The Official PS4 thread!

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: The Official PS4 thread!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:It's the line of delayed PS4 exclusives! Maybe to help with the delay they'll release some 10 minute DLCs for $18.86.
You do know that the next PS4 EXCLUSIVE comes out in like two weeks, don't you? I guess not. Either way PlayStation gets Uncharted 4 AND the new Tomb Raider (even if it is 6+ months later) whereas XBO only gets Tomb Raider. Which by the way has turned into just a poor-mans Uncharted!
Winnow wrote:If Indies are all they're going to put out, they could have offered consumers a $99 box!
Since indies don't count I guess it doesn't matter that Ori and the Blind Forest is like the highest rated exclusive XBO (even though it's also on Steam) has? I guess not.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

February 2015 NPD: PS4 tops Xbox One
Of course it does! PS4 outselling the XBO despite costing $50 more. However for that $50 more you do get the superior product so it makes sense people are willing to spring for that premium.

Good news for people interested in an XBO though as that means MS will likely keep the price at $350 for at least another month. Maybe they'll even throw in a year of Gold plus 2 games like they did over the holidays since that's basically the only time XBO outsold the PS4 in the US (much less any other country).

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Features for MLB 14: The Show

Support will end on June 18.

By Jordan SiraniAs of June 18, 2015 you'll no longer have access to MLB 14: The Show's online features, as Sony is disabling online support for last year's entry in its baseball franchise.

On the PlayStation online support page, Sony revealed the online features will be disabled on all platforms, including PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and Vita
Sony doing what Sony does best. Remove features!

It's not like they couldn't just update the rosters for '14 version so those that can't afford 60 every year could still play or anything! Instead, they assured their customers that their baseball games will be dead in a year for those (most) that play online. 60 more $$ or GTFO!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Cry more!

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Oh please, this is how it works elsewhere as well.

M$ is trying to bundle the Xbone with an extra controller and that joke of a game called the Master Chief Collection for $350, and it is STILL an overpriced box of junk.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Yeah. Everyone used to say it was all about the price when the Kinect was bundled and it was at $500. Now even when the XBO is at $350, along with them throwing a bunch of extra shit in with it, the PS4 is still outselling it. The smart consumer realizes PS4 is just the better machine so that makes sense.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Firmware update tomorrow. Cornucopia of stuffs!
PlayStation 4 v2.50 Update

Features coming to PS4 with “Yukimura” include:

- Suspend/Resume* — Supported by nearly all of your PS4 games, you can jump in and out of your games with just the press of the PS button. Quickly switch from Rest Mode to powered-up so you can pick up where you left off.

- Back-Up and Restore HDD to USB — Back-up and restore your hard disc drive data associated with users on your PS4, including settings, saved data, screenshots and video clips as well as games, patches and download data, to and from an external USB drive.

- Find and Connect with Friends — “Yukimura” adds to an already robust set of social tools, bringing several updates to continue making PS4 the best place to play with your friends, including:
+ Facebook Friend Finder — Using your linked account, you can expand your network by searching and connecting with your Facebook friends.
+ Improved Friend requests — Friend requests and Real Name requests can be sent together in one step when adding a friend on PS4.
+ Streamlined Party process — The process to create a Party has been streamlined with a reduction in the number of steps required.
+ Find Friends who play your games — Easily view what friends are playing on each game detail page with a real-time “Friends Who Play This” section, which also highlights which friends are currently online and playing it, and if you own the game, allows you to jump directly into the game.
+ Join Friends directly from news feed — A new tile will be added on your What’s New feed where you can see what your friends are currently playing, enabling you to join in the game if you own it.

- Share Earned Trophies and Optimize Your Trophy List — We know that Trophies are important to many gamers, so we’re bringing more control with how you show them off:
+ Automatic Trophy Screenshots — A screenshot will automatically be captured when a Trophy is earned, preserving the moment to share with friends.
+ SHARE Trophies — Players can share Trophy information to Facebook, Twitter or via Message by pressing the SHARE button.
+ Additional Trophy sorting options — Sort your Trophy list by Earned Date, Not Earned and Grade.
+ Delete 0% Trophies — Remove games from your Trophy list that have zero percent completion.

