What Systems/Launch Games Are You Getting?

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

What Systems/Launch Games Are You Getting?

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I'm getting this on Nov 15th:

PS4 + extra controller

Killzone: Shadowfall
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Assassins Creed: Black Flag
Resogun (Free via PSN)
Contrast (Free via PSN)

I'll get the PS camera when they give me a good reason, but I'm skipping it at launch. Those games will keep me busy for the duration, but I'll likely pick up Need For Speed: Rivals the following week and Injustice: Gods Among Us for a fighting game I never bought this gen. The Target Buy 2 Get 1 Free deal may even impulse buy me Knack.

I know the above list is rock solid though. I have plenty of back log to play on my old systems too. Like, an embarrassing amount. I'm seriously going to try and plow through my launch titles and never get far behind like I did this gen, but honeslty, it only takes a couple of really good sales to start the back log again!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: What Systems/Launch Games Are You Getting?

Post by Aslanna »

Three first person shooters.. That seems a bit excessive!

I was just planning on Knack for now but might visit Target during the buy 2 get 1 free thing. If so might get AC4/Knack and Killzone as the 'freebie' if all those happen to be in stock.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I plow through FPS games. It's one of my favorite genres.

Knack will be the first launch title in the cheapie bin, mark my words! I'll get it then.

My good friend is getting both the xbone and ps4 at launch, but no games. I don't understand why he is buying them without being excited about any of the launch titles for either. If I was getting an xbone at launch, I would get Dead Rising 3, Ryse, and all the characters for KI. All 3 of those look solid. Maybe they'll be on the cheap by the time I get my xbone!
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

I'm still on the fence on buying day1/week1...since my play time is way down. But if I do venture out prior to the new year for a console, it will be PS4. Killzone is a definite. Those games have always been fun to me. Would probably just grab stuff off PSN after that until something else came out. AC Black Flag if I don't already have it for 360/ps3 by then.

Funny thing is, I feel just like every year, ACBF will be $35 thanksgiving week. Doesn't best buy always have the latest AssCreed for $35 at thanksgiving? If memory serves, I've bought the latest fall AssCreed for $35 the last 3 years straight.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Kluden wrote:I'm still on the fence on buying day1/week1...since my play time is way down. But if I do venture out prior to the new year for a console, it will be PS4. Killzone is a definite. Those games have always been fun to me. Would probably just grab stuff off PSN after that until something else came out. AC Black Flag if I don't already have it for 360/ps3 by then.

Funny thing is, I feel just like every year, ACBF will be $35 thanksgiving week. Doesn't best buy always have the latest AssCreed for $35 at thanksgiving? If memory serves, I've bought the latest fall AssCreed for $35 the last 3 years straight.
Yeah, the AC games always seem to go on some sale or another quick. I'll wait for that, because I'm broke, and I haven't finished the last one yet.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Kluden wrote:Funny thing is, I feel just like every year, ACBF will be $35 thanksgiving week. Doesn't best buy always have the latest AssCreed for $35 at thanksgiving? If memory serves, I've bought the latest fall AssCreed for $35 the last 3 years straight.
That's my main hesitation in buying AC4 at launch. Typically Ubisoft games drop pretty sharply on price I'm just not sure if that will be the same with the new consoles at least initially. I would mostly throw it in just because there's not really anything else that interests me. Luckily I don't have a lot of time for gaming these days anyway.

Oh and as far as systems go: PS4 all the way. I have no interest in the XBO. Not now. Not ever!

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Aslanna wrote:Oh and as far as systems go: PS4 all the way. I have no interest in the XBO. Not now. Not ever!
Be sure to save your uninformed friends from the Xbone too!

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Already paid for both consoles back in June and will most likely pick them up on their launch days. I don't see a real reason to rush out and buy them though for those on a budget or whiny people that want to read all the negative crap after they're released and claim they made the right choice by waiting. Both consoles will have issues except Microsoft has BILLIONs to throw at any issues that surface while Sony may be close to bankrupt, trying to save their plummeting stock while losing money on every PS4 sold.

