Destiny

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Destiny

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:Good luck on heart of praxic fire. I tried to get that when I was playing, it was never for sale from Xur (pretty sure it was literally the only chest armor that he never sold), never got it as a drop.
Oh hey. Guess what Xur is selling today? Again.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Hey, twice in a year and a half! That's totally reasonable! Xur can go fuck himself.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Dude. His will is not his own.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Edit: I see now that the engram says "legacy engram". Would have been a waste of 31 coins! Maybe I'll try the three coins. It says they stack. Should I just pop one and play the game as normal and whn I run into an Ultra I have a higher chance of Exotic. It doesn't say what percentage chance and how much stacking them increases the chances.
These were made mostly for the collectors who were not able to get the Year 1 versions as drops and they still want to get them all.

As far as ToC goes, I don't think they stack in the way you would think stacking works. If you use one, get nothing, then use another it 'stacks' in the background. But if you use three all at once I don't think it gives you a better chance. That's my understanding,anyway. Could be wrong!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Wow only 13 Strange Coins for the Heart of the Praxic Fire. I might get two so I can hang one on the wall in my Space Station Quarters!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Winnow wrote:Wow only 13 Strange Coins for the Heart of the Praxic Fire. I might get two so I can hang one on the wall in my Space Station Quarters!
Or you could shove the second one up your ass!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Funkmasterr wrote:
Winnow wrote:Wow only 13 Strange Coins for the Heart of the Praxic Fire. I might get two so I can hang one on the wall in my Space Station Quarters!
Or you could shove the second one up your ass!
If that gets me an extra grenade I will!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Or... Break it down for an exotic shard since Xur no longer sells those. I doubt you'll be needing those for awhile though.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Seems like maybe spending coins on Exotic Helmets might give a decent chance at a helm I can use. If not, might be good helm for another class I eventually start up.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Doing that can also give you a 290 helm....at least that's how I got the one I have been using
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I bought the Nighthawk helm from Xur because the 6XGolden Gun ability basically One-Shots almost any boss in the game or nearly one shots them. I planned to melt it for the shard and then use the shard to get the better version of the helm at the Kiosk. Turns out I cant access other class blueprints as a Warlock. I created a Hunter and can now see the Nighthawk blueprint at the kiosk but my newb Hunter doesn't have 2500 glimmer (thought that would be shared between characters...lame!). My questions is, will I be able to buy the kiosk Nighthawk Helm to place in my warehouse once I get the glimmer (I have the shard) or am I going to have to be level 40 on my Hunter before I can do it? The stats are better on the kiosk helm and I haven't been able to tell when of if Kiosk rolls update.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:I created a Hunter and can now see the Nighthawk blueprint at the kiosk but my newb Hunter doesn't have 2500 glimmer (thought that would be shared between characters...lame!).
It is shared. Doesn't it also cost an exotic shard? Maybe that's what you were missing.
Winnow wrote:My questions is, will I be able to buy the kiosk Nighthawk Helm to place in my warehouse once I get the glimmer (I have the shard) or am I going to have to be level 40 on my Hunter before I can do it? The stats are better on the kiosk helm and I haven't been able to tell when of if Kiosk rolls update.
Year 2 exotics require level 30. It should state that on the item.

Word is that the ipad items stay constant. At least they have been thus far.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Took awhile to reply (dealing with multiple loading screens) Switching back and forth between characters is absolutely grueling in Destiny. (Marvel Heroes takes about 10 seconds to switch between any of about 50 characters with full stats and inventories)

It would be nice if you could choose to default load a character to the Tower instead of space since there's an excellent chance when first logging on you will be picking up bounties etc. Just make it a choice! Would save on those really long load times.

Destiny doesn't consider things in your warehouse to be in your possession like most new games do to (saves time and hassle!). I was able to get the helm after putting the exotic shard into my character's inventory so am good to go once I level up the Hunter.

Took 8 coins to get my first farmed exotic this time. It was chest and I thought for sure it would be a Paxic since I just got one but it turned out to be a Voidfang instead and I actually like it better even though I'm a sunsinger. Spawning/reviving with full grenade is great. Too bad they nerfed Sunsginers from spawning with 2 grenades but still good.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Does the game even try to match equal level players?