- Improved and Expanded Accessibility Options — New options added to customize the user experience include:
+ Customized button assignments for DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller.
+ Zoom for displayed pictures and inverted colors for all system functions, apps and in-game.
+ Text-to-speech for all graphical user interface, including Message and Party.
+ Enlarged text for all graphical user interface, including Message and Party, as well as the system’s browser.
+ Bolder fonts and higher contrast UI for all system applications (but will not apply to games or third-party applications).

- Remote Play and Share Play — For games that support 60 fps, users will be able to automatically enjoy those games with 60 fps for both Remote Play and Share Play** on supported devices.

- Automatic Installation for System Software Updates — Enable automatic installation for future system software updates.

- Sub-Account Upgrade — Enable users 18 years of age or older with sub-accounts to upgrade to a master account directly on PS4, removing restrictions on chat and enabling users to add funds to their Wallet, purchase content and more.

- Verified Accounts — Select game developers, producers, designers and community managers will be verified with a badge.

- Dailymotion — Upload video clips directly to Dailymotion via the SHARE button.
Prepare to have your PS4 bricked! (obligatory heading Winnow off at the pass comment)

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

They keep not doing the three things that I think the majority of people are waiting on:
1) Folders on the home screen
2) DLNA (I personally don't give a shit about this)
3) Ability to change your PSN name

Kinda getting tired of waiting for that shit, to be honest.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Tired of waiting for shit you only care 66.666% about? Seems legit!

1) Would be nice but doesn't impact my ability to play games which is what I bought a console for.
2) Would be nice but doesn't impact my ability to play games which is what I bought a console for. Besides I have a Smart TV with Plex so zero interest in DLNA. Not saying other people wouldn't benefit though.
3) Would be nice but doesn't impact my ability to play games which is what I bought a console for. It's also not something I'd consider a FIRMWARE feature.

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Think I might use the PSN name change option, but I seem to remember that it was a real pain in the ass to find something available in the first place
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:Tired of waiting for shit you only care 66.666% about? Seems legit!

1) Would be nice but doesn't impact my ability to play games which is what I bought a console for.
2) Would be nice but doesn't impact my ability to play games which is what I bought a console for. Besides I have a Smart TV with Plex so zero interest in DLNA. Not saying other people wouldn't benefit though.
3) Would be nice but doesn't impact my ability to play games which is what I bought a console for. It's also not something I'd consider a FIRMWARE feature.
Your opinion aside, I'm pretty sure these are the things that are brought up the most, and they continue to do other things first. I really want to change my screen name, and I'm also somewhat of a neat freak, so the lack of folders really bugs me.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I'm most looking forward to the suspend feature. However, I hope they got it right. The feature is pretty touch and go on the Xbone and I'm a bit gun shy of the feature right now.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

PS4 reaches 2m sales in the UK

2m PlayStation 4 consoles have been sold in the UK, MCV can reveal.

Sony’s home console sailed past the milestone over the weekend, and reaches this level faster than it managed to with PlayStation 2. The machine is currently the best-selling UK games console for 2015 so far.

All data is courtesy of retail sales tracker GfK Chart-Track, and is based on their estimates for the total UK market.

“Reaching the milestone of two million PlayStation 4 consoles in the UK in less than 18 months is an achievement we are very proud of,” PlayStation’s UK boss Fergal Gara told MCV.

“To be the best selling 'next generation' console in Britain - installing faster even than the PlayStation 2 - is testament to an amazing and constantly improving product, the hard work of our trade partners and the team at PlayStation UK, and most importantly, the passion of the players. I would like to thank every one involved in helping us achieve this landmark."

PS4 has hit its 2m UK sales mark after 75 weeks on sale. It hit the 1m milestone after 42 weeks.

Worldwide, PS4 has now sold through 22.3m consoles.
PlayStation world domination!