With the PS4, I may head over around 2am after the 10pm fanbois crowd gets their consoles at 12 midnight and clear out. I'll then head back home and go to sleep, wake up later and check the brick reports. If by some miracle PS4's aren't bricking left and right, I'll download the update. I plan to stick the ps4 penis controller up my ass and take a selfie.

With the Xbox One, which is much more interesting as a day one console, I'll probably do the same 2am trip to Best Buy and then fuck around with it when I get home. No plans to buy games on physical media so I'll download a few Xbox One games later that day. It would be nice if there was a digital version of the 3 for 2 sale Target is offering. I guess they're giving you an extra game for the inconvenience of having to stick a blu ray disk in your console every time you play a game...thanks to morons. You know who you are.

For launch day, the PS4 lineup is a laugher. Killzone is a retread game and it's only benefit will be showing off the improved graphics on the new console (see PC games if you want to wait). Ryse and Dead Rising 3 will actually be worth playing for the Xbox One when its released.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Weird. I'd figure the first thing you'd do when you got your XBO home was to put in an audio CD.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:Weird. I'd figure the first thing you'd do when you got your XBO home was to put in an audio CD.
That would be the PS4 if it supported it. The Xbox One actually has some decent launch titles to play.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

NFS: Rivals has been announced as a PS4 launch day title. I'll be getting that!

CoD Ghosts
BF4
Killzone 4

AC4
NFS Rivals
Knack or Injustice

6 launch games for $240 thanks to Target's Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale. Not bad at all! 3 FPS, 1 open world, an arcade racing game, and a fighting game is a nice variety.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

I just re-pre-ordered a Xbox One. It won't be a launch day order but will be part of the 2nd wave at one of the EB's near my office.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Animalor wrote:I just re-pre-ordered a Xbox One. It won't be a launch day order but will be part of the 2nd wave at one of the EB's near my office.
Good choice!
Niffoni
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Niffoni »

Watching the launches carefully to see how some of the functionality goes. In particular, I'd like to see how well remote play works on PS4, and what kind of media streaming options will be available outside of the US on both systems.

Honestly speaking, I'm pretty much a lock for PS4 in the long term, mostly so that I can get the esoteric and unusual stuff that comes out of Japan, but of course that means that launch holds nothing of interest to me, since I primarily game on PC. I'll have another look in spring or summer, and that's when I'll likely jump in, unless Sony completely shits the bed. As for XBone, it's a sexy little set top, but there's no functionality, or announced piece of software that I can't do on hardware that I already own. Of course, who knows, I may end up owning both before 2015 if there are some interesting exclusives.
Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. - Douglas Adams
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

I bought a PS3 last month, so I won't be purchasing a PS4 anytime soon.

The Xbox One doesn't interest me.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Was up really early this morning and figured I would try my luck at going to an early opening at a store that had guaranteed unreserved consoles.

Got there 90 minutes before opening and was the 3rd in line.

Walked out with one of 4 extra Day One Editions they had!
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

I just realised something yesterday. This gen is the first time I've bought a console on launch day .. ever.

Game I do all the time but I never had for consoles.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Animalor wrote:I just realised something yesterday. This gen is the first time I've bought a console on launch day .. ever.

Me too actually, and I landed both.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fairweather Pure wrote:
Animalor wrote:I just realised something yesterday. This gen is the first time I've bought a console on launch day .. ever.

Me too actually, and I landed both.
me-2

I bought both xbox 360 and PS3 early but not on launch day. Thankfully no hardware issues with either of the new consoles so far. My Xbox One's Blu Ray drive purrs like a kitten and my PS4 hasn't overheated.
Dakanaf
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Dakanaf »

I don't understand why anyone would ever buy a console on launch day, or even the first year of the console's life, but I certainly don't think of less of them for doing it! I just want them to have fun, which is what it's all about.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Dakanaf wrote:I don't understand why anyone would ever buy a console on launch day, or even the first year of the console's life, but I certainly don't think of less of them for doing it! I just want them to have fun, which is what it's all about.
If you're going to buy them eventually, why wait?
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

I really enjoy getting something new like this and seeing it mature.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

9/9/99 I had my Dreamcast. First and last time I had a console on day one. Hell, it is the first and last time I have a console on year one