The Official NextBox Thread!

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: The Official NextBox Thread!

Post by Kluden »

Yeah, that's the third retailer now. I'm thinking the $50 price drop is hitting the states, and tigerdirect, walmart, and others are jumping the gun a little on the official price drop.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Kluden wrote:Yeah, that's the third retailer now. I'm thinking the $50 price drop is hitting the states, and tigerdirect, walmart, and others are jumping the gun a little on the official price drop.

Best Buy price matched the $450 as well so now you can pretty much get an Xbox One with Kinect 2 and the best game available on next gen systems for 50.00 more than a PS4. You get a Kinect 2 and Titanfall for the extra 50.00. Not bad.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

I'll still wait for the next round of drops, the $299 xbone that doesn't have the stupid kinect, and takes into account the inferior hardware, and is priced accordingly vs the competition! I'm not interested in titanfall. Since its just a partial game, I would be ok with it at $20 or less, like a DLC, since that's basically all it is. I like to play solo campaigns.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

The inferior hardware thing always gets me.

On paper, the Xbox 360 also had "inferior hardware" yet the experiences between the two devices for gaming were pretty much on par. I see it being pretty much the same this gen, regardless of what the pixel counters at Digital Foundry say.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Animalor wrote:The inferior hardware thing always gets me.

On paper, the Xbox 360 also had "inferior hardware" yet the experiences between the two devices for gaming were pretty much on par. I see it being pretty much the same this gen, regardless of what the pixel counters at Digital Foundry say.
I see video lag pretty common in every game I've played on the One. I've rarely, if ever seen it on the PS4. If the hardware between the two are the same, people sure are having a hard time refining shit for the One compared to the PS4.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Animalor wrote:The inferior hardware thing always gets me.

The difference was that the cell was a bitch to develope for and the programming tools the PS3 had at launch were a joke. Remove those barriers, add superior tech, and you have a console that is technically superior the other. Having double the framerate and superior resolution all for $100 less is a very big deal. The difference between the PS3 and 360 was never as wide or obvious than between the PS4 and the Xbone except gor a handful of instances. (Bayonetta a launch comes to mind. Ghostbusters too.)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fairweather Pure wrote: Having double the framerate and superior resolution all for $100 less is a very big deal.
It doesn't have double the framerate and on some games the Xbox one is better than the PS4.

Why not just lose all credibility and say the PS4 is 50% faster like Fairweather used to do?

DX12!
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

"Inferior" is just what I used to shorten what I mean. Its probable the wrong adjective to use. What I mean by using it, though, is that the xbone and ps4 have the same APU, one has more cores/gpu units, etc. This would take more power, more circuitry, more design, more everything to utilize. All that more costs more money. So what I meant by inferior hardware, I should have said, "less expensive APU, and less expensive design to implement the less expensive APU, enabling the base price of the console to be less than the competitor." Which, even after this $50 price drop...is not where I consider it to be.

With all that said, a price drop will certainly help all those xbones on the shelves start moving again, along with the freebie of the DLC game Titanfall. I hope it works. Will drive the price down of both systems faster, competition makes these console wars so much better for our wallets.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Microsoft is pretty desperate to win March sales, and probably will now, so that's why you're seeing the push at this point of the month. Just including Titanfall for free wasn't doing enough to ignite sales. Sony was outselling them and that would have been embarrassing considering the Titanfall hype. So they're willing to take the initial hit on profit since, as Winnow is always keen to point out, they got deep pockets and can afford to. Sony is in no position to do anything similar.

