The Official NextBox Thread!

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: The Official NextBox Thread!

Post by Winnow »

Xbox One has the better exclusives. PS4 has like one decent exclusive. Once the brainwash marketing hype fades, you're left with the Xbox One being the console for "gamerz" along with also being better at everything else.

Xbox One is doing just fine. What cracks me up is fanbois absolutely losing their grip over a 30 second optional controller update to the Xbox One controller because they, gasp, have to plug their controller into their console to do it when PS4 users have to do that nightly or have a dead controller. Some funny shit. Now, I don't blame anyone for being upset about having to plug a controller into a console but what a bunch of retards. Same morons will hail the update that dims the obnoxious PS4 controller light as being more ground breaking than the discovery of faster than light neutrinos. :roll:
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

More stuff I wouldn't want it to do. Why even mention PS4? Why not be like.. "Hey here's a cool thing XBO can do"? Why is the PS4 such a threat to you?

But enjoy your current 64 metacritic score game to show how awesome Kinect is(n't). Motion control is just a gimmick!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Winnow wrote:More stuff the PS4 can't do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lPS6m_bP8c&hd=1
pass
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Chidoro wrote:

pass
At least you can pas on it with the Xbox One. You can't pass on the poor placement of the joysticks with the PS4!
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Winnow wrote:
Chidoro wrote:

pass
At least you can pas on it with the Xbox One. You can't pass on the poor placement of the joysticks with the PS4!
well ok then
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Chidoro wrote:
Winnow wrote:
well ok then
Finally! Someone who gets it! :)
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

Winnow wrote:Xbox One has the better exclusives. PS4 has like one decent exclusive. Once the brainwash marketing hype fades, you're left with the Xbox One being the console for "gamerz" along with also being better at everything else.

Xbox One is doing just fine. What cracks me up is fanbois absolutely losing their grip over a 30 second optional controller update to the Xbox One controller because they, gasp, have to plug their controller into their console to do it when PS4 users have to do that nightly or have a dead controller. Some funny shit. Now, I don't blame anyone for being upset about having to plug a controller into a console but what a bunch of retards. Same morons will hail the update that dims the obnoxious PS4 controller light as being more ground breaking than the discovery of faster than light neutrinos. :roll:
I am looking forward to MLB14 on PS4, great EXCLUSIVE, less than a month away
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Tyek wrote:
I am looking forward to MLB14 on PS4, great EXCLUSIVE, less than a month away
It looks good. I almost downloaded the PS3 version a week or so ago to try it out.

http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/7jf ... how-review

According to the review and demonstration, the game has serious online studder and crash issues.

For anyone still interested in baseball, it looks like a solid game for single player. I know the euros really dig their FIFA. I can't seem to get into team sports games, even NFL.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:According to the review and demonstration, the game has serious online studder and crash issues.
They have said a fix is on the way. According to an interview I heard they redid the whole netcode for this version so makes sense some bugs may have gotten through. Not sure who would buy this game for online play though.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

The existence of the Xbox One version of upcoming action game The Amazing Spider-Man 2 has been called into question, with Activision telling MCV its fate is up in the air.

The game, slated to launch on April 29, is being published for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, Windows PC and Xbox 360. All mentions of the Xbox One version have been removed from the game's official website, with Activision stating that version is "TBD."

"We want to inform you that we are revising our release plans for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 on Xbox One," Activision said in a statement to MCV. "When and whether The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is released on Xbox One is TBD."

When contacted for comment, a representative for Activision told Polygon that the company is "working with Microsoft in an effort to release The Amazing Spider-Man 2 video game on Xbox One."
Yet another delayed (possibly cancelled) game for the XBO. Apparently the console is so bad they can't even get the game running on it without Microsoft's help!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sounds like scam by Sony who owns the rights to Spider-Man movies. Sony must have sold off another building to pay off Activision for the delay since the PS4 is so short on "next gen" exclusives.

Movie tie-in games blow 99% of the time. Name all of the great movie tie-in games over the past few years: *crickets*
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Sounds like scam by Sony who owns the rights to Spider-Man movies. Sony must have sold off another building to pay off Activision for the delay since the PS4 is so short on "next gen" exclusives.
Sounds plausible. However you might want to adjust your tinfoil hat I think it's on too tight.
Winnow wrote:Movie tie-in games blow 99% of the time. Name all of the great movie tie-in games over the past few years: *crickets*
Oh so now it's depending on the (perceived) quality of the game? You have an excuse for everything!

