The Official NextBox Thread!

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: The Official NextBox Thread!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
You said $299 which is $200 less. So if the Kinect is $75 what you're saying is that the blu-ray drive is then $125? You're looney tunes.

My point wasn't that they couldn't reduce costs by removing things just that I doubt that it would reduce them by as much you say. Hence back to my original estimate of $350. AT BEST. (For a less powerful console)

In summary: Your post was pointless!
No what I'm saying is that they are planning to offer a Digital Only console for 399 already with Kinect. Remove Kinect as well and you're down to 325.00 already, within 25 of the 299 target.

It's OK. I'll explain things twice if needed.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Microsoft offers $100 to 'ditch your PS3' for an Xbox One

January 30, 2014 10:28 am

While the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 launches started off with Microsoft and Sony trading congratulatory tweets, Microsoft has stepped up its marketing recently. In promotional emails, the software giant is offering $100 towards an Xbox One when people "ditch" Sony’s PlayStation 3. The trade-in deal is only available at Microsoft’s retail stores in the US, and it applies to the PS3, Xbox 360 S, or Xbox 360 E.

The promotion reduces the $100 gap, and brings the Xbox One price down to the same $399 as the PlayStation 4
Nice chance to dump off some old PS3s and 360s.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

With PS3 exclusives still coming out, in addition to all the free games on PS+, why would anyone want to 'ditch' it just to save $100 on an inferior (to the PS4) console? Just another flail attempt from Microsoft.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Dunno, I kinda like these promotions. Got my iPad air for 200.00 by turning in 3 year old iPads for 400 in credits.

I have two 360's and doubtful I'll play the PS3 again. Maybe ditch it after FFXIII Lightening thing. Dump them while you can still get a little value for them!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I still play PS3 games so not sure why I'd dump it. Want to save $100 on a new next-gen console? Buy the PS4 over the XBO. Boom. DONE! YOU'VE NOW SAVED $100.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:I still play PS3 games so not sure why I'd dump it. Want to save $100 on a new next-gen console? Buy the PS4 over the XBO. Boom. DONE! YOU'VE NOW SAVED $100.
You also played EQ for 10 years. Not normal. This offer is geared more for normal people!
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

There's an update coming to the Xbox One on Feb 11th!

In summary - General stability improvements, Battery indicator, USB keyboard support and Storage Management with a note than another update is coming on March 4th to address issues with the multiplayer systems.

http://majornelson.com/2014/02/05/xbox- ... ng-feb-11/
Marc Whitten has just posted details on Xbox Wire of the next Xbox One System Update that is coming next week.

Here are the highlights from the post:

On February 11, the first update will be delivered to customers who sign into their Xbox One. It features many new improvements – including lots of behind-the-scenes updates for developers building apps and games for Xbox One, several new features we believe Xbox fans will love, stability and product updates to improve the customer experience, and continuous improvements to the quality of Kinect voice so commands become more fluid and responsive over time. While we won’t be going into all of the details of the product updates today, we will be sharing more information soon.

Some of the features you can expect to see on February 11 include:

The ability to see and manage your storage space. With this update, you will find it easy to find how much space your content takes up and better manage your content. You can also control your install lineup and more easily manage your download queue. We’ve separated My Games and My Apps into separate lists, so you can easily create separate queues for both. Now you can pick the order in which you want your content to load and we’ve added a boot progress indicator so you can better track updates while they load.

The battery power indicator is back! You can see it right on the home screen, so you can easily track how much battery life is left on your controller.

And, you will be able to use your USB keyboard with your Xbox One.

These are just a few of the many updates we will be shipping on February 11. We’ll share more details on these and other upcoming features in the coming weeks. We have several surprises in store that we think you’ll love.

March 4 system updates – countdown to “Titanfall”

On March 4, in advance of what is expected to be the biggest game launch of the year, we will be delivering another system update to prepare your Xbox One for “Titanfall.” This update will contain many new features and improvements, most significantly to our party and multiplayer systems.
All the good things!!
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

I now own both systems and I can say this Winnow.

I enjoy my PS4 a lot.

I don't know how the Xbox One is yet, the first system I got would not update past 76% or 119 kb so it never started. I looked it up, this seems to be the magic number. So I tried the reset thing, the flash update thing and now all it does is sit on the opening XBOX logo for 30-45 minutes.

We are taking it back to swap out for another one. Hope it works but so far I am liking PS4.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Tyek wrote:I now own both systems and I can say this Winnow.

I enjoy my PS4 a lot.

I don't know how the Xbox One is yet, the first system I got would not update past 76% or 119 kb so it never started. I looked it up, this seems to be the magic number. So I tried the reset thing, the flash update thing and now all it does is sit on the opening XBOX logo for 30-45 minutes.