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:
A federal judge has ruled that a class action lawsuit concerning the resolution of Killzone: Shadow Fall may proceed once the lead plaintiff files an amended complaint, according to a release from the US District Court. Lead Plaintiff Douglas Ladore's initial complaint, as reported in August by Courthouse News, alleges that Sony's claim of "razor-sharp 1080p native resolution" is false advertising, as Ladore claims Shadow Fall's multiplayer becomes "blurry to the point of distraction."
So glad this is happening. Sony threw out so much bullshit to sell their PS4s. Driving games that were supposed to be at launch that still suck and partially released a year later. Bullshit claims of native 1080p. I realize the company is desperate and their competition makes more money in a quarter than Sony does in 5-10 years but you can't just say anything you want to sell a product. It''s a good thing this is coming back to bite them.

I don't like Sony's smug approach to selling the PS4. The only company that can be smug is Apple because they plain dominate the competition and have products and numbers to back it up. #2 on the smug approval list would be Microsoft because they don't have to sell anything and would still make shitloads of money off royalties paid by their competition. They could give their Xbox One's away and still make money as a company. Sony can't. PS4 is their last gasp at part of their company that might make a profit, especially now that yet another division is fucking up royalty in Sony Entertainment. As an actor or producer, Sony would be my last choice to bring my talent/product. Add that to loss of PC and Electronics. They have to lie to try and stay ahead. You have to wade through tons of articles about 1st party Sony game companies laying off people to find a story about the rare PS4 exclusive that's been delayed again.
Oh wait.. What was that?
Court dismisses lawsuit surrounding Killzone: Shadow Fall graphics

A U.S. federal court dismissed on May 4 the class-action lawsuit that charged Sony with misrepresenting Killzone: Shadow Fall's visual fidelity, according to a court filing.

Judge Edward M. Chen of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, with the agreement of both parties, dismissed the lawsuit "with prejudice" — a legal phrase that means the plaintiff cannot file another legal action on this issue in the future. Terms of the dismissal were filed under seal, and both sides will have to pay their own legal costs.
Oh.. That's a shame.. lolz

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Terms of the dismissal were filed under seal
Someone got paid off. Sony's stock has gained a few points. Looks like they're able to dish out some hush money now to make things go away.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Best thing to come along for the PS4 since it was introduced:

http://www.geek.com/games/ps4-owners-ga ... r-1625949/

The debates about which console is better, PS4 or Xbox One, can get quite heated. But I’d argue the arguments about which controller is better get even more intense. Well, PS4 owners who quietly prefer the Xbox One controller layout won’t have to suffer for much longer, as you’re getting the option to use it.
True FPS gaming for a playstation. Add 6+ hours to your gaming sessions without developing dualshock claw cramps.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sony Explains What Went Wrong With Driveclub

The long and winding road for Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition is hopefully coming to an end. It was supposed to arrive last October, but months later, Sony says it’ll be available tomorrow. What happened? What took so long? At E3, we asked Sony for an explanation.

Technically, Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition showed up on PlayStation Network yesterday—for a little while. Some people were able to pull up the game’s store page, but it quickly disappeared from the service. What the heck? Then, Sony tweeted this out:

Store update today with the DRIVECLUB PS+ Edition was premature. The servers aren't ready yet, so it's been removed while we get them ready.
June 23, 2015

Sigh. It never ends!

Driveclub launched on PlayStation 4 last fall, albeit with significant server problems. By most accounts, Sony has smoothed out the game into a pretty decent racing game, but it wasn’t a pretty sight for a long time. It was so bad, in fact, Sony had to delay Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition because it wasn’t sure the game could handle an influx of more people playing the game.

Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition has become the butt of endless jokes, a parody of itself. Designed to give PlayStation Plus subscribers a taste of Driveclub that went deeper than merely a demo (and a way to cheaply upgrade to the full version), it was quietly delayed over and over. Rather than promise a date to anyone, it was simply “postponed until further notice.” Not good.

Kotaku’s Stephen Totilo spoke with Sony president of worldwide studios Shuhei Yoshida last week about a range of topics. Eventually, Driveclub came up.

“We are very embarrassed,” said Yoshida, “and we are sorry for that.”

Driveclub’s multiplayer servers were a mess for a while, even for people who’d paid full price for the game. Those people became the priority, as Sony tried to figure out what had gone so wrong.

The servers worked during the game’s closed beta tests, and there were no problems when reviewers were given copies. Everything changed when the masses became involved, though.