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Oddly enough, Amazing Spiderman 2 came out today on Xbox One as a digital download title after all the speculation etc..

Obviously Sony has marketing dollars and part of that was to not mention the XBO version at all. Could part of that marketing money be for Activision to actually say the title was on hold to boot?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Animalor wrote:Obviously Sony has marketing dollars and part of that was to not mention the XBO version at all. Could part of that marketing money be for Activision to actually say the title was on hold to boot?
Wow. You guys really come out of the woodwork with your conspiracy theories. I'm sure no "hush money" was paid by Sony to Activision. That's just dumb and something Winnow would say.

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Well the disk version as far as can be seen is still delayed as far as retail is concerned and ALL the promotion has been done with the PS family as lead consoles.

...and the movie is a Sony Picture....

But hey.. Perhaps you're right and Microsoft is the only company that throws "moneyhats" around..
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Animalor wrote:Well the disk version as far as can be seen is still delayed as far as retail is concerned and ALL the promotion has been done with the PS family as lead consoles.

...and the movie is a Sony Picture....

But hey.. Perhaps you're right and Microsoft is the only company that throws "moneyhats" around..
A lot of the Destiny promotional material has been done with PS as lead consoles.. And Watch Dogs.. And... It's a fairly common practice. That hardly points to anything sinister going on. I seem to remember a lot of Call of Duty promotional material that is/was Xbox specific.

Sony Pictures isn't SCE. I don't really see that strong of a connection. Activision is the publisher they'd want to sell as many copies of all versions as possible so it doesn't benefit them at all to hold a particular version back. And if the story got out it would make Sony look like a bunch of assholes. Sony is doing everything right these days and has the momentum so I don't think they'd do something that stupid for what more than likely wont be all that great of a game anyway. There simply isn't anything to be gained from it. So that's another reason why I doubt Sony had anything to do with the delay. Especially since the 360 version didn't see to have those sort of issues.

If there was an issue with the game not releasing it was more than likely on the part of Microsoft and not Sony. Obviously it wasn't a technical issue since the game did release today it was more than likely contractual in some way.

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Conspiracies are fun though! =).

I'm wondering if the disk version is the one delayed because they're having some soft of issue with their disk streaming tech or a bug in their "play while installing" feature that's a game breaker.

Regardless though. According to the unbiased chatter on other forums, the Xbox One has screen tearing issues, the AI is dumb in all version and it's a pretty mediocre game, one par with the average movie tie-in.

Tomorrow though!! Looking forward to Child of Light.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

A Kinect-less version of the Xbox One will be available June 9 for $399, Microsoft announced today.
And people said it would never happen.
According to Spencer, today's console announcement shouldn't be seen as a commentary on the Xbox One Kinect's success or lack thereof, but rather as one way in which Microsoft is listening to feedback from its consumers.
If by feedback you mean people not buying your shit... SURE.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I still have yet to take the cover off of my kinect camera. Then again, I haven't even turned the One on in weeks.
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

Mine is basically on only to watch Netflix, Youtube, and Twitch. I've been playing a lot more 360 since I got the One.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

The 360 is my Netflix machine in my bedroom, the One collects dust for the most part. The PS4 is what I use to play games and watch Netflix, and occasionally game on the PS3.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Other parts of today's announcements:

You will no longer need Xbox Live Gold to use streaming services(Netflix, Hulu etc)
Games with Gold will be starting up on the Xbox One soon with first games being Max: Curse of Brotherhood(Excellent) and Halo: Spartan Assault (Fun Halo as a twin stick shooter)
Gold Members on Xbox One will get free games and exclusive deals etc (A la PS+)

All in all great news imo. I still don't regret my Day One purchase of the Xbox One as we use the Kinect regularly. If not for voice commands then for gaming (the kids LOVE Just Dance 2013. Was something else to see 6 kids dancing simultaneously to it at my daughter's birthday party.)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

There's also an article about added processing power with the Kinect not being a requirement.

Meanwhile, Watch Dogs for PS4 no longer lists 1080P 60PFS in the specs posted for it.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Meanwhile, Watch Dogs for PS4 no longer lists 1080P 60PFS in the specs posted for it.
What an odd and random thing to add to the Xbox One thread.

How about just waiting for the game to come out? More than likely it will run better on the PS4 just like nearly all multiplatform games have thus far. It's funny how Boners are jumping all over this with "Sony Lies!" and shit like that. It's just text removed from a website nothing more nothing less.

