The Official NextBox Thread!

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: The Official NextBox Thread!

Post by Winnow »

Article on best external HDs for Xbox One:

http://kotaku.com/the-best-external-har ... 1586710559

I'll eventually get a 2TB but don't need one yet!

I really need a new HD for my PS3. That thing has been used the most out of any console I have lately*. I supposed I can use the 500GB one from my PS4 once that's eventually upgraded.

*probably because it's hacked and there's not too many games for SB1 and PS4 yet.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Xbox One would win an election! Time to squeeze out those middle states!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Crytek, the Frankfurt based Crysis developer, is under fire as multiple sources have claimed that the company is on thin ice.

The original report came from German publication GameStar, where it was stated that the company were facing bankruptcy after a slew of financial trouble including the release of Xbox One launch title Ryse: Son of Rome.
So what are the odds of MS buying Crytek? The games they make look ok but unfortunately they just aren't that good as games. Crysis was basically the same game as Far Cry other than a super suit and the monsters or whatever being replaced by aliens. Their games are pretty much just fancy tech demos for their engine. They do own the Homefront IP now so it's conceivable they could actually improve on that when it comes to the sequel. Other than that it's probably not a big deal if it became an MS Studio.

Also the rumor of Capcom being up for sale. Would they even sell to an American company like Microsoft? That could be interesting.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

The good news — the world's premiere digital pinball platform is coming to the Xbox One on July 31. The bad news — players will have to repurchase all of the Pinball FX2 tables they've already bought for the Xbox 360.

The PlayStation 4 version of Pinball FX2, the pinball platform that features both original tables and some amazing licensed offerings from Star Wars, Marvel Comics and more, received a major update yesterday, adding a bunch of classic and Marvel tables. Thanks to PSN cross-buy support, folks who'd already grabbed the tables on their PlayStation 3 can download them for free on the PlayStation 4.

Not so on the Xbox One. Unfortunately, pinball fans who have invested in tables for the Xbox 360 version of the game can't simply import them into the new console — they have to repurchase them. As one concerned reader pointed out, we're talking upwards of $100 worth of tables.

I reached out to developer Zen Studios and received the following statement for the company's Steven Hopper.

"Unfortunately, table imports were not possible between the Xbox 360 and Xbox One versions of Pinball FX2 due to technical limitations and platform differences. If the platform would allow us to support such a feature (as on PlayStation and its integrated cross-buy support) then we absolutely would offer it to our fans as we have in the past. However, it simply wasn't an option available to us in this version."
Hopefully those pinball fans bought their tables on PlayStation and not that other platform otherwise they have to buy their tables over again if they want to enjoy them on a next gen system. Maybe this is another innovation Microsoft can copy from Sony so their customers aren't being screwed!

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Aslanna wrote: Hopefully those pinball fans bought their tables on PlayStation and not that other platform otherwise they have to buy their tables over again if they want to enjoy them on a next gen system. Maybe this is another innovation Microsoft can copy from Sony so their customers aren't being screwed!
If I had to bet, it's because the stores for the Xbox One and the 360 aren't running on the same platform. Frankly, it would seem like such a minor thing for Microsoft to do to setup a query that would check the 360 store for the tables and then flag them as purchased on the Xbox One store, I wonder why this isn't happening.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

Still waiting to see official sales volume worldwide, but MS is showing significant growth of sales in North America after they dropped the kinect and lowered the price of the box.

Maybe a lesson is to be learned....nah, nevermind. They will fuck something else up.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Microsoft to close Xbox Entertainment Studios, ending original programming plans

Microsoft is set to shut down Xbox Entertainment Studios, its internal branch dedicated to producing original programming for the Xbox brand.
Well that didn't last long. Are there any elements of their 2013 E3 presentation still intact?