We are taking it back to swap out for another one. Hope it works but so far I am liking PS4.
Sucks to get a bad console. No matter what the statistics for faulty units for each console turn out to be, getting one yourself has a big impact on impressions.

Check out the new video on the upcoming Kinect Sports Rivals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW3OjZiTb-4&hd=1

The rock climbing looks fun. Soccer might be interesting. Good for rehab!

This face scanning video from back in August looks like fun (also shows more rock climbing)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76CfAH0TM5Q&hd=1
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

Second one worked but did not get to play it yet. TV picture keeps flashing but family going to Disneyland for my birthday.

Need All the physical therapy I can get, incision ripped open on one of the surgeries and scar tissue is BAD. Also had to take a customer to SC to play one of the nicest courses around and that set me back. Golfing in 23 degree weather and caddy stealing 12 of my percocets killed the fun.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

here's a new Kinect Sports Rivals video that just came out:

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/02/12/kinec ... _truncated

Looks pretty fun.

Titanfall, Project Spark and Kinect Sports Rivals and Sunset Overdrive are in the pipeline.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Unfortunately it relies on motion control gimmick Kinect. So no matter how fun it looks be prepared to be frustrated trying to actually play the game.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Winnow wrote:Image
Won't lie, I LOL'ed. From Reddit?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

It wont fail. But for me personally I have zero interest in it. Apparently I must not be a "PS fan" as I actually don't want the game. How many shooters do we need?

And like it or not having it on 360 and PC will dilute the sales of the XBO version. It's simple math! Anyone who DOES own both a gaming PC and an XBO would be foolish to get the XBO version. It's like having the choice between a PS4 and XBO version... The XBO version will always be inferior.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah I was kinda excited to pick this up for the pc until I saw the requirements and some more recent screenshots, the graphics look considerably worse than I was expecting. I get that it's supposed to be quick paced and big maps and such, but if they have to sacrifice graphical quality for that they should leave it in development longer; that sacrifice shouldn't need to be made.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:Yeah I was kinda excited to pick this up for the pc until I saw the requirements and some more recent screenshots, the graphics look considerably worse than I was expecting. I get that it's supposed to be quick paced and big maps and such, but if they have to sacrifice graphical quality for that they should leave it in development longer; that sacrifice shouldn't need to be made.
That's just what a PS FAN would say.

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Online only has really deflated my Titanfall hype.

I'll still get it, but man that's fucking bullshit.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Fairweather Pure wrote:Online only has really deflated my Titanfall hype.

I'll still get it, but man that's fucking bullshit.
Get the PC version!

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Some of my most played games ladt gen were Chromehounds and Shadowrun, both of which were online only. If this one has depth and decent dev support, it should do well.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Even Microsoft realizes how bad XBO is and wants to dump it!
Microsoft’s Xbox Division May be Purchased by Amazon According to Insider

Industry insider Pete Dodd has a pretty good track record with his sources, and today he dropped something quite interesting: according to him Microsoft is in talks with Amazon to transfer the property of the Xbox One division to the giant online retail corporation.

Two things. Titanfall launch show with @geoffkeighley. Have you announced that yet? Also, xbox bought by Amazon? Bookmark this.

The latter isn’t even close to done. If it gets finished at all. But, that’s the scuttlebutt. Do with it what you may.

Microsoft is looking to dump xbox. Amazon is looking for gaming assets. Talks have started.
The Titanfall launch show with Geoff Keighley is definitely believable, considering he’s working on a Final Hours feature on the game.

The purchase of the Xbox division by Amazon is something I’ll take with a sizable pinch of salt. It’s true that there have been insistent rumors lately from prominent insider and press sources on a possible spin-off of the Xbox One division, but it definitely generates profits at the moment. Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter defined the possibility “dumb and dumber.” We’ll have to wait and see who will be proven right in the end.

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Titanfall will be a broken mess for at least the first 2 weeks post launch. Launch day? Why even bother? However, unlike the shitfest that was BF4, you won't even have a single player campaign to fall back on.
Last edited by Fairweather Pure on February 15, 2014, 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Animalor wrote:Some of my most played games ladt gen were Chromehounds and Shadowrun, both of which were online only. If this one has depth and decent dev support, it should do well.
I miss Chromehounds :(
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:Even Microsoft realizes how bad XBO is and wants to dump it!
Microsoft’s Xbox Division May be Purchased by Amazon According to Insider
I'd say that's a possibility.

