The Official PS4 thread!

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: The Official PS4 thread!

Post by kyoukan »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGjSJwlHK6M

Interesting video from Tested that shows the load times on various types of after market HD's in the PS4. Will recommends installing a hybrid SSD. I probably won't bother until I have too much shit on my HD. Sony and MS are kind of dropping the ball on HD size this generation. You already can barely find a 500 gig HD for sale anyway. In 3-4 years it will be a joke.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

True but when the 360 and PS3 were released they weren't exactly very roomy either. Although I guess most people just ran games off the optical drive. At least with the PS4 you can replace it with an off the shelf drive assuming it meets the requirements. I'll probably replace mine eventually with a 1.5TB but I think the 500GB will hold out for long enough. I'd rather have that then have them include a cheapo 1TB HDD and charge another $50. I wouldn't really call it dropping the ball so much as trying to get a console out that appeals to price-conscious consumers. But yeah I replaced the drive in my PS3 with a 750GB years ago.

PS4 is selling at a $19 loss per console. So I guess Sony lost $19+ million last week! Although I'm sure they already made that up in peripheral and PS+ sales.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I read that Sony is in the black once a customer buys 2 games.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

I think every console sells at a loss at launch. The hardware is too "cutting edge"

I mean, except for the Xbone at $100 more expensive for inferior hardware. But considering MS will probably have to replace 75% of their launch consoles on warranty they probably needed a price cushion.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

The PlayStation 4 version of Call of Duty: Ghosts runs at a higher frame-rate than 60 FPS "on a fairly frequent basis," according to a post on Eurogamer from the Digital Foundry.

When comparing the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One versions of the game, reviewers — including our own — spotted problems with the game's struggle to maintain a steady frame-rate on PS4. According to the Digital Foundry, however, this problem is not a slowdown on the PS4 as originally thought.

"Taking the affected clips and running them through our performance analysis tools, we expected the results to show clear frame-rate drops and small bouts of tearing, but surprisingly this wasn't the case at all, with the results showing us a largely locked 60FPS bar one or two minor dips and a solitary torn frame," the post reads. "Furthermore, when seeking through the footage in performance-affected areas we were confronted with unique frames on a consistent basis, thus indicating a 60fps update that we just didn't feel when playing the game."

Captures revealed that scenes thought to be experiencing frame-rate loss were actually evidence of skipping or incomplete frames. The effect was caused by a frame-rate that frequently runs higher than 60 FPS and was "far more noticeable" to players than the drops to 50 FPS or on the Xbox 360 edition of the game.
Interesting! So it has nothing to do with the PS4 not being able to run it at 1080p 60fps but running faster than that. I guess Winnow needs to go back and edit about half his posts in this thread. That's one of the downsides to bashing things based on the first article you see with negative info and rushing here to post it.

Apology accepted!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

PS4 only has SATA 2 so that's another reason a hybrid HD choice isn't a bad one since Sony didn't spring for SATA 3 (same with Xbox One internally I think) to support faster drives...although USB 3 which is 5Gbit/s (Xbox One will support) will offer a faster throughput than SATA II. (3 Gbit/s)

It's possible you may be loading games from an external HD on the Xbox One faster than an internal PS4 HD.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

The PS4 uses a SATA 3 (SATA-600) controller that has a transfer APUed of 6 Gb/s
Just because the drive they have installed is SATA 2 doesn't mean the controller is SATA 2.

Troll again. Troll harder.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
The PS4 uses a SATA 3 (SATA-600) controller that has a transfer APUed of 6 Gb/s
Just because the drive they have installed is SATA 2 doesn't mean the controller is SATA 2.

Troll again. Troll harder.

Did you get that from neogaf quoting the info as not accurate?
This webpage provides information on the Sony PlayStation 4 console (code named Orbis) that will probably arrive sometime in 2013. It will be updated regularly as more PS4 secrets are uncovered in the public, so visit often for the latest scoop. Please link to this webpage, rather than copy the contents. If you have a secret, you can leave a forum message at: PS4 Discussion Forum. Because the PS4 can run PS3 games (in High Definition, not Standard Definition mode like NTSC and PAL), you should visit the PS3 Secrets webpage for PS3 APUcific information. Note that the PS4 has not been released, so the information is not accurate nor predictable 100%, and some technology may end up being in a future model (like the PS5).
Is there a current source from one of the PS4 teardowns?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

'PS4 Winning The War Against Xbox One' - Retailers

Retailers say that demand for Sony's PS4 far outstrips that for Microsoft's Xbox One.