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

The Halo thing and the Atari documentary are going to finish up. The only thing that's probably not going to happen is the Heroes reboot. Is anyone crying about that one?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Animalor wrote:The Halo thing and the Atari documentary are going to finish up. The only thing that's probably not going to happen is the Heroes reboot. Is anyone crying about that one?
Unfortunately for the world at large that looks like it's still happening since it was NBC that picked that up. 2015!
The studio had been exploring ways of doing another Heroes chapter with new characters elsewhere, with Microsoft’s Xbox at one point entering discussions with Kring and Uni TV for a new season that didn’t come to fruition.

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

The August update preview is out.

http://majornelson.com/2014/07/18/next-xbox-one-update/
Activity feed updates: We’re adding new ways for you to interact with friends in the activity feed. The interface will change to a single column scrolling list that is longer and includes more content. We’ll add the ability to post text to your feed, and to “like” and comment on feed items. You can share game clips and anything else in the feed with friends either publically (to your activity feed) or privately (as an attachment to a message). You’ll also be notified when anyone likes, comments on or shares your items. Each user will get a personal feed on their profile, so you can see what specific friends have been up to. And, with SmartGlass, you can see what your friends have shared to their activity feed and “like” specific posts (additional activity feed support coming in future SmartGlass updates).

Expanded Friends area on Home: Right from Home, see what’s going on with your friends. Stay up-to-date with their current activity, the top trending games your friends are playing, and a leaderboard to see who has been working the hardest on their Gamerscore. We’re doing an extended preview on this, rolling it into the early access preview this month to a subset of our preview audience so we can refine it until it’s ready for the entire Xbox One market.

Mobile purchase: One of the most requested features on Xbox Feedback. Using Xbox SmartGlass or on Xbox.com, you can remotely purchase games and Add-on content. No more waiting to begin downloading when you get home – if your console is set to automatically take updates, your console will begin downloading your purchase.

Low battery notification: You asked for it, now a notification will pop up when your controller battery is getting low.

Disable notifications during video: Adding the ability to turn off notifications based feedback we heard from you.

Enabling 3D Blu-ray: An update to the Blu-ray player app will enable 3D Blu-ray functionality on Xbox One.

OneGuide in Brazil, Mexico, Austria and Ireland: Live TV listings can be configured for four new countries as part of this month’s Preview program. And now there is an OneGuide Issue Reporter available under the TV & OneGuide settings, Troubleshooting section.

Last seen time in Friends list: Direct from Xbox Feedback, the friends list will now show how long it’s been since a friend has been online. For example, “Last seen 20m ago: Forza Motorsport 5.”
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

That is a nice, beefy update.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I decided to give the free game this month a shot last night (Max: Curse of Brotherhood or whatever it's called), which I was surprised to see was actually a half decent little game.

That being said, in the short time I had the Xbox on, it threw 4 errors, which is more than I've had on my PS4 since I got it. For one - when you open something that needs to update (in my case it was twitch, I was trying to watch a stream of the game) it doesn't bring you back to what you were doing before it updated, you've gotta back out of that screen and go back to it manually. This is a tiny little quality of life issue that, and quite frankly it's inexcusable that they haven't fixed this already.

So anyhow, I go back to the game stream, I watch a 30 second ad right off the bat (hey at least MS does ads right, right?!) then twitch crashed. I tried again, same result. I gave up and just watched a youtube video, and decided I was going to give the game a shot. I click on the game to start it and get an error that to start the game I need to have the disc in. Tried again, same error. Third time the game opened.

None of this is major stuff but it detracts from the experience of using the console, and I've had nothing like that with the PS4.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

The good news is... You'll be able to rent old EA games for $5 a month soon.

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

And new ones. It's a great get for MS. Sony is trying to downplay it, but it's going to get a lot of interest and subscribers.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fairweather Pure wrote:And new ones. It's a great get for MS. Sony is trying to downplay it, but it's going to get a lot of interest and subscribers.