Xbox is Microsoft's way into the living room so it's hard to picture them wanting to get rid of it even if it's the least profitable right now. Amazon has been coming on strong with original programming for it's Amazon Prime (10 new pilots just released) I've been watching an older Amazon Prime called Betas and enjoy it. I can see Amazon wanting to have a strong presence in the living room with a console.

Amazon is big into linux with their Kindle's so it would be kind of odd to have to work with the Xbox OS which is based on windows and can run windows apps. They'd end up paying licensing fees to Microsoft which is what Microsoft excels at (making shitloads of money for licensing) Microsoft already clears 1 Billion a year in patent licensing fees to Android based products.

Looking at it from Microsoft's standpoint, they'd still make money without the hardware headache.

I can't emphasis enough that Microsoft is in an extremely good position for the future.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/09/17/investi ... edge-fund/
Ubben said he likes that Microsoft charges a lot of money, makes a lot of money, and has enterprise contracts that will last for years. He noted that Microsoft is "in the plumbing" of big corporations.

By contrast, companies like Apple (AAPL, Fortune 500) and Samsung (SSNLF), which cater more to average consumers, have to keep churning out new products every few months even if changes are incremental.

"They have to run faster every year to keep up," he said.

As for Amazon, it's hard to say. They also want access to the living room and having Xbox One's carrying Amazon Prime's shows as part of the XBLive free would be a big step. I'm sure they'd have a nice integrated interface to Amazon's store as well. You could buy your PS4 games using Xbox One and Amazon would make money. Amazon probably likes the integrated TV features of Xbox One for their Netflix cloning purposes.

While Apple and Microsoft make tons of money, Amazon is non profitable overall. Their streaming service lost 1 Billion last year. They made 1 Billion + off their cloud services though.

Microsoft has a huge server farm supporting the Xbox. I'd think Amazon would be able to handle that part of it since their own cloud network is humongous but your talking two different server networks on different Operating systems.

The CEO, Jeff Bezos, for Amazon would be a positive as he's shown himself to be brilliant.

I could see it happening but there's also a ton of back end stuff that would go along with it that would seem to make it not such an easy deal.
I didn't know Amazon owned IMDb. I use that all the time. They own audible.com as well but I knew that.

I think if Amazon gets ahold of Xbox One you might actually see the beginnings of a solid option vs cable TV emerge. Bezos seems intent on creating new content and shows and instead of needing the networks, can possibly just squeeze them out with a better product. Just a year ago, Netflix would have been an attractive buy for Amazon, now it's market cap has skyrocketed. Best to have options and it looks like Amazon Prime and Netflix will be those options.

Sony is in the worst position. They cater more to consumers while Amazon and Microsoft have back ends that service corporations making them more stable and less reliant on a fancy new TV or camera to boost their share price. The Playstation NOW service would be a step in the right direction but maybe they also need to get some sort of Netflix/Amazon Prime thing going to leverage the millions of game consoles out there that might pay higher monthly fees for it.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Microsoft Corporation's Xbox One Looks Like a Total Failure

Seems a bit harsh!
There are myriad of reasons to explain why Microsoft's console isn't selling as well as Sony's. But the most significant by far is the price difference -- at $500, Microsoft's console is a full $100 more expensive than Sony's machine.

That $100 difference is likely due to the inclusion of Microsoft's Kinect, an accessory most core gamers (the sorts of people likely to purchase a console early in its life) don't seem to want. At the same time, Microsoft's console is a bit less powerful than Sony's, giving the PlayStation 4 a slight edge in graphics.
Will the Kinect gamble pay off for MS in the long term? Stay tuned!

Personally I don't really see how it can other than with first party stuff. For multiplatform games are developers going to want to spend time implementing motion control for (currently less than) half of the user base just because one console forces motion control on you and the other doesn't? I know I wouldn't.

My TV comes with voice and motion control functionality. How well does it work? Hell if I know since I disabled those. Give me buttons any day, thanks.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Motley fool writes the worst articles ever. They are the Spang of investor sites. You should browse through the comments on that article. It's full of PS4 owners stating how ridiculous the article is. It's basically designed to get ad clicks on their site. Reminds me of the retarded tech headlines I read on Gizmodo before I cut them out of my RSS feed rotation.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Motley fool writes the worst articles ever. They are the Spang of investor sites. You should browse through the comments on that article. It's full of PS4 owners stating how ridiculous the article is. It's basically designed to get ad clicks on their site. Reminds me of the retarded tech headlines I read on Gizmodo before I cut them out of my RSS feed rotation.
I'm not sure how that makes the quote I posted wrong in any fashion.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
Winnow wrote:Motley fool writes the worst articles ever. They are the Spang of investor sites. You should browse through the comments on that article. It's full of PS4 owners stating how ridiculous the article is. It's basically designed to get ad clicks on their site. Reminds me of the retarded tech headlines I read on Gizmodo before I cut them out of my RSS feed rotation.
I'm not sure how that makes the quote I posted wrong in any fashion.
Microsoft Corporation's Xbox One Looks Like a Total Failure
The second fastest selling console of all time is a TOTAL failure? Please. That's the weakest headline I've seen in some time. It's not even remotely close to a total failure. Pretty bad when a bunch of PS4 fanbois have to come out say how bad the article is on a competing console.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

