The Official PS4 thread!

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: The Official PS4 thread!

Post by kyoukan »

Can't wait to play my PS4 games on any console anywhere in the world with the industry's best designed game controller. I mean, unless you have hook hands or some other debilitation that affects motor control.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fairweather Pure wrote:PS4′s digital library lets you play your games anywhere & on anyone’s console

***PSN IS CURRENTLY DOWN, PLEASE TRY TO PLAY YOUR GAME LATER***
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Its up for me. I'm not sure how you pirate so many games with such a shitty internet connection. Maybe upgrade to broadband?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

You don't need PSN for that life leecher.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Fairweather Pure wrote:PS4′s digital library lets you play your games anywhere & on anyone’s console

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine. ... s-console/

Sony giveth what Microsoft taketh away.
You can still do that on Xbox One. Hell, you can do that on the 360 today(The 360 won't do insta-play like the One will).

What Microsoft took away on the Xbox one was the ability to do that with your Disk Based, as well as digital downloads.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

try downloading a game you downloaded on another 360 and get back to us with your results
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Here's my Games on Demand copy of Halo 4 downloading on my second Xbox 360.

This is much more convenient with XBLA titles since there is no Play Now, download in the background feature on the 360.

I believe I may have misspoken on the Xbox One having a Play Now feature down Digital Downloads. I may have been thinking to the play now while it rips to the drive from disk feature.

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

PS4 launch day bundles back in stock at Amazon
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/07/24/ps4-l ... at-amazon/

Fair and others found out about Sony monitoring a full 15 minutes of your game and cancelled their orders.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

The PS4 HD will be able to be upgraded.

https://twitter.com/yosp/status/344364530333274112

That's pretty great news but it's SATA2. Still nice to have the option given the size of next gen games.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fairweather Pure wrote:The PS4 HD will be able to be upgraded.

https://twitter.com/yosp/status/344364530333274112

That's pretty great news but it's SATA2. Still nice to have the option given the size of next gen games.
SATA 2 will work fine for games. Internal HD upgrading is one of the things I like about the PS4...because my PS3 HD crapped out on me and I was forced to replace it. My original Xbox 360 HD is working fine.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

3.5GB of PlayStation 4 RAM Reportedly Reserved for OS

4.5GB usable for games, plus 1GB of “flexible memory.”

While Sony’s new console will contain 8GB of DDR5 memory total, Digital Foundry reports that 3.5GB of that space is reserved for the operating system, leaving only 4.5GB available for games. Anonymous sources clarified to Digital Foundry that 1GB of the reserved RAM is available as “flexible memory” and “may be reclaimed from the OS reservation, based on availability,” making 5.5GB potentially accessible.

Internal Sony documents suggest that 4.5GB is the “baseline amount of guaranteed memory available” for games, but that the additional 1GB of “flexible memory” can be used by devs to “boost elements of the game” as long as the memory isn’t needed by PlayStation 4’s OS. PS4 dev kits currently contain a “Game Memory Budget Mode” that offers “normal” and “large” options, with normal allowing for 4.5GB of memory usage by games

What now?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

What now what? Do you have a point? I'm guessing you do not.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:What now what? Do you have a point? I'm guessing you do not.
Sure, although it's probably lost on you. Scroll back through the boasts about all that memory available for PS4 games as compared to the Xbox One....maybe fairweather can help you out with that.

Just more bullshit thrown your way from Sony to make their console look good for pre-sales.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I've said countlesstimes since the beginning that the PS4 was going to be more powerful than the Xbone. It's always been a matter of how much. While this revelation shows less available RAM than previously thought, the PS4 still has the superior RAM and more of it.

Basically, this news does not bother me at all.

The amazing improvements in the PS4 controller alone make it the superior choice this gen.

What is your opinion on the controllers Winnow?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

The breakdown is such that the OS will have 3.5GB of dedicated RAM, games will have 4.5GB dedicated, but games will be able to take 1GB from the OS when necessary, raising it to that 5.5GB figure.

Digital Foundry also noted that being able to utilize the flex RAM wasn’t entirely easy, and may just be limited to first-party developers at launch, eventually opening up to other developers once they get a handle on it.