For the new games coming out, I thinkit's just early access (5 days) and 10% off the price for subscribers. Still good considering $5 is what you pay a month if you like the games available. This isn't the cheesy streaming stuff Sony will offer. It's full downloads.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sony claims EA's Xbox One subscription service isn't 'good value'
Of course they don't. Have you seen the crazy pricing for old games they are planning to charge to stream? Now THAT's a good value. lol.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Winnow wrote:
Fairweather Pure wrote:And new ones. It's a great get for MS. Sony is trying to downplay it, but it's going to get a lot of interest and subscribers.

For the new games coming out, I thinkit's just early access (5 days) and 10% off the price for subscribers. Still good considering $5 is what you pay a month if you like the games available. This isn't the cheesy streaming stuff Sony will offer. It's full downloads.
5 dollars off a game for something I pay 5 dollars a month for,when many months during the year probably go by when the average person wouldn't buy one of their games?!

Such amaze!
Much savings!
wow
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Funkmasterr wrote:
Winnow wrote:

5 dollars off a game for something I pay 5 dollars a month for,when many months during the year probably go by when the average person wouldn't buy one of their games?!

Such amaze!
Much savings!
wow
Along with access to previous recent games. the 5% discount is nice and basically breaks even with the monthly price of the subscription. For games you don't feel like buying, you'll get most of them a few months down the road anyway for the cost of one game a year ($60). Seems like a good value to me if you like the games.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Along with access to previous recent games. the 5% discount is nice and basically breaks even with the monthly price of the subscription. For games you don't feel like buying, you'll get most of them a few months down the road anyway for the cost of one game a year ($60). Seems like a good value to me if you like the games.
I don't think "a few months down the road" has been established. For all you know it could be a year. I seriously doubt they will be offering $60 games three moths later for a $5 rental charge. People would simply stop buying $60 EA games. Do you think that makes good business sense from EA's perspective?

I think people should wait for more details to emerge before announcing this as the greatest thing to happen since the PS4.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
Winnow wrote:Along with access to previous recent games. the 5% discount is nice and basically breaks even with the monthly price of the subscription. For games you don't feel like buying, you'll get most of them a few months down the road anyway for the cost of one game a year ($60). Seems like a good value to me if you like the games.
I don't think "a few months down the road" has been established. For all you know it could be a year. I seriously doubt they will be offering $60 games three moths later for a $5 rental charge.

Well Madden and FIFA are a few months old so far that will be offered on their release list. Titanfall is not on the list so it's possible things will vary, maybe after all DLC has been released, or maybe they still charge for DLC. Who knows. Seems like better value than current "beta" 3 day, 1 week, 1 month, pricing for 40 year old games on Playstation NOW.

Playstation NOW needs some sort of service that offers one fee for old streaming games even though the quality will be inferior due to streaming.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Well Madden and FIFA are a few months old so far that will be offered on their release list.
Madden 25 was last years version. Both of those were XBO launch titles so if you consider 8 months "a few" then sure.

As far as DLC goes I believe it is not included and you have to buy it if you want to access it. You're just getting the base game as it was released.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
Winnow wrote:Well Madden and FIFA are a few months old so far that will be offered on their release list.
Madden 25 was last years version. Both of those were XBO launch titles so if you consider 8 months "a few" then sure.

As far as DLC goes I believe it is not included and you have to buy it if you want to access it. You're just getting the base game as it was released.
Ah, OK.

I don't keep up to date on Sports Numbering. If there are newer versions of both of those titles out Madden and FIFA, then it's not as good a deal IMO to begin with.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Not sure which FIFA was in that service, but FIFA 15 pre-orders have been going on for a while...should be out soon
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Couldn't find the original posts on this but Zen Pinball 2 has been delayed on the XBO to allow for them to build in cross platform table transfer from the Xbox 360.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

For the second time this month, Xbox LIVE is experiencing problems. This time, it isn't with the "core services," but rather with the social aspect of gaming.

