The Official NextBox Thread!

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Re: The Official NextBox Thread!

Post by Animalor »

I went to a friends house who has an XBO as well and signing in to his Xbox with my credentials and having access to all my digital stuff and save games is pretty awesome.

We installed AC4 and I showed that to him (the beginning and the open world section(spoiler free) from my save game.

We also downloaded and I had him play Crimson Dragon which he also enjoyed quite a bit, despite the reviews to the contrary.

Streamed bits of my copy of Star Trek Into Darkness to test the quality on his amazing rig (70", 1080p TV, crazy surround sound etc, the guy is an eternal bachelor and his whole house is a man cave. He also owns a Tesla S). Suffice to say the result is amazing. He says that with TV's of this size, you can just leave stuff snapped and the main part of the screen is still more than big enough.

He's says that he does notice slight image degradation from the XBO passthrough, with blacks being ever so slightly less black however having the benefits of the dash overlay/uber-Skype and the rest make up for it.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

After applying a typical usage pattern to these power measurements, NRDC found the Xbox One uses more energy per year than the PS4 due to its very high connected standby power level, the mode where the boxes reside for most of the day. This “always listening” feature is responsible for almost half of the Xbox One’s annual energy use and consumes more electricity annually than the 50-inch TV to which it might be connecte
d.

Not only does XBO cost $100 but also costs more to operate (and is less powerful). Obviously PS4 is the better choice all around!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
After applying a typical usage pattern to these power measurements, NRDC found the Xbox One uses more energy per year than the PS4 due to its very high connected standby power level, the mode where the boxes reside for most of the day. This “always listening” feature is responsible for almost half of the Xbox One’s annual energy use and consumes more electricity annually than the 50-inch TV to which it might be connecte
d.

Not only does XBO cost $100 but also costs more to operate (and is less powerful). Obviously PS4 is the better choice all around!
My 46" Samsung Backlit LED cost about $15/year in power so what kind of difference in per year cost are we talking between the Xbox One and PS4?

Betting the difference won't be much between the two.

At least cheapskates can turn the Xbox One off completely and not have to worry about their controller not charging when you can replace the batteries that cost 7 cents to recharge, avoiding the lame cable and controller hanging out of the front of your console and having to plug the stupid controller in at the end of each night or risk playing wired the next day.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Whatever you just said!

--
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

Don't know how it is for the PS4 but load times for Dead Rising 3 and Zoo Tycoon are horrible.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Lynks wrote:Don't know how it is for the PS4 but load times for Dead Rising 3 and Zoo Tycoon are horrible.
Load times are slow on both PS4 and Xbox One. At least there's plenty or ram on each system to load huge levels into for less "zoning" in games this generation.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I've heard a lot more people complain about load/install times on the XBO than PS4.

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Aslanna wrote:I've heard a lot more people complain about load/install times on the XBO than PS4.
Start up is a lot slower on xbone too.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fairweather Pure wrote:
Aslanna wrote:I've heard a lot more people complain about load/install times on the XBO than PS4.
Start up is a lot slower on xbone too.
Huh? You must not be going into standby on your Xbox One. It resumes faster than the PS4.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I always power my systems completely down.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Fairweather Pure wrote:I always power my systems completely down.
Also, I have no idea why anyone would want to power their system completely down. Expect maybe the XBO which continues to suck the juice like some sort of electrical Dracula.

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Aslanna wrote:
Also, I have no idea why anyone would want to power their system completely down. Expect maybe the XBO which continues to suck the juice like some sort of electrical Dracula.
I have 5 consoles. I can easily go a week or more without playing one. It's just a waste of power unless you are using it constantly.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:
Because of you multiply the energy it's using by all the people that have these consoles, it's a ton of wasted energy and pollution that doesn't need to happen to save you a couple of seconds.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I'm so proud of you energy conservationists!

lol

I leave my PC on 24/7. No way in hell I'm going to completely turn off a console instead of energy efficient standby mode to save 2 cents. Maybe you people can drink one less coke a year out of a vending machine and call it even while also being less fat. Unless you have hybrids, you're spending assloads in gas a year that would tally up to way more than the 2 cents you save with your greenpeace console power downs.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I'm more concerned about saving money on my energy bill than saving the planet.

Every little bit helps!