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Winnow wrote:There's also an article about added processing power with the Kinect not being a requirement.

Meanwhile, Watch Dogs for PS4 no longer lists 1080P 60PFS in the specs posted for it.
I think that additional processing power means nothing unless they allow devs to completely shut off Kinect functionality when a game starts. I can't imagine that they'd do that given that the entire base up until June 9th will have a Kinect and will be expecting voice commands to work. Can you imagine if something happens that's OMGAWESOME and you can't go "Xbox Record that" because the devs turned it off?

I'd be pissed.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Watch Dogs will run at 30 frames per second on both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, with the PS4 version's resolution set at 900p and the Xbox One version's resolution coming in at 792p, publisher Ubisoft announced today.
SHOCK!
Games with Gold will be starting up on the Xbox One soon with first games being Max: Curse of Brotherhood(Excellent) and Halo: Spartan Assault (Fun Halo as a twin stick shooter)
Gold Members on Xbox One will get free games and exclusive deals etc (A la PS+)
Don't forget to mention that you no longer keep them forever. At least on the XBO I'm not sure if it's changed for 360. I'll leave that for someone who actually cares.

It's basically now a 'rental' like PS+ where if your subscription ends so does your ability to play the game. Yet another thing MS is stealing from Sony! Honestly that's the better solution anyway since it will mean better/newer games being offered.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

http://kotaku.com/xbox-lives-free-game- ... 1575666176

Xbox One free games starts next month.

Meanwhile Sony is no longer selling buildings to stay afloat but the CEO took a 50 percent cut in pay.
Sony downgraded its financial forecast earlier this month, and expects to report a 30 billion yen loss (around $294 million) for the year ending March 31.
We can all get behind exec making less money! Boo @ rich people!
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Aslanna wrote:It's basically now a 'rental' like PS+ where if your subscription ends so does your ability to play the game. Yet another thing MS is stealing from Sony! Honestly that's the better solution anyway since it will mean better/newer games being offered.
I had understood it to mean that games with gold would still offer 2 games for free regardless of subscription status and that the Gold VIP portion would be the one that would have games that expired with your subscription, alongside gold-exclusive deals etc... Either way it's a good change in the program. I did enjoy what PS+ offers.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Animalor wrote:I had understood it to mean that games with gold would still offer 2 games for free regardless of subscription status and that the Gold VIP portion would be the one that would have games that expired with your subscription, alongside gold-exclusive deals etc... Either way it's a good change in the program. I did enjoy what PS+ offers.
Could be. I didn't actually read the article! I've switched to the Winnow model of internet forum discussions.

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

MS is taking some black eyes in the process, but they're learning. A Kinect-less sku is exactly what they needed to bring themselves more in line with Sony, who is killing them right now. It is still the same price for a less powerful machine, but at least the sticker shock should be out of the equation. MS has done exactly nothing with Kinect 2.0 to justify it's requirement. They likely looked at their user data and realized the device was a colossal flop.

The damage may already be done though. Third party developers are using the PS4 as lead platform, which is the exact opposite of last gen.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fairweather Pure wrote: The damage may already be done though. Third party developers are using the PS4 as lead platform, which is the exact opposite of last gen.
That didn't stop the PS3 from making a late comeback last gen. This gen it's Microsoft making adjustments.

Watch Dogs = 920 res 30fps on PS4. Looks like with high end games, neither console will be pumping out 1080p @ 60fps. As with a lot of PS4 marketing hype, the original posted 1080P 60 fps wasn't even close yet it got people to buy the PS4, just like "launch" title Drive Club which will arrive a year late.

Sony is great at marketing.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Judging by the Tweets from Harmonix staff, MS didn't even give developers who are working on Kinect games a heads up. That's a shitty thing to do. Yikes.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Winnow wrote:Sony is great at marketing.
Lack of real competition makes it easy, I'd imagine.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fairweather Pure wrote:
Winnow wrote:Sony is great at marketing.
Lack of real competition makes it easy, I'd imagine.
Best exclusives are on Xbox One. Now that the Xbox is cheaper, there's more reason to go with Xbox One since PS4 can't handle 1080P/60 anyway.

PS4 will win this gen if Microsoft doesn't come up with it's own VR solution. Otherwise, it's still up in the air as to who will end up on top. Attach rate is still higher with Xbox One...meaning PS4 sucks worse than Xbox One and now the cheap crowd will be pleased at the price and Netflix/Hulu not being behind a pay wall anymore.