According to the Xbox LIVE status page, the following Xbox LIVE services are "limited" on both Xbox One and Xbox 360:

Accessing all game features
Capturing game videos
Joining other Xbox Live members in online games
Managing friends lists and tracking what friends are doing
Posting game performance or viewing the performance of other Xbox Live members

Additionally, if your Xbox 360 Console is getting stuck on a black screen when trying to launch games or apps, hang in there! We are working toward a fix for this too. Thanks for your patience during this time. We'll provide an update for you as soon as we can

I though XBL was a bajillion times better than PSN? At least if Winnow is to be believed. So many issues lately! Maybe 300,000 servers isn't enough.

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Animalor wrote:Couldn't find the original posts on this but Zen Pinball 2 has been delayed on the XBO to allow for them to build in cross platform table transfer from the Xbox 360.
I was happy as fuck upon hearing this news the other day. I really didn't think MS would do it, but I was glad to be wrong. This was a really big deal for me!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Animalor wrote:Couldn't find the original posts on this but Zen Pinball 2 has been delayed on the XBO to allow for them to build in cross platform table transfer from the Xbox 360.
When searching for old news, always try searching using Google News. It works pretty well to find stuff fast.

Zen tables are one of the few actual things I bought on the 360 I'd like to use on the Xbox One. Thanks Microsoft!
Originally slated for release on July 31, Zen Studios' Pinball FX2 for the Xbox One has been pushed back into August in order to implement changes need to allow players to import tables they've already purchased on the Xbox 360.
Microsoft and Zen Studios have taken your feedback to heart, and seeing that many of you were very upset with the news that table transfers between Xbox 360 and Xbox One would not be happening, we have some good news for you! We will be able to implement table transfers on Xbox One starting from Pinball FX2's launch. Any available table on Xbox One that was previously purchased for Xbox 360 can be imported to the new version free of charge.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:When searching for old news, always try searching using Google News. It works pretty well to find stuff fast.[/url]

Zen tables are one of the few actual things I bought on the 360 I'd like to use on the Xbox One. Thanks Microsoft!
Sad that you have to "thank" them for something that should have been in place originally like it was with PlayStation. You act like they're doing you a favor but I guess that's how Xbox people are.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Without Bill Gates and Microsoft, the PC world would be in chaos. You should thank them every day. What OS are you using? What OS have you been using the past 20 years? It's nice to bitch non stop about a company but when it comes down to it, you use their product.

360 Controller is the best controller ever made. (same creative team is now with Oculus) It remains to be seen how this generation of consoles will ultimately play out. Microsoft seems to be kicking ass lately with their decisions while Sony is going to charge you an arm and a leg for old streaming games.

When you think of Sony Consoles and Microsoft consoles what comes to mind?

Playstation: hacked, features removed, delays, joy over shorter delays, flashy marketing

Xbox: Solid proven online, best controller, rapid improvements, quality exclusives right at release of new console cycles
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Without Bill Gates and Microsoft, the PC world would be in chaos. You should thank them every day. What OS are you using? What OS have you been using the past 20 years? It's nice to bitch non stop about a company but when it comes down to it, you use their product.
Not even sure what this rambling is all about.
Winnow wrote:360 Controller is the best controller ever made. (same creative team is now with Oculus) It remains to be seen how this generation of consoles will ultimately play out.
Dualshock > Xbox controller.
Winnow wrote:Microsoft seems to be kicking ass lately with their decisions while Sony is going to charge you an arm and a leg for old streaming games.
What alternate universe are you living in.. What decision lately from Microsoft shows them "kicking ass"? All their decisions lately are reversing their earlier decisions. That's what is called damage control and not "kicking ass". Maybe they should have made better decisions from the get-go.
Winnow wrote: When you think of Sony Consoles and Microsoft consoles what comes to mind?
PlayStation consoles = Great. Microsoft consoles = crap. That's what I think!

