The Official PS4 thread!

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Dakanaf
Gets Around
Gets Around

Re: The Official PS4 thread!

Post by Dakanaf »

Do you really not see how I said, twice, that it's not a big deal? And I never asked why no one was shitting their pants over it. But there will be people who buy all three systems without knowing they have they have to connect it to the internet first in order to use it just to play games. I know this from working at a gamestop for three years. Not everyone has high speed internet and just want to play offline games.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

VGChartz has gathered the latest pre-order numbers for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in the US. The data is up to the week ending October 19, 2013. The last time the data was collected was the week ending August 24, 2013.

In the latest pre-order data the PlayStation 4 has gained 125,000 pre-orders for a total of 725,000 in the US. The Xbox One has managed to gain ground on the PlayStation 4 as it gained 175,000 pre-orders during the same time frame. The Xbox One currently sits at 525,000 pre-orders.

Week one sales for both consoles in the US are expected to be pretty similar. At the current pace the PlayStation 4 should sell just over one million units, while the Xbox One should sell just under one million units.

PlayStation 4 - Top 10 Pre-orders

1. Call of Duty: Ghosts - 298,180
2. Battlefield 4 - 273,766
3. Killzone: Shadow Fall - 250,155
4. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - 213,354
5. Watch Dogs - 153,569
6. Destiny - 89,970
7. Madden NFL 25 - 81,119
8. NBA 2K14 - 59,592
9. inFAMOUS: Second Son - 57,562
10. Knack - 40,982

Xbox One - Top 10 Pre-orders

1. Call of Duty: Ghosts - 329,032
2. Battlefield 4 - 153,221
3. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - 137,928
4. Watch Dogs - 95,314
5. Forza Motorsport 5 - 90,573
6. Dead Rising 3 - 86,648
7. Ryse: Son of Rome - 82,888
8. Destiny - 66,448
9. Madden NFL 25 - 58,870
10. Titanfall - 50,347
Not too bad software wise at least as far as pre-orders are concerned. PS4 crushing XBO on just about everything except CoD which isn't much of a surprise. But even that's close!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Getting more Madden preorders is quite the coup.
Dakanaf
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Dakanaf »

The madden preorders shows exactly demographic that made the switch from primarily xbox to playstation.
One of my friends was going to make the switch to ps4 from being an xbox player for years, then he recently put together a gaming pc with an NVidia 770 and can't believe he only played console games for so long and now isn't even buying the ps4 anymore.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I have a fairly top-end PC and even I am still excited for the PS4. Not sure why really but console gaming just has a different feel to it.

--
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

More Infamous pre-orders than Titanfall, haha. Respawn probably shitting in their pants and asking Microsoft if they can release on the good console now.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Yeah the top selling (pre-orders) PS4 exclusive (Killzone) is like 160k more than the top XBO exclusive (Forza). Just goes to show how much XBO sucks!

--
Dakanaf
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Dakanaf »

Console gaming definitely has a different feel to it, and for certain types of games you can't beat a good controller, sitting on your couch. I'll probably buy an xbox one in a few years. Sure, I'd like to get the better system but in the end the games and the controller (which is all subjective and opinion, so stfu winnow) win out over the better fps and graphics any day of the week. I hardly ever turned on my ps3 for games even though I liked the exclusives.

Keep in mind too that pre-orders have nothing to do with actual game sale numbers, mostly just an estimate for hard core gaming audience. Most of the people who will be buying games don't pre-order.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Pre-order numbers are a very important metric for publishers for gauging interest on a title and extrapolating how many discs to manufacture and ship. Otherwise why do you think publishers would bother with pre-order bonuses. It's the same reason you can pre-order games on Steam and Playstation Store.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Oh fuck.. Are we back to looking at VGchartz again? Have they started paying for NPD data now or are they still pulling numbers out of their ass?

It really is a new console war again..
Dakanaf
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Dakanaf »

Yes, very good and valid points Kyoukan. Still nothing to do with actual game sales numbers. The fact is the majority of people who buy games and consoles do not preorder. No doubt the ps4 and its games is going to dominate the holiday season, and the entire console cycle, but to base that on just the pre-orders alone is a little premature, is all I'm saying.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

lol @ pre-orders

If pre orders meant anything, every MMO in existence would have been a massive hit.