According to a number of retailers, demand for the PS4 is outstripping demand for the Xbox One to a significant degree and, as a result, Sony is "winning the war".

"Sony has definitely captured the hearts and minds of the independent sector," Game's Centre's MD, Robert Lindsay told MCV.

"We’ve had fantastic support from CentreSoft and Sony for the PS4 launch, which has helped make it our biggest launch ever," Lindsay continued.

That sentiment was backed by the MD of another independent retailer, Don McCabe of Chips, who said that PS4 orders are up five to one over the Xbox One.

"They’re winning the war," said McCabe. "Sony has the enthusiasm and they want to be No.1".

There have been reports, prior to the PS4 and Xbox One going on sale, that the PS4 was outselling the Xbox One in terms of pre-orders, as well as consumer polls that suggested the PS4 would indeed outsell its rival console.

With the Xbox One now on sale worldwide and the PS4 available in the US and shortly to be on sale in the UK on 29 November, it now seems that those predictions are proving to be correct.

It will be interesting to see how Microsoft goes about trying to turn things back in their favour.
Go go PS4! I'm sure the PS4 sales will be 2+ million come 01-Dec once it has been launched in EUR.

--
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

sounds kind of weird considering both machines sold out their initial run of consoles. although I guess MS did okay worldwide, Sony is expecting to sell another million on their european launch. And of course the Japanese still have a huge section of gamers that are looking for a new console (the ones that aren't playing puzzle and dragons on their iphone) and Microsoft has no traction in that country.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Does anyone know if Sony has been able to get more units on shelves in the US since launch? I haven't heard one way or the other, but I assume not. I think they're firmly concentrating on the EU launch right now.

Whoever resupplies consoles quicker will have a huge advantage headed into Xmas.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fairweather Pure wrote:Does anyone know if Sony has been able to get more units on shelves in the US since launch? I haven't heard one way or the other, but I assume not. I think they're firmly concentrating on the EU launch right now.

Whoever resupplies consoles quicker will have a huge advantage headed into Xmas.
The previous articles I posted (months ago) indicated that Microsoft had the faster supply chain and would be able to produce more units during the holidays.

If it comes down to both consoles being sold out, Xbox One may have the advantage even if the PS4 is initially preferred. The articles I posted were about as trustworthy as what Aslanna just posted (not very reliable/lacking hard facts) so who knows.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Fairweather Pure wrote:Does anyone know if Sony has been able to get more units on shelves in the US since launch? I haven't heard one way or the other, but I assume not. I think they're firmly concentrating on the EU launch right now.

Two of my friends were both able to order PS4's from Best Buy last week, so they must be getting some in.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Electronics retailer Fry's Black Friday deals feature discounts on hardware including the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PlayStation Vita, as well as significant price reductions on subscriptions to PlayStation Plus and Xbox Live, according to the store's Black Friday flyer.

Beginning at 9 a.m. PT at participating Fry's stores, shoppers can grab a one year membership to PS Plus for $27.99, $22 below its regular price, or a three-month subscription to Xbox Live Gold at $10 off for $14.99.
Nice deal on PS Plus. Wish it was a digital offer. Not worth fighting crowds. Somewhere mentioned that Gamestop and Walmart might have PS Plus for 30.00 on Black Friday.

Can you keep adding year subs? If I bought two 30.00 year subs does it extended it out 2 years like Xbox Live? Was thinking of getting three of them so I don't have to deal with subs for awhile if I find one that's a digital code instead of physical card.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Can you keep adding year subs? If I bought two 30.00 year subs does it extended it out 2 years like Xbox Live? Was thinking of getting three of them so I don't have to deal with subs for awhile if I find one that's a digital code instead of physical card.
Yes. I'm currently good until 2016. They just add on to your existing subscription.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Didn't see any at that price in the eBay app
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Boogahz wrote:Didn't see any at that price in the eBay app
I'm going with the 29.99 deal from Amazon since it's a digital code and hassle free. Starts at midnight pacific time.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Newegg has them now for $30. Will pick up 2 I guess!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6879260003

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:Newegg has them now for $30. Will pick up 2 I guess!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6879260003
I picked up the download code for 29.99 at gamestop. Amazon still shows 49.99 and Newegg shows sold out.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Yeah out of stock now at NewEgg. Sorry! I managed to get 2. I'll be set for awhile (2019!) as far as PS+ goes. Going to sit on these awhile and see if Sony ever has a 12+3 deal again and redeem them at that time.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I finally got my confirmation from Gamestop for my first 1 Year PN + so I bought another one. Good for two years. I haven't turned on my PS4 since getting my Xbox One but that will change sometime down the road.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

No PS4 items for Dec PS+ but here's what is coming as far as freeness goes:

GRID 2 (PS3)
Borderlands 2 (PS3)
Dyad (PS3)
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (PS Vita)
Urban Trial Freestyle (PS Vita)

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Hmm Amazon just went to 29.99. They waited until 1am PST not 12am. I would have rather gotten them via Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/1-Year-PlayStatio ... ation+plus
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I can't redeem my codes on PSN. According to a news article, Sony shut down redeeming codes for games etc due to their network being unable to cope.