All signs point to Xbox One catching up to PS4.

Plus, Sony continues to lose money while Microsoft can't find enough bank vaults to hold all of the cash it's getting each quarter. They could give away Xbox Ones and still make money.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Best exclusives are on Xbox One.
Nice mantra. Say it enough times and it might come true. Like unicorns.
Now that the Xbox is cheaper, there's more reason to go with Xbox One since PS4 can't handle 1080P/60 anyway.
Obviously that's very dependent on the game and the developer. So far the PS4 handles it better than XBO does thanks to the more powerful hardware. How is that a reason to go with XBO? Your logic, if you can even call it that, never ceases to astound me.
Xbox One and now the cheap crowd will be pleased at the price and Netflix/Hulu not being behind a pay wall anymore.
Personally I don't see that as a big deal these days. Anyone who spent/spends $500 on an XBO solely to watch streaming media is a doofus. Most people who buy a PS4 or XBO will be using it to also play online games so will have the subscription regardless. Obviously it was a bigger deal last gen with PS3 not charging for things like Netflix. It's probably that which allowed the PS3 to eventually pass the 360 despite MS having a year head start!
All signs point to Xbox One catching up to PS4.
Maybe if you're dyslexic. Does it even matter? Even if it does manage to catch up, and that's a big if, the totals will probably be fairly close by the end of the consoles lifetime. The only difference this gen is MS will come in second instead of third like they did with the 360 trailing the Wii and the PS3.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

so mean!

Well the good news is I'm back in SNE. I picked up 1000 shares at 16.39 today after the stock plummeted again.

I like what Sony is doing. They've been trying hard to turn things around. With the stock back in the 16's, it looks like a buying opportunity to me. Who knows though. It might head back into the 15s.

Microsoft has the cash to make things right with teh Xbox. Sony has to execute perfectly due to their sorry financial state.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

What I find interesting is how you're basically giving MS a free pass on everything whereas if it were Sony you'd be all over them constantly. Some of the highlights:

- Worst E3 ever. Sports sports sports TV sports TV sports CALL OF DUTY (sports). Or was that their XBO reveal before E3? Both were pretty meh.

- Quickest 180 of all time.

- A next gen exclusive (Titanfall) that was supposed to light the world on fire and be a console seller but really didn't do either of those all that well. Despite them conveniently holding the 360 version back for weeks.

- Even with a price cut and a free game Microsoft came in second to the PS4. Effectively this Kinect-less XBO is $10 more than the $450 deal (assuming you wanted Titanfall or Forza 5) and you're getting less! And some even had a year of Live Gold thrown in. I'd be surprised if they really move a ton more at $400 but I may be biased because for me it was never about price. I was always going to be getting the PS4 over the XBO as I quit the Xbox ecosystem years ago.

- Multiplatform games that are almost always inferior to the PS4 version in some way.

- The terrible Gold for Games offerings. Terrible!

- And last but not least, the removal of the Kinect which they originally said was INTEGRAL to the whole experience. And as mentioned this isn't even as good a deal as some of the bundles that were being offered back in March/April. Sure it's cheaper but you are getting less. But the average person probably doesn't know that or care. And people who get that version wont be able to use voice commands because they only worked with the Kinect whereas with the PS4 you can use a standard mic. Talk about a fail! Basically you end up with a crippled, less powerful machine, with a terrible UI (terrible!). But hey.. At least it's the same price!

It's been one thing after another. Microsoft is in full reactive mode rather than proactive with everything they do. Despite that they've still sold probably 4 million by now so it's not like the XBO is a total failure. Why not stick to your vision instead of basically offering a less powerful PS4? So you come in second place in sales big deal. You were going to do that anyway. It's just a matter of by how much.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I'm rooting for Sony do do well while defending Microsoft from some of the crazier comments made. It's Sony fanbois that ate up all of the marketing hype Sony spewed out that caused issues with Microsoft's "vision". Microsoft actually had the better offering for the future but wasn't able to sell it to the fanbois.

I'd still rather have Microsoft's original console and digital process but hey, they can't sell a better vision if morons out there aren't buying it.

I'll admit that Microsoft should have waited until it could produce a console that would reliably output 1080P at 60fps, and let Sony flail away with a lessor console. As it stands, neither console can do it for high end games. In this case, it would have benefited Microsoft to wait.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

Winnow wrote:I'm rooting for Sony do do well while defending Microsoft from some of the crazier comments made. It's Sony fanbois that ate up all of the marketing hype Sony spewed out that caused issues with Microsoft's "vision". Microsoft actually had the better offering for the future but wasn't able to sell it to the fanbois.