Shame PS4 does not multitask or instantly switch between apps and games or prep games in the background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aWrjuBo70o
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:lol @ pre-orders

If pre orders meant anything, every MMO in existence would have been a massive hit.
lolz. Yeah I'm sure you'd say the same thing if it was the other way around. And by that I mean you'd wouldn't.

--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Decided to have my fiancee not get me the PS4 as a late birthday present after all. Quite frankly, we would not get much out of it or the new Xbox. We just do not play enough console games to justify the purchase. Maybe next year, and PS4.

Instead, she is getting me a new Shun 8" Chef Knife! :D
en kærlighed småkager
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

PS4 FAQ!

Some things I really think are a backwards step in there even though they wont affect me personally since I'm getting a PS4 purely for games. So don't care about XLNA, MP3s, etc. But a bit lame to see features not there that the PS3 had (playing of MP3s) just so they can apparently push some services like Music Unlimited.

Nice to see them putting that info out there before the console releases though. Let people make up their own mind. Now Microsoft needs to do the same.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

PS4 Does Not Support External Hard Drives
Sorry, thumb drives.

October 30, 2013

PlayStation 4 will not allow users to use external hard drives, according to a Q&A on the PlayStation Blog. Storage on PS4s will be limited to the next-gen machine's 500GB. Even replacing the internal hard drive limits space -- installing another 9.5mm SATA II HDD is possible, but only so long as its space exceeds 160GB.

We've contacted Sony about how this will affect the transfer of data between PlayStation 4 systems.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/30/ ... ard-drives

Well that blows.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

More crappy PS4 "features" you probably throught would be awesome:

http://kotaku.com/ps4-remote-play-might ... 1455105526
One of the PlayStation 4's coolest announced features is Remote Play, the service that will allow you to use WiFi to mirror and play PS4 games on your Vita. Today, Sony revealed some specifics about how that Remote Play will work—and they caution that it might not work so well when your Vita is on a different WiFi network than your PS4.
So those fancy commercials showing people out and about playing PS4 games on their Vitas....not so much.

Sony is great at marketing. I'll give them that. People love their commercials.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

I've never really considered using either game system as a media storage device (outside of game-based content). For MKV/AVI/MP4/Etc, a flash drive plugged into my TV works fine. Granted, I did need to run an additional opitcal (TOSLink) cable from TV back to receiver, but cables are cheap, and I have 5 TOSLink-In on the receiver. :D.

Of course, the ABILITY to have additional console storage would be nice, but that cuts into their profit potential from the less-savvy folks who may be dumb enough to "upgrade" their systems by purchasing the new OMG250GB model, etc.
en kærlighed småkager
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:
PS4 Does Not Support External Hard Drives

PlayStation 4 will not allow users to use external hard drives, according to a Q&A on the PlayStation Blog. Storage on PS4s will be limited to the next-gen machine's 500GB. Even replacing the internal hard drive limits space -- installing another 9.5mm SATA II HDD is possible, but only so long as its space exceeds 160GB.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/30/ ... ard-drives

Well that blows.
And MS makes you buy their shitty overpriced proprietary hard drives so... It evens out. Yes they said XBO will support external drives... Someday. Surely not at launch.

If I want more storage I'll just go out and buy a larger drive from NewEgg and install it the same way I did for my PS3. Job done.

Anyway, all that stuff (AND MORE!) is in the FAQ link I posted. Thanks for the old news though!
Canelek wrote:Of course, the ABILITY to have additional console storage would be nice, but that cuts into their profit potential from the less-savvy folks who may be dumb enough to "upgrade" their systems by purchasing the new OMG250GB model, etc.
PS4 only comes with one size HDD: 500GB. They don't have different sized SKUs and they don't make you buy their branded HDDs. If you want to 'upgrade' it you can just use any ole laptop sized drive assuming it meets the sizing specs.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

[Show]

SNE crashed close to 18/share pre market. I hope Sony can stay in business long enough to launch their new console. What a crap stock.