I was level 6, 27 light...twenty-seven... and it matched me with two 280+ level 40's in the crucible. All I could do was run around trying not to die. Worst match making algorithm in the history of online games! And of course, I'm only doing it for bounties which everyone else does as well. Sucks for the other people on my team that lost.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Crucible normalizes the players. Levels don't mean anything in there unless an iron banner event is going on.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Does the game even try to match equal level players?
In normal modes? No, because that doesn't matter. For one thing it would be exploitable. Someone keeps their newbie gear, starts up a match then puts on their 300+ light gear once the match starts.
Winnow wrote:Worst match making algorithm in the history of online games!
User error. Or lack of understanding.
Winnow wrote:And of course, I'm only doing it for bounties which everyone else does as well. Sucks for the other people on my team that lost.
I did a Skirmish match last night. My team destroyed the other three people. Two people on my team had 10 kills each. I had zero. Zero!
Winnow wrote:Took awhile to reply (dealing with multiple loading screens) Switching back and forth between characters is absolutely grueling in Destiny. (Marvel Heroes takes about 10 seconds to switch between any of about 50 characters with full stats and inventories)
If you are going to start playing other characters then something like Destiny Item Manager or Tower Ghost for Destiny (my favorite!) are pretty much essential. The inventory management system within the game is pretty bad. For example I want 1 exotic shard from my stack of 50. No way to do that in the game other than pull them all out, spend one, then put the rest back.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Animalor wrote:Crucible normalizes the players. Levels don't mean anything in there unless an iron banner event is going on.

Hmmm, so all of those high level perks mean nothing in the crucible? My perks seem to work just fine with my level 40 character. Thing is, A level 6 player in white gear has zero perks compared to probably 30 perks on top of all the skills for higher level players.

Normalized my ass.

If they're going to attempt to "normalize" then they need to base it on skills earned. I had three skills unlocked...so 3 skills, zero weapon/armor perks vs 30 skills, 30+ perks is normalized? Sure, maybe weapon damage is. But white men can't jump when you don't even have anything more than the basic jump unlocked.

Either base it on class skills earned or lock equipment before the match starts which locks light level/perks. Not too hard...just another bad game design by the Destiny team with an easy fix other game design teams with 1/100th of the budget would have figured out day one.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Annnnd we're back.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote: I did a Skirmish match last night. My team destroyed the other three people. Two people on my team had 10 kills each. I had zero. Zero!
It was probably me on the other team with my all level 4, white armor set with 3 skills!
Aslanna wrote:If you are going to start playing other characters then something like Destiny Item Manager or Tower Ghost for Destiny (my favorite!) are pretty much essential. The inventory management system within the game is pretty bad. For example I want 1 exotic shard from my stack of 50. No way to do that in the game other than pull them all out, spend one, then put the rest back.
I'll give those a try but that doesn't prevent the extremely long time to switch between characters for something as simple as moving shard from character inventory to warehouse, to other character, load screen, extra space shit load screen, load screen, extra space ship load screen, load time again to to go character swap. Wow. It's really really bad. Being used to it doesn't make it good. It's horrible compared to other games on the market.

If the offline inventory app allows you to move inventory directly between characters than that helps. I'll give it a shot.

Hunter sucks (for me). Too weak in melee. I started up a Titan with the intention of using the Sunbreaker subclass. I'm now getting a look first hand at how bad the 1-25 level grind is as I don't get to pop a pill and be 25 like my first character. Pretty much 1-39 is a waste of time in this game, piled on top of the loading time, it's quite a drawback to the game. All that matters is level 40 and light level. No one wants to put points/glimmer/materials into any weapon lower than 40. With the campaign being so bad anyway pre Taken expansion, they should probably give the option for all characters to start at 25 (or 40 if you spend some glimmer/legendary points/motes/whatever) It's not like you're missing anything.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:I'll give those a try but that doesn't prevent the extremely long time to switch between characters for something as simple as moving shard from character inventory to warehouse, to other character, load screen, extra space shit load screen, load screen, extra space ship load screen, load time again to to go character swap. Wow. It's really really bad. Being used to it doesn't make it good. It's horrible compared to other games on the market.
It does since you don't have to do any of that. You can transfer items from one character to another, to the vault, from the vault, etc without even being logged on.

