Deus Ex: Human Revolution Console/PC

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Console/PC

Post by Winnow »

This is the best game Square Enix has put out in a long long time, maybe best ever.

Highly polished game.

-environments are great. lots of detail.

-fully developed world. doesn't feel like it's on rails..can explore around buildings, etc. There are areas there that don't need to be there for any purpose except to wander around.

-good dialogue

-good story

-too early to tell but game play appears smooth

-kick ass UI

The main character's voice kinda sounds like Bullock from Deadwood (kinda non emotional/monotone) which isn't the best for this but not bad.

Looks like a great mix between FPS and RPG.

As I wandered around the first building, I entered the lady's bathroom and wondered if anyone would care. No one said anything so I thought while it looked good, it had the same limitations as to having things there but you still do whatever you want...so, like 10 minutes later, I'm talking to one of my contacts and near the end of it, he says, "I know you've been modified, but you're still a man. Please stay out of the ladies room." Nice!

Nice combination of shooting stuff, enhancing your character, and exploring quests. Nice physics engine. You can grab a lot of things to throw or use as cover. Cover system is similar to Gears of War. Your augmentations are extensive that you can upgrade.

This looks like a winner. It has AAA title qualities. Presentation is excellent.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Console/PC

Post by Funkmasterr »

I'm pretty excited for it, I'll definitely be picking it up next Tuesday.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

With so many upcoming games, I was forced to put this at the bottom of my priority list simply because I don't see myself playing it day 1. I'll wait until it's 30$ or less.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Looking good:

http://kotaku.com/5833215/deus-ex-human ... ly-natural

89 rating so far with most 90+
IncGamers Aug 22, 2011

Despite the quality of the combat, the emphasis on gameplay options, the diverse set of augmentations and the substantial side-missions, what will stay with me about Human Revolution is its focus on creating a rich, believable world filled with interesting characters, themes and conflicting ideals. The mere fact that it aims for such lofty narrative heights is commendable, the fact that it achieves them is worthy of celebration.
1UP Aug 22, 2011

It's rare that I play a game that doesn't just let me play the way I like, but actually showers me with prizes for doing so, and I love it.
Official Xbox Magazine UK Aug 16, 2011

Human Revolution stands proudly alongside the best in cyberpunk fiction, in any medium let alone just games... So few games allow you to carve a subtly unique path through every single encounter and, while major plot points remain the same, you'll feel like your journey was your own.
Worth Playing Aug 22, 2011

It is a brilliantly constructed game that sets up a world and then sets the player loose, allowing you to explore as you see fit. From the art direction to the genre-bending gameplay, Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a landmark in game design that is sure to be referenced in the years to come. Buy it without hesitation.
Machinima Aug 22, 2011

Fan-fu**ing-tastic. It's the sort of game you don't want to stop playing.
The two worst reviews:
games(TM)

It may not be as revelatory an experience, and in today's age feels as derivative as it does inventive, but it still has us excitingly discussing tactics and angles of approach with fellow players long after we've finished playing. Surely there's no greater testament to Eidos Montreal's success than that.
Guardian Aug 22, 2011

Falls just short of perfection, then, but it is, nevertheless, an amazing game, which will confound those who persist in tarring games with the brush of mindlessness. The future it presents may be worryingly dystopian, but by God, it's fun to explore on the safe environment of your console.
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

Take Metal Gear Solid's focus on stealth/non lethality and cross it with every bioware RPG (kotor/ME/JE/etc) 'alignment/decision' tree and set it in a near future cyberpunk environment.

Nvidia users have some tricky issues and ATI users report rainbows and butterflies - see various support forums if need be, biggest one, turn off vsync if nvidia.

Giving this 9/10 and would be 10 if it wasn't acting up on my nvidia system~
Pyrella - Illusionist - Leader of Ixtlan on Antonia Bayle

if you were walking around and you came upon a tulip with tits, would you let it be for the rest of the world to enjoy.. or would you pick it and carry it off to a secluded area to motorboat them?
-Cadalano
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

This news isn't going to garner any love for perennial Worst Company In America contestant GameStop. The video game retailer's Field Operations Manager sent out an e-mail — which has since gone public — demanding that stores open copies of the PC version of the game to remove a coupon containing a code that allows the buyer to play the game for free via the online gaming service OnLive.
Reads the e-mail:

Please immediately remove and discard the On Live coupon from all the Regular PC versions of Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Our desire is not to have this coupon go to any customers after this announcement.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

They've supposedly reached an "agreement" with SquareEnix to send them their own version of the package now. They've pulled this kind of shit for years.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

pyrella wrote:Take Metal Gear Solid's focus on stealth/non lethality and cross it with every bioware RPG (kotor/ME/JE/etc) 'alignment/decision' tree and set it in a near future cyberpunk environment.

Nvidia users have some tricky issues and ATI users report rainbows and butterflies - see various support forums if need be, biggest one, turn off vsync if nvidia.

Giving this 9/10 and would be 10 if it wasn't acting up on my nvidia system~
It seems like we'd be well past these kinds of issues by now. That's frustrating to read.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Put a few hours into the game so far, liking it a lot! Graphics are great, story seems cool so far, and deciding what tactic to use for each situation instead of being only a shooter or only a stealth game is awesome.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

So I'm finally playing this one now. X-Mas present from my lovely wife.

A really impressive game. Environments are fantastic. I love that it gives you options on tackling different areas. Everything I had read on the game is pretty much spot on, including the dumbass boss fights.

That being said, Skyrim may have ruined every other game for me for the next little while. I would've been much more impressed by DE:HR had I played it before Skyrim.