The Official NextBox Thread!

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: The Official NextBox Thread!

Post by kyoukan »

My Xbox One is DOA. I plugged it in and it starts to boot up and then just shuts down and keeps rebooting/shutting down until I pull the plug. What a fucking piece of garbage. I would throw it out the window if it wasn't so fucking massive. It is basically a full size PC tower, but lying down like it fell over dead. And that doesn't even include the massive fucking power brick. Jesus, what the hell is that thing? I know these things are made in China but I didn't think they'd also be using Chinese technology.

Not sure how Sony can design a console half the size with an internal power brick for $100 less using better, more sophisticated hardware. Oh yea, they have actual good engineers working for them and not the fucking clowns that can't even make a MP3 player or a tablet that isn't useless. This thing reminds me of the fucking ugly monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey, only monkeys probably wouldn't worship this junk.Literally a WW2 era Russian could design a more pleasing looking device. I have VCR from the 80s in my basement that is more modern looking.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

shut up troll
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

If anyone is a troll around here it's you!

And Fair I hope you like waiting because I hear the load times for most XBO games is horrendous!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

A few more minor gripes but overall I'm extremely pleased with the console.

1 - The OneGuide for TV isn't available in Canada yet.
2 - Kinect Voice Control, as expected, is spotty in rooms with my wife and kids.

Forza takes forever to install to the console. Apparently there's a bug that they are patching. AC4 installed and patched quickly and I was in the game in no time and it's gorgeous.

Fair: Mine only asked for the TV manufacturer (Sharp). I guess some mfg's use the same IR codes for all their sets and others don't.

The rumble triggers are amazing. Having that slight rumble when taking a corner too quickly in Forza is a great piece of sensory information. I would liken it to 5.1 headsets in FPS games.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Xbox One sales exceed one million in first 24 hours

Not to be outdone by the PlayStation 4 selling one million consoles in just 24 hours, Microsoft announced today that the Xbox One also achieved the 24 hour, million console milestone.

In a press statement, Xbox stated that the over one million consoles have been "sold through," meaning that the number reflects sales to consumers, not shipments to retailers.

Yusuf Mehdi, Xbox's corporate Vice President of Marketing and Strategy, wrote, “We are humbled and grateful for the excitement of Xbox fans around the world. Seeing thousands of excited fans lined up to get their Xbox One and their love for gaming was truly a special moment for everyone on the Xbox team. We are working hard to create more Xbox One consoles and look forward to fulfilling holiday gift wishes this season.”
Guess they're doing OK despite some here thinking PS4 was favored like 1,000 to 1. Sony needs to find some more forced labor to crank up the assembly line production.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:
Xbox One sales exceed one million in first 24 hours

Not to be outdone by the PlayStation 4 selling one million consoles in just 24 hours, Microsoft announced today that the Xbox One also achieved the 24 hour, million console milestone.

In a press statement, Xbox stated that the over one million consoles have been "sold through," meaning that the number reflects sales to consumers, not shipments to retailers.

Yusuf Mehdi, Xbox's corporate Vice President of Marketing and Strategy, wrote, “We are humbled and grateful for the excitement of Xbox fans around the world. Seeing thousands of excited fans lined up to get their Xbox One and their love for gaming was truly a special moment for everyone on the Xbox team. We are working hard to create more Xbox One consoles and look forward to fulfilling holiday gift wishes this season.”
Guess they're doing OK despite some here thinking PS4 was favored like 1,000 to 1. Sony needs to find some more forced labor to crank up the assembly line production.
Considering you had to get a PS4 dig in there I guess I'll see your troll and raise it...

Doing OK considering they were in many more countries you mean?
PS4 1,000,000=Canada, United States

Xbox One 1,000,000=Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Spain, United Kingdom, United States and New Zealand.
PS4 will probably sell another million in Europe next week when it releases there.

