The Official PS4 thread!

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: The Official PS4 thread!

Post by Aslanna »

How is this even news? That's called PS+ and it's $50 a year. No idea where they are getting $10 a month from. Are they going to magically double the price? I doubt it.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Reviewers Are Reporting Frame Rate Problems With 'Call Of Duty: Ghosts' On PS4
http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/ ... r=yahootix

tsk tsk

pushing a little too hard for that 1080P?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Grasping at straws much? You must be disappointed nobody is responding to your trolls as often as they used to. I sometimes ignore them completely! I'll have to practice that more as it's better for my well being.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:Grasping at straws much? You must be disappointed nobody is responding to your trolls as often as they used to. I sometimes ignore them completely! I'll have to practice that more as it's better for my well being.
I'm sorry, you people getting all giddy about 1080P on CoD/PS4 as opposed to 720p on XB1 and then me posting there are frame rate issues? Difference?

Yeah thought so!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

OH NO NOBODY IS PAYING ATTENTION TO ME!

--
Dakanaf
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Dakanaf »

Last thing I want to do is defend Winnow, but he's right in this instance. You can't have it both ways. Mocking the xbox one for having to upscale to 1080p to maintain 60fps while the ps4 does 1080p native but can't maintain 60fps but calling Winnow trolling for pointing that out? Yeah, sorry.

Why do I read these forums?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow likes to ignore shit that doesn't support his position. Such as when he disappeared for a couple days when it came out the XBO didn't support MP3 playback only a day after he blasted Sony for the same thing. So forgive me if I take a page from his playbook.

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

I was positive that the paid MP on PS4 was something that was announced at E3 or Gamescom earlier this year. Today is not the first I've heard of this.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Dakanaf wrote:Last thing I want to do is defend Winnow, but he's right in this instance. You can't have it both ways. Mocking the xbox one for having to upscale to 1080p to maintain 60fps while the ps4 does 1080p native but can't maintain 60fps but calling Winnow trolling for pointing that out? Yeah, sorry.

Why do I read these forums?
Except the Microsoft upscale is verified to be that way at release. Reviewers are playing the ps4 version on pre release versions of the game and of the firmware for the ps4. And besides, if anyone is going to respond to him, it should be to mock him, or otherwise e disrespectful.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Animalor wrote:I was positive that the paid MP on PS4 was something that was announced at E3 or Gamescom earlier this year. Today is not the first I've heard of this.
It isn't new. It's even in the FAQ they published. What is 'new' is the claim that it will be $10 a month in the US. Hence the whole "rofl? grats 120/year for your multiplayer games. lol" retard act.

Which I'm not sure why anyone with half a brain, which might be the problem here (!), would even think that was credible. You'll need PS+ for multiplayer on the PS4. That's $50. They aren't going to have a separate PS+ for the PS4.
For one price, PlayStation Plus members get all of the benefits of PS Plus across all supported platforms.
Moving on!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Since this needs a little more clarity.

From the Forbes article:
Polygon: ”Much has been said about the fact that the PlayStation 4 version of the game runs at a native 1080p, and while that may be true, the game did struggle to maintain a steady frame rate, especially in hectic multiplayer matches. The PS3 version of the game ran into similar problems, whereas the Xbox 360 version maintained a steady 60 frames per second.”
IGN: “On the current-gen versions Ghosts looks nearly identical, though I did encounter occasional framerate issues during the single-player campaign on PS3 and PS4.
PS3 has always sucked and falls way behind the 360 in actual game performance but it looks like the PS4 sucks ass as well.
Joystiq: ”A key pillar of the Call of Duty experience has always been rock-solid 60 frames per seconds gameplay. On Xbox 360, Ghosts maintains this mandate. The PlayStation 4 version, however, has noticeable technical issues, sometimes slowing to a crawl, particularly during set-piece moments with multiple effects. One specific moment I was able to replicate multiple times on PS4 was a campaign scene that ran smoothly on Xbox 360 and PS3, while the game chugged On PlayStation 4. These frame rate hitches happen throughout the campaign on PS4 and, in a series known for its Hollywood-inspired bombast, it detracted from the experience.”
Seems to be crap on the PS4. Maybe if they went with 720P instead of trying to market/hype to people that are clueless and are just looking for fancy high numbers instead of performance they would have had a solid frame rate instead of it slowing to a crawl.