In Germany (I think?) vampire devices are outlawed.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:
Aslanna wrote:
Because of you multiply the energy it's using by all the people that have these consoles, it's a ton of wasted energy and pollution that doesn't need to happen to save you a couple of seconds.
I was actually mocking his response about people wanting to view Vita on a large TV. That and the excessive XBO power usage while "always listening". Move on. Nothing more to see here.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Stuck with a less powerful console with a crappy Metro UI does sound pretty bad. I'd run away tooooo!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Looks like Warframe, one of the few PS4 launch titles (also on PC) I enjoyed is possibly coming to the Xbox One:

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/12/31/warfr ... _truncated

For both platforms, Project Cars looks really promising:

http://kotaku.com/ridiculously-gorgeous ... 1492116063
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Some Xbox One owners who subscribe to broadband internet service from Comcast are currently unable to play games over Wi-Fi due to a bug with IPv6 network addresses
hahaha Microsfot's weaksauce networking abilities crack me up! Or should I say lack of abilities. Obviously an inferior product both hardware and software-wise.
Last edited by Aslanna on January 2, 2014, 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sounds like Comcast sucks not Microsoft!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Doesn't sound that way to me. PS4 users are able to play their games online!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

"December NPD Group figures released today revealed Xbox One was the number one selling console in the market in the U.S., selling 908,000 units in December. Additionally, Xbox 360 continued to see strong momentum with 643,000 units sold in December, putting it in the number three spot overall, and lead for last generation hardware," a prepared statement on Microsoft's press site reads.
I guess there's that. Actual figures. Xbox 360 ends up #1 last gen. Xbox One off to a good start this gen!

XBox One exclusives sold 3x better than PS4 exclusives.. And Xbox One also sold more games overall.. Some things never change! Back to your pr0n PS4 peeps!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Other good news for Microsoft comes in the form of the top ten games sold within the same month, with the Xbox One holding six of the top 10 spots on the chart that tracks next generation titles. Microsoft’s success there comes courtesy of “Battlefield 4,” “Forza Motorsport 5,” “Dead Rising 3,” “Ryse: Son of Rome,” “Madden NFL 25” and “Call of Duty: Ghosts.”
Continuing the good news for Xbox One, it looks like Microsoft has been busy selling the most consoles and most games, both exclusive and non exclusives, while Sony's stock has plunged from 22 to 17/share since the release of the next gen consoles. Somehow the PS4 exclusives are missing altogether from the top ten list while all three of Xbox One's are there.

for gamerz!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Microsoft should just buy Sony at this point. SNE's market cap is down to 17.3B They could just do it as a write off but at this point with Sony's assets, it night be worth it to gobble them up. That's a really low market cap for a company like Sony.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Well considering Microsoft had to pay YouTubers money to say good things about the XBO it seems they have some extra spending cash laying around. So maybe they'll take it into consideration.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:Well considering Microsoft had to pay YouTubers money to say good things about the XBO it seems they have some extra spending cash laying around. So maybe they'll take it into consideration.
They have about 70 Billion in cash on hand.

53 Billion Cash and Sony would be OK. Might have to pay double so ~40B and Sony

They make 4 or 5 Billion a quarter so would make it up pretty quick even if they got zero out of Sony which they wouldn't since they could sell a lot of their divisions off.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I bought some shares of SNE a few minutes after typing my last post at 16.74. With all the rosy stats Aslanna's been posting it has to go up. Doesn't it???

I actually bought it based on market cap. Something's got to give. As cheap as they are, with hedge funds screwing with them, if the stock doesn't go up on it's own, a buyout or splitting up the company will cause it to go up. Max pain for me would be 16/share.

edit: might dump them tomorrow. This article shows how deep a shit Sony is in:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-01-2 ... cmpid=yhoo

As for Microsoft today:
Microsoft's Q2: record $24.52 billion revenue and 3.9 million Xbox One sales

Microsoft has published its Q2 2014 earnings report, and the company has made $6.56 billion in net income on $24.52 billion in revenue.
details:
[Show]
Devices and Consumer revenue grew 13% to $11.91 billion.

· Windows OEM revenue declined 3%, reflecting strong 12% growth in Windows OEM Pro revenue, offset by continued softness in the consumer PC market.

· Surface revenue more than doubled sequentially, from $400 million in the first quarter to $893 million in the second quarter.

· The company sold 7.4 million Xbox console units into the retail channel, including 3.9 million Xbox One consoles and 3.5 million Xbox 360 consoles.

· Bing search share grew to 18.2% and search advertising revenue grew 34%.

Commercial revenue grew 10% to $12.67 billion.

· SQL Server continued to gain market share with revenue growing double-digits.