Not to mention I never heard anyone here mention 1000:1. Yet more over exaggeration which makes up 999.5% of your posts these days.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
Not to mention I never heard anyone here mention 1000:1. Yet more over exaggeration which makes up 999.5% of your posts these days.
I meant 10,000 to one. My bad.

speaking of "my bad", Xbox One lets you upload clips to Skydrive

This is just a 30 second clip of me playing Dead Rising 3. I'm wearing some kind of Mariachi outfit! Seeing how the share works:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=5 ... deo%2c.mp4

NPC party members get in my way a lot!

Curious if easily viewable or if it makes you sign into Skydrive or something stupid. Can someone see if they can access this without jumping through hoops?
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Hopefully your massive fucking talltub dishwasher shaped server rack they call a Xbox One won't fall through the floor and into your mom's basement. The fucking thing is big enough to put two playstation 4's on top of it. And almost as expensive.

But hey, maybe I can call this fucking worthless $500 brick Microsoft sold me this morning a martian space rock and sell it to you for a thousand dollars.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

It's pretty damned magical that as soon as you walk in the room this thing sees you and signs you in. I was just walking in and must've been 12 feet away and I was signed in.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I ran into another annoyance last night. My wife fell asleep on the couch next to me after we finished Superman and played a little Killer Instinct. I wanted to explore more of the Xbone's features but I couldn't really talk to my TV with my wife napping next to me.

Turning on my Xbox to watch TV feels like an extra step in the whole process. Maybe I need to re calibrate my Kinect, because the voice commands work about 1/2 the time and I end up scolding my Kinect like it was a bad child.

Killer Instinct plays and looks great. I plan on playing some Dead Rising today and perhaps I'll try the fitness app too. Any excitement I had for Crimson Dragon was crushed when I saw it's pay model. Fuck that game.

I also really like the controller. I've always enjoyed the heavier weight of the 360 controller and holding the Xbone controller felt like coming home again after holding the PS4 controller the past week. The PS4 controller is pretty fucking great too though so I'm unsure which one I would give the prize to. The PS4 would probably win based on it's improvements over the duelshock.

Some thankful news is that my kids can still play MineCraft logged into my 360 while I am logged in under the Xbone at the same time.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fairweather Pure wrote:I ran into another annoyance last night. My wife fell asleep on the couch next to me after we finished Superman and played a little Killer Instinct. I wanted to explore more of the Xbone's features but I couldn't really talk to my TV with my wife napping next to me.
I haven't run into a situation with the XB1 where voice commands where the only option. You can always use the controller like last gen consoles and the PS4. How is that an annoyance? That would be the same for any activity where you need to talk when someone's asleep.
Animalor wrote:It's pretty damned magical that as soon as you walk in the room this thing sees you and signs you in. I was just walking in and must've been 12 feet away and I was signed in.
I've been impressed with kinect 2 and voice commands. I've used the voice command "Xbox On" every time I turn it on. If you go the minority report route, you don't need your controller at all for basic stuff to navigate the UI. The voice commands are great for pausing, switching apps, snapping/unsnapping, turning on/off.

Fair, if you don't like the Xbox One for browsing TV, use what you were before. That's a pretty big change to undertake overnight. The guide looks pretty cool but if you already have a way to have your favorite channels, etc, I'd stick with it and just play around with XB1's cable/Satellite integration until comfortable with it or decide to not use it at all.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

I went into my TV settings earlier today and Xbox On and Xbox Turn off now turns on and off my TV as well. It's handy.

It isn't smart though and if your TV is already on, it will turn on your Xbox and turn off your TV.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Faulty Blue-Ray drive? MS will RMA your replacement and give you a free digital download game while you wait for your replacement to get to you.

Your choice of DR3, Forza, Ryse or Zoo Tycoon.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/25/51456 ... ntary-game

Nice to see MS not wasting time and taking care of their customers.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Angie Santiago reports from SpawnFirst: "Two users on the Xbox Support forum have reported that their Xbox One had an amber light on the power brick and, when they plugged it into a different outlet, the console began smoking from the top. Sending the console back to Microsoft will get you a replacement console. One user said that the amber light appeared and, when they reset the power supply, the console made a buzzing sound and then began to smoke."
It burns burns burns.. That ring of fire. If you're going on vacation might want to unplug your XBO or you may suffer a RRoF and come back to a burned down house!