Funk is a moron. Most know that here. Just wait for his next retarded (answer can be googled in 5 seconds) question on the computer forum or here for proof.

As for the rest of you that have blind love for the PS4, open your eyes. Maybe it's not such a good idea to try and go 1080P if your console can't handle it. It's that or Microsoft was smart enough to wait a cycle of games while the SDK is perfected while Sony, desperate for headlines while their company heads toward insignificance, forced 1080p, even if it means 5fps...believe me, you'll notice that more than any miniscule graphics difference.

Xbox One has an outstanding scaler. Smart move as people will go with a game that is solid 60 fps and plays great as opposed to a herky jerky shitfest. I heard the PS4 is like 90000% faster than the Xbox One. lol.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I'd much rather have a game with "occassional framerate issues" when the action gets hectic at a higher resolution that one that couldn't even get basic gameplay going at the same resolution. Even high end graphics cards can get bogged down at certain points if you have 50 explosions all going off at the same time. So while I won't say the game runs 100% at 60fps+ on the PS4 I also don't think it's that big of a deal. The IGN review for example just briefly mentions it. If it was such a big deal don't you think they would have gone into more detail? Of course they would have.

That's why it's not even in the same ballpark and why your posts are worthy of mocking.
Sony, desperate for headlines while their company heads toward insignificance, forced 1080p, even if it means 5fps
Where's your source that says Sony forced 1080p? Last I checked Sony doesn't have a spot on the Activision/Infinity Ward board to make those sort of decisions.

The closer you get to Sarah Palin level of craziness the more hilarious your posts become. Please continue! This makes a fascinating social experiment.

--
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

I haven't seen him write that much since someone asked him what he thought of 11 year old boys. He's like a monkey in his cage, flipping out and throwing his poop around. Only monkeys are adorable and not creepy.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

A key pillar of the Call of Duty experience has always been rock-solid 60 frames per seconds gameplay
fail

Even worse is that the PS3 is the console that had frame rate issues last gen. Same old shit. Lots of marketing hype about specs combined with ass actual real world game performance.

Considering that I'd bet you wouldn't have a clue which was 720p and which was 1080p if given a test, the FPS is important. You don't sacrifice FPS for a bogged down, jerky experience just to publish a number on the back of a game box.

Figures you Sony fans don't take bad news well!
The PlayStation 4 version, however, has noticeable technical issues, sometimes slowing to a crawl, particularly during set-piece moments with multiple effects.
bubububububut it's 1080peeeeee! ..and Fair told me the PS4 is like eleventybillion times faster than the Xbox One. I bet you people would get even more excited if they announced it was 4K but @ 1 frame per second but 2 fps when there's no motion and no effects.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

I've got an idea. Although you have unlimited disposable income, do not buy the ps4. Obviously you hate it a ton.

Next, go ahead and splurge yourself a vacation in Thailand where you can fuck yourself a 12 year old.

After all, you do what you want, yes? They may even wear anime-ears for you. Yay you!
en kærlighed småkager
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

he just posted that like 2 hours before. he is completely flipping out. this is hilarious. I have never seen an adult human behave like this before. it is like someone hit his retarded troll overdrive switch.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Looks like someone needs to take another deliverance trip down the river in their little raft to cool off!
It’s a big month in the video game world, and gamers are running out of time to decide if they’ll spend their holiday shopping money on Sony’s (NYSE:SNE) PlayStation 4 (to be released November 15) or Microsoft’s (NASDAQ:MSFT) Xbox One (to be released November 22).

For now, the PlayStation 4 has a huge advantage in that it’s priced $100 less than Microsoft’s console. Microsoft’s Xbox One is more expensive because it comes with the company’s revamped Kinect motion sensor, which has impressive technology but might not appeal to enough gamers to warrant $100 extra for it if they won’t use it.

While it has looked like Sony nabbed the better price, new rumors are coming out that the company may charge monthly fees for its multiplayer games on the device. A tweet from FinancialJuice on Tuesday said, “Sony to charge monthly fees for multiplayer PS4 games,” which, if true, could make the real cost of the device for gamers much higher than $399.