· System Center showed continued strength with double-digit revenue growth.

· Commercial cloud services revenue more than doubled.

· Office 365 commercial seats and Azure customers both grew triple-digits.

"We significantly outpaced enterprise IT spend as we continue to take share from our competitors by delivering the devices and services our customers need as they transition to the cloud,” said Kevin Turner, chief operating officer at Microsoft. “Our commercial cloud services revenue grew more than 100% year-over-year, as customers are embracing Office 365, Azure, and Dynamics CRM Online, and making long-term commitments to the Microsoft platform.”

Good lord. Microsoft is a fucking juggernaut that can't be stopped. Record 24.5 BILLION in revenue just for the quarter.

Microsoft should buy Sony just to add to their movie/tv entertainment offerings on Xbox Live and shut down PS4/Vita production. Sell SNE's profitable insurance business to the highest bidder in Japan to offset some of the buyout cost.

Needless to say, MSFT is flying in after hours trading.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sold SNE at 16.90 pre market. Sony has too many issues to think that the stock will magically go up. Something has to give with them soon though. It must be a bummer for Sony to have a company like Microsoft as a competitor as no matter how well your console does, or how much Microsoft screwed up introducing the Xbox One, there's no way you're going to take out a company that makes piles of cash no matter what happens.

Sony appears to be in good shape in the console market (PS4 not Vita) and it really doesn't benefit anyone for them to go under due to the serious issues the company is having with the rest of their divisions. I want to root for them but they probably need a capitulation and bottoming out around 15/share before things shake up and an electronics division overhaul takes place.

Getting back a little more on topic. I wish Bound by Flame was coming to the Xbox One. Looks like I'll have to pick it up on the PS4:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/23/ ... hatas-okay
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Microsoft Considering Making Digital Games Cheaper

January 24, 2014

Microsoft has announced Xbox Live's digital prices may be revised, as the company is planning to reassess how competitive current listings are.

The news comes courtesy of Microsoft's Larry ‘Major Nelson’ Hryb, who jumped into a Reddit thread lamenting how digital downloads are often more expensive than retail offerings.

"We are way aware of this and many of the concerns of the community," he said, before reassuring commenters that competitive pricing is "on the agenda."

The company caught some flack in December when it made the decision to raise the price of a number of Xbox One digital titles. Hopefully this means the change could be reversed at some stage in the future.
Nice. Since Microsoft is pushing for all digital distribution, it would be nice if they start offering better deals on digital purchases to help things along.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

It's absurd that any of them charge the same as retail for digital copies. I'm surprised there hasn't been a significant enough uproar to force MS/Sony into doing this already.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:It's absurd that any of them charge the same as retail for digital copies. I'm surprised there hasn't been a significant enough uproar to force MS/Sony into doing this already.
The problem is the physical retail market also exists. If you come out with digital games $40 Day 1 and they are $60 at Best Buy you''re going to have unhappy retail partners. And that's not a good place for Sony/MS to be since retails partners are the ones moving a lot of the hardware.

They should be more dynamic though so that 2 year old games that are $20 at Best Buy aren't still $60 in the online stores. Sony does seem to do a better job at that but it could just seem that way since I don't follow along with what MS may or may not be doing.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:It's absurd that any of them charge the same as retail for digital copies. I'm surprised there hasn't been a significant enough uproar to force MS/Sony into doing this already.
The problem is the physical retail market also exists. If you come out with digital games $40 Day 1 and they are $60 at Best Buy you''re going to have unhappy retail partners. And that's not a good place for Sony/MS to be since retails partners are the ones moving a lot of the hardware.

They should be more dynamic though so that 2 year old games that are $20 at Best Buy aren't still $60 in the online stores. Sony does seem to do a better job at that but it could just seem that way since I don't follow along with what MS may or may not be doing.
Yeah, but the retailers need to get over themselves. Digital means they aren't paying for production, packaging, shipping, retailer costs, state taxes, etc. That saving should be passed on to the consumer.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

They'll get over it by telling MS to sell their own consoles and overpriced peripherals.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

More power to them. It's not like retail stores are long for this world anyway.
Dakanaf
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Dakanaf »

Retail stores don't see a dime from the games they sell but they do want the customers in there to buy other things they do make money off of.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:More power to them. It's not like retail stores are long for this world anyway.
Yeah. I'm sure Wal Mart will be gone real soon...