As far as the hardware itself goes. There's no use arguing it here as it's pretty much been demonstrated by many analysis on many sites that the PS4 hardware is simply better. For exclusives that pretty much means shit. On multi-platform games that could mean better resolution/fps on the PS4 version or equal across the two depending on how much the developer wants to mess around with it. You see this now in MANY games and it's due solely to the performance of the XBO so that can't even be denied. Will developers get better at squeezing juice out of the XBO and 'close the gap''? More than likely.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

Anyone else need to constantly reboot (unplug) their Xbox because either the Marketplace doesn't show up any more or Kinect commands stop responding? It's getting rather annoying.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Lynks wrote:Anyone else need to constantly reboot (unplug) their Xbox because either the Marketplace doesn't show up any more or Kinect commands stop responding? It's getting rather annoying.
Never had that issue. Good luck!
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

OK...maybe now its worth it. Xbone is $399 on amazon with code XIAMAZON...well, when its not sold out. I assume it got slick dealed...but that's the right price.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Kluden wrote:OK...maybe now its worth it. Xbone is $399 on amazon with code XIAMAZON...well, when its not sold out. I assume it got slick dealed...but that's the right price.
Apparently that was a misdeal and only lasted like 30 minutes so... still not worth it.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Things are so bad at MS for the XBO even their 'Jack Tretton' is jumping ship and getting out while the getting is good!
Xbox VP Marc Whitten leaves Microsoft

Marc Whitten, chief product officer for Xbox, is leaving Microsoft after 14 years with the company, according to an announcement posted to Xbox.com.
Can't say I blame him with Xbox becoming (continuing to be) a money pit. I can't imagine their losses for year one once you take R&D into consideration. With bundles now going for $450 they are in full desperation mode and just throwing good money after bad. Investors need to get them to dump this division ASAP!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Xbox is no worse off than Sony when it comes to issues with making money with their consoles. I'm sure you've seen my post of the day over on the PS4 thread. Endless layoffs and delays.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Xbox is no worse off than Sony when it comes to issues with making money with their consoles.
Not even sure how you can say that. Sony hasn't thrown in a $60 retail game as well as running sales for $50 off the console (and a price cut in the UK) a mere 4 months after launch. If I were an investor I wouldn't be worried about the PlayStation division at this time but I would be worried about the Xbox and the money pit it currently is!
I'm sure you've seen my post of the day over on the PS4 thread. Endless layoffs and delays.
I saw it and thought it was stupid. Which is what prompted me to make my over the top post here. To compare and contrast it with your posts to show you how ridiculous they are. Going forward I'm not even going to bother responding to anything involving studio layoffs or game delays. Both of which are normal occurrences in the game industry. Or any industry really. At least in the real world that isn't your imagination.
Microsoft wrote:This is not a price drop on Xbox One. The Microsoft retail stores often set prices and run promotions in line with the rest of the retail industry, ensuring that its customers always get a good value for the devices and services purchased from the stores. The current online and physical Microsoft retail store price is not reflective of an MSRP price drop on Xbox One, which is still priced at $499 USD.
Better pick one up while you can!

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Xbox Live connectivity issues are affecting various services across both Xbox 360 and Xbox One, including playing multiplayer games online and buying add-on content, according to the Xbox Live status page.
Man, XBL has been having issues all day. This is almost becoming a weekly occurrence over there. Maybe 300,000 servers isn't enough!

Of course Winnow will find some way to turn it into a PSN slam.

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Microsoft appoints Phil Spencer as head of Xbox. Looks like they put someone at the top who gets it.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... amers.aspx
“My goal, first and foremost, is to make sure that everybody understands that Xbox is a gaming brand and it’s going to be gaming first,”
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Isn't he basically saying the same thing Sony has for like.. ever since they announced the PS4? And for what Winnow has been ragging on Sony for nearly as long? Haha.. Priceless.