Japanese publication Nikkei also reported that Sony will charge a $9.99 monthly fee for multiplayer games in the U.S., Reuters reports, although these rumors have not been confirmed and Nikkei didn’t cite sources.
Aslanna, you need to set Wall Street straight. There's been four articles that keep mentioning 9.99 monthly fees (and not the 49.99 annual option). I'm back in SNE @ 16.86 as of yesterday. I need your help to turn the tide and get the stock back up!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Set them straight about what?
new rumors are coming out that the company may charge monthly fees for its multiplayer games on the device.
How are these new rumors? They've said for months you'll need to be a PS+ subscriber for multiplayer. I seriously don't think they're going to add another charge on top of that. And as far as four articles go, they all keep citing Nikkei which cited no sources of their own. I know you seem to believe repeating the same thing over and over makes it true but that's not actually how the real world works.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:Set them straight about what?
new rumors are coming out that the company may charge monthly fees for its multiplayer games on the device.
How are these new rumors? They've said for months you'll need to be a PS+ subscriber for multiplayer. I seriously don't think they're going to add another charge on top of that. And as far as four articles go, they all keep citing Nikkei which cited no sources of their own. I know you seem to believe repeating the same thing over and over makes it true but that's not actually how the real world works.
Has it always been 9.99/month if you don't buy the annual subscription? Is that new or something? I'm not sure why they're pounding away with this 9.99 info.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

PS4 launch lineup!

◾Angry Birds Star Wars, Activision
◾Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag, Ubisoft
◾Battlefield 4, Electronic Arts
◾Blacklight Retribution, Zombie Studios
◾Call of Duty: Ghosts, Activison
◾Contrast, Compulsion Games
◾DC Universe Online, Sony Online Entertainment
◾FIFA 14, EA Sports
◾Flower, Sony Computer Entertainment WorldWide Studios
◾Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
◾Just Dance 2014, Ubisoft
◾Killzone: Shadow Fall, Sony Computer Entertainment WorldWide Studios
◾Knack, Sony Computer Entertainment WorldWide Studios
◾Lego Marvel Super Heroes, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
◾Madden NFL 25, EA Sports
◾NBA 2K14, 2K Sports
◾Need For Speed: Rivals, Electronic Arts
◾Resogun, Sony Computer Entertainment WorldWide Studios
◾Skylanders SWAP Force, Activision
◾Sound Shapes, Sony Computer Entertainment WorldWide Studios
◾Super Motherload, XGen Studios
◾Trine 2: The Complete Story, Frozenbyte
◾Warframe, Digital Extremes

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Christ, don't post that. I want the stock to go up not down!

PS4 does look prettier internally. One thing that impresses me (if it doesn't overheat in the long run) is the internal PSU for the PS4.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/7/50764 ... 4-teardown

Don't like power bricks but I'll take that for a quieter/cooler console. Sony did a good job if they managed to maintain quiet and cool in that small box.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Amazon has announced it's own PSN service.

http://www.amazon.com/l/ref=mh_rd_l?nod ... ce=desktop

Interesting to say the least. I wonder if this will actially drive sale prices on digital games? You would think so.

Also, I bought a goddamn Vita for PS4 remote play. I got BB to price match $159 from Radio Shack and $49 for a 32GB card from a local supermarket.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Fairweather Pure wrote:Also, I bought a goddamn Vita for PS4 remote play. I got BB to price match $159 from Radio Shack and $49 for a 32GB card from a local supermarket.
Whoo Vita power! That's a good price. I'd pickup another for that!

Hopefully you've been adding those 'free' Vita games to your download queue the past 6 months or however long they've had them on PS+.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Amazon has Buy 2 Get 1 for the next 2 hours on slect PS4 titles. Might be better than hoping Target has them in stock.
Promotion Starts on Tuesday 11/12/13 at 9:00am PST through 1:00pm PST or while supplies last.

Redemption Instructions:

1. Mark the checkbox next to the three games you want.
2. Click the 'Add to Cart' button.
3. At checkout use promo code 'GR8TNESS' by 1 PM (PST).
4. The discount will be applied to the lowest priced game.
5. The final price will automatically reflect your savings in the Order Summary.
Unfortunately it expires in 2 hours so not much time!

Bunch currently out of stock already!