“It’s just the number of people the server couldn’t handle,” he said. “The stress-testing was not designed correctly. So it was the oversight. So the team had to go back to the drawing board in terms of server code. And they have been re-factoring and re-engineering server-side to be able to have more people play the game at the same time.”

This wasn’t a bug, which might have been an easy fix. The game’s server architecture was crafted improperly, and it required Sony completely reevaluating how it handles multiplayer.

In response to the Driveclub debacle, Sony established a new “central tech team” to review multiplayer code and closely examine how it will handle thousands and thousands of players.

“We are more stringent in terms of doing proper online beta testing to get more people to play,” he said. “ [...] We went through a new kind of process.”

But even when it arrives tomorrow, there will be some limitations. Everyone can play offline, but online won’t be available to everyone. Instead, Sony will slowly start bringing “more and more players online while continuously ensuring that all game systems are running smoothly.”

Will it work? We’ll have to wait and see.
Sony's server's suck ass. It was a nice marketing scam though!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Froot Loops.

There. I now made MORE sense than your post while using a lot less letters.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote: There. I now made MORE sense than your post while using a lot less letters.
translation: Image
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:
Aslanna wrote: There. I now made MORE sense than your post while using a lot less letters.
translation: Image
Translation: There's no point in seriously engaging with you on any topic.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

There really isn't unless you actually have counterpoints.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

PlayStation 4 dominates Europe with ’70-90%’ of console market

PlayStation 4 is currently enjoying nothing less than 70% market-share in any European nation, SCEE president Jim Ryan has told VG247.

“We have a very significant market leadership,” said Ryan, speaking in Los Angeles earlier this month.

“Well, we have market leadership in every country in Europe, and have very significant market leadership in continental Europe. Extremely significant. I don’t think market-share’s any less than 70%, and frequently greater than 90% in continental Europe.”
Frequently greater than 90%! I'd imagine the 70% is the UK as they are not quite as enlightened as the rest of Europe.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

PlayStation 4 topped hardware sales in the U.S. last month, according to NPD data
Grats, Sony!
In the wake of the NPD numbers released today, Microsoft had some figures of its own to share by way of marketing head Aaron Greenberg.

Greenberg commented on Twitter explaining that Xbox One sales saw a 51% increase year on year, and that the console pulled ahead of its rivals during the week of E3
So now they are breaking it down by weeks... Desperate to remain relevant much, Microsoft?

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Sony Computer Entertainment shipped three million PlayStation 4s in its first quarter fiscal year 2015, the company announced.

The number is up from the previous quarter, in which Sony had shipped 2.4 million PlayStation 4s.

A total of 25.3 million PlayStation 4s have shipped worldwide since the platform’s initial November 15 launch.
So basically 1 million a month. Unstoppable!
Sony increased their forecast for PS4 shipments this year from 16 million to 16.5 million which means that they expect 38.8 million PlayStation 4's to be sold in worldwide by March 31st 2016.
So if PS4 has no exclusives, like Winnow claims (he's wrong), then I guess that means exclusives don't matter in the grand scheme of things. Or price drops. Yet it has still managed to basically double the sales of it's closest competitor.

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

It's just a real shame that it's mobile phone arm almost completely cancelled out the profits that the Playstation arm made.

Had PS4 not been the success that it is, Sony would be in trouble.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Slight aside. I find the console wars entertaining but I'm more interested in how they can make me money as opposed to me giving them money.

Sony's about to make me a lot of money in a few months so I can't bag on them too hard.

http://giznoise.com/2015/07/26/sony-mpc ... projector/

http://www.wired.com/2015/07/stuff-big- ... projector/

My Microvision investment will finally start to pay off.

I've seen the ads prematurely posted that Sony had pulled down. They are marketing it as a PS4 accessory among other things.

It's basically an HD mini projector that can project a 40 to 120 inch screen that you can carry in your pocket. There is no need to focus and you can project on uneven surfaces. I own the Cellulon version of this projector that came out several months back (watched Daredevil series wirelessly streamed from an Amazon FireHD tablet onto my bedroom wall using the projector). The tech is the real deal. The improvements Sony made are keystone correction and including a full size HDMI port. You know what that means right? It can be used with the Xbox One as well! (or anything else that has HDMI)

Judging by this image:

http://giznoise.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... jector.jpg

It looks like it has wireless as well. 3000mAh battery can also be used to charge your phone as an added bonus.