I guess the TV TV TV SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS CALL OF DUTY manta wasn't doing enough to ignite sales.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

It's embarrassing how much they've changed their tune with the One so far...It's at a point where saying "well at least they're trying to change perception" is just bullshit. At the very least, everyone that had any decision making power in all the shit they've changed their tune on thus far should be fired. But really I'm starting to agree that MS needs to just give it up and sell their games division to someone else who can run it competently.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I'll take a company that changes and adapts to conditions vs a company that pumps out the same damn flawed joysticks controller every generation. Don't get why people get mad about a company changing things for the better. Are you people upset that Playstation Live doesn't suck as much as it used to? Would you have been happier if they maintained the complete suckage it was?
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Winnow wrote:I'll take a company that changes and adapts to conditions
You make it sound much better than what it actually is. They are attempting to fix their mistakes. Nothing more, nothing less. The position they are in is nobody's fault but their own. This generation was theirs to lose, and they lost it. Much like last gen was Sony's to lose and they lost it.

I'm glad MS is singing a different tune though. A humble company is a better company. See PS3 vs PS4 as an example.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:I'll take a company that changes and adapts to conditions
Don't get why people get mad about a company changing things for the better.
Where was that attitude when it came to layoffs and an unannounced (omg the horror!) game being canceled over at Sony? Yeah I thought so. Hypocrite! You'd much rather be all phoney baloney with your fake outrage. You totally suck at spinning. Much like FOX News.

Oh and I never had an issue playing online games on my PS3 so not sure how you think PSN (Yes.. PlayStation Network not PlayStation Live) was so sucky. Yeah yeah.. Hack.. Party chat (not even network related).. blah blah.. I'm talking about the actual act of using the service. There was nothing wrong with it.

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

If some of you hate the fact that your game console is even hooked into your TV, please feel free to skip this..

Microsoft announced some OneGuide and Smartglass improvements yesterday. The OneGuide TV listings and DVR controls went live in some territories outside the US(Yay).

http://www.engadget.com/2014/04/01/xbox ... glass-dvr/

Well when I got home and turned on my Xbox, all this stuff was now working, including the full guide listing. A bit later on in the evening the beta versions of the new apps came out for Windows Phone, Windows 8 and Android.

The thing works exactly as advertised and works exceedingly well. You can completely control your DVR, channel and volume from the thing, browse your DVR recordings and even control your playback (play, pause, rewind etc.)

The only thing that wasn't working for me was the OneGuide listing on Smartglass itself and I reported it to them via their feedback button. Within 15 minutes, a dev got back to me via e-mail and asked for screenshots and who my cable provider was. I had never had that happen to me before with ANY consumer software maker before. I was a bit blown away.

They've even put in power controls that allow you to power each device independently(TV, DVR, Audio Conponents etc) or turn off everything at the same time. Ironically however, the only thing it doesn't turn off is the Xbox itself. This is a really slick experience.

Frankly, my only problem with it is that it takes a few seconds for the device to come back from sleep, then for wifi to reconnect and then for smartglass to reconnect to the Xbox. I've played with it on Android(Nexus 7) and my Windows Phone and both work great. The beta app doesn't appear to be live in the Canadian Windows 8 Store yet. Hopefully it appears sometime today so I can use my surface with it to see how that works.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

While Microsoft may have named a new leader of its Xbox gaming division this week, other members of that team got word on Wednesday they won't be working at the company anymore. At least two now ex-employees have posted word online they were laid off from Microsoft Studios in Redmond.
With all that money MS has to throw at the Xbox they're still laying people off. Sounds like desperate times over there just to scrounge a few dollars profit! Maybe if they wouldn't have gave all that money to EA they wouldn't have to throw people out on the street. I wouldn't be surprised if they've cancelled an unannounced game or two as well.
Microsoft wrote:“At Xbox, our goal is to constantly create new fun, social and interactive entertainment experiences. As part of our commitment to this goal, we are always evaluating our development priorities, and there are times when decisions need to be made to realign plans and refocus our efforts.

“Microsoft Studios continues to grow as an overall organization as we focus and invest in key priority areas that will drive future profitable growth.”
You're not fooling anybody Microsoft!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

probably two crap employees. I'll be happy to post the massive layoff, cancellation/delay list from Sony game companies if you want to see if this actually evens out.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

It says "at least two".