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Aslanna wrote:Hopefully you've been adding those 'free' Vita games to your download queue the past 6 months or however long they've had them on PS+.
I...have not :(

I own some cross play games though, so that's cool.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Fairweather Pure wrote:
Aslanna wrote:Hopefully you've been adding those 'free' Vita games to your download queue the past 6 months or however long they've had them on PS+.
I...have not :(
Fail! Ah well there's still a bunch in the Instant Game Collection so all isn't lost.
Last edited by Aslanna on November 12, 2013, 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

PS4 port Awesomenauts Assemble won't make the console's launch in North America after all, but Ronimo's Jasper Koning sent Joystiq word that his studio's "still hoping to make the European launch, but it's going to be tight."
Awesome-nots!

http://kotaku.com/a-500gb-playstation-4 ... 1463230827

100 GB of Crap leaves you with 400GB space on your PS4
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Thanks for the negative commentary!

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I bought Persona 4.

These were all free:

Hotline Miami
Sina Mora
GTA Stories
Wipeout
Gravity Rush
Star Wars Pinball
And 1-2 others I don't remember

I have these for cross play:
Playstation Allstars
Sly Cooper Theives in Time

Setup and updating took about 1.5 hours. The games are still DLing. All in all, you were right Aslanna. It's a good deal and there are plenty of great, free games.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Did they remove Uncharted: Golden Abyss from PS+? If so you really missed out. Great game.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

According to their promo materials Uncharted: Golden Abyss is still there. I played it for about 30 minutes never really could get into it.

--
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

It's still free if you got it when it became free but it's not free any longer. It will probably cycle back as a free game.

The Vita is such a great piece of technology. The OLED screen blows my mind it looks so good. I like that I can back up my memory card to my PC over wifi. The free games I get with PS+ can't be beat. They are real, good, relevant games. Not like the 5+ year old XBL Arcade dog shit Microsoft tries to pawn off on you.

The remote play is the feature I use the most. You can even rig your PS3 to turn on remotely from the VIta. It is upstairs in my office but I can play PS3 games in my kitchen while I'm cooking or stream Netflix. I can't wait until PS4 is out as it was built with remote play in mind from the ground up.

Try Gravity Rush; it is a great game and free. I also recommend buying the new Rayman on Vita as the touch screen really enhances the gameplay and the grapics on that little screen can't be described it is so good.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

PS4 after surprising fan feedback

When Sony outlined the PS4's hardware features in October, some potential customers were so shocked that the console wouldn't support MP3 files or CDs that they vowed to cancel their pre-orders. President of Sony Worldwide Studios Shuhei Yoshida was surprised by such a heated response.

"The biggest surprise for us all internally at Sony was there are so many people who passionately reacted to our announcement that there's no MP3 support or CD support on day one," Yoshida said on Giant Bomb's Interview Dumptruck, caught by Eurogamer. "It's not like we actively decided, 'Let's not do this feature so people will have to subscribe to Music Unlimited. The focus has been more on the game features. Some of the features we wanted but we couldn't get in on day one."

The PS4 team in Japan is figuring out the best way to implement the missing media features, Yoshida said: "We didn't really think about MP3 or CD. We thought, 'We're going to do that eventually ....' It caught us off-guard. People don't really talk about these features, right? Some people get really mad and [say,] 'I'll cancel my pre-order!' So as we speak, people in Japan – the system guys – are discussing when we can put these features in."

People certainly started talking about media features after Sony's announcement
Jesus, that's a bigger load of bullshit than Microsoft has ever thrown out. Kinda of like when Sony yanked the Imagine engine out of the PS3, said PS2 compatibility was too hard and then sold PS2 games on their network. Yeah, sure they didn't throw in MP3 support until the massive bitchwave just because they didn't think of it. One of two things here...either they're dumbasses or you're dumbasses for believing that shit. Take your pick.

Sony doesn't think things through...like rumble that they decided no one wanted...surprise! DNLA? Nah people don't want that either! Sony's like the anti Apple. Apple makes decisions for the consumer and they have 100 Billion in the bank to prove their point. Sony makes decisions for the consumer and then after paying off settlements, add the feature they thought no one wanted and are sitting at -15 Billion. Just to add in Microsoft so you don't think I forgot them, they make decisions for the consumer as well that some of you hate yet are till raking in record profits profits with 70 Billion and growing in the bank. Windows 8 is the best/rock solid OS I've ever used so obviously opinions vary but it goes to show that some people have deluded perceptions about how things work.