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Aslanna wrote:
Winnow wrote:I'll give those a try but that doesn't prevent the extremely long time to switch between characters for something as simple as moving shard from character inventory to warehouse, to other character, load screen, extra space shit load screen, load screen, extra space ship load screen, load time again to to go character swap. Wow. It's really really bad. Being used to it doesn't make it good. It's horrible compared to other games on the market.
It does since you don't have to do any of that. You can transfer items from one character to another, to the vault, from the vault, etc without even being logged on.
Yeah, you can move everything to-and-from characters and vaultspace through the apps, as well as a couple webapps I think. I rarely move things in-game. I just use the Destiny app on my phone. I can even do it while on a *gasp* loading screen.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Boogahz wrote: I can even do it while on a *gasp* loading screen.
Maybe they should let you switch between zones in the app as well so can avoid the useless Space Ship screen!

Tower Ghost looks solid and useful.

Seriously "go to orbit" should have option right beside it for "go to Tower". Come on now. They know that's pure wasted time and leave it in there anyway.* They'll probably add that feature for "year 3", charge 40.00 and make a big deal about it.

*poor UI/game design
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Destiny isn't the only game guilty of that. You shouldn't have to use an app for something that should be in the game (transferring items, putting together raids, etc).

That shit needs to come to an abrupt halt.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Funkmasterr wrote:Destiny isn't the only game guilty of that. You shouldn't have to use an app for something that should be in the game (transferring items, putting together raids, etc).

That shit needs to come to an abrupt halt.
Well, the app is a convenience...not a requirement.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

If they can build a much quicker way to do those things with an app, they can put that in the game, there's no excuse.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Good thing you're no longer playing it then. However you can do everything in the game. It's just more convenient using something like Destiny Item Manager.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I worked on my exotic sword (arc) quest tonight. Got up to the part where you have to wait for Armsday. It wasn't too bad but getting 25 kills in PVP with the sword wasn't the greatest fun. And then getting the 10 legendary things, along with all the arc ability kills, from gathering materials probably took like 2.5 hours. However I have to say that Perpetual Charge on Stormcallers is pretty nice. Throw a grenade and kill some enemies and your melee is charged. Charge melee a weak mob and kill it and your grenade is now charged. That along with using the super whenever it was up meant I didn't really have to grind out the ability kills separately as I was out collecting spinmetal anyway.

And I did it all without needing an "external app"!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

All day...all night!

Anyone have an animated version of this? I really miss it when I'm not playing Destiny!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Destiny is getting microtransactions. Unlike item cool-downs or the obnoxious stuff that's intrinsic to all those Facebook distractions that clog up your news feed, however, these purchases aren't game-impacting. No, come October 13th they'll take the form of emotes and other cosmetic items. Developer Bungie stresses repeatedly that these will not impact your performance in any way should you not buy them. "You won't lose a Crucible (adversarial multiplayer) encounter or fail to clear a raid because you didn't have the right" emote equipped, the blog post says.

What's more, the former Halo-house is giving everyone some free silver -- the new in-game currency used for microtransactions -- to see what's what. Bungie says that there's going to be more of an emphasis on world events and feature requests moving forward as well. What's more, Kotaku's sources say that instead of focusing on expansion packs like the developers previously have with "House of Wolves" and the recently launched "The Taken King," we should expect to see more quests and missions doled out for free, with Destiny 2 (not 2.0) launching next fall. Those free updates should happen "every few months."
Hmmm....microtransactions!