Go SONY!

edit: 17.26/share down 10%. What a difference between Microsoft and Sony.

Reality vs fancy marketing

edit: 16.70, gotta rebound at some point. wow
Last edited by Winnow on October 31, 2013, 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Can you take the stock shit out of the thread please? Thanks! Start a new thread if you insist. I'd wager that nobody else cares.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:Can you take the stock shit out of the thread please? Thanks! Start a new thread if you insist. I'd wager that nobody else cares.
No, but I'll spoiler the bad news graphics so you don't have to see. Avert your eyes from bad news! The company is in the shitter big time. It's a factor considering they won't be able to throw money at their console to fix their network issues.
The main culprit when it comes to the revised profit projection, however, is the company's movie arm; Sony Pictures was hurt pretty badly by the poor performance of White House Down, especially when compared with how well The Amazing Spider-Man did the year before.

With all this in mind, the pressure is really on the company for the PlayStation 4 to perform despite it being sold at a loss. Sony seems optimistic, having increased projections for the console, saying it hopes it will "contribute to profitability from an early stage by diversifying its revenue streams through various network services centred on the PSN and by offering rich user experiences."
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Anyway, back on target...

http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/31/50503 ... ison-video
There's no need to mince words: The DualShock 4 feels great.

The two controllers we bought from Amazon and GameStop are larger without being unwieldy, heavier without being uncomfortable and balanced to feel at home in your hands. Everyone who's held the controller in their hands over the last few days at Polygon's New York headquarters thinks Sony got the PlayStation 4's controller right.
One less thing for people to complain about. Although I'm sure we'll constantly hear from "someone" about how the sticks are in the wrong spot.. AMIRITE?!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:Anyway, back on target...

http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/31/50503 ... ison-video
There's no need to mince words: The DualShock 4 feels great.

The two controllers we bought from Amazon and GameStop are larger without being unwieldy, heavier without being uncomfortable and balanced to feel at home in your hands. Everyone who's held the controller in their hands over the last few days at Polygon's New York headquarters thinks Sony got the PlayStation 4's controller right.
One less thing for people to complain about. Although I'm sure we'll constantly hear from "someone" about how the sticks are in the wrong spot.. AMIRITE?!
They said it feels "balanced". Well that's good news since it's completely symmetrical to a fault. They didn't mention anything about the sticks or actually play games with it. So at least the larger penis looking grips are more comfortable it appears. Probably best to actually have them play games with it instead of just 'hold it in their hands".

I'd be interested to see how the touch pad works and if people are happy with the placement/function of that along with extended game play with the joysticks.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

symmetrical to a fault
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Leonaerd wrote:
symmetrical to a fault
Thanks for showing why the two primary inputs, left hand = joystick, right hand = buttons should be in the natural position where your thumbs are. You know, like on arcade games you see in arcades, like the majority of the people even told Sony they preferred, yet they ignored because it didn't look cool and because it's their "DNA". Sony's DNA sucks ass. They should be changing it instead of watching their stock drop 10-12% in a day.

On a positive note, I haven't seen any negative PS4 news in the past hour.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

I'm not getting either new console. What's the point? Steam sales and BF4 will tide me over forever.

Anyway, can't you just buy a third-party controller that has an analog stick layout that you like?
Thanks for showing why the two primary inputs, left hand = joystick, right hand = buttons should be in the natural position where your thumbs are
=P~
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Leonaerd wrote:I'm not getting either new console. What's the point? Steam sales and BF4 will tide me over forever.