The majority of previous leaks claimed that around 512MB to 1Gb would be used for the OS, and the rest would be used for games, giving the PS4 a massive game-RAM advantage over the Xbox One’s dedicated 5GB.
Sounds hard for those "indy" developers to all of that memory*

Meanwhile:
Indie studios developing for Xbox One will likely have no RAM restrictions limiting their work on the new console, Microsoft head Phil Spencer said in a post on Twitter.

This follows rumors to the contrary suggesting indie game would only have access to a maximum of 3GB of RAM based on the console's Windows partition. In response to a Twitter query, Spencer replied: "Goal is to allow devs access to full pool of resources available, no indie RAM limit."
Wow, just gets worse and worse for PS4. The cornerstone...the battle cry of the PS4 nerds...INDIE GAMES just got muted as Sony led you to believe they were a better platorm.

Looks like easier access to all ram, every Xbox Unit and SDK, super easy porting to PC...all available on the Xbox One, plus guaranteed access to motion controls on all consoles with the kinect. (and a way better controller)

*as I've noted before 5MB is plenty (well that's actually more than the PS4 has available now for "indie" games) but it's really really really funny to see this after Fairweather got so excited over memory in his system stats posts. Now you've got bucketloads of latency challenged DDR5 memory dedicated to the OS...but wtf are they doing with it? At least Xbox One has some kick ass media/OS features...looks like SOny just sucks balls at coding...maybe because they aren't an OS company...kinda like they aren't that great at networking...hmmm what console company is....hmmmm.

For aslanna: "eventually opening up to other developers once they get a handle on it" see a trend? Will anything be ready on the POS4 at launch? Hopefully the CPU and other key hardware will be included at launch to get people started.
Fairweather Pure wrote:You also have to keep in mind that the Xbox1 only has 5GB of that set aside for gaming and the other 3GB running the 3 OSs.

Do you require a further technical breakdown?
Nope! Got it. Thanks!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Nope. Not seeing a trend. Still buying a PS4 since the XBO is a piece of poo. Enjoy paying more for your poo console!

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Wasn't Phil Fish held up as a shining example of indie devs?

Yeah, he just went apeshit on Twitter and then officially cancelled Fez 2.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/27/456335 ... h-confirms
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Animalor wrote:Wasn't Phil Fish held up as a shining example of indie devs?
No. I think you have that wrong. He was held up as an example of how shitty MS was to Indie devs. And they were. Not sure how anyone can deny that. Not even MS themselves obviously since they are going about changing how they work with Indie devs.

Not sure why this is in the PS4 thread but ok!

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

It's enough that winnow is taking almost every bit of enjoyment out of talking about the new consoles, please don't make this a chorus of cuntery. Thanks.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

PS4 and Xbox One will be fun. I'm looking forward to them.

There's give and take on forums. If you want all fluff and joy, go to a Board dedicated to the PS4...ah...sorry dude, even there and anywhere else you go, any forum, blog comments, etc you read are full of Xbox One vs PS4 comparisons. It's healthy corrections on both sides. Comments about both consoles need to be addressed. The claims of PS4 being 50% more powerful were laughable but some people believed them. I think Fairweather still does. Boasts about 7GB of RAM available for games, streaming features that won't be around for possibly years, people thinking PS4 is going to crush the Xbox One in sales....all need to be address as do claims about the Xbox One...like it having the most ergonomic and sensible layout between the two controllers. There have been cases where accident victims have mangled their thumbs and fingers so badly that the PS4 controller is actually more comfortable.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

John Carmack commenting on the PS4 and Xbox One

http://kotaku.com/john-carmack-on-ps4-v ... -994733823

Interesting video. He's not a fan of kinect and talks a lot about that. Kinect excels in fitness and dance type games but I've still yet to see other genres make use of it in a way that's compelling. I'm sure Carmack would like to promote Occulus Rift a bit as well. It would be nice to see support for that on one of the consoles even though I might throw up.

He thinks the two consoles are very close in performance. He also mentions that Sony has better tools than they had for the PS3.

Good news for PS4 is about the SDK being easier than last generation to work with while the Microsoft has always had a good SDK.

Wii U blows but everyone knows that by now.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

For those complaining about $50 for PS+ here's the largest benefit:

That beats Xbox Live Gold (which is $10 more) hands down!

--
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

yeah but with Xbox Live Gold!™ you get to play multiplayer games ON THE INTERNET and stream Netflix. can you do that with Playstation Plus? fuck no

it's called value. I suggest you look it up in the dictionary!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Microsoft's second set of free games for Live are looking pretty good. I suppose it's a factor but I'd be more concerned about reliability of the network for online gaming.