You do there's more to the article than just a headline? I guess not!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

The PS4 kills babies!
There may be more to that article but I'm not reading it.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:
The PS4 kills babies!
There may be more to that article but I'm not reading it.
Luckily you don't have to because I pasted a paragraph in my initial post.

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

I keep tab on a few stocks with the Bing Finance app on my surface (MSFT being one of them) and every time a Fool article is linked, it's usually the "anything but Microsoft" sentiment you find in a lot of blogs these days.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

There are myriad of reasons to explain why Microsoft's console isn't selling as well as Sony's. But the most significant by far is the price difference -- at $500, Microsoft's console is a full $100 more expensive than Sony's machine.
1. Why yes it is a full $100 more than the PS4. Verdict - Fact
That $100 difference is likely due to the inclusion of Microsoft's Kinect, an accessory most core gamers (the sorts of people likely to purchase a console early in its life) don't seem to want.
2. While we don't know the exact breakdown it's "likely" that that $100 does indeed come from the added Kinect. Verdict - Mostly fact. The second part is an opinion but I'm sure a lot of people don't want Kinect. No real way to verify that without surveying every Xbox owner.
At the same time, Microsoft's console is a bit less powerful than Sony's, giving the PlayStation 4 a slight edge in graphics.
3. Hundreds (thousands?) of articles across the internet to back that up. Verdict - FACT!

But go on being all defensive about it. That's just the way Xbox people are.

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

But go on being all defensive about it. That's just the way Xbox people are.
Yeah. Cause people spouting "Power of the Cell Processor" and sites like http://www.sonydefenseforce.com/ (ROFL, I can't believe SDF is still at it) were even-handed opinions back in the early days of last-gen when the PS3 was 599$ and giant enemy crabs were all the rage.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

First denial now deflection. You guys are covering all the bases!

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Aslanna wrote:First denial now deflection. You guys are covering all the bases!
Purely trying to make a point about generalizations and something about living in glass houses and not throwing rocks..
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I was actually making a South Park reference... No need to take it personally!

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Aslanna wrote:I was actually making a South Park reference... No need to take it personally!
Actually I'm kind of enjoying the reversal of public opinion from last gen. It's making for some entertaining internet browsing (well except for NeoGaf. Those folks are WAY too serious about this stuff.)

I'd forgotten about that South Park bit. That was a good one.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

The reversal is all in the hands of Sony and MS. Last gen, the 360 was the better alternative by far. It was easier for 3rd parties to code for, was significantly cheaper, and had the superior XBL, a better controller, and several other things that made it the console of choice. During the last 1-1.5 years, MS has basically abandoned the 360 as far as exclusives. Meanwhile, Sony's first party studios continue to build upon it's earlier offerings and 3rd party exclusives. PS+ surpassed the stagnate XBL by giving away games, forcing MS to match the value. You see, MS stopped leading and has been forced to start reacting instead. Then there was the entire DRM debacle that showed the left hand had no idea what the right hand was doing at MS. Then there were top people leaving MS. It's obvious that gaming is not the focus of the system. They are 100% responsible for their own fate. Hey, MS had me in their court but they're the ones who dropped the ball. I'm not a fickle, uneducated "gamer". I have brand loyalty only until the next big thing comes along and does it better. I switch electronic brands all the time for that very reason. As of this moment, I still don't feel as though MS has it's heart and soul in the Xbone.

Meanwhile, Sony has just been doing everything right. They've said the right things, put their focus where I think it belongs, and have had a rock solid, cohesive message the entire time. The way they stepped up PS+ and continue to crank out top quality games on the PS3 makes me believe they will continue to do the same with the PS4. Plus, on top of all that, the hardware is straight up better. This cannot be understated. Better hardware at a cheaper price.

8 Years from now, I may very well be back to the Xbox Amazonbox. If they take it to a level over Sony, I'll swap sides again without hesitation.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

I follow Microsoft pretty closely and my take on what happened with Xbox is that Corporate Microsoft got excited about the 360 and decided to mettle in what was a great thing that J. Allard and Peter Moore and the folks there in 2005 had built.

