Pinball FX 2 - 10/13/10

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Pinball FX 2 - 10/13/10

Post by Winnow »

They reset super scores for Rockie and Bullwinkle due to a scoring glitch that allowed really high scores. I had a high score on that table so my super score is probably way down now.

New tables coming out at a rate of about one a month starting at the end of March.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Winnow wrote:New tables coming out at a rate of about one a month starting at the end of March.
And I will purchase every single one of them.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

The Rocky and Bullwinkle scores were reset and the Mars table was just released. The creators have spoken up again and discussed their "hopefully 1 new table a month" plan, which I am excited about. I just know some of them will be the other 2 tables ported from the PS3. I'm fine with that, they were good tables and I'll rebuy them at 240 space bucks a pop. I do look forward to more original and themed tables though. Those Marvel ones are amazing fun and I hope they do something similar again soon.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Woo, Fantastic Four table available May 17/18th:

http://kotaku.com/#!5796997/marvel-pinb ... /gallery/1

From the video, it looks like a nice one.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Wow, looks excellent. I can't wait!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

After watching the video a couple of times, it looks like the missions may be based around each team member. Do 4 missions and unlock the last mission involving all 4 members? I don't know, but it sounds cool to me!
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Just picked up XBL :shock: a few days ago. Got 12 mil on secret of the deep. Screenname is Ubuntude. Add me!
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

I picked up the marvel tables as well as the Fantastic 4 ones. This is a great game.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I'll add anyone from VV if you send request if you want to compete against my scores. My 360 name handle is SupineRain4. It may take awhile to add depending on when I log on next!

I haven't gotten the Fantastic Four table yet because been busy with tons of other games but will be back soon.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Gotta love Bad Santa Pinball!
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

38 mil on secrets of the deep! I even got the letter P which is one quarter of the way to Atlantis, from what I understand.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Leonaerd wrote:38 mil on secrets of the deep! I even got the letter P which is one quarter of the way to Atlantis, from what I understand.

I've got 48 Million on that table! Add SupineRain4 I need more VVers to beat!

Edit:

Just got 13.8M on my first Fantastic Four Play. Fair sitting there with 5.2M! I got the Doctor Doom Achievement.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

You can add me, you will all kick my ass though. I suck at these games. Best score is the Mars Table, like 30 million. Every other table is like 3-8 million I think.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Hey now, I've only played the table 2 or 3 times! 5.4 mil is just a start!
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

75 mil on Secrets of the Deep. And this is just the beginning...
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Leonaerd wrote:75 mil on Secrets of the Deep. And this is just the beginning...
You got NOTHING because I can't verify it. Scores are meaningless unless on friends list. Invite SupineRain4. I'm not going back to that table unless I have a score to beat on my friends list!

Added Anirask (Animalor) to friends today.

Fantastic Four table is nice. I like lots of ramps. Iron Man table has lot of ramps as well and I have the high score on that table including the Pinball Nerds I added off the PinballFX forums. FF table is well designed. I don't see any high risk draino shots yet like with Iron Man has so that's a good thing.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

I'm been playing a lot of the iron man one. Probably my favorite thus far but that table is a bit of a bitch. =) I'm also not much of a pinball player...
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Holy shit Winnow.. Those are some seriously impressive scores. The most I get on a good day is about 1/4 of those.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Winnow wrote:
Leonaerd wrote:75 mil on Secrets of the Deep. And this is just the beginning...
You got NOTHING because I can't verify it. Scores are meaningless unless on friends list. Invite SupineRain4. I'm not going back to that table unless I have a score to beat on my friends list!
I can spell out SHIPWRECK two full times, pendulum included, and get the extra ball within a minute or two. My accuracy and my reaction time on this table are unparalleled. I'll add you though. By the time you beat it I'll be pulling 75 million in the first 5 minutes on ball 1.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Leonaerd wrote: I can spell out SHIPWRECK two full times, pendulum included, and get the extra ball within a minute or two. My accuracy and my reaction time on this table are unparalleled. I'll add you though. By the time you beat it I'll be pulling 75 million in the first 5 minutes on ball 1.