Anyway, can't you just buy a third-party controller that has an analog stick layout that you like?
True, people may also want to replace the PS4 controller because the annoying blue glowing light can't be turned off, especially anyone that plays in darker rooms with reflective screens. PS4 controller works on 360. Shame Xbox One controler won't work on PS3.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:like the majority of the people even told Sony they preferred, yet they ignored because it didn't look cool
"majority of the people told Sony they preferred" lol. Nice hyperbole. Prove that a majority of the people said that. Oh wait.. CAN'T.
Winnow wrote:On a positive note, I haven't seen any negative PS4 news in the past hour.
I didn't see any negative since they announced it. Luckily I'm getting a games console to, you know, play games and shit. Which is why I have no interest in Microsoft's sports/TV box. Sony didn't take anything away from the PS4 they just didn't carry some of it over. That's not even the same thing. Just like Miscrsoft took way the Start button in Windows 8 and you lapped that shit up.
Winnow wrote:True, people may also want to replace the PS4 controller because the annoying blue glowing light can't be turned off, especially anyone that plays in darker rooms with reflective screens. PS4 controller works on 360. Shame Xbox One controler won't work on PS3.
Oh wait, let me guess, I'm sure a MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE told Sony they didn't like the light either. Screwdriver and a wirecutters and your problem is solved. Or hell even a strip of duct tape. Move the fuck on already.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

In an interview with GamesBeat, Sony head of product planning Toshimasa Aoki spoke out about what the company was attempting to achieve with such a move and why, ultimately, it was abandoned.

"For the analog sticks, we did test having the analog sticks on top, since the Xbox has the left side on top [above the D-pad]," he said. "Especially from the shooter teams — we got feedback that that’s what they wanted. They knew that consumers liked the 360 for shooters."...

...So unless around 80 percent of the feedback agreed upon a change, it wasn't done.

The management team really felt that having this look is the PlayStation look, and we had to keep that.
"Playstation look" lol. We know at least 80% didn't want the change. Gee, that's good to know. Somewhere between 50% and 80% preferred Xbox style. If it was less than half, they would have said that. Probably 79% as they already cranked up the "required" feedback pretty damn high for a change. You'd see 85% if they had over 80% so they could keep their "better to look good than to feel good" controller.

whatever. The design sucks and even Sony management knows it. I guess it didn't look good in commercials so they kept the outdated setup.
The PS4 will not play CDs. It also won’t support MP3 playback, nor will it include a music visualizer. These decisions – apart from the loss of a music visualizer, which is a tragedy – can be traced back to Sony’s pushing of its cloud-based music service, Music Unlimited.
This is great. Unbelievably basic functionality taken away so they can pimp their streaming. Can't play MP3s? Can't play music CDs? wow.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:
In an interview with GamesBeat, Sony head of product planning Toshimasa Aoki spoke out about what the company was attempting to achieve with such a move and why, ultimately, it was abandoned.

"For the analog sticks, we did test having the analog sticks on top, since the Xbox has the left side on top [above the D-pad]," he said. "Especially from the shooter teams —we got feedback that that’s what they wanted. They knew that consumers liked the 360 for shooters."...
Wow. They "got feedback". CLEARLY A MAJORITY. Once again I accept your apology. This is becoming a regular thing!

You don't need to make things larger we're capable of reading a quote and picking out the relevant bits ourselves.
Winnow wrote:
The PS4 will not play CDs. It also won’t support MP3 playback, nor will it include a music visualizer. These decisions – apart from the loss of a music visualizer, which is a tragedy – can be traced back to Sony’s pushing of its cloud-based music service, Music Unlimited.
This is great. Unbelievably basic functionality taken away so they can pimp their streaming. Can't play MP3s? Can't play music CDs? wow.
How did they take away functionality from a product that hasn't even released yet lol. They never announced the PS4 would play CDs. Or MP3s. Therefore nothing was "taken away".

BTW when it the last time you used your 360 to play audio CDs or MP3s? Thought so. Apology accepted!

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Now that I've once again defeated the troll for the time being..
Next month, PlayStation 4 games will join the PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection for the first time, along with five other titles for Sony's existing platforms, the company announced today.

Two PS4 titles, Housemarque's Resogun and Compulsion Games' Contrast, will be available free to PlayStation Plus members as of Nov. 15, the day the console launches in North America. The latter title is a replacement for the PS Plus Edition of DriveClub, since publisher Sony Computer Entertainment delayed the racing game into early 2014 earlier this month.