If Sony turns my little 150M cap company into a 2 Billion Cap company, I may even say something nice about the PS4 because I'll be retiring early. For now, I'm just happy it also works on the Xbox One. If Apple ever decides to embed MVIS PicoP tech into their iPads or iPhones:
It could happen! Lenovo has already announced a phone with MVIS tech embedded: (including interactive projected keyboard, etc)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwBem1Ul8dk

It would be nice if my interest and original stock owned partially since 1998 actually delivers on the vision I had of what it could be 17 years ago.

-------------------------------------------------------

back to the grind!

As for exclusives:
Speaking from the the ChinaJoy event this week, Xbox boss Phil Spencer outlined Microsoft's vision for exclusive content on Xbox One. In an interview with Gamecore translated by Dualshockers, Spencer said fans should expect fewer third-party deals for exclusive content going forward; instead, Microsoft wants to focus on first-party.

"My strategy is more around our own first-party franchises, and investing in franchises that we own, and probably fewer exclusive deals for third-party content," he said. "I want to have strong third-party relations, but paying for many third-party exclusives isn't our long-term strategy."

One of Microsoft's most high-profile third-party content deals is for Rise of the Tomb Raider, which will launch this November first on Xbox One and Xbox 360, before coming to PC and PlayStation 4 in 2016.

Spencer went on to say having Rise of the Tomb Raider in Microsoft's lineup this year is "great." But he also said you'll see Microsoft focus more on first-party content going forward. This will be evident at Microsoft's Gamescom briefing next week.

"This year, the fact that we're shipping Halo 5, Gears of War, Forza 6, Fable, we can only do that and build that best lineup we've ever seen really on the back of franchises that we own," he said. "It's great to have Tomb Raider as part of our lineup, but investing in first-party, you'll see more of that at Gamescom next week, is really core to our strategy."

Spencer's comments could be interpreted as a dig at Sony. Earlier this year, PlayStation executive Andrew House said third-party content deals, such as the ones the company has in place for Destiny, Street Fighter V, and Call of Duty: Black Ops III, are integral to the company's business plan. This is an especially important area for Sony this year, House said, because the PS4 first-party lineup is "a little sparse."
That pretty much sums it up. Expect more fancy exclusive costumes in third party games from Sony and great 1st party content from Microsoft.

Windows 10's Xbox One integration is excellent. Stream PC games to your Xbox One and Stream Xbox One games to your PC. Outstanding Xbox One app in Windows 10:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/ ... microsoft/
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Expect more fancy exclusive costumes in third party games from Sony and great 1st party content from Microsoft.
You're dreaming if you think MS will have more 1st party games than Sony. They have a LONG way to go before that happens. When was the last XBO 1st party to come out this year? Has there even been one? None I can think of unless you include indies which I know you don't because indies are evil. And what's on the schedule for the rest this year? Oh yeah yet another Halo game. Yet another Forza. It's funny you were criticizing Sony over and over for having "no games" yet Xbox One has had even less but you've been pretty quiet about that.

And you do realize he wasn't talking about "fancy exclusive costumes" as much as he was referring to dumb things like paying for a year of Tomb Raider exclusivity. Which if you'd read the quote you posted you would have figured that out. Regardless, Microsoft can 'dig at Sony' all it wants it doesn't change the fact that the PlayStation 4 is dominating this console generation and people are choosing it as their preferred console gaming platform and for good reason!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

So Microsoft pays for a year of exclusive Tomb Raider while Sony pays for a little extra content in games to claim they are special on their system.

Still think Xbox One allowing mods for Fallout 4 is the best console exclusive for the biggest game of the year. People went nuts with Skyrim mods.
Why Fallout 4 Mods Are Coming to Xbox One First

As we mentioned, Bethesda has been extremely transparent about the Fallout 4 release and it has been extremely upfront about the difficulties it faces bringing PC Fallout 4 models to console. And in an interview with Gamespot, Hines went into detail about the company’s decision to bring these mods to Xbox One before PS4.