What's this Destiny 2 launching next fall? What's different?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Hmmm....microtransactions!
Optional. And supposedly pays for extra content throughout the year. So I'm ok with it. If they start putting actual items in there though.. I'm out!
Winnow wrote:What's this Destiny 2 launching next fall? What's different?
Hopefully them ditching last-gen consoles. And hopefully our characters transferring over. If it's start all over from scratch not sure how on-board I will be with that. That's a lot of time investment just to start over again.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Finished my Touch of Malice quest. Super annoying that those calcified fragments are per character and not account. So if you play multiple characters you don't know which ones you've already picked up.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Now for Destiny 2.0, this will be a completely new game. It is titled currently as "Destiny 2 - The Shattered Suns" and is planned for release on September of 2016. You will still be using your current characters. It will focus heavily on Osiris and his endeavors as he is the main quest giver in the game. A new form of enemy is said to be in development, Possibly Ahamkara? Couldn't get a straight answer from anyone on that.

Mercury is also supposed to be a big player in "Destiny 2 - The Shattered Suns". The main area in which the guardian will explore. Bungie has also hired on Hollywood writers for the story of this game as well.
Mercury!
There is not going to be trading implemented into the game ever. Stated,"Activision got sent a letter regarding what not to do on a mmorpg from Blizzard, and trading was on that list".
Trading shouldn't be in the game. As long as I can still transfer items between characters I'm fine with that.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote: Trading shouldn't be in the game. As long as I can still transfer items between characters I'm fine with that.
I agree with the no trading.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah, disagree. Just because they can't properly design the game let alone regulate the economy of it, doesn't mean it's an inherently bad idea. I think they're just worried the gold farmers would make more money off the economy than them, and excuse me if I don't feel bad for them there.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:Yeah, disagree. Just because they can't properly design the game let alone regulate the economy of it, doesn't mean it's an inherently bad idea. I think they're just worried the gold farmers would make more money off the economy than them, and excuse me if I don't feel bad for them there.
Well Blizzard is the one who (supposedly) told them not to implement trading so I guess they don't know how to do it either.

Destiny doesn't need an "economy" and it wouldn't even make sense in a game like this. You can trade items freely between your characters. There is ZERO reason to be able to trade items with others. Other than being lazy bones.

And the game was designed just fine. Sure some rough edges from the beginning but that was their first attempt. Things have only gotten better since then. And I'm not sure how you can even comment on the current state of the game when you haven't played it in months but whatever!

Destiny's Sleeper Simulant Quest Has Begun--And It's Awesome. Awesome! Get questing people! Oh and don't read that if you want to figure out things for yourself. A few spoilers in there.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Nightfall Rewards can be underwhelming. Runes/low # of coins/no reputation burst/weak legendaries all feel like losing. We're gonna fix it
— Luke Smith (@thislukesmith) October 14, 2015
Good. That's one of the things I feel like TKK did wrong. The Nightfalls are now pointless to do for the effort involved.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Drops nerfed in last patch. Lame! Looks like they're getting ready to crank up the microtransactions big time in the future. Their economy nerfs only encourage people to stop playing. Increasing the grind helps absolutely nothing. These clowns charge for basic emotes that other games have 100's of for free.

Picked up my Gunsmith order today after hitting Rank 3. It sure was fun using crappy Gunsmith guns leveling up those ranks! Here' take this crap-ass gun and go get precision shots with it! (translation, go waste a bunch of time)

This game has been ok to play every couple days but if they nerfed Strange coin drops, probably less likely to play. There's a major lack if imagination going on with Destiny. The mechanics of the game are all that would be considered positive. Story, art, dialogue, leveling are crappy. Game is repetitive. Bounties...go to the same fucking zones, do the same fucking bounties over and over and over. Weeeee.

Glad there are some decent games coming out in less than a month.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Me too. Maybe they will keep you out of this thread!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

If only Destiny had a compelling story. It would help quite a bit.

I've been using my bounties to work my way up in the Stormcaller subclass. Going to max it out first before I switch over and gtry it. Little over halfway there. Working on a melee build based on the Stormcaller that should fit my playstyle. Picked up the Claws of Ahamkara last week since the additional melee charge helps all subclasses. 2/melee charge 2/grenade attacks works nice with Sunsinger while I wait.

Also liking the Zarinaea-D Autorifle I got off Gunsmith this week (Increased stability, counterbalance, rifle barrel) Makes for a nice extended range/stable autorifle. GA Post (agile gun sights) nice as well as the zoom doesn't distract too much and the gun sight someone else described as "sticky". I'm guessing that means locks onto targets easier. Combined it's a stable high rate of fire autorifle you can use at range.