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

It's funny that I've been unable to login to Microsoft's awesome online 3 of the last 6 times I've bothered to turn the console on, not to mention the various errors/crashes I've encountered. I've had exactly zero problems with my PS4, and it's gotten heavy use.
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

That is what I'm currently dealing with too on the One. I even think I mentioned that earlier. No problems on the 360 though...
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Decent stuff coming out of Gamescom.

Here's a recap on Major Nelson's site - http://majornelson.com/2014/08/12/today ... one-place/

Rise of the Tomb Raider is Xbox exclusive (360/One) for Holiday 2015. (Most likely timed. Either that or we're going to see Rise of the Tomb Raider Sigma.)

A forthcoming update will deliver a new media player that will include playback from a USB device and DLNA. (Includes a ton of formats, including MKV!)
http://majornelson.com/2014/08/12/kicki ... ming-soon/

Console/Game bundles for COD, Sunset Overdrive and FIFA 15.

Goat Simulator coming to Xbox One (Never played it. Seems odd)
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Animalor wrote:Goat Simulator coming to Xbox One (Never played it. Seems odd)
Play this one via Steam after picking it up during the Summer Sale. Fun for short periods of time, but have to take frequent breaks. It really was released as a buggy game, which they actually promoted the game as. Still, a fun game, especially if you get it cheap :P
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

There was a Gamescom thread!
Boogahz wrote:
Play this one via Steam after picking it up during the Summer Sale. Fun for short periods of time, but have to take frequent breaks. It really was released as a buggy game, which they actually promoted the game as. Still, a fun game, especially if you get it cheap :P
Save your dough and just watch Let's Play videos of it on YouTube. imo!

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Aslanna wrote:There was a Gamescom thread!
Boogahz wrote:
Save your dough and just watch Let's Play videos of it on YouTube. imo!
Noted thanks!

Here's a 5 min walkthrough of some of the upcoming features (improved friends list, guide-like snapping and TV streaming to SmartGlass while the game still plays on the main TV.)
http://news.xbox.com/2014/08/gamescom-n ... ures-video
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Xbox One gamers could soon try before they buy with a 'Free Play Day'

At $60 per year, an Xbox Live Gold subscription isn't cheap, but Microsoft's working to make the all-access package a bit more attractive to gamers. The 'Games with Gold' offering that we first saw with Xbox 360 made its way to One as well, and now it appears that the company's latest console may soon get a second bonus feature. Xbox One beta users noticed a new 'Free Game Day' option this week, which enables 24 hours of access to select titles, giving you a chance to preview games before making a purchase. Max: The Curse of Brotherhood appears to be the first offering, and if an Xbox Support tweet is any indication, a broader rollout may be on the way very soon.
Well done Microsoft.

Xbox Live: Free Play Day
PN+: $eleventybillion$ per hour low res streaming old games
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

And you still get good games that people actually play with PSN, not the shitty throwaway games from the Xbox. And really, who needs to play a game for a day to decide if they want to buy it? I generally know if I'm buying something long before it comes out, but if not, watching a stream for maybe 5-10 minutes will push me one way or the other. And checking out a game stream on twitch doesn't crash constantly on my PS4, wish I could say that for the Xbox.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I get 6 free games a month with PS+ that I can play 'forever'. Why would I care about one day on "select titles".

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

China paving the way for big Xbox One sales

China has approved the sale of 5 million Xbox One units, opening the way for Microsoft to make a big splash in the country’s emerging console sector.

Microsoft’s Chinese partner BesTV revealed the figure in a Tuesday earnings statement. The Chinese version of the Xbox One goes on in China on Sept. 23, after the country ended a 13-year-old ban on the import of foreign game consoles.

Although China often censors gaming content to weed out excessive violence, the approval of 5 million Xbox One units signals that the country’s government is still giving ample room for actual device sales.