I hope they borrow some money and get a few more (100's of thousands) servers online.

Must suck today if you bought a game and can't play or bought a new PS4 and can't activate PN+.

edit:
The numbers are shown for both systems with each different hard drive installed.....

From game select on XMB to toon select in DCUO:
PS3 HDD - 1:56.3
PS3 SSD - 1:08.9
PS4 HDD - 0:54.28
PS4 SSD - 0:41.73

From toon select into lair with everything rendered:
PS3 HDD - 0:53.2
PS3 SSD - 0:27.2
PS4 HDD - 0:47.95
PS4 SSD - 0:19.18

From my lair in Tomorrow District to Hospital for Vengeance (waiting for everything to render after arrival):
PS3 HDD - 2:19.8
PS3 SSD - 0:45.8
PS4 HDD - 1:21.69
PS4 SSD - 0:42.60

Loading out of DDPD and waiting for everything to render (always seemed ridiculously long here on my stock PS3 so I checked it):
PS3 HDD - 1:48.3
PS3 SSD - 0:29.6
PS4 HDD - 0:47.22
PS4 SSD - 0:19.70

Supersonic Flight from DDPD to ACE for T4 solos (waiting for everything to render):
PS3 HDD - 2:03.9
PS3 SSD - 0:54.8
PS4 HDD - 1:18.02
PS4 SSD - 0:47.92

Average of 6 loading screens:
PS3 HDD - 0:48.9
PS3 SSD - 0:13.3
PS4 HDD - 0:22.32
PS4 SSD - 0:12.78
Someone over on DCUO forums did some comparisons for that game with/without SSD

It's impressive and appears worth it (SSD or Hybrid) in either PS3 or PS4.

I'm eying a 1TB hybrid. The only one I've seen is for 89.99 on Newegg which is a great price but it's a Seagate. Seagate sucks in general.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6822178340

The price sure seems right but it's a limited offer. It's only a 5400 RPM drive. I don't think the scores will be quite as good as pure SSD and maybe not as good as previous hybrid scores. Probably wait and research some more.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Winnow wrote:I can't redeem my codes on PSN. According to a news article, Sony shut down redeeming codes for games etc due to their network being unable to cope.

I hope they borrow some money and get a few more (100's of thousands) servers online.
Funny that you'll tell someone to "suck it the fuck up" when they complain about having to grind races for 80 hours to buy an expensive car in Forza but you'll bellyache about not being able to enter in your imaginary PSN codes you can't afford.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Your schtick is tired.

I see now on the Vita how Sony rapes you with the ridiculous memory card prices with proprietary mini SD memory marked up like 90%. Christ, it's as bad a scam as buying a printer. They give those away and then ass fuck you on the cartridges. Zero internal memory in the Vita? Wow. Can we be a little more of a cheap ass company Sony? What did the dude that pays for your stuff have to say about that?
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Let me know if you need to borrow any money for a memory card. I understand you spend what little income you might have on official russian meteorites.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I know you can get whatever you want but I don't have your skillz. I suppose you earn your money kind of for what you are.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:
Sony will sell every PS4 at a loss

Masayasu Ito, Sony Computer Entertainment senior vice president, has admitted that for every PS4 console sold, Sony will be losing money. In other words, the cost of manufacturing and shipping the console costs more than the retail price.
STAT | $471—Amount it costs Microsoft to manufacture each Xbox One, according to research firm IHS; this compares to a manufacturing cost of $381 for the PS4, which means neither device makes a profit at retail considering discounts and marketing costs

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
Winnow wrote:
Sony will sell every PS4 at a loss

Masayasu Ito, Sony Computer Entertainment senior vice president, has admitted that for every PS4 console sold, Sony will be losing money. In other words, the cost of manufacturing and shipping the console costs more than the retail price.
STAT | $471—Amount it costs Microsoft to manufacture each Xbox One, according to research firm IHS; this compares to a manufacturing cost of $381 for the PS4, which means neither device makes a profit at retail considering discounts and marketing costs
The point is Microsoft is downing in cash and can afford to initially lose money. They wrote off close to one billion on the Surface and still had a record quarter in revenue. Sony has hedge funds harassing it and dept up to it's eyeballs. Microsoft is in a much better position to fix any issues and have enough servers to handle network loads, unlike Sony that was unable to process any form of redeemable voucher, games, upgrades, subscriptions, etc for 24+ hours due to either incompetence (horrible programmers/network engineers) or lack of servers. Most likely both.