Just funny to see how you spin the same shit that happens at Sony studios. When it happens there it's "OMG SONY SUCKS SO MUCH EVERYONE IS FLEEING".

But yeah feel free to post a MASSIVE CANCELLATION/DELAY LIST FROM SONY GAME COMPANIES since it will be anything but massive. You got what.. Dive Club? Along with some UNANNOUNCED game lolz.

The point is don't post every stupid (seemingly) negative Sony article because what goes around comes around and it just makes you look like an idiot.

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

One of these 2 was Elbert Perez. I follow him on Twitter.

He was one of the very early Windows Phone 7 developpers who focused exclusively on games. His games ended up getting very good ratings on the store and did very well. Microsoft hired him about 18 months ago if I recall.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Animalor wrote:One of these 2 was Elbert Perez. I follow him on Twitter.

He was one of the very early Windows Phone 7 developpers who focused exclusively on games. His games ended up getting very good ratings on the store and did very well. Microsoft hired him about 18 months ago if I recall.

Looks like he's developing for Android as well and was working with some third party. He worked on Ryse so Aslanna should be happy he's gone since the metcritic ratings were as low as a PS4 game!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Some Xbox Live users are experiencing difficulty purchasing content and game subscriptions for the Xbox One, according to the official Xbox Live status page.

"Our engineers are working diligently to get everything back on the up-and-up as quickly as possible," the page reads.

Xbox Live's other services appear to be functioning as normal. Further updates are expected shortly.
Another week another round of Xbox Live issues. Poor hamsters... Gold users should start demanding refunds!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

http://kotaku.com/take-a-look-at-how-mi ... 1557822675

The power of the cloud!
Microsoft's talked about how their next-gen cloud infrastructure is going to change things for video games. Today, they finally showed what that looks like.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

So that hour or so I was inconvenienced with login issues the night Titanfall launched? I just got a message from MS over Live that I'm getting 7 extra days of Live Gold as a "we're sorry"..
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Animalor wrote:So that hour or so I was inconvenienced with login issues the night Titanfall launched? I just got a message from MS over Live that I'm getting 7 extra days of Live Gold as a "we're sorry"..
Sounds like you're easily bought!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Animalor wrote:So that hour or so I was inconvenienced with login issues the night Titanfall launched? I just got a message from MS over Live that I'm getting 7 extra days of Live Gold as a "we're sorry"..
1 hour down, 168 hours given.

Better ratio of granted extra time to down time than Sony gave after their catastrophe! Solid customer service even for minimal down times. If it was ever down for a day they might use their 70 BILLION in cash and give every Xbox One owner $14,000. They'll just make the money back anyway and they'd still have more money than Sony!

More good news for Xbox One:
Windows apps announced for Xbox One: Is Steam in the cards?

Are you ready for full-fledged Windows apps on your Xbox One? As revealed at the Build 2014 conference, Microsoft is hard at work to deliver universal applications across all of its platforms — including the Xbox One. While this isn’t exactly the “buy once, run anywhere” future we quite hoped for, it does open up avenues for really interesting partnerships. Theoretically, even a third-party store like Steam could make its way onto the major consoles, and completely alter the gaming business.
http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/17980 ... -the-cards

more good news for Xbox One
1080p for all? Performance gap between Xbox One and PS4 is fading away, Oddworld dev says

"So I would say, months ago, there was a wider gap," Lanning said. "Part of it was the development systems." Lanning explained that he often heard developers lament that it took "twice as long" in some cases to get assets on Xbox One compared to PS4.

But as developers have gotten accustomed to the Xbox One and its development architecture, they are learning how to better take advantage of the system to maximize its potential, Lanning said.

"We're hearing and seeing that that curve is getting closer," Lanning said. "I think they've been improving the toolset really fast, improving the development environment, and shaving that curve down… I think they're getting comparable."