In news Winnow might like: http://gearnuke.com/xbox-hackers-manage ... -xbox-one/
The hackers of the Xbox community have managed to dump Xbox One’s NAND data, yes the very own NAND data of the Xbox One.
Previously it was made known by a famous hacker ‘C4eva’, who dumped the data of Call of Duty: Ghosts for the Xbox One on the internet, that the discs can be read. This means that Xbox One is not far from being completely hacked and running homebrew on the system.

--
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Considering the size of an Xbone that must be a lot of smoke.

I got to spend two hours on the phone yesterday with Microsoft's industry worst customer service while some indian told me to turn off my Xbone and back on again out of his 3 ring binder troubleshooting guide. Apparently my busted console hasn't gone viral on Youtube yet so I would have to wait for them to send me an RMA box and will probably get a replacement (also broken) console in about six weeks. Luckily I bought it at Costco so I just took it back and they told me they will call me when they get more in later this week. Every time I call Microsoft's complete dogshit customer service I swear it is the last time I will do it, but like a battered spouse I keep crawling back thinking that this time it will be different.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Xbox was hacked first last gen and still substantially outsold the PS3 in games per console. It helps not hurts to have a console hacked. Microsoft probably gave the hacker the info to help things along.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

kyoukan wrote:Considering the size of an Xbone that must be a lot of smoke.

I got to spend two hours on the phone yesterday with Microsoft's industry worst customer service while some indian told me to turn off my Xbone and back on again out of his 3 ring binder troubleshooting guide. Apparently my busted console hasn't gone viral on Youtube yet so I would have to wait for them to send me an RMA box and will probably get a replacement (also broken) console in about six weeks. Luckily I bought it at Costco so I just took it back and they told me they will call me when they get more in later this week. Every time I call Microsoft's complete dogshit customer service I swear it is the last time I will do it, but like a battered spouse I keep crawling back thinking that this time it will be different.
This was a great post on NeoGAF!
So I got my Xbox One from Amazon yesterday, as soon as I booted it up it started making clicking and grinding sounds. Here is an example of the sound, at 11 seconds when I exit KI, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zGQq7i-vuc . So first I call amazon and am told they have no day one editions and if I am having a hardware problem I should call Microsoft.

I go to the xbox support website and the only option is to wait for a online chat associate. I end up waiting over 2 hours for my turn and get someone. He asks questions about the system and determines I need a replacement. At this point he sets up the replacement and says I need to ship the system out first, I tell him no I want the advance exchange program, the same program MS is saying they are using for broken xbox one consoles. He says sure and then tells me that it needs to be done over the phone and they would call me in 1 to 2 hours because they are slammed. I say sure, it would have been around 11 or so oclock and I would be up then anyways.

Fast forward to 1AM and I get a phone call, I actually answer the call bewildered they would call me that late. The guy announces himself and asks my issue, before I get two words out he puts me on hold and then transfers me to some random location. It ends up being network support, where I am put on hold for 20 min and no one ever comes back, so around 130 am I hang up.

I get up this morning and the request system is up and I request a call from MS support, it take about 4 hours and they call me back. I go through the explanation with him and then am told that the other associate put in my request as a standard exchange and i have to ship the system out first and wait (prob 2 weeks) for a replacement. I tell him no this isnt acceptable and he looks into cancelling my standard request to be given a advance exchange request, but they may not have any of those so I may have no choice. Fast forward an hour later on hold, with him coming back every couple min to tell me to keep waiting. Finally he comes back and says they are working on it and will call me back and takes my number. That was an hour or so ago and I havent received a call.