Son, I was wiping cigarette ashes off the tops of pinball machines before you were born!

ahhhhh, pinball flames! :evil:

edit: that does look like an impressive score on Seekrits of the Deep. I'll check it out if I see your friend invite.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

I get off work at 5 (EST), and assuming I don't pass out while driving home (from lack of sleep from playing pinball until like 4 am this morning...), I'll add you immediately, assuming I can figure out how to navigate xbl. Someone friended me the other day and I haven't yet figured out how to reciprocate the addon...
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Take your time. I won't be home until around 9 or 10pm tonight Least Coast Time to accept the invite. If you can't figure it out, provide your 360 Live name here or PM it and I'll send invite after I get home.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Ubuntude
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

I friended as many of you as I could. If you play and didn't get an invite from Ubuntude, add me!

I got a good lul out of Fair's "Miir sucks" chat bubble right on his avatar icon.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Winnow wrote:Take your time. I won't be home until around 9 or 10pm tonight Least Coast Time to accept the invite. If you can't figure it out, provide your 360 Live name here or PM it and I'll send invite after I get home.
You realize you can view your friends/accept/send friend invites and such on the website, right? Figured I'd help :)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Leonaerd wrote:I friended as many of you as I could. If you play and didn't get an invite from Ubuntude, add me!

I got a good lul out of Fair's "Miir sucks" chat bubble right on his avatar icon.
I accepted your friend request Leonaerd.

Nice shorts. Are you rocking Buster Brown shoes on your avatar? Do they still make those?

I'll check out the score tonight. Thanks to Funk for the assist on web based Live access.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

That's the default avatar, shorts and all.

140 million on Secrets of the Deep ~ you should forget about ever beating me on that one. I'll probably break a billion within a week.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Leonaerd wrote:That's the default avatar, shorts and all.

140 million on Secrets of the Deep ~ you should forget about ever beating me on that one. I'll probably break a billion within a week.

hackz! You must have autism issues with that table!

Where does that score place you in the national rankings for the table?
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

420 on the nose. hahahah!

I could tell you my secrets, for a price.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Leonaerd wrote:420 on the nose. hahahah!

I could tell you my secrets, for a price.
You're pwning that table but remember there's a dozen+ more. Great thing about Pinball FX 2 it spreads out the wealth over multiple tables!

I just upped my Fantastic Four score to 21.4M. Did pretty much all the damage on my final ball and completed zero missions which give the big points. Never give up on a game!

BTW, the statistics Pinball FX 2 keeps is amazing. Besides typical playtime on eacy tame, it has stats kept on easily 100 different things on ONE table. every single target you hit, the number of times hit, number of times ball draines each side, down the middle, etc. Hits per flipper, number of missions started /completed per individual mission.. etc etc etc etc etc..OMG, I need to find a list and post it. It's overwhelming the amount of stats kept.

Edit:

23.9M on FF now and unlocked Human Torch Achievement so have Doom and Torch, one more to go!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Pushed FF score up to 38M

I have a different kind of strategy on that table. I posted that score and my others without completing any of the missions.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

41M now on Fantastic Four!

What I wanted to show was the impressive amount of stats kept on the game. This is besides the usual high scores, super scores, etc.

I couldn't find anywhere this was listed so I took crappy screenshots:
[Show]

Not surprising the left outlane is where my balls drain the most. You can also see games started compared to total games played. In this example, I restarted two games due to bad starts.

I play fair! No tilts! I never even "bump" the table in my games.

You can see that clobberin time is my bread and butter! Jackpots and Multiballs.

As I mentioned before, zero missions completed and still posted 41M!

Thing Gifts and Triple Combos help my cause! Th mini game is awkward for me in the Baxter building...strange flipper action to take out skrulls.

Half of my games have been 20M+ /flex

No excuses. As you can see, even high score games were under 15 mins. Everyone has time for a quick game of pinball!