As it stands, Sony sucks compared to Microsoft in that most important department. It's a wait and see if they improve things or the entire system fails after PS4 is released. Sounds like they may have half the number of Xbox Ones to begin with so that might help with network overload prevention.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Microsoft's second set of free games for Live are looking pretty good. I suppose it's a factor but I'd be more concerned about reliability of the network for online gaming.

As it stands, Sony sucks compared to Microsoft in that most important department. It's a wait and see if they improve things or the entire system fails after PS4 is released. Sounds like they may have half the number of Xbox Ones to begin with so that might help with network overload prevention.
All these words you put down don't even make sense much less form a coherent thought. What do you base your assessment of the network reliability on? Because of an incident that happened two years ago? And even that was more a security issue than anything having to do with robustness of the network.

You need to learn a new trick, pony!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Still 4 months until the consoles are released (longer for the PS4). News should be more scarce for awhile.

I hope there are no production issues with the PS4. If Dec 13 release date is accurate for the PS4, they'll miss the Xmas rush with any sort of issue, or at least not be able to get the PS4's under the Xmas tree. Kids won't like that!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote: If Dec 13 release date is accurate for the PS4
Doubtful.
BT Games later updated its earlier story, indicating that Toys 'R' Us contacted them to clarify that the PS4 and Xbox One release dates aren't yet official. It isn't clear if this was a smokescreen and/or damage control on the part of Toys 'R' Us.

In a statement, Microsoft said, "We have announced that Xbox One will launch this November, but have not shared any further details. It’s common practice for retailers to use placeholder dates for pre-order items without an official launch date. Please stay tuned to news.xbox.com, where we share the latest official details about all things Xbox One."

As for Sony, it said, "We haven't made any announcements other than coming this holiday season."
I can't imagine any world where Sony would wait until 13-Dec to launch. I believe they aren't announcing it yet because they're trying to get one-up on MS and release before them. So basically it comes down to who is going to blink first. On the other hand neither can wait too long since your retailers have to know when to expect the product. My guess is both will have an official date within 6 weeks. Maybe 7!

--
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

morons talking about getting the machines about before black friday and before xmas. it is immaterial because the machines will sell out regardless. well that fucking piece of microsoft shit might not sell out. I just don't think there are enough people in the world willing to spend $500 for the privilege of letting the government spy on them in their living rooms. and microsoft cannot comply quickly enough to every one of the NSA's whims.

the PS4 will sell out even if they release it in February.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

With a release date so close to Xmas, Sony must really be struggling to get that latency challenged DDR5 memory to actually work for the system OS. I wonder if there's been a demo yet that hasn't froze or jittered using the PS4 dev kits.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:With a release date so close to Xmas, Sony must really be struggling to get that latency challenged DDR5 memory to actually work for the system OS. I wonder if there's been a demo yet that hasn't froze or jittered using the PS4 dev kits.
What release date?

Troll again. Troll harder.

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Fairweather Pure wrote:Meanwhile, there is rumor of an October surprise from Sony by way of releasing the PS4 early. Whichever company releases first, even if it's just a few weeks, will have a big advantage at the start of this generation.
Quoting myself from the xbone thread!

The October surprise is gaining traction on the interwebs, with October 21st being a possible launch date for the PS4.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fairweather Pure wrote:
Fairweather Pure wrote:Meanwhile, there is rumor of an October surprise from Sony by way of releasing the PS4 early. Whichever company releases first, even if it's just a few weeks, will have a big advantage at the start of this generation.
Quoting myself from the xbone thread!

The October surprise is gaining traction on the interwebs, with October 21st being a possible launch date for the PS4.
I hope that's the date. It will give plenty of time for people to see the fail of it all and pick up Xbox One's that will be available in more total quantity. Sony should really be holding off as long as possible to try and pre-sell as many units before their network is tested and the two consoles are bench-marked.

Could be they are doing that because only like 10K consoles will be ready so it won't crash their network and make them look bad.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

wow, your stupid fucking trolling is getting even worse and less relevant. I thought we hit rock bottom around 2001 for how stupid your posts are.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

No NFL Sunday Ticket for PS3 This Year

August 13, 2013

For the past two years, PlayStation 3 owners have been able to buy the DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket app and watch any NFL game that's not airing in their area. This year? Not so much.