Sony has Xbox One fanbois to thank for getting MP3 support. Pretty hard to defend a console that can't play an MP3. My toaster can play MP3s but not the tech monster PS4 console...but it was just an oversight, nothing to do with the company being on the brink of bankruptcy and needing to squeeze you for every penny due to their expensive brainwash campaign.

Anyway. None of this matters. All that matters is that PS4 is for gamerz. Looking forward to having both consoles out in the wild. Image
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

More negativity from Winnow. Is that all you have? Apparently! Luckily in 3 days I'll be playing my new PS4 and the XBO will just be a bad memory on the wind. Or something philosophical like that.

Oh and you might want to work on your cut/paste/quote skills. They seem lacking.

Have a good day!
Sony has Xbox One fanbois to thank for getting MP3 support. Pretty hard to defend a console that can't play an MP3. My toaster can play MP3s but not the tech monster PS4 console...but it was just an oversight, nothing to do with the company being on the brink of bankruptcy and needing to squeeze you for every penny due to their expensive brainwash campaign.
BTW, XBO can't play MP3 natively so... You might want to revisit that section of your post. It just makes you look dumb. lolz.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

That might be why I mentioned DNLA in my post! Not sure why you can't play an audio CD with a PS4. Pretty lame combined with no DNLA to stream media.

I also left off my last post on a positive note, looking forward to both console launches.

PS4 manual:

http://manuals.playstation.net/document ... index.html

GO!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Sony has Xbox One fanbois to thank for getting MP3 support. Pretty hard to defend a console that can't play an MP3. My toaster can play MP3s but not the tech monster PS4 console...but it was just an oversight
The thing you wrote applies exactly the same to the XBO. The XBO is a console that can't play an MP3. So are you saying your toaster is better than an XBO?

DNLA is irrelevant to the conversation.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote: DNLA is irrelevant to the conversation.

Xbox One plays an MP3 (and other media) via DNLA. PS4 plays an MP3 via?

Relevant!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:

Relevant!
So if you have an iPhone with all your songs you'll be able to play t hose on an XBO? Alright Spinderella.. Whatever you say. The fact is the XBO CAN'T PLAY AN MP3. Streaming something to it doesn't change that fact. If all you have is an XBO you have 0 ways to play an MP3 as, while the console plays audio CDs, it wont rip them like the 360 does.

Anyway, keep living in your fantasy land.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

PlayStation 4's day one patch is available to download now

Early adopters of the PlayStation 4 can download the system's day one software update — version 1.50 — from PlayStation.com ahead of the console's official launch this Friday, Nov. 15.

Sony Computer Entertainment has posted the PS4 system software update, a 308 MB download, to its website, allowing users to potentially beat the rush to update their systems. Instructions for downloading the update to a computer, moving it to a USB flash drive and installing the software on the PS4 are available at PlayStation.com.

PS4 owners will also have the option to update the console's software from the system itself.

The PS4's day one patch adds a long list of crucial features, including Remote Play with PlayStation Vita, party chat, online multiplayer, the ability to play games as they download and much more.
I recommend people download this in advance 'just in case'. You never know your internet could be down that day and you can't get online!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I downloaded it. It may be useful in the future as well if the PS4 gets hacked.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Embargo lifted on the reviews this morning.

I'm going to go in record before this devolves in epic shit slinging that these early reviews mean squat in the grand scheme of things. They're like a photo of the first ultrasound of your baby. Pretty, functional but incomplete.

My only other comment will be to go take a look at the page design for the Polygon review. http://www.polygon.com/a/ps4-review
It's a pretty amazing piece of web design.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

PlayStation 4's focus on gaming — and only gaming — is undermined by a distinct lack of compelling software. That failing is sure to improve — better games and more of them will appear on the PlayStation 4 — but right now, this is a game console without a game to recommend it. Early adopters of the PS4 this fall are buying potential energy. We're just waiting for a place to spend it.
No gamez for gamerz. but hopefully there will be better ones in the future with solid frame rates.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Aslanna wrote:
Winnow wrote:

Relevant!
So if you have an iPhone with all your songs you'll be able to play t hose on an XBO? Alright Spinderella.. Whatever you say. The fact is the XBO CAN'T PLAY AN MP3. Streaming something to it doesn't change that fact. If all you have is an XBO you have 0 ways to play an MP3 as, while the console plays audio CDs, it wont rip them like the 360 does.