Lanning described the PS4 as an "amazing" system, from a technical standpoint, but pointed out that Sony's console and the Xbox One are now closer than ever before.
more good news for Xbox One
Xbox One Getting External Game Storage Soon, Says Major Nelson
Good stuff!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:
Windows apps announced for Xbox One: Is Steam in the cards?

Are you ready for full-fledged Windows apps on your Xbox One? As revealed at the Build 2014 conference, Microsoft is hard at work to deliver universal applications across all of its platforms — including the Xbox One. While this isn’t exactly the “buy once, run anywhere” future we quite hoped for, it does open up avenues for really interesting partnerships. Theoretically, even a third-party store like Steam could make its way onto the major consoles, and completely alter the gaming business.
Yeah.. Steam app? That will never happen so "theoretically" is right.
1080p for all? Performance gap between Xbox One and PS4 is fading away, Oddworld dev says

"So I would say, months ago, there was a wider gap," Lanning said. "Part of it was the development systems." Lanning explained that he often heard developers lament that it took "twice as long" in some cases to get assets on Xbox One compared to PS4.

But as developers have gotten accustomed to the Xbox One and its development architecture, they are learning how to better take advantage of the system to maximize its potential, Lanning said.

"We're hearing and seeing that that curve is getting closer," Lanning said. "I think they've been improving the toolset really fast, improving the development environment, and shaving that curve down… I think they're getting comparable."

Lanning described the PS4 as an "amazing" system, from a technical standpoint, but pointed out that Sony's console and the Xbox One are now closer than ever before.
lol old news. And incorrect. You need to keep up:
Performance Gap Between PS4 & X1 Not Disappearing
A few days ago, XboxAchievements posted an excerpt of an interview with Lorne Lanning, titled “Performance Gap Between Xbox One And PS4 Will Disappear, Says Oddworld Creator“.

We had already scheduled an interview of our own with Just Add Water CEO Stewart Gilray, so I took the opportunity to ask him about this, since the article garnered a lot of attention on the Web. It turns out that Lanning had been completely misinterpreted, and in truth it would be “physically impossible” for Xbox One performance to align with PlayStation 4′s:
Actually that is NOT what he said. I spoke to Lorne afterwards and what he meant when speaking to that guy was that budgets, schedules and perceivable differences would narrow, NOT that the Xbox One performance is improving to align with PS4, that is just physically impossible. The PS4 has MORE COMPUTE units, and faster memory and a whole bunch of things, that would make that physically impossible to happen
As I imagined, then, Lanning had been merely referring to development costs and the likes, certainly not the performance – the hardware can’t change, after all, and there is only so much that a driver update can do.
Yeah. Real good news for XBO. PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE! I don't know why Xbox people can't seem to accept that. That doesn't mean game performance wont improve but hardware is hardware and unless MS revises theirs the PS4 will always have the performance advantage.

Oops.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Xbox One with Titanfall and 1 year of XBL for $450

http://kotaku.com/target-has-the-450-xb ... 1559399679

Better deal than a PS4 if you like Titanfall.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

http://news.xbox.com/2014/04/ent-gopro-on-xbox-360

Upload to YouTube feature being added to the YouTube app tomorrow(Apr 8th). Can't do this straight from the Upload Studio sadly but once you're done editing in there, flip over to the YouTube app and upload from there.

MS is killing it with these application-level updates that don't require full OS patches.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:here's a new Kinect Sports Rivals video that just came out:

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/02/12/kinec ... _truncated

Looks pretty fun.
Reviews starting to come out. Rocking a 65 on Metacritic! Perhaps the next Kinect game won't suck. But being that it's motion control I wouldn't hold your breath.
Kinect Sports Rivals feels cheap. A few of the multiplayer games – namely tennis and water racing – are fun in short bursts, but other games – bowling and target shooting – are duds, even with another person. The biggest challenge in gameplay is often hassling with the Kinect and, overall, the games themselves are insultingly simple
I'm sure it's fine for the 10% of the gaming population that the Kinect works 100% for. (Which explains the few 80s scores so far!)