A lot of what I'm going to list below can probably be laid directly at the feet of Don Mattrick.

Mistake 1 - Cut out API's that enabled almost viral marketing. Stuff like mygamercard and other applications really made a big difference in building a community.
Mistake 2 - Over-estimating how ready the customer base was for an all digital future
Mistake 3 - Not adjusting the games pricepoint to accommodate for the all digital future.
Mistake 4 - Kinect 1.0 success would mean ease of acceptance of a bundled unit. Kinect 1.0 if you remember was touted as the fastest selling piece of consumer electronics of all time at one point. Microsoft looked at those early datapoint and decided to bundle, most likely ignoring the fact that sales after that initial holiday probably fell off a cliff. (I would've bought Kinect 2 anyways, had it been separate). Not sure if the Snowden/NSA spying on users and companies hurt them with the Kinect bundling.
Mistake 5 - Arrogance. They believed Xbox users were loyal would follow them though anything after the RROD fiasco.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Second wave of games for the Xbox One are starting to roll in.

Thief (this week)
Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (Xbox exclusive, this week)
Titanfall (Xbox exclusive in two weeks)
Metal Gear Game (in three weeks)

I was listening to a gaming podcast and they raved about Titanfall after playing the beta. These guys are cynical and bitch about the smallest stuff on most games but universally praised Titanfall. That's rare to see so it's a positive sign for the game. They also actually liked PvZ Garden Warfare as well.

Should be a good next three weeks.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I didn't know Garden Warfare was coming out so soon. I'll get that fir couch co-op with the kids. I think it looks like a lot of fun. It's not a microtransaction shitfest is it? Fuck, I'll have to look into that later.

Thief looks awful. Just...awful. You can tell it was a last gen game put into turn around for next gen. Snoozefest.

I'm still up in the air on Titanfall. I may wait for a price drop on that one. I know I'll get it eventually though. I didn't even bother with the Beta, which is telling. Lots of people are loving it though. Maybe if some of my friends buy it that will give me the push I need.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Thief (this week) - Looks better on the PS4. Although you probably don't want it on any platform.

Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (Xbox exclusive, this week) - Also coming to PC and word is this will be timed exclusive and more than likely coming to other console platforms in the future. It's also 'Always Online' so if you just want couch co-op might want to look into that first.

Titanfall (Xbox exclusive in two weeks) - PC version the one to get.

Metal Gear Game (in three weeks) - Looks better on PS4.

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Reading my post over again, I just wanted to clarify that I think that Theif looks boring from a gameplay perspective, not graphically. Although that does not look spectacular either!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Good news for everyone that bought an XBO early to play Titanfall.. You get to pay for the game! Teehee.
Microsoft has today formally announced the oft-rumoured Titanfall and Xbox One bundle, with regional price and release dates to accompany the reveal.

Starting March 11th for $499 in the US and March 13th for £399 in the UK, you’ll be able to pre-order and/or buy an Xbox One with an included digital download for Titanfall, along with a month of free Xbox LIVE Gold. The announcement was made alongside that of a price reduction on Xbox One in the UK, which will include a copy of Titanfall in the box for free.
(Current) sales (trends) must be pretty disappointing to bundle in their most anticipated game for free. Plus a price cut in the UK.

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

How does that logic explain the PS4 Infamous 3 bundle?

The XBO titanfall bundle is pretty uninspired. I can't believe they didn't inclue the Titanfall controllet!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Fairweather Pure wrote:How does that logic explain the PS4 Infamous 3 bundle?
Unless Infamous is thrown in for free.. I don't think it needs any explanation.

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Why not do this. Frankly it makes good strategic sense.

The game is a system seller so sell it with the system. This will help Microsoft move significant hardware in March. The new franchise will now closely associated with the console making future iterations, even if they end up multi-plat, mentally associated by consumers with the Xbox One.

Frankly if I were MS, I would have a promotion where everyone that buys an Xbox One between March 1st and March 31st gets a free download of Titanfall.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Thief looks boring on either console. I'm not big on stealth games though so who knows.

Looks like Xbox One has the more interesting exclusives for the next month, continuing the launch trend of more/better exclusives into the 4th month.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Looks like Xbox One has the more interesting exclusives for the next month, continuing the launch trend of more/better exclusives into the 4th month.
As reflected by their console sales. Sure seems those awesome exclusives are whipping consumers into a buying frenzy.

Really not sure how you can call a game an XBO exclusive if it also comes out on the 360 and PC. Those should really be labeled PS4 non-exclusive or something. The same way I don't consider a PS4 game that comes out on Steam a PS4 exclusive. Console exclusive maybe that's about it.

--