I'd still rather have Microsoft's original console and digital process but hey, they can't sell a better vision if morons out there aren't buying it.

I'll admit that Microsoft should have waited until it could produce a console that would reliably output 1080P at 60fps, and let Sony flail away with a lessor console. As it stands, neither console can do it for high end games. In this case, it would have benefited Microsoft to wait.
No one here has said anything crazy

except you.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Tyek wrote:
No one here has said anything crazy

except you.
enlighten me.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Winnow wrote: It's Sony fanbois that ate up all of the marketing hype Sony spewed out that caused issues with Microsoft's "vision". Microsoft actually had the better offering for the future but wasn't able to sell it to the fanbois.
:vv_bonk:
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Witcher dev says 1080p vs 720p is 'a PR differentiation

We're not sure at what resolution The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will run on consoles, but Marcin Iwinski, co-founder of developer CD Projekt, doesn't seem to believe it matters much. "It's more of a PR differentiation," Iwinski told Eurogamer.

"We had the debate in the studio about it and actually asked our tech guys to explain how it works," Iwinski said. "And they sent me some complicated graphs that if I have this size of the screen, and I sit one meter or two meters from it, then I might be able to see the difference."

Iwinski said he and his team are still working on maximizing each system's power, but that there were no plans to place artificial restrictions to make the game run the same across platforms. "It's against our values to dumb anything down for the sake of some business arrangement," he said.
Sony is good at marketing!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Whatever makes you feel better about your inferior console!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

IDC research manager Lewis Ward told the site that Microsoft's "change will be enough to push the Xbox One installed base higher than PS4 in the U.S. and Canada in 2015," eclipsing IDC's previous estimation of it taking until 2016 for Xbox One to win-out. However, Ward notes that he expects PlayStation 4 will keep the global lead, at least through 2016.
And away we gooooo

Sony is fortunate Kinect was initially bundled or it may never of had a lead.

ps: don't give a fuck about the rest of the world that can barely afford a can of spam
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Get back to us in 2015 and let us know how that's going. If there's anyone still here.
Winnow wrote:don't give a fuck about the rest of the world
lolz. Same way the rest of the world doesn't give a fuck about the XBO.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Layoffs hit Rare following Kinect Sports Rivals flop
Flop!
Microsoft-owned developer Rare has suffered layoffs after the release of Xbox One exclusive Kinect Sports Rivals failed to set tills alight, Eurogamer can reveal.
Microsoft studios letting people go left and right! I'm sure Winnow will come up with an answer to why it's not a big deal when studios on the MS side have layoffs and game delays but when it happens on Sony's side it's all OMG SELL ALL YOUR STOCK ASAP.
Microsoft also declined to explain why the changes were made, but the sales performance of the recently-released Kinect Sports Rivals may have played a part. It had been intended as an Xbox One launch title, but was delayed to April. When it did release, it entered the UK all-formats chart in 14th place. One source indicated to Eurogamer Rare suffered a significant loss on the project.

Last week Xbox boss Phil Spencer described the launch of Kinect Sports Rivals as "successful"
Successful in what way? Surely not financial. That and the game was delayed 5 months so that's another miss. Unless his definition of successful is that it launched at all. In which case mission accomplished.

That's why I don't believe anything Spencer says. I know everyone has been praising him but the dude is a used-car salesman who tells people what they want to hear. Whatever it takes for people to buy that lemon of a game console!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Xbox One June Patch will add External hard drive support among other things.
The Xbox One's June update is headlined by external storage support, allowing users to connect up to two 256GB or larger USB 3.0 external drives to the system.

On external storage support, Microsoft says Xbox One owners can choose which of their drives, including the internal 500GB drive, is the default location for new game installs and so on. Microsoft also notes players can install games to an external drive, plug that drive to another Xbox One, and sign in or insert a disc to start playing there.
Nice to be able to plug and play every game on your external hard drive on another Xbox One.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Latest Xbox One update rolling out:

best addition:
The headline addition is the external storage support, which lets you connect up to two 256GB-plus USB 3.0 drives to the Xbox One. You can also choose which of the drives is your default for installs, including the internal 500GB number. Not a bad addition considering current-gen game installs seem to often hit the half-century mark for GBs.
Nice.