So I am still sitting here with a half dead xbox one, wasted half my weekend, been woken up at 1am, and still have no resolution to my issue. All this for a simple system exchange.

tldr; xbox support is atrocious, dont let them sign you up for standard exchange, hope to god your system doesnt break, even on day one they dont take care of their customers.

pdate for 11/25/2013: MS never returned my call as promised. I called Amazon, they had no Day one editions still but sent me a normal edition that will be here in two days. They could not let me keep my day one edition controller, so I lose that as well. I am so fed up with the situation I just dont care anymore I just want to have a working console. I am going to file a complaint on BBB against MS for their complete lack of service.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Winnow wrote:Xbox was hacked first last gen and still substantially outsold the PS3 in games per console. It helps not hurts to have a console hacked. Microsoft probably gave the hacker the info to help things along.
Keep justifying your theft, you fucking parasite. Only people who pay money for games should be allowed to post in here.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Microsoft is banning users from Skype on Xbone when they swear on a private call. The same goes for swearing in a video on Upload Studio. It is okay for video game characters to swear up a storm in COD and Battlefield but MS doesn't make any money from your swearing, so they just ban you. This also means MS is recording and monitoring every Skype call.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/11/m ... ded-clips/
The Xbox Live enforcement team, which has manually addressed Code of Conduct complaints in the past, also doesn’t seem to give users any details about the reasons behind these bans, often leaving the affected party to question why they’ve been kicked out of service in the first place. Yes, first offenses are only subject to a 24-hour ban, meaning the consequences for unknown breaches are limited. Still, surely some sort of specific warning or explanatory message would be more effective at making sure the offending behavior doesn’t repeat and in ensuring that users know the precise location of the line they can’t cross.

A ban incurred for an Upload Studio infraction appears to apply across Xbox Live, limiting online gameplay and the use of apps like Netflix and Skype through the system. However, Microsoft says private conversations conducted on Skype are not subject to those same Code of Conduct rules and can’t result in a ban on their own. “To be clear, the Xbox Live Policy & Enforcement team does not monitor direct peer-to-peer communications like Skype chats and calls,” the rep told Ars.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Well they are obviously lying (who'd have thought MS would release a bullshit statement?!) because people have tried to use Skype and are getting a message they are banned from it for profanity.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

kyoukan wrote:
Winnow wrote:Xbox was hacked first last gen and still substantially outsold the PS3 in games per console. It helps not hurts to have a console hacked. Microsoft probably gave the hacker the info to help things along.
Keep justifying your theft, you fucking parasite. Only people who pay money for games should be allowed to post in here.
Says the whore that doesn't pay for a thing.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

what the fuck did you even make that up from? my personal income is a lot higher than yours, I can guarantee you that. you are demonstrably a fucking cheapskate that pirates all of your games. which is why your opinion on anything in this forum doesn't fucking matter. just because you make up some weird fantasy about me you can't use it to defend your shitty behavior. get banned your worthless fucking leech.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Shut the fuck up.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

kyoukan wrote:Well they are obviously lying (who'd have thought MS would release a bullshit statement?!) because people have tried to use Skype and are getting a message they are banned from it for profanity.
If they're banned from the service for being douchebags with Upload Studio, Skype will stop working as well as it's dependent on XBL as well.

Enforcement will not take action on you in private communication with your friends but anything in public that's a suspendable or bannable offense will block access to the rest of it.

This is the way it worked with the 360 and the policy is exactly the same now.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Winnow wrote:Shut the fuck up.
Ironically your wittiest comeback to date. Don't get your panties in a twist. Not everyone can afford everything they want.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Obviously you can't afford to cross ship or you'd have your Xbox One already. Find someone that can support your life leeching habits better.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Xbox Live for 35.00

http://kotaku.com/xbox-live-gold-1-year ... 1474687392

I just bought one so good for 2 years now. 3 years on PN + since Game Stop sucks.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

The new Kinect is pretty amazing. Used Xbox Fitness last night for the first time and it was able to track me perfectly at ~ 4 feet from the TV and see my entire body. They really improved it a lot over the Primesense technology they used last time.