I've also got like 30 or so blue/purple engrams in my warehouse. Plan to play the armor swap game with the crypto guy to get my light level up soon using those.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I had fun in Destiny today. Spent a lot of time in the Hull Breach area getting my Sword quest done and working on a level 3 gunsmith quest. Started playing the Stormcaller subclass.

Destiny has it's moments but, not to drive home a point or anything, HALO 5 clearly shows what a high production game should look like, especially one with a bazillion dollars behind it like both Destiny and HALO 5 have:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1wTeYZ3xg4

1080P/60FPS and looks great.

Solid cut scenes, unique landscapes, special effects, details in the guns, UI, etc. There's more voice acting in these 25 live action minutes than Destiny has in it's entire game it feels like.

Destiny deserves all of the criticism it gets when it comes to story, art, etc. The combat is solid but for the kind of money thrown at this game, it's so lacking everywhere else. It looks like they made improvements with the Taken expansion but it's nowhere close to what it should be.

Funny that Nathon Fillion is in both of these games but you at least get to see his face in HALO.

Don't plan on getting HALO 5. Destiny, along with other games, will be enough until:

Nov 10th Tomb Raider (Xbox exclusive on the heals of HALO 5 Xbox One exclusive)
Nov 10th Fallout IV
Nov 17th Star Wars: Battlefront

Tomb Raider has the balls to come out the same day as Fallout IV while Uncharted is delayed to try and get a couple more copies sold. Tomb Raider proved it could sell over time last release. Personally, I would have released it either a week before or after Fallout IV.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Grats on another totally pointless post.

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Think he's had around 26k of them. So much practice!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:Grats on another totally pointless post.
Of which you make plenty like the post above this.

Point is posting about experiences in the topic game, comparing it to other games, etc. If the thread is about patch notes, the topic should say so. Those are easy to cut and paste.

I realize the daily post count on VV is insane. I must have super human capabilities that mortal readers don't. I'm able to ignore parts of posts if I've addressed them in the past and comment on parts that may be of interest or not post about them at all.

If the game totally sucked I wouldn't be playing it. Suggestions for improvements on the bad design parts help to possibly look for improvements or games that don't have these design flaws if the team behind Bungie can't fix things or hire more create people to help their technical design team.

Suggestion of the day:

Make space ships actually mean something. Maybe make the load screens even longer and then when you find a rare ship it cuts a few seconds off the load time. Maybe microtransaction a Space-Time continuum portal you can buy that allows you to completely skip the space ship screen and skip tons of wasted load screen time. I'd pay for it, even though it's an artificial perk. The time wasted loading and double picking destination points, with more artificial "laumching in x seconds" times has got to be worth a decent amount of money. I guarantee you people would pay for it more than a stupid emote for $5.00.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I accidentally deleted 13 Court of Oryx coins. Woops!

I received a few more so decided to check out the Court thingy. Seems cool as long as there are people there to help out. I like that it's first come first serve so sometimes no one knows who was able to activate the court (may help with other guardians assisting when it's not their turn).

I hung out there and helped with about 15 or so trials including two of my own. Seems like I get a blue drop half the time which is a pretty good rate even if it's not my own coin being used.

I'm at 285 Light so feel like I'm helping a little now when I do these things. Not 100% sold yet on Stormcaller over Sunsinger yet but I haven't unlocked the final row of skills so it's too early to tell accurately. Zapping people is fun though.

Currently picking up calcified thingies for some quest. Tried the 260 Heroic Quest but people just quit once the event loads up...which is another problem with the game. 260 light doesn't really mean 260. It means 300+ or people quit on you with no penalty which equals more wasted loading times.