Anyway, keep living in your fantasy land.
I can honestly say that I have never plugged in a media device or a usb key containing music into any of my consoles. I may have put in a music CD once. (I think it may have been christmas music while we were putting up a tree). I do realise that my use case may not be the norm.

DLNA on the other hand gets used multiple times a week, although mostly for video, rarely for music.

All my media resides on my PC and is not moved anywhere, just streamed to endpoints.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Animalor wrote:I can honestly say that I have never plugged in a media device or a usb key containing music into any of my consoles. I may have put in a music CD once. (I think it may have been christmas music while we were putting up a tree). I do realise that my use case may not be the norm.

DLNA on the other hand gets used multiple times a week, although mostly for video, rarely for music.

All my media resides on my PC and is not moved anywhere, just streamed to endpoints.
Still not relevant to Winnow's criticism of the PS4 not playing MP3s when the XBO is the exact same thing. And again, from what I read, this streaming only works if you have a device with a Windows OS so iOS and Android users are out of luck. Honestly I don't give a shit about being able to play MP3s at all but if someone is going to criticize a console for not supporting it at least be fuckin fair and balanced about it and not just when it suits them.

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Aslanna wrote:
Animalor wrote:I can honestly say that I have never plugged in a media device or a usb key containing music into any of my consoles. I may have put in a music CD once. (I think it may have been christmas music while we were putting up a tree). I do realise that my use case may not be the norm.

Still not relevant to Winnow's criticism of the PS4 not playing MP3s when the XBO is the exact same thing. And again, from what I read, this streaming only works if you have a device with a Windows OS so iOS and Android users are out of luck. Honestly I don't give a shit about being able to play MP3s at all but if someone is going to criticize a console for not supporting it at least be fuckin fair and balanced about it and not just when it suits them.
Oh I wasn't being critical, just stating my use case.

I know iOS has AirPlay and not DLNA baked into the OS. I don't think it's possible to have an app be a DLNA server there right? Can devs access the media library?

There appears to be DLNA servers in the play store. Might be an interesting thing for you guys to try out on the PS4 later this week.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Animalor wrote:Embargo lifted on the reviews this morning.

I'm going to go in record before this devolves in epic shit slinging that these early reviews mean squat in the grand scheme of things. They're like a photo of the first ultrasound of your baby. Pretty, functional but incomplete.
I'm a bit disappointed by the Knack score was hoping for a bit better considering how long they apparently worked on it. Killzone.. Not surprised by that one. I did do the Buy 2 Get 1 Free from Amazon deal and figured I'd give a shooter a try. I ALMOST picked Killzone but the series has been pretty lackluster in general over its lifetime so I went Battlefield 4 instead. Call of Duty wasn't even considered just due to it being Call of Duty.

Resogun with an 8.5! Looks fun... And best part is it's "free" for PS+. Contrast never sounded interesting to me in the first place so that's not a big deal for me personally.

I do think that early games are not representative of any console as a whole, XBOX or Playstation, or Nintendo it doesn't matter. This is why I think things like release dates being pushed back are a good thing whereas others see them as a failing of the console.

I'll leave the shit slinging to Winnow.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Killzone has been pretty lackluster? Are you drunk? They're some of the best multiplayer shooters ever made. Unless you're basing this off the campaign, in which case you're going to be pretty disappointed with Battlefield 4 (the campaign is really short, buggy and just not good.)
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Hardware-wise I'm probably the most disappointed with the DS4 battery life. According to the Polygon review it's about 7-8 hours. That's crazy! I really don't think it's the LED so no idea why it sucks so much compared to the DS3.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima claims a Sony announcement later this week "will blow your mind."

The "shocking PS4 related announcement" is part of Sony's pre-launch event Thursday, November 14. Naughty Dog's story expansion for The Last of Us is a known announcement , and Kojima already teased exclusive PlayStation content coming to Metal Gear Solid 5. We'll find out tomorrow whether the teases are related to the reveal he's hinting at today.
A seekrit downloadable launch title would be great. I hope it's not announcing purple colored controllers or that they've cut system update times to under 2 hours.

With one of their few exclusives you can count one two fingers getting a 4/10 from Gamespot, they really need something as people will tire of spouting off about DDR5 eventually.

Dead Rising Three has Mega Man

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/13/50973 ... mega-man-x

Shocking announcement better at least top that!
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

South Park is so great.
http://youtu.be/NYbs0firps8