“Why Microsoft? They are a company that is in both of those spaces; they’re heavily in the PC space; they’re heavily in the console space,” Hines said. “They had some pretty good ideas about how to make something like this work.”

“It’s something that [Fallout 4 director Todd Howard] has been after, and hounding folks for, not just Microsoft, but everybody, for a while now,” Hines went on to say about bringing PC mods to console. “The difficulty is there is no real system in place right now today that allows for it in the way we’re talking about it, which is you’re on a PC, you’re making all this stuff on a PC; you’re not just building a new level, you’re making massive, wholesale changes to a game.”

He also notes that because both consoles used closed systems with certain requirements, it makes it difficult to develop a platform that allows users to bring in third-party files into the system. He claims that Microsoft and Sony both have visions of how this will work and it will be up to Bethesda to find the right pieces to the puzzle.

It’s clear that they’ve found at least some of them otherwise they probably wouldn’t have announced this feature during the Fallout 4 press event. This is huge and it could open things up for other games in the future.
Sorry PS4, guess having Microsoft behind PC and console Xbox One games actually does help (plus DirectX 12!). Nice to see the tight integration between Windows 10 and Xbox One.

Maybe PS4 Fallout 4 owners will get an exclusive dog whistle that can call your dog from an extra 5 feet away. Ooooh!

Smartest thing Sony could do is make their 1st party games available on Xbox One because since they have the best console, people will buy it on their system anyway right? They'll make some extra cash off the Xbox One fanbois in the meantime. They have the right idea with the PicoP projector I mentioned earlier. That will be marketed for PS4 but will work on the Xbox One just as well. When you're struggling to make profits, it makes sense to do that. Microsoft makes a sick amount of money each quarter to add to its already huge hoard of cash so they can approach things differently.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

So wait.. It's OK when MS does it, and they basically did it ALL last console generation with the 360 (and for all the good it did them since it still was outsold by the PS3), but when Sony does it then it's just "fancy exclusive costumes"? You really are living in your own delusional fantasy world.

How long have console players managed without being able to utilize game mods? Since forever. It's nice and all but not an issue to me and more than likely a majority of console players. If anything it's there for the developers/publishers benefit since people would hang onto their games longer before selling them at Gamestop.

As for your last point I'm not even sure what that means. Sony could have 0 first party games and I still would have bought the PS4 over the XBO. The MS ecosystem is just gross and I prefer not to be a part of it. If you wish to be that has no impact on me and I couldn't care less. It's your constant assertion that everything they do is more awesome than anyone else that I find amusing and why I even bother to respond to some of your more obvious troll attempts in the first place. There's no need to justify your inferior life choices to me.

In the end it's just a games console and not some life-altering technology.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote: How long have console players managed without being able to utilize game mods?]
That statement makes sense from someone a fan of Sony who thinks it's best to leave the controller as is because of tradition and not because it's better. How long were humans ok with horse and buggy before cars came along? About as long as the PS controller has remained the same I suppose. Automatic windows? Bah, who needs those? Automatic Transmission? We've been fine with stick shifts for years! Console users have been fine without mods. Why change?

I find it hard to believe you don't still use a CRT monitor. They work fine!

Mods are a great way to expand the life of a high quality game. The mods will be free, unlike Sony's DLC third party heartthrob game Destiny. Not sure Sony can pimp that third party game any more than it has. Good thing Microsoft has a lot more skill in dealing with both Consoles and Windows games.

Analogy follows:

Choose Microsoft if you want to modify your gas guzzler into a hybrid or have the option to make your hard top a convertible. Choose Sony if you want to get new custom floor mats for your existing car.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I have no idea why you keep acknowledging this fuckwits existence, aslanna. It can't actually be fun anymore.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Mods are a great way to expand the life of a high quality game. The mods will be free, unlike Sony's DLC third party heartthrob game Destiny. Not sure Sony can pimp that third party game any more than it has. Good thing Microsoft has a lot more skill in dealing with both Consoles and Windows games.
You know that headline in your last quote that you made huge? You might want to read it again. They never said PS4 won't get mod support for Fallout 4. So I'm really not sure the point of your entire post. I'm not even sure it has one.
Funkmasterr wrote:I have no idea why you keep acknowledging this fuckwits existence, aslanna. It can't actually be fun anymore.
Not much!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote: You know that headline in your last quote that you made huge? You might want to read it again. They never said PS4 won't get mod support for Fallout 4. So I'm really not sure the point of your entire post. I'm not even sure it has one.
Yeah how many of us are still playing Skyrim? The moment has passed. Mod support for Fallout will come out mid 2016. Initially for PC and Xbox One. That's six months after the game is released. That's already pretty long. Sony might wait and offer the support on the PS5. They can announce it the same day they announce that an enhanced version of Final Fantasy X is coming to the PS5 after being enhanced for the PS3 and PS4 already. A footnote, like Xbox Live and PN+ freebie games are a footnote. Some may still not have played them.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Aslanna wrote:
Tyek wrote:I have one of the thumbsticks so worn that it slips when I play. The other has a tear. I did not even think to check for warranty. Are they covering them? I used my Amex at Costco, so may be able to get a receipt.
Yes they are covering them. The controllers come with a one year warranty and it's a known defect with early controllers. They changed the material somewhere in the process so it shouldn't be a problem now. I've only just started using new DS4s so only time will tell how they hold up. I would contact Sony and get a service request (whatever they call it) entered. I used the Live Chat option at https://support.us.playstation.com/app/contact_options

My only concern is how much of a stickler they are for a receipt. I did purchase two more DS4s a few months ago which I might have that receipt. Or can get since it was mail order. I guess in theory I could just use that receipt if there's no serial numbers or anything shown.
I finally got around to sending my controllers back. 2 days later they sent me back "factory certified replacements" rather than fixing them. I guess that's another word for a refurb but they look new to me (not a single scratch or signs of wear) so I'm not complaining. So if anyone has that issue happen to them within a year they should get warranty service on them. I did have to end up using the receipt I got when I purchased two additional controllers but as my original ones failed within a year of owning them I didn't feel guilty about it. So even if you're out of warranty and you are thinking about getting an additional controller.. Hold on to the receipt! As long as the model number doesn't change you should be ok. Just wait a few months though as it might be suspicious if you send in a beat up controller after "owning" it for only 2 days.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Winnow wrote: If Sony turns my little 150M cap company into a 2 Billion Cap company, I may even say something nice about the PS4 because I'll be retiring early. For now, I'm just happy it also works on the Xbox One. If Apple ever decides to embed MVIS PicoP tech into their iPads or iPhones:
It could happen! Lenovo has already announced a phone with MVIS tech embedded: (including interactive projected keyboard, etc)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwBem1Ul8dk

Good fucking lord, what kind of company did I invest my money in...while I wait for Sony's gaming projector to take off and the Lenovo phone to be introduced, Microvision announced that Sharp is using their projectors in this thing.

That's a real product. I thought it was an April fools joke. What's up with the Japanese and crazy products. Anyway, it has a MVIS PicoP projector in it's head. Kinda of cool but seriously, who would buy this? I hope a lot of people for my wallet's sake, but I just don't see it outside of Japan.

lol serious wtf.

Check the video out of this thing in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=186&v=HQtIlxe_ZkY
John Legere -- T-mobile US CEO

"Why is this robot smartphone only in Japan?!? I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants one" tweeted to 1.7mn followers. #robohon
whaaat? Maybe it will be outside of Japan after all.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Entered the last cheapo PSN+ year extension card I had. Sony has until 12/15/2016 to impress me! Probably comes down to whether Morpheus turns out good or not. I don't think it will have high enough resolution and Sony said they'll be treating the Morpheus similar to console cycle updates which means it will be absolutely ancient before it gets an update compared to other VR devices.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Oh, BTW, the PS4 is dropping to $350. They really should have stuck in the 1TB drive for that price as well but 500GB is fine for most people for awhile. I think mine is only half full at this point.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

The horrific terrorist attacks in Paris on Friday saw 129 people killed, well over 300 people injured, and 99 of those remain in a critical condition in hospital. France, and the world in general, is still coming to terms with what has happened, but the authorities are hard at work trying to piece together who specifically planned and carried out the attacks.