On the flip side, I've had some fun experiences on strikes with other guardians that don't seem to care if I suck or can't kill my share due to level. Heroic quests seem to be the event that's flawed.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Currently picking up calcified thingies for some quest.
Touch of Malice. For your own sanity you'll want to do this all (collecting calcified fragments) on one character first. You can check your progress here. You'll also need to complete the raid for the final part. Overall the gun isn't terribly great (imo) however on the raid it makes certain encounters, such as Daughters of Oryx, cake assuming people have the mechanics down.
Winnow wrote:Tried the 260 Heroic Quest but people just quit once the event loads up...which is another problem with the game. 260 light doesn't really mean 260. It means 300+ or people quit on you with no penalty which equals more wasted loading times.
It probably wasn't you it was probably that particular strike. Some people just bail on certain strikes because they, the strikes (and the bailers), suck. I think Echo Chamber is one that a lot of people quit out of.

There should be some sort of penalty for leaving as soon as a strike starts. This used to leave you pretty much on your own but from what I saw on Reddit it sounds like these empty spots are now getting filled faster. I don't run heroic strikes so I can't says I've encountered that myself.

Best thing to do though is be on the lookout for a clan. Or check out the reddit fireteams thing? I'm not sure what that is all about but I see it referenced often.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

This is a historic day. First time ever I killed more guardians than deaths in the crucible. Got 13 kills with 1.08 K/D ratio. Don't think it will ever happen again!

Spent a lot of time in the Court of Oryx. Pretty fun.

I have an Antiquated Rune that summons Crota and I've tried it 4 times and the people that were there weren't enough and we failed. I like that you keep your Rune if you lose. I'll try it again when it looks like there's enough high level peeps around. I'm at about 290 Light now.

Got a Red Spectre Auto Rifle that I like Slightly better than my Zarinaea_D due to it's high impact for Auto Rifle but it's range is lower so can't use it as an all purpose weapon. It destroys stuff up close though. Noticed an improvement in PvP. (see first line of post!)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Hmm so am I going to be stuck under 300 Light unless I raid? Does 300+ gear drop anywhere a Solo or "Match making" player can obtain it?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Hmm so am I going to be stuck under 300 Light unless I raid? Does 300+ gear drop anywhere a Solo or "Match making" player can obtain it?
300 blues drop very rarely. But yes. At the moment to get 300+ you need raid drops. Although doing a nightfall today someone got a 307 legendary chest item but I'm not sure how common things like that will be. I did the Nightfall 3 times and got crap 3 times although did get a 304 primary that I infused into something else so not a total loss I guess.

To answer your question: No. If you could get 300+ gear outside the raid there wouldn't be much point in doing the raid more than once. No different than any other RPG/MMO with end-game content.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Hmmm, Switched from Red Spectre Auto Rifle to, Dead Orbit Hung Jury Scout Rifle and am liking it. Has almost 100% stability. Headshots galore combined with Firefly precision shot explosions is fun.

I just need to dismantle another legendary Scout Rifle and I'll have my Tlalok Exotic Warlock Scout Rifle. I tend to not use my Super much so the Tlalok's added bonuses while Super is fully charged will be useful for me. Going to see how it goes with both Stormcaller and Sunsinger. Either way, I'll spec to be a grenade/melee machine.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

It's taking forever to level up Stormcaller. Weapons are a breeze to max out but XP for abilities creeps along. 2.5 more circle thingies to go to max the subclass.

Tlalok Scout Rifle for Warlocks is awesome. As long as you have a decent Special Weapon to use initially while your Super charges, the Tlalok is great in both PvE and PvP afterwards. Kind of fits in well with the whole "wait to do anything" theme of Destiny. Just make sure before you afk, you tough it through the space ship loading screens and then afk at the destination so your Super can charge while you go do something else for another 5 mins. Good times! Here's an idea, why not have super ready to begin with. Nah, that would save players ass loads of time. Working as intended!

My second Exotic body armor engram from Xur was an Alchemist's Raiment. I wasted two exotic shards on needles trying to swap out the Int for Str or Disc until I found an article that said it's not possible. Thanks Bungie. Fantastic that you have twist of fate and don't tell anyone to not bother or at least let them know the possibilities. Great way to get some shards out of circulation. Yet another poor design choice to add to the pile.

I place in the middle of my crucible matches now and definitely contribute in matchmaking multiplayer events. Tlalok is great. Problem now is making disc/str and getting rid of Int. Shame about the Alchemist stat issues with Int.