PlayStation 3-owning Plus subscribers will be treated to free downloadable copies of ibb and obb from Sparpweed and Codeglue (regularly $9.99); Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen from Capcom (regularly $39.99); and Binary Domain from Sega (regularly $19.99). And the two PS Vita titles for the month of November will be Soul Sacrifice from Marvelous AQL, Comcept and SCE Japan Studio (regularly $35.99), and Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD from Just Add Water (regularly $14.99).

Sony tends to release one or two free games to Plus members each week.
And that's how it's done, Games for Gold. Give your (360) users some value for their $60 rather than a bunch of ads shoved down their throat.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
How did they take away functionality from a product that hasn't even released yet lol. They never announced the PS4 would play CDs. Or MP3s. Therefore nothing was "taken away".

BTW when it the last time you used your 360 to play audio CDs or MP3s? Thought so. Apology accepted!

Are you serious? You could probably get a free CD player out of a box of cereal that would play CDs and MP3s. They are purposely blocking features that would cost them nothing to provide.

I know PS4 sucks ass as a multimedia center already compared to Xbox One but seriously, crippling it is weak sauce even from Sony.

MP3s? Music CDs? Better have internet if you want to use it as a Blu Ray player for movies! Guess the people that bought PS3 over Xbox 360 last gen don't have much of a reason to do the same this time. Can't even play an MP3.

You get jack shit for an apology.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Are you serious? You could probably get a free CD player out of a box of cereal that would play CDs and MP3s. They are purposely blocking features that would cost them nothing to provide.
You can't "block" a feature that never existed. How dense can you be?
Winnow wrote:You get jack shit for an apology.
Meanie.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
Winnow wrote:Are you serious? You could probably get a free CD player out of a box of cereal that would play CDs and MP3s. They are purposely blocking features that would cost them nothing to provide.
You can't "block" a feature that never existed. How dense can you be?
Spin it any way you want if you're ok with basic functions like playing an MP3 being purposely omitted, good for you. Maybe they'll make playing MP3's available to + subscribers. Add $10/year to unlock playing a music CD.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

If anyone is spinning anything around here it's you.

And you never answered the question.. When was the last time you played an audio CD in your 360? I'm going to guess it's 1 of 2 answers: 1) Never or 2) 2 minutes ago just to say you did it.

Anyway I am fine with those features not having been implemented since as I stated I bought a games console for one thing: playing games. I don't do any of that other stuff with my PS3 and I hadn't planned on doing it with a PS4.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote: Anyway I am fine with those features not having been implemented since as I stated I bought a games console for one thing: playing games. I don't do any of that other stuff with my PS3 and I hadn't planned on doing it with a PS4.
Console discussions can be broken down in two ways. What you want and what's best for the success of the console. If you want to talk only about what matters to you in a console that's fine. There's a bigger picture though when it comes to the success or longevity of a console. The more people that like/buy a console that you like, the better it is for you. Some dude may think the original Atari joystick is the best thing ever but a console coming out today with that joystick isn't going to sell very well.

Considering the PS4 was used less percentage of the time for gaming than the 360 and more for media viewing, it kind of makes sense for it to have the most basic of multimedia functions. There are retards out there that still buy CDs. Some are bright enough to have figured out how to convert their CDs into MP3s. Less and less people have traditional home theaters that include a receiver, CD player, etc. The trend is for even less to have them in the future. What the non audiophile is left with is the console as a means to play media in the living room. Basic MP3 playing capability, whether wirelessly streamed from the PC, played from a USB, or saved directly the the console HD is a no brainer and costs ZERO to include. So I say again, you can spin it any way you want, but leaving out the ability to play MP3's is just plain lame. Microsoft has their own music service as well but they don't cut off their users from playing MP3s because of it. Using music CDs make little sense to me but I've been inside a Wal Mart. I've seen what your average redneck buys in there. Why the fuck not let the rubes play their god damned CDs?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Spin it some more!