Voice commands however seem really spotty for me depending due the ambient noise in the house.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

One good thing about the new stuff is that the old stuff is finally affordable. I went to Best Buy on Black Friday in the afternoon and found the Xbox360 w/250gb hd for $170 and it included 4 games compared to the PS3 bundle of $199 and two games. We are having a lot of fun with it now.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Bubba Grizz wrote:One good thing about the new stuff is that the old stuff is finally affordable. I went to Best Buy on Black Friday in the afternoon and found the Xbox360 w/250gb hd for $170 and it included 4 games compared to the PS3 bundle of $199 and two games. We are having a lot of fun with it now.
You never had a 360 prior to now?!?
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Nope. Always had a PS2 or 3 and then I pretty much only used it for Madden. I did almost all my gaming on the PC. I have trouble jumping from game to game for the most part.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

It's a little too late for me to get into it tonight, but tomorrow I'll post the must have exclusives for the 360. That system had some great stuff! You can probably get all of them for pennies on the dollar too.
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

Bubba Grizz wrote:Nope. Always had a PS2 or 3 and then I pretty much only used it for Madden. I did almost all my gaming on the PC. I have trouble jumping from game to game for the most part.
If you have a Gold Account, you can get Gears of War for free right now.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/games-with-gold
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Aslanna wrote:That does sound like a lot of XBO games! FWIW I read Gran Turismo 6 would have some sort of MT as well but I didn't click the article for more infos.
Pricing for in-game microtransactions in Polyphony Digital's Gran Turismo 6 are now live on the European PlayStation Store, reports Eurogamer.

Gran Turismo 6's in-game currency, called credits, are available in four different-sized packs with the following pricing:

500,000 credits for £3.99/€4.99 (approximately $6.76 USD)
1 million credits for £7.99/€9.99 ($13.54 USD)
2.5 million credits for £15.99/€19.99 ($27.10 USD)
7 Million credits for £39.99/€49.99 ($67.77 USD)

At the time of writing, pricing for credits has still not been posted to the North American PlayStation Store.

Last month, Sony revealed that Gran Turismo 6 would include in-game microtransactions for buying vehicles, parts and upgrades. The company noted that these transactions are not required to progress through the game, but will give players "a new option for building your ultimate fantasy car collection."
$67!

So yeah let me restate that MTs in a full-priced retail game = lamest thing ever regardless of platform.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Absolutely agree. It really just makes me not want to buy the game.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

The company noted that these transactions are not required to progress through the game, but will give players "a new option for building your ultimate fantasy car collection."
Optional.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Aslanna wrote:So yeah let me restate that MTs in a full-priced retail game = lamest thing ever regardless of platform.
It really depends. Microtransactions to get something otherwise unavailable in a retail game is bullshit. Microtransactions to skip grinding is alright to me as long as the grinding isn't soul crushing like it is in Forza. It takes literally hundreds of hours of grinding for the best cars in that game. It's totally unacceptable.

Dead Space 3 is a good example of microtransactions done well. I paid a few bucks and didn't have to grind resources for a few hours. My time is more valuable than that. I could have got everything if I decided to put the time in.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

[Show]
http://www.geek.com/games/gran-turismo- ... s-1578870/

Except for the Jaguar which is $196 or a little more than my Vita including a 32 GB Memory card cost me. Of course, kyoukan calls out Forza which doesn't cost anything near 196.00 for any car, but I'm sure you can grind it out 20 million CR in less time in Turismo right kyoukan?

Most expensive car in Forza = $20 Most expensive car in GT 6 = $196

kyoukan = moron

Have a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaiI2fUpXBs#t=48

There's several other cars that will set you back $20.00 or more.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

yes. the fact that other games also have stupid prices for DLC 100% validates Forza's stupid macrotransactions. also, you're probably the most moronic fucking twat I have ever had the displeasure of knowing.

Oh right. I keep forgetting you're mentally still a 9 year old console warrior like any of this asinine shit you spend 3/4 of your life ranting about fucking matters. how are you an adult? it's too bad about the terms of your parole, because you could probably get into so pretty sweet arguments during recess at your local elementary school
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Confirmed! You're still as dumb as ever. A nuclear bomb blowing up a city doesn't excuse a bullet to your tiny brain either. Yes 196 for a car and 20 are the same. I admit, it's not quite 10 times the price. Maybe that's when your amazing financial skills would kick in and set off some sort of alarm...then again...

