rounds, so just one reload. The 3 30% bonus damage rounds help.

Can you use 3 coins even when Xur isn't out (if you've already bought them?) If so I may do other things to get coins, load up on coins at end of Weekend and then farm Exotics during the week.