Islamic State (ISIS) has claimed responsibility for targeting these innocent people at locations termed as “soft” due to their lack of police/military protection. But how was it planned, how did the 8 gunmen (all of whom are now dead) get into France with weapons and suicide vests, and who were their accomplices?

It’s being suggested that the communication tool of choice was the PlayStation 4. While that may seem like a surprising choice, from a terrorist’s point of view it’s one of the safer options. The authorities have been able to monitor standard communication channels (land lines, cell phones, email, Internet browsing) easily for years, but the IP-based voice communication offered on the PS4 is much more difficult to listen in on, as is any peer-to-peer systems used.

Raids have already happened in Brussels, which is the suspected terrorist base of operations for these attacks. One PS4 has been seized so far, with Belgium’s federal home affairs minister Jan Jambon highlighting Sony’s console specifically as in “growing use by terror networks.”
Should really shut down the network in the interest of national security!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Sure, take XBL with it. Oh wait NSA has backdoors into all Microsoft's shit so that's probably ok!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

The PS4 can now emulate PlayStation 2 games
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Not by me, no. Same thing I"d say about the PS4 getting PS3 emulation. Or about XBO getting 360 emulation. Move on, people.

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I think PS2 emulation is pretty cool actually. I there are a lot of jrpgs I missed during that era that interest me. I won't ever buy or play them on PS4, but they interest me, lol.

PS4 is killing it though. SW Battlefront player counts on PS4 are higher than Xbone and PC combined.

I recently added a 4TB HD to my PS4. I bought an external Passport, swapped the drives, cleaned up the 500GB from the PS4 and now use it as an extra 500 GB on my Xbone (bringing the total to 1TB). The drive was thicker than the pS4 allowed, although barely. I did end up removing the metal cage in order to make it fit, but it works great.

I was sick of having to buy games on the Xbone strictly due to lack of space on my PS4. Also, since I leisurely play my games and rarely focus on 1, it was frustrating trying to decide which games I only wanted to keep installed on my PS4. I just installed everything that I have not beaten and still have 2.5 TB remaining. Problem solved.

I have bought 4 games now on Xbone that I really wish I had on PS4 instead: Lords of the Fallen, Sleeping Dogs DE, NHL 16, and Divinity: Original Sin. They all look and run great, but Xbone is my secondary console this gen and I wanted to use it for exclusives only.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Among consoles, PlayStation won Black Friday, says marketing study

Of the three console makers, which one "won" Black Friday? One marketing study says PlayStation, by comfortable margins in the two age groups buying the most video games in the United States.

InfoScout, which tracks purchases made by a network of 300,000 users over three mobile apps, says Sony saw a large gain among the Millennial audience (ages 18 to 35) and a modest pickup among middle-aged consumers (ages 36 to 55). That is compared to those demographics' purchasing decisions on an average day as compared to Black Friday, with its multitudes of discounts, bundles and other enticements to buy.
No surprise there. Better console. Better games. Better value!

--
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

Aslanna wrote:
Among consoles, PlayStation won Black Friday, says marketing study

Of the three console makers, which one "won" Black Friday? One marketing study says PlayStation, by comfortable margins in the two age groups buying the most video games in the United States.

InfoScout, which tracks purchases made by a network of 300,000 users over three mobile apps, says Sony saw a large gain among the Millennial audience (ages 18 to 35) and a modest pickup among middle-aged consumers (ages 36 to 55). That is compared to those demographics' purchasing decisions on an average day as compared to Black Friday, with its multitudes of discounts, bundles and other enticements to buy.
No surprise there. Better console. Better games. Better value!
Just got another one for the bedroom, 279 at Costco!
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

If someone finds a discounted PSN+ card let me know! Haven't seen any good deals on them yet.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:If someone finds a discounted PSN+ card let me know! Haven't seen any good deals on them yet.
They are like $50 normally. Don't be cheap! You made enough on SNE stock to cover 10+ years of PS+.

And seriously.. It's PS+ not PSN+.

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Slick deals / reddit had a deal earlier today for ps+ for $37.45. Deal is dead now though. I grabbed 3yrs worth.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I'm still good through early 2019!

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

PSX today (Saturday)!

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I'm so excited for the final fantasy 7 remake. Like, 4 year old on Christmas eve excited.