BesTV, a provider of Internet television services, is confident the Xbox One will rake in big profits over time. The industry is projecting that China’s console gaming market has the potential to sell over 50 million units over the next five years, the company said.
Looks like Microsoft will catch up to Sony pretty fast due to their ability to integrate with cable , etc.

Next up: Another holiday season with better exclusives on Xbox One than PS4. What a surprise!
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Half-serious question:

Would your life be significantly more devoid of meaning if you suddenly stopped caring about how people consume video games?
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

And checking out a game stream on twitch doesn't crash constantly on my PS4, wish I could say that for the Xbox.
Is there any advantage to watching Twitch on a console over PC?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Leonaerd wrote:
And checking out a game stream on twitch doesn't crash constantly on my PS4, wish I could say that for the Xbox.
I'm generally only on my PC to download movies/shows/etc or to play A Realm Reborn these days. Most of my daily entertainment is done on my PS4 (gaming, Netflix/Amazon, etc). Also, I've used Twitch as a deciding factor for whether I'm going to play a few games, so it makes more sense to do that on a console. Xbox actually has a tab on the store entry for that game that shows a few random Twitch feeds, which is convenient, but every time I've tried to use it Twitch has crashed. Also, sometimes if I'm getting ready to for a night of gaming but am eating dinner first - I'll turn on a stream of something on the console while I eat quick.
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

Leonaerd wrote:
Ya, I can sit on my comfy couch and watch it on the big screen. The only drawback is that it's not quite easy to chat if one of my friends are streaming.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

For a while there, it looked like Xbox One owners might soon be able to download and try out even more games from Microsoft free of charge. But Microsoft says that the screen teasing this possibility was an error.

First spotted overnight by Reddit users who who've downloaded the latest XB1 firmware beta, a tile featuring Press Play's drawing-centric platformer Max: The Curse of Brotherhood was touting a Free Play Day initiative, which looked like it might have been a evolution of Microsoft's Games With Gold program. That's the Xbox Live feature which lets paid subscribers add free games to their personal libraries every month.

Microsoft's official statement follows:

"A promotional tile for 'Max: Curse of the Brotherhood' was posted briefly on the US dash in error yesterday. We apologize for any inconvenience. We're constantly exploring different ways to offer more benefits to our Xbox Live Gold members and will keep them updated when special offers become available."

Note: We accidentally hit publish on an early version of this draft with inadvertently incorrect information. We apologize for the error.
Well done Microsoft indeed. lolz

Next up: Another holiday season with better exclusives on PS4 than Xbox One. What a surprise!

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Ugh.. Netflix on the Xbox One was just updated and made like every other Netflix app out there. A definite downgrade as you have so much wasted space on screen for huge ass graphics and minimal amount of selection ever displayed on screen. Apparently a ton of the voice controls are missing now as well.

*sigh*
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Haven't seen it yet, but the old version on the One was the worst Netflix app I had ever seen, hands down.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Funkmasterr wrote:Haven't seen it yet, but the old version on the One was the worst Netflix app I had ever seen, hands down.
If you're seen the Xbox 360, PS3 or most Smart TV's. It's like that. I liked the previous one. No nonsense and kinda like browsing a video store. Here are movies and TV shows. Choose that you want.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Looks like the Japan release was a success. I hope nobody got hurt in those massive queues!

Consoles in general aren't selling all that well in Japan. However I'll be surprised if the XBO doesn't at least beat the PS4 for the first week since the PS4 is only doing like 5k a week.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I'm surprised you posted the one with actual people. Kotaku had like 20 pictures of what looked liked garage doors with no one around.

Japan is the biggest contributor to Oculus demos/games, etc right now. I don't think Xbox has a chance in Japan but I still like the quirky stuff that comes out of Japan so I'm glad I'll be seeing that in VR.

We'll have to see how sales go in China for the Xbox. That could be huge.

http://kotaku.com/bizarre-new-xbox-ad-s ... 1630959140

Sony must have paid big to get ad exclusives, etc for Destiny. Hope it didn't bankrupt them!