A better question would be: Since you seem to hate the PS4 so much for all the (unannounced) FEATURES THAT HAVE BEEN REMOVED I take it you've cancelled your preorder.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Are you nuts? At the rate Sony removes features, it's best to buy the first consoles off the production line. My PS3 has backward compatibility, extra USB slot, memory card reader, and is hacked so it can still use linux.

Soon after launch:

-imagine engine gone
-memory card reader gone
-extra USB slot (while poorly placed) gone
-linux gone

+rumble added! (well kind of added, it existed with PS2 but those smartypants Sony people thought no one wanted rumble, probably like no one wants to play MP3s)

I thought Sony DNA was to make their consoles look like grills. Maybe they just have to have odd shapes and useless lights with symmetrical controllers that look good in commercials.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

I would say the last gen proved price was important for initial install base. As the wii was cheapest and sold what appeared to be best at release. 360 was 100 cheaper than the ps3...it sold significantly better. I would imagine at the same price difference this time around, the figures will be reversed to favor the ps4 this season. Of course, if neither can make enough, then they will just shunt their own sales.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Mp3 update coming in the next PS4 patch.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fairweather Pure wrote:Mp3 update coming in the next PS4 patch.
these features are set to hit PS4′s consoles by late 2013- to early 2014. Which we hope Sony will deliver sooner upon. From what we know these features are being packed in the 2nd forth coming PS4 firmware update. Also these details were hinted today when Shuhei Yoshida made a post on twitter stating that he had a discussion with other PlayStation 4 development team members about received feedback.
Ah "feedback" again. Feedback regarding the controller didn't make the cut, but feedback regarding something that shouldn't need "feedback" was added. Nice!

Based on MP3s now being added, I expect a surge in SNE's stock price. This is amazing news. It's down again into the $16's today but after all the margin calls are done for those that are losing their A$$, around end of Monday or Tuesday it should go up again or at least stop plummeting.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Kluden wrote:I would say the last gen proved price was important for initial install base. As the wii was cheapest and sold what appeared to be best at release. 360 was 100 cheaper than the ps3...it sold significantly better. I would imagine at the same price difference this time around, the figures will be reversed to favor the ps4 this season. Of course, if neither can make enough, then they will just shunt their own sales.
I'm sure it was one factor however I don't think it's that simple. The 360 launched a year earlier than the PS3. And if you consider global sales, not just the US, the PS3 outsold the 360. Maybe not by a ton but the last numbers I saw said that was the case. I wouldn't be surprised if in the US the XBO still does slightly better than the PS4 just because a lot of people wont want to 'jump ship' as it were due to friends, achievements, etc. And $100 isn't a ton of money in the grand scheme of things considering games are $60.
Fairweather Pure wrote:Mp3 update coming in the next PS4 patch.
Ha. Winnow now looks like a dumb-dumb for having gone on and on about no MP3.
The future update that is in process to be rolled out shortly after the PS4′s launch(November 15th) will include the following detailed features listed below:

Legacy headset support
Mp3 support for not only in-game but non gaming as well.
Suspend and resume play feature
Of course now we know about the PS4 thanks to their thorough FAQ.. What about XBO?
While Microsoft has yet to comment on MP3 or DLNA support for the Xbox One (they have stated you won't be able to use the One as a Windows Media Center extender), many fear Microsoft will be following suit
I will laugh my ass off if the XBO doesn't support those. Of course unlike Sony, Microsoft hasn't let people know one way or the other what all the console can or can't do other than SPORTS. What do you have to hide Microsoft?!
Last edited by Aslanna on November 1, 2013, 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

--
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

The xbox one is designed from the ground up to suck money out of your wallet. it will not play MP3's out of the box at all because there is no financial gain for MS to enable it. people like winnow who never pay for anything and just pirate it have turned these machines in to DRM filled shit boxes. the machine will only do things that cost money. if you want to play music you will have to get a gold account and stream pandora or some other similar service.

I am starting to get a good mental image of winnow's living room though. a $5 CD player and a 15 year old zenith CRT that reflects light off the glass screen.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

You described my living room to a T. You're a fucking genius!