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Who cares about sports games when you can Watch Game of Thrones on Xbox for freeeeee
Game of Thrones' season premiere is free to watch on Xbox this week

If you missed out on Game of Thrones' season 4 premiere when it first aired -- say, because of the HBO Go meltdown -- you're in for a treat this week. HBO is giving all Xbox users free access to the episode between April 8th and April 14th, whether or not they're subscribers to the premium TV service.
Don't even need XBL.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Not sure what one episode is going to do for anyone.

HBO really needs to offer Go as a stand-alone service. I'd probably subscribe for 1-2 months a year and just marathon watch all the shows from the previous year. But other than that it's not worth it to me to pay for cable just for HBO.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:Not sure what one episode is going to do for anyone.

HBO really needs to offer Go as a stand-alone service. I'd probably subscribe for 1-2 months a year and just marathon watch all the shows from the previous year. But other than that it's not worth it to me to pay for cable just for HBO.

Maybe if the response is good Microsoft will give HBO one of their many billions of dollars and include HBO with XBL. That would justify the cost of XBL all by itself. If not that, add a subscription option for HBO.

The cable companies must pay a ton for HBO. It's clear HBO is losing out on a lot of potential revenue by not offering HBO as an internet streaming service.

Microsoft is also adding 6 new shows of original programming.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Maybe if the response is good Microsoft will give HBO one of their many billions of dollars and include HBO with XBL. That would justify the cost of XBL all by itself.
Yeah. That will happen in like... never. Unless you're a citizen of Crazytown. You can't even utilize the HBO Go app without having a Gold subscription.
Microsoft is also adding 6 new shows of original programming.
TV TV TV Television TV TV (Sports. Call of Duty). Don't care!

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

but look at the beautiful placement of the buttons...
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Well if the GAF forums are any indication. Microsoft is doing a pretty effective job at turning the tide of perception from the core gamers.

Putting out solid, frequent updates to the platform quickly versus adding support for a headset and "Stability Updates" seem to be swaying the crowd.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Animalor wrote:Well if the GAF forums are any indication. Microsoft is doing a pretty effective job at turning the tide of perception from the core gamers.

Putting out solid, frequent updates to the platform quickly versus adding support for a headset and "Stability Updates" seem to be swaying the crowd.
That's all it takes to "sway the crowd"? Man.. "Core gamers" are a fickle bunch, apparently.

My PS4 works just fine with its current platform. Additions will come I'm in no hurry. The console does what I bought a console to do: Play games.

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Aslanna wrote:"Core gamers" are a fickle bunch, apparently.
This is one point that requires no debate. The launch of the PS3 and now the Xbox One proves that.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Animalor wrote:Well if the GAF forums are any indication. Microsoft is doing a pretty effective job at turning the tide of perception from the core gamers.

Really, because the first update they've made that I've gave a shit about was to add support for "older" headsets. I still feel like the PS4 is a far superior product and Sony is handling basically everything better. How quick they are updating features on their console that have nothing to do with gaming doesn't mean jack shit to me... But I guess Neogaf is the end all be all?!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

To be fair, Edge is a European publication. The Xbone is not doing very well over there but I think it's doing just fine in the US. The Xbone isn't even a factor in Japan, and never will be. And if the Xbone is doing "badly", then the WiiU is doing several dozen times worse.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Animalor wrote:
Aslanna wrote:"Core gamers" are a fickle bunch, apparently.
This is one point that requires no debate. The launch of the PS3 and now the Xbox One proves that.
I think it proves that hardcore gamers are more informed than the vast majority of consumers. "Fickle" implies it's just a casual, almost indifferent thought process when it is actually quite the opposite. We should be glad that, by and large, tech nerds tend to flock towards the best product.