Your sugar daddy will cough up the $196 because your lazy ass certainly won't earn it. That's par for the course. Too fucking pathetic in real life to earn a buck and too fucking lazy to earn anything even playing a game. Gotta have my cheap cars!@!2 lol Idiot. 196=20 dururrrrr! With your personality, you either have a stupified look on your face or look like you're taking a shit out of frustration from being unable to grasp anything more difficult than sucking the life out of someone else. Die and your "loved ones" would probably finally love you back for the deed.
Dakanaf
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Dakanaf »

The best part about Winnow and Kyoukan is that they are happily married irl and just trolling all of us.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Dakanaf wrote:The best part about Winnow and Kyoukan is that they are happily married irl and just trolling all of us.
The thought has occurred to me.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

My original Xbox One controller batteries just died. I swapped them out with some eneloop rechargeables and am back in business. PS4 controller is much improved but when it comes to batteries I'll take swapping rechargeable batteries about every three weeks over dealing with the recharge cable every night on the PS4. The less cables the better.

Xbox One controller batteries seem to last longer than the 360 controller. PS4 charge lasts significantly less than the PS3, at least with mine. Removing that whole light glow/touch pad assembly would have made a nice spot for two AA batteries on the PS4.

Animalor, your Peggle 2 video clip uploads make me want to give that game a try. (you uploaded the same video 6 times! (delete 5 of those : )

I'm taking a break from Forza until the December patch. I've got one of the higher priced car circuits on my list an may as well wait until the car is 45% cheaper and we make twice the credits each race.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Peggle 2 does this great little thing where it automatically creates videos of what it deems "cool moments". Unfortunately, it does so every god-damned times.

Believe me, I really enjoy that game but not enough to create 45 videos about it.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Animalor wrote:Peggle 2 does this great little thing where it automatically creates videos of what it deems "cool moments". Unfortunately, it does so every god-damned times.

Believe me, I really enjoy that game but not enough to create 45 videos about it.
Well it's not that. The same video ended up being posted 12 times last time I counted. It must be a glitch because it just kept being added to the friends activity stream over and over and not all at once. (the one with the horse avatar and three circles) I think you can delete the the duplicates.

It must be a Peggle 2 issue as I haven't seen that with other games. There's no way to share videos posted by friends or I'd link it.

I prefer Xbox One's Videos. It really works well to say "Xbox Record that" in the middle of a game but it sure would be nice if you could take a screen shot which the PS4 excels at. PS4 allows you to take a screen shot of almost anything including the UI. I can't find much information about screenshots and Xbox One.

I use voice "Xbox Pause/Play" often as well, especially since your controller typically turns off while watching Netflix an extended period of time. Overall the new Netflix interface is nice (identical on Xbox One and PS4). One thing missing is the episode number on the info screen that pops up on pause. There's no easy way to see the episode number you're on. The actual episode interface is nice though once in it.
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

Is there a way to quit apps from voice commands? Seems like they forgot a really important one.

I also got 3 achievement points from watching Netflix. I am not a fan of odd numbers. It's ruining my score!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Lynks wrote:Is there a way to quit apps from voice commands? Seems like they forgot a really important one.

I also got 3 achievement points from watching Netflix. I am not a fan of odd numbers. It's ruining my score!
You never really quit the last app, just say "Xbox Go Home" and you get back to the home screen. The previous app will quit once you open something else up. (unless multitasking with SNAP)

Netflix Achievements I have are Triple Play and "Just one more" I think there's one for using it every day for a week as well.

Maybe try and even out your score by getting one of the other achievements:

http://www.videogamer.com/news/these_ar ... _apps.html

or from one of the other media apps listed there.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Lynks wrote:Is there a way to quit apps from voice commands? Seems like they forgot a really important one.

Can go back to the dash with voice but not quit completely.

Once in the dash, you can highlight the app just minimised or any of the 4 below the main tile, hit the menu(old start) button and select quit to close something completely.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I am curious as to why you went XBO. Was it exclusives or just because the 360 was the console you had previously so were more 'invested' in that ecosystem. Market research!

--