You can only comment on what you know at the time and not providing initial MP3 support until they received "feedback" was beyond moronic. Good thing that's been fixed.

Maybe after the hedge funds get control of SNE, we'll see an alternate PS4 controller ergonomically designed based on feedback in a later PS4 version, with option to turn off any bright glowing lights not needed.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:You can only comment on what you know at the time and not providing initial MP3 support until they received "feedback" was beyond moronic.
The problem is your comments make you look stupid due to the way you deliver them.. "lolz Sony can't even make a console that plays MP3s no wonder their stock is sucking so bad durrr".

Besides which just because it didn't support something at launch doesn't mean it wasn't planned to be added later. That's the beauty of software it can be updated omg!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
Winnow wrote:You can only comment on what you know at the time and not providing initial MP3 support until they received "feedback" was beyond moronic.
The problem is your comments make you look stupid due to the way you deliver them.. "lolz Sony can't even make a console that plays MP3s no wonder their stock is sucking so bad durrr".
Maybe it's your lack of reading comprehension that's the issue. I didn't say anything close to "they can't even make a console that plays MP3s". I said they didn't provide that simple functionality where it's probably more of an effort to prevent playing MP3s than allow it.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Despite the presence of quote marks it's clear to anyone it wasn't a direct quote. I was simply condensing your posts from the previous 24 hours into an easily digestible form.

Perhaps that wouldn't be so easy if all your posts didn't come across as "blahblah Sony's network sucks blahblah Playstation controller sucks blahblah Sony stock sucks blahblah" over and over.

You're giving parrots everywhere a bad name, Spinderella.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Getting back on track....

Best Buys' midnight launch plans for both consoles:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/01/ ... s-detailed
If you pre-ordered either system, you do not need to attend a midnight opening in order to get your system, games, and accessories; pre-orders will be held for eight days following launch. If your order is not picked up during that window, though, it will be canceled. Whether you pre-ordered in-store or through BestBuy.com and chose in-store pickup, your pre-order is only good for the store you selected -- it will do you no good if you go to a different store.

For those attending a midnight opening, there are several things you must bring with you. Anyone with an online pre-order needs to have a government-issued photo ID, the credit or debit card used on the order (assuming something like PayPal wasn't used), and the order number. In-store pre-orders require you to have the same sort of ID and the deposit receipt given to you when the pre-order was placed.

"We are anticipating lines to form at many of our stores so we recommend that you arrive early," a Best Buy Q&A reads. "The processing of pre-orders will begin up to 2 hours before midnight and will begin with the front of the line and continue in the order that people arrived. While your pre-order may be processed before midnight, no consoles will be given to customers until after 12:01 a.m."

"Limited quantities" of each console will be available for those without a pre-order in addition to the allotment of systems for those with one. Tickets for these non-pre-order systems will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis for however many systems are available. This process will begin two hours before the midnight launch, and there will be a limit of one per customer.

While some stores might be different, Best Buy says most will have one line for pre-order customers and one for those hoping to get a system without one. Orders for all pre-order customers will be processed before those without one.

Those with pre-orders are encouraged to make sure their credit or debit card has the necessary balance for the order to be processed. The card will be authorized again before the order is filled, and if the balance isn't large enough or the card is canceled, the order itself may be canceled. Should you need to change any payment information, you can contact Best Buy at 1-888-237-8289.

Not all Best Buy locations will be opening at midnight for the launches. To find out which stores will be hosting midnight release events, check out the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 pages on Best Buy's website.

In North America, PlayStation 4 is scheduled for release on November 15 and Xbox One on November 22. For more details on both systems, check out IGN's PS4 wiki and Xbox One wiki, as well as our up-to-date lists of PS4 launch titles and Xbox One launch titles.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Nov 5 (Reuters) - Sony Corp plans to charge a monthly fee of $9.99 in the United States and 6.99 euros ($9.40) in Europe for playing multiplayer online games on its PlayStation 4 (PS4) console scheduled to debut this month, the Nikkei business daily reported without citing sources.
rofl? grats 120/year for your multiplayer games. lol

too funny

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sony-char ... 29814.html