PlayStation has confirmed to IGN that NFL Sunday Ticket will not return to the PS3 this season. A PlayStation representative did not elaborate as to why the app won't be returning, but Microsoft did make a point of touting its partnership with the NFL for the Xbox One back in May.

In the video below, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell declares they look for the best partners possible and "from a technology standpoint, Xbox/Microsoft -- there's no one better."
Awwwww (insert sad face)
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Wasn't it also something stupid like $300? I imagine not many people took advantage of it. If they did they were suckers!

Regardless, this belongs in the PS3 thread.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Legacy of Kain: Dead Sun (PS4, cancelled)

Since news broke regarding the existence and cancellation of PlayStation 4 launch title Legacy of Kain: Dead Sun, media has been slowly seeping out. I have some new images to present and further videos...
Oops! Xbox One gaining exclusives, PS4 heading the opposite direction, losing launch titles.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Perhaps getting off the costco diet will help those sausage hands deflate a bit to handle the controller.
en kærlighed småkager
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

You can't pirate a Costco membership.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:
Legacy of Kain: Dead Sun (PS4, cancelled)

Since news broke regarding the existence and cancellation of PlayStation 4 launch title Legacy of Kain: Dead Sun, media has been slowly seeping out. I have some new images to present and further videos...
Oops! Xbox One gaining exclusives, PS4 heading the opposite direction, losing launch titles.
Crack investigative work there reporting on news two months old.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... e-dead-sun
Dead Sun was in development for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 and apparently also PS4, as a launch title - it's not clear if an Xbox One version was intended. Dead Sun was built on Unreal Engine 3.
So... It was planned for other consoles as well. Regardless, it sounds crappy. Unreal Engine 3 is last gen tech!

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Release date will be announced next week.

October, baby! I just know it! Can you feel it in the air?!?
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

I doubt very much it will be October.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

And I doubt it will be December.

My personal prediction: 1 week before the XBO launches.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Sony Gamescom conference at 1:00 EST.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/08/ ... ive-today/

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Release Date - 15-November. (29-November for Europe.. Maybe Japan too?)

Only bad thing about that is MS hasn't announced the XBO release date. I'm sure they'll now try their hardest to release theirs before the 15th. They are shifty like that!
Last edited by Aslanna on August 20, 2013, 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

MS will release earlier just to say they did. They won't release enough units to cover preorders though. Maybe if they cancel a few more countries....
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

PS4 Launch Titles: 14
Xbox One Launch Titles: 24
PS4

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag (Ubisoft)
Battlefield 4 (EA)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (Activision)
Driveclub (SCE)
FIFA 14 (EA)
Killzone: Shadow Fall (SCE)
Knack (SCE)
Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft)
LEGO Marvel Superheroes (Warner Bros.)
Madden 25 (EA)
NBA 2K14 (2K Games)
NBA Live (EA)
Need for Speed: Rivals (EA)
Skylanders: Swap Force (Activision)
Watch Dogs (Ubisoft)
Xbox One

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
Battlefield 4 (DICE, Electronic Arts)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (Infinity Ward, Activision)
Crimson Dragon (Grounding/Land Ho!, Microsoft Studios)
Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft)
FIFA 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
Fighter Within (AMA Ltd., Ubisoft)
Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)
Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft)
Killer Instinct (Double Helix, Microsoft Studios)
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (TT Games, Warner Bros. Interactive)
Lococycle (Twisted Pixel, Microsoft Studios)
Madden NFL 25 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
NBA 2K14 (Visual Concepts, 2K Sports)
NBA LIVE 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
Need for Speed: Rivals (Ghost Games, Electronic Arts)
Peggle 2 (Popcap, Electronic Arts)
Powerstar Golf (Zoe Mode, Microsoft Studios)
Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)
Skylanders: Swap Force (Vicarious Visions, Activision)
Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
Zoo Tycoon (Frontier Developments Ltd., Microsoft Studios)
Zumba Fitness: World Party (Zoë Mode, Majesco)
Take away launch titles available on both systems:
PS4 Launch Titles:

Driveclub (SCE)
Killzone: Shadow Fall (SCE)
Knack (SCE)
Xbox One Launch Titles:

Crimson Dragon (Grounding/Land Ho!, Microsoft Studios)
Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft)
Fighter Within (AMA Ltd., Ubisoft)
Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)
Killer Instinct (Double Helix, Microsoft Studios)
Lococycle (Twisted Pixel, Microsoft Studios)
Peggle 2 (Popcap, Electronic Arts)
Powerstar Golf (Zoe Mode, Microsoft Studios)
Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)
Zoo Tycoon (Frontier Developments Ltd., Microsoft Studios)
Zumba Fitness: World Party (Zoë Mode, Majesco)
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

That list isn't complete. For example Minecraft is a PS4 launch title. I don't see it on the list. FAIL!
Sony has provided as clear a picture of the PS4 launch window lineup as we've seen so far, revealing a partial list of the 33 titles will be launched for its next-gen console by the end of December in a new PlayStation Blog post.
Honestly 33 games 'by the end of December' is fine with me. Who is going to buy a dozen games on launch day? That's just dumb.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sony is full of "promises". Launch line up is better for Xbox One. Easy to see that. Then we'll see who actually comes through with their post release titles in a timely manner.

Still waiting for The Guardian on PS3...or was it PS2? It's been promised for so long it's hard to remember anymore as the legend is passed down from gaming generation to gaming generation.

For a console that's "all about the games for gamers", PS4 sure has a pathetic unique 3 titles to offer at launch. They road the hype train for months from their E3 presentation but that's wearing thin as I read the comments on various sites about the actual launch titles even from PS4 fanbois.

"Who's going to buy XX titles at launch" is a lame statement. The more choice the better as there are plenty of game genres various people enjoy. The more the better.

Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Lococycle vs....Driveclub?

Biggest news from PS4 plastered all over is that you can get their 59.99 controller in ultra annoying red or blue colors.

Sweet!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Sony is full of "promises". Launch line up is better for Xbox One. Easy to see that. Then we'll see who actually comes through with their post release titles in a timely manner.
We will!
Still waiting for The Guardian on PS3...or was it PS2? It's been promised for so long it's hard to remember anymore as the legend is passed down from gaming generation to gaming generation.
I don't really see how that's relevant to anything. Yep Sony gave you a definite release date on that did they? Pretty sure they didn't give anything other than an estimate. It was planned for 2011 but shit happens. I can see how a single game not shipping reflects poorly on the console as a whole.
For a console that's "all about the games for gamers", PS4 sure has a pathetic unique 3 titles to offer at launch. They road the hype train for months from their E3 presentation but that's wearing thin as I read the comments on various sites about the actual launch titles even from PS4 fanbois.
Launch is still 3 months away. I'm not sure how you can slam them at this time. Why not wait until 15-Nov then come and complain that there's no games for it.
"Who's going to buy XX titles at launch" is a lame statement. The more choice the better as there are plenty of game genres various people enjoy. The more the better.
It's perfectly valid!
Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Lococycle vs....Driveclub?
Zombies.. Crap.
Ryse.. QTE supreme.. Crap. Not even sure why you have this on the list.
Lococycyle.. Could actually be fun.

Red controllers aren't my thing but you can also get blue ones. I use blue ones with my PS3!

Anyway besides Winnow's predictable trolling I just wanted to comment on the UI as they showed more of it. I'm still not a fan of the 'tile' aspects (ala the PSN Store) but it did look like the XMB was still in there as the backbone of the UI so maybe it wont be as bad. There was an annoying sound every time you selected something but hopefully you can turn that off like you can on the PS3.

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Twitch support for PS4 Announced
Today we’re proud to announce that Twitch will indeed be available on the PlayStation 4. This Fall, PS4 owners worldwide will be able to broadcast their gameplay direct to their Twitch channels by simply pressing the new “Share” button found on the DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller. This makes broadcasting a game as easy as playing one (or perhaps even easier!).

For those who prefer to spectate, we’ll also have a viewing app available on the PlayStation 4, creating a complete Twitch experience for PS4 gamers.

According to the Entertainment Software Association, “Fifty-one percent of U.S. households own a dedicated game console, and those that do own an average of two.” With Twitch coming to both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, odds are Twitch is going to be in a lot of living rooms in the very near future. We’re paving the way for every gamer to become an avid broadcaster, and putting those streams in front of more eyeballs than you’ve ever imagined. We thank you all for helping make this possible and we’re looking forward to seeing Twitch on next-generation consoles this Fall.