Dead Rising 3

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Dead Rising 3

Post by Winnow »

Having fun killing masses of zombies.

I finally got my first safe house setup before I logged off last night. (Don't ignore the motel/paint can quest)

The weapons are varied and fun. There's a lot to explore and discover. This is a game where you can blow right through a lot of it and miss a ton of stuff. The only thing I did wrong in the beginning was blast through a crapload of zombies and reached the first (Biker) boss way before I was ready. That was frustrating. I went back to the previous chapter and worked my way up some levels and got a little more health, etc.

Here's another clip of me wielding a sword:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=5 ... deo%2c.mp4

I gave the NPC Rhonda a guitar for a weapon. At the end of the clip, she makes sure the zombie is dead! Like the sword. I picked up a Kantana right after this. Some of the low level weapons and objects used as weapons break pretty often so it's a good idea to have a few weapons on you at all times.

Dead Rising makes use of kinect to shake off zombies that have grabbed you. It works well and I used it over the controller command. It also does a good job utilizing voice commands. For simple stuff like dropping whatever is in your hand, you just say "drop that". You pick up a ton of stuff so that's a nice command to have readily available. The menus an also be controlled by voice instead of D-Padding all over you can just say the name of the menu if you want.

Taking the time to explore the insides of buildings is rewarding as well for blueprints and better weapons.

The Night/Day cycle is really long. I don't know if it's real time or not 12/12 hours but it's long.

Make sure you give your NPCs some decent weapons.

I keep an eye on what Capcom does. Dragons Dogma was a great game as well.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Dead Rising 3

Post by kyoukan »

Xbox One hacked already? Or is Dead Rising 3 free to play? I thought it cost money to buy.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Some random player dropped in on my DR3 game. They gave me a Z.A.R. weapon which is one of the Super Combo weapons and now I can build it myself without having found the blueprints. So if you have someone in your game that has a nice weapon that you don't have. have them drop it, pick it up, and then you can give it back if you want, then you can make it again anytime you're at your weapon's locker.

Give your NPCs Z.A.Rs.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

This has the least impressive next gen graphics I have seen, but DR was never really known to be a showboat in the graphics department. The game is chuck full of Dead Rising jank, but that's one of the reasons I like these games. It's a lot of fun to play.

While up close the zombie image quality takes a hit, the sheer amount of zombies on screen more than makes up for it. It's actually pretty intimidating!

I haven't played much, so I'm still fumbling with the control scheme a bit, but I like what I've played a great deal.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fairweather Pure wrote:This has the least impressive next gen graphics I have seen, but DR was never really known to be a showboat in the graphics department. The game is chuck full of Dead Rising jank, but that's one of the reasons I like these games. It's a lot of fun to play.

While up close the zombie image quality takes a hit, the sheer amount of zombies on screen more than makes up for it. It's actually pretty intimidating!

I haven't played much, so I'm still fumbling with the control scheme a bit, but I like what I've played a great deal.
Yeah, besides the massive amounts of zombies, the game could have been on last gen systems, but it's that massive zombie count that makes it fun.

Wait until you get one of the armored cars that can blast through waves and waves of zombies. It's even better if you have another person manning a turret on top. There's so many zombies a smaller car can get bogged down hitting too many of them so you need to find little areas with less zombies to get back up to ramming speed. At the same time you shake off zombies trying to grab you through the window. Kinect works great for that.

I'm in chapter two. It's been great so far. The number of ways you can kill zombies keeps it entertaining.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I think I can officially name this as my favorite launch game. It's so hard to put down. It built upon, expands, and improves virtually every aspect of the previous Dead Rising games. The "Next Gen" tech shines in the amount of mayhem displayed on screen at any given time. It's pretty easy so far, but that's just fine with me. I maxxed the skill tree that gives extra PP and I'm cruising through the levels now. I think I'm only lvl 13-14, but I'm now going back and filling the life, melee, and inventory trees. The weapons are plentiful, varied, and every single one of them is a blast to use. I could ride around in vehicles all day long. It's just an amazingly fun game.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I finished the game the other day and now I'm doing a second play through to get all the blueprints I missed and other collectibles. I can't think of another game where I did this.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Has anyone played the DLC? Opionions? Is it worth it?
Syenye
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: asian tempest

Post by Syenye »

I bought the season pass. They were only about 2-2.5 hours each, so I expect it to be around 10 hours for all 4 packs. It's a terrible value at cost per hour, but it was pretty fun, and I liked the tie in to the main story line. The second one is a little buggy though.