People bitch about microtransaction in Forza (just play the game instead of bitch and you'll get your cars) but at least Microsoft got a 1st party racing game out at launch. Sony's launch titles are laughable and it's the first time ever there wasn't a 1st party racing game available at launch of the Playstation platform. Which platform was the most rushed?

On a positive note, you'll see less comments from me about the PS4 controller vs Xbox One controller. Besides the poor joystick placement, the controller is passable this time so far. (option/share buttons poorly placed/designed and penis handles not quite as comfortable but at least textured instead of slippery, triggers not as good as XB1 but much better than PS3, slight creaking noises from poor case design)
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

jesus weeping fuck, what a monotonous fucking troll
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

kyoukan wrote:jesus weeping fuck, what a monotonous fucking troll
Add whore to that and you've described yourself.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Seriously, can you even go one fucking day without hitting your stupid checklist of boring trolls about the same fucking topic? What would happen to you if you missed your daily litany of worthless fucking garbage? Is it a psychological compulsion or are you just this desperate for attention?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Early data shows Xbox One leading PS4 in Black Friday U.S.

Microsoft's Xbox One may be $100 more expensive than Sony's PlayStation 4 but there is evidence that shoppers on Black Friday 2013 in the U.S. may have preferred Microsoft's newest hardware product more than Sony's. The claim comes from a company called InfoScout, which collects data from shopping receipts that are scanned and sent to the company from consumers via mobile apps.

In this case, InfoScout collected 83,000 receipts from about 3,000 people who went to Walmart and Target stores on Friday. According to their blog, the data collected from those receipts shows that the Xbox One claimed 31 percent of game console sales that day, followed closely by sales of Microsoft's older console, the Xbox 360, with 30 percent. Specific sales numbers were not revealed.

Sony's PS3 and PS4 were third and fourth place, respectively, on the list with each console claiming about 15 percent of sales from those two stores on Friday. It's possible that the PS4's lower ranking was due to a smaller amount of units that were put on sale that day compared to the Xbox One.

It's very bad news for Nintendo's Wii U, according to InfoScout. The console, which launched just a year ago and has been a sales disappointment ever since, was a distant fifth place in Black Friday sales, claiming just 6 percent of all console purchases. The older Wii was in sixth place with one percent. 85 percent of consumers that bought a console on Black Friday said they would also purchase two or more games during the holiday period. Not surprisingly, "Call of Duty Ghosts" was the most purchased game during Black Friday.

We've known for years (well I did) that Wii sucks. Still nice to see it play out. Xbox One blowing the fuck out of PS4 is nice to see as well but that could be a supply issue. At the very least, Microsoft isn't having any trouble selling consoles at 499.99.

---

http://pastebin.com/QDeRQiMY

PS4 already jailbroken? Just saw this, haven't checked up on it.
[Show]
NOTE: I did not find this vulnerability within PS4, nor did I write the exploit, while I was browsing thru an Brazilian console-hacking forum known as condinh0 (I am sure you all know this if you hang out at TOR). A person named x-s4nd3r released the devkit of PS4, as well as the exploit within 5 days of PS4 release. Although most of you don't know how to apply that jailbreak on the PS4, I am making this tutorial to sort this shit out for you.

-EXPLOIT DETAILS-
Console: PlayStation 4
Type: Privilege Escalation/Buffer Overflow (allows to run assigned code)
Created on: 25 November 2013

-AUTHOR-
Name: x-s4nd3r
URL: http://twitter.com/xs4nd3r (feel free to get him v&)

FILES:

PS4 DevKit: https://depositfiles.com/files/deitivkle
Jailbreak Package (exploit): https://depositfiles.com/files/xwurigoq

***IMPORTANT***** - You need the DAY ONE Update to jailbreak the PS4, otherwise these files will be considered unrecognizable.

GUIDE:

1. Create a folder on your USB storage device. This is where you'll put the exploit.

2. Create a "SANDERPS4" folder. Inside that folder, create another folder named "EXP."

3. Extract the PSORBISEXP.PUP file from the package, and save it in the EXP folder.

4. Make sure your PlayStation 4 is turned off.

5. Connect the USB storage device to your PlayStation 4, and press the power button for at least 7 seconds. The PlayStation 4 will start in Safe Mode.

