Infamous 2

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Infamous 2

Post by Aslanna »

Tried the demo... As someone who played the first one I think the 'New Cole' sucks and the voice is wrong. People have no experience with it probably wont care.

The camera when you are running always wants to adjust to point forward... omg why? I'm tired of games that force the camera where I don't want it. And it's also a bit over sensitive I thought and didn't see any option to change it other than to Normal which didn't seem to matter. Melee combat has a slo-mo finishing move effect when you defeat the enemies. Sorta cool the first 3 times but I can see it getting tiresome as the game goes on. And of course the camera angle changes when you do that so... yeah. It's a lot like Enslaved which is fairly annoying. I honestly feel like the camera is fighting me but perhaps I'd get used to it as the game goes on.

Climbing buildings is still annoying having to hit X everytime you want to go up. Assassin's Creed handles it better.

Oh and of course you still can't fall in water.

Definitely not a first day purchase for me. Maybe when it hits $20 but even then I don't know!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Re: Infamous 2

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah, after reading some reviews it definitely doesn't seem like it panned out as good as I thought it would. I've been spending most of my time riding my motorcycle, and have barely played video games the past few months aside from some Witcher 2 here and there, so I'll most likely be skipping more games than usual. I never even finished the first one.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Whats good with Infam 2 is that you can make user-created content, your own maps etc

But the new Cole is skinnier, and sounds OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS younger, something happened there, did he lose 15 years? :D
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I'm waiting for a good deal.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

It's getting some good reviews... Maybe the game taken as a whole is better than what was shown in the demo. I still think those reviewers giving it a 9+ are on crack.
The new "amp" melee weapon is actually a frustrating addition because the camera seems to have no idea what to do with it. Instead of a camera that's tethered behind Cole's back, it now tries to follow him as he executes moves. In a given combat sequence you can be swinging your melee weapon in eight different directions and hit practically nothing because you have no idea what it is you're aiming at.
Good to see it wasn't only me! All the Sucker Punch games I've played have had some degree of camera flakiness but i2 seems the worst so far.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I borrowed this from a coworker because $0 > $20+. Pretty much none of my initial impressions from the demo I played have changed (which makes sense). I'm hoping that the story overall will make up for bad camera and controls. I'm only a few hours in and already fairly bored with it but I haven't actually been working on the missions just mostly running around getting some of the trophies out of the way.

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I haven't put it in yet and only played about 15 minutes of the first one. It's still extremely backlogged but I really want to play it eventually.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Platinum... Done! I really found the control frustrating in this.. Same as the first so doubt they addressed it at all. For example there is a ladder in front of me and I try jumping to it and he jumps to the left of it and grabs the wall. I'm like.. wtf and drop down and try again and he jumps to the right and grabs the wall.. argh! It can be so hard to be precise where you want to go a lot of the time at least I thought so. He pretty much jumps on everything around except the thing you're aiming for.

And having to hit X 15 times to get to the top of a building gets tedious after about 20 minutes. At least they did add the vertical rail things so a lot of times you can get a quick boost to the top... If you can actually manage to jump and grab onto the damn things.

I guess the story was alight but I think I might have preferred the 'New York' setting over the 'New Orleans' setting. The Nix character I also found to be on the lame side. All in all a fairly unforgettable game. The User Generated Content also didn't interest me. I had to do 25 missions for a trophy and pretty much all of them, with the exception of 1, were crap.

Oh and a correction to my first post.. You can fall in water if land happens to be nearby so that you can jump out quickly. But if you fall out off a boat or something you're pretty much dead. It's a fairly rare occurrence where you'll end up dying due to water. It also helps that the game is fairly generous with checkpoints.

Rating: 6.5/10. Not a terrible game but definitely not a "must play" title. A week from now I'll pretty much have forgotten everything about this game except how shitty I found the controls.

--