Bottom line: Console makers don't want to piss off the people selling their consoles.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Fairweather Pure wrote:
Aslanna wrote:
Tomb Raider On PS4 Is More 'Definitive' Than On Xbox One
Duh. Get used to it XBO owners!
I think the xbone version maybe should have scaled down the resolution in order to keep 60fps. Unfortunately it sounds like that is going to be a common decision with developers on that system and neither choice is ideal. If you have both systems, the PS4 is the obvious choice for where to purchase your 3rd party games. This may be a launch issue though and perhaps things can improve in the future and reach closer parity with the PS4 versions.
MS better help developers with the ESRAM "problem" sooner rather than later. It's becoming embarrassing! If only they had gone DDR5 you wouldn't be seeing this issue.
Thief will not run at 1080p on the Xbox One?

An insider launches the rumor on the resolution of the game.

Ahsan Rasheed, the Xbox version of Thief One will not run at 1080p.

Thuway, as you know the insider tied to rumor as the virtual helmet of Sony or the boost of 10% on X1 , did not make reference to the resolution of the counterparty for PlayStation 4, but has "confirmed" that the one for Microsoft's console will stop before the fateful Full HD.

If this news was made official, we would end up in yet another case of multiplatform better on PS4 instead of Xbox One.
(translated from an Italian site so is a bit weird on the wording)

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

One issue I have with Microsoft is their policy about Free to Play games. They need to fix that as they're missing out on some solid MMO titles coming up. Kingdom Under Fire II looks great:

http://www.mmoculture.com/2014/01/kingd ... -blueside/

Originally planned for Xbox, now being developed for PS4 and PC due to Microsoft's policies.

Check out some of the videos in that link. The three man co-op video looks like a lot of fun. Pretty chaotic but seems like a great mix between and RTS and RPG:

http://vimeo.com/79549987

Of course servers have been announce for everywhere but North America. U.S has really been getting ignored by Asia. Chinese market is just too lucrative for them to pass on. Microsoft needs to square away how they'll get paid for free to play cash shop purchases or they'll be losing out on a lot of upcoming games since that's the preferred business model.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Winnow wrote:Sold SNE at 16.90 pre market. Sony has too many issues to think that the stock will magically go up. Something has to give with them soon though. It must be a bummer for Sony to have a company like Microsoft as a competitor as no matter how well your console does, or how much Microsoft screwed up introducing the Xbox One, there's no way you're going to take out a company that makes piles of cash no matter what happens.

Sony appears to be in good shape in the console market (PS4 not Vita) and it really doesn't benefit anyone for them to go under due to the serious issues the company is having with the rest of their divisions. I want to root for them but they probably need a capitulation and bottoming out around 15/share before things shake up and an electronics division overhaul takes place.

I'm not going to harp on financials but holy crap, glad I sold. Sony stock just downgraded to junk status again.
Sony Nosedives After Moody’s Downgradeat Wall St. Cheat Sheet(Mon 11:20AM EST)
Sony downgraded to 'junk' status by Moody'sat CNNMoney.com(Mon 7:01AM EST)
Sony Cut to Junk as Latest Turnaround Dies24/7 Wall St.(Mon 6:22AM EST)
Moody's cuts Sony rating to junk at Financial Times(Mon 5:55AM EST)
I actually feel bad for Sony, and a little concerned. It's down to 15.77 as I type this.

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=SNE+ ... =undefined;
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Microsoft now owns another major franchise tied to its Xbox game consoles: Gears of War. That includes "rights to all existing and future games, entertainment experiences and merchandise," and it looks like a new game (likely for Xbox One) is already in production at Black Tusk Studios in Canada (Microsoft actually teased a project from Black Tusk back at E3 2013 during the company's press briefing). The franchise's former director of production, Rod Fergusson, will take on oversight.

The Gears of War franchise was exclusive to the Xbox 360 (and later on PC as well), and Unreal Engine developer Epic Games used the third-person shooter series to show off its engine's graphical chops. Beyond being a graphical showcase, however, Gears of War developed a loyal following among online console gamers -- last year's Gears of War: Judgment was the first entry in the franchise co-developed by Epic and Bulletstorm dev People Can Fly, and it was expected to be the final entry in the series.

Beyond a new entry in the massively popular shooter franchise, we expect re-issues (perhaps prettied-up re-issues) will happen at some point (a la Tomb Raider's "Definitive" Edition). At the very least, Gears fans can rest assured that more tales of meaty space marines taking down Locust are on the way care of Microsoft.
Nice they own some franchises but why not buy Sony and get all of those franchises as well? Sony has huge baggage but they'd come out ahead if they liquidated most of their assets.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Maybe because Sony isn't for sale?