6. Select "Update System Software."

7. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the jailbreak.

8. If your PlayStation 4 doesn't recognize the jailbreaking file, make sure that the folder and file names are correct.

9. Voila! JAILBROKEN!

---------------------------

You now have the ability to run unassigned/assigned code and pirated games on your PS4, but do NOT go online, if you do go online, your console will be immediately banned.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote: Still nice to see it play out. Xbox One blowing the fuck out of PS4 is nice to see as well but that could be a supply issue. At the very least, Microsoft isn't having any trouble selling consoles at 499.99.
lolz @ "blowing the fuck out of PS4"

Talk about a totally useless survey/article.

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I did some binge buying on my Vita. Final Fantasy - six of them, and Chrono Trigger.

My wife is sick as a dog today, so she's trying to sleep it off in the bedroom. This is the last day of my kid's Thanksgiving break and they are spending it at grandma's. The Christmas decorations are up and all the Thanksgiving leftovers are finished and the dishes are done. I plan on spending the rest of the day laying on the couch with football on in the background while playing Chrono Trigger all day long on my Vita.

Life is good!

As far as November sales figures go, I feel as though the month will be dominated by Apple, the 3ds, the 360/PS3, then Sony and the Xbone (in that order).

My sister in law just bought a new 250GB 360 slim with Tomb Raider, Halo 4, Arkham City, and Darksiders 2 for $180. That shit is madness.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Stay classy Sony.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Stay stupid.

So they are supposed to pull a movie because one of the actors died? I'm not following your logic here. But that's probably because there isn't any.

--
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

yeah because captain pedophile up there is the arbiter of class in this forum.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Shouldn't you be sucking someone dry or eating some shit for your next game purchase?

From Forbes:
It’s still unclear who will be crowned winner this holiday season when it comes to worldwide console sales. I have a hunch with how well both systems have sold to date, it’s going to be whoever can provide the most supply. And that may just be Microsoft, as despite the Xbox One’s pre-launch controversies, they’ve been flying off shelves at around the same pace as Sony’s PS4 from what we know so far.
Where's that 10000000000 to 1 Sony PS4 Blowout? Maybe they'll make up the difference in Fast and Furious 6 Extended Version sales and an uptick in their insurance sales business.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

sweet. now just mention how the PS controller is so badly designed that it hurts your whacking-off hand and you'll be done your checklist of tired winnow trolls for the rest of the day. then perhaps consider killing yourself. and I actually mean you should consider killing yourself.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I've got a ho bag that leeches off some dude telling me to kill myself. Nice!

Put your kids up for adoption, then kill yourself before the dude you're with does. You'll make the world a better place for your family. One less rotten leech hanging around that's one step away from the welfare line.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

PS4 has become the fastest selling console in UK history with 250,000 units sold on its opening weekend.

Marking a dream launch for the resurgent console manufacturer, Sony's latest console beat the long-surviving eight year sales record held by the original PSP, which moved 185,000 units in its three days of availability.

On Friday, PS4 was released across 20 European and PAL territories. Region-wide sales have yet to be announced.

One week later it was announced that Xbox One sales reached approximately 150,000 units in the console's first 48 hours of availability.
It will be interesting to see overall EU total.

XBO couldn't even beat the PSP record!

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

More than 2.1M PlayStation 4 consoles sold since launch, Sony says

Since the system's launch in North America on Nov. 15, Sony has sold more than 2.1 million PlayStation 4 consoles, according to an update from Sony Computer Entertainment president and group CEO Andrew House.

With the console's launch in 32 countries across the Americas, Australia and Europe, the PS4's install base has grown from one million on launch day, to more than 2.1 million — a new record for the company, House said.
Nothing like the PS3 launch that's for sure!

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Let's hope that Sony doesn't forget the lessons they learned last generation and revert to their arrogant ways.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I'll be interested to see attach rate numbers. I have a feeling it will be a large improvement over the PS3 as well. That should show the swing of core gamers over to the PS4 thus generation.

The demand is obviously there but they need the stock! I bet the US gets a shipment prior to xmas.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Clear market research. Or rather than a bunch of stupid people on Twitter. Well I guess the whole Twitter population is 95% stupid so that makes sense. The XBO thread is for stupid shit keep it there.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

A lot of kids probably disappointed because their parents picked the cheaper of the two, not what they actually wanted. Imagine the horror of opening up your xmas present and it turns out to be a Wii U. I wonder how many kids got stuck with 360's and PS3s as well.