Nah. That's not it.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:Maybe because Sony isn't for sale?

Nah. That's not it.
Everything has its price! Better than some shady hedge fund that's buying up the stock right now.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

The stock conversation is a non-issue in my mind. Playstation is one of the crown jewels in their portfolio and they have, literally, a TON of other assets they can liquidate to raise capital if they fall on hard times.

Sony has a hardware advantage. Microsoft will be tweaking the hell out of their software and improving API's to try and help devs narrow the gap. We have close to a reverse situation from last gen and everyone still did fine.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Animalor wrote:The stock conversation is a non-issue in my mind. Playstation is one of the crown jewels in their portfolio and they have, literally, a TON of other assets they can liquidate to raise capital if they fall on hard times.

Sony has a hardware advantage. Microsoft will be tweaking the hell out of their software and improving API's to try and help devs narrow the gap. We have close to a reverse situation from last gen and everyone still did fine.

You and everyone but him. That's why it's been a monologue.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Animalor wrote:The stock conversation is a non-issue in my mind.
Yeah I stopped commenting on it for the most part. When I turn on my console I don't think "Gee, I wonder what Sony stock is at today". I think it's mostly Winnow's inability to find more things to attack Sony/PS4 on that he clings to one of the only things left.
Animalor wrote:Sony has a hardware advantage. Microsoft will be tweaking the hell out of their software and improving API's to try and help devs narrow the gap. We have close to a reverse situation from last gen and everyone still did fine.
And of course whilst MS is tweaking things to "narrow the gap" Sony will be doing the same with the PS4.

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Aslanna wrote: And of course whilst MS is tweaking things to "narrow the gap" Sony will be doing the same with the PS4.
Obviously. I would expect nothing less. It's going to be a fun generation. :)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Microsoft's white employee-only Xbox One could become a little less exclusive. The snow-colored console is rumored to appear alongside the cartoony shooter Sunset Overdrive this October, and a 1TB version of the hardware might release in November according to a NeoGAF thread that's been confirmed by The Verge's sources. What's more, Microsoft's latest console may also see worldwide release this year sans Blu-ray drive for $399. With the annual DICE Summit and Game Developers Conference not far off on the horizon, it might not be long before we see these rumors publicly confirmed. We've reached out to Redmond and will let you know if we hear back. Update: The source of the NeoGAF thread also says that a Limited Edition Titanfall console is on the way too, posting what he says is an image of the special console's design. Skip on past the break for a peek at the alleged hardware.
Nice. If Microsoft wasn't stubborn about the Kinect, they could crush PS4 with a 299 kinect-less all digital console. They could even subsidize it and give it away for free with required Xbox Live sub. They seem to be playing nice by giving Sony a chance by keeping the Xbox One more expensive. I'm sure they realize that putting Sony out of business would hurt more overall. Sony kind of needs to make money while Microsoft can concentrate increasing number of units.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Nice. If Microsoft wasn't stubborn about the Kinect, they could crush PS4 with a 299 kinect-less all digital console.
lol. Keep dreaming. The PS3 came out a year after the 360 at what.. $200 more? Yet in the end it came out victorious over the 360.

And I seriously doubt the Kinect and B-R amount to $200 of the total cost of the console so at best maybe they could hit $350. Regardless you'd still getting a less powerful console so why bother?

And if true it just shows how desperate Microsoft is starting to get because they realize it isn't selling like they thought it would. Sony knocked it out of the park as far as launches go despite you harping about "launch lineups".

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
And I seriously doubt the Kinect and B-R amount to $200 of the total cost of the console so at best maybe they could hit $350. Regardless you'd still getting a less powerful console so why bother?
Kinect is something like ~$75 so yes, removing that and removing the Blu Ray drive would substantially reduce cost. The rest would be made up in small loss or subsidized XBL.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:
Aslanna wrote:
Kinect is something like ~$75 so yes, removing that and removing the Blu Ray drive would substantially reduce cost. The rest would be made up in small loss or subsidized XBL.
You said $299 which is $200 less. So if the Kinect is $75 what you're saying is that the blu-ray drive is then $125? You're looney tunes.

My point wasn't that they couldn't reduce costs by removing things just that I doubt that it would reduce them by as much you say. Hence back to my original estimate of $350. AT BEST. (For a less powerful console)

In summary: Your post was pointless!

--