I'm extremely impressed with Pinball FX2. Above are just my personal stats. Pinball FX2 has excellent Live multiplayer stats that keep you involved and wanting to beat the next friend above your score.

For someone not sure if they'd like pinball, I'd suggest just grabbing the Fantastic Four table. It's a well done table and will cost you just a few dollars. The game engine itself is free. That's another great thing about this game. You can buy piece-meal.

My current high scores on the Marvel Tables for anyone (miir) that actually plays this on the PS3.

I've got a lot of Pinball nerds on my friends list so have some work to do to get ranked 1 on every table. So far, only Iron Man.
Last edited by Winnow on September 18, 2011, 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Secrets of the Deep - 291 million. 106th all-time. I had 3 of the 4 letters necessary to open Atlantis (the ultimate place to get points), and had been going for the last letter when I lost my last ball.

My strategy for this table is almost perfected. Once I open Atlantis I'll be able to crack the top 20.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

The Captain America table is out and awesome. I didn't even know about this one coming out. I just logged into XBL and there it was for sale. The prices on these tables are fantastic (240 MSPs), so I'll get every one they put out.

I played a single time and I think I busted out a respectable score. My first ball was fair. I was just getting a feel for the table. However, my second ball was pretty amazing. I completed 3-4 missions and unlocked an achievement with that one ball. My 3rd ball was pretty much a gutter ball though, lol. I know I say this after every new table, but this one may be their best one yet. Great layout, fun missions, and they really nailed the theme yet again.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

460 million on Secrets of the Deep, good for 60th all time. 300 million on my first ball, then had some really bad luck on the last five. 1 billion is my goal!
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

2.7 billion! 7th all time.

I can do better.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

nice!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I gotta buy the Ms Splosion Man table!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fairweather Pure wrote:The Captain America table is out and awesome. I didn't even know about this one coming out. I just logged into XBL and there it was for sale. The prices on these tables are fantastic (240 MSPs), so I'll get every one they put out.

I played a single time and I think I busted out a respectable score. My first ball was fair. I was just getting a feel for the table. However, my second ball was pretty amazing. I completed 3-4 missions and unlocked an achievement with that one ball. My 3rd ball was pretty much a gutter ball though, lol. I know I say this after every new table, but this one may be their best one yet. Great layout, fun missions, and they really nailed the theme yet again.
I was a little worried because I bought the table in the middle of the game after the demo time on the table expired but I beat your 33M score on my first try with 48M posted! I like the table. I scored about 35 Million on my last ball. BTW, I saw a Tesla Pinball FX2 table in a Windows 8 Live demo video. I wonder if that's coming out soon. I'm a Tesla (the Inventor, not the band) fan.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Tesla will be another port from PS3 then. It's better than Mars IMO.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

New table all up in this bitch!

Sorcerer's Lair is available for DL now, and it's a doozy! It really has a great Halloween vibe to it with ghosts, spooky trees, and great sound effects. Overall, the table is pretty goddamn easy. My first score was 4mil, second was 6.5mil, and I just stopped after my 3rd round at 70mil. Some great effects, challanges, and several unique mini board puzzles.

Get it!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Free PinballFX2 table for the next week:

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/26/psa-p ... -for-a-we/

Paranormal Table. Haven't played it yet.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Played the table last night. It's pretty fun. Please keep in mind that I'm not a connaisseur of what constitutes good Pinball.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

New Marvel table announced. Moon Knight!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfDewjGe ... ata_player
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

X-Men

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0Qx5kPI ... ata_player

1 more TBA to complete the Marvel 4 pack!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

The last table was annonced : Thor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOm0QXACl5g

I like the table divisions of fire, ice, and Asgard up top.

The 4 pack will be available Dec 14
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

The Avengers Chronicles was released last month for Pinball FX. I just picked up the table pack, as well as Epic Quest from earlier this year. I think I have 34 tables now? Something like that...

Anyway, here are the 4 tables. I played each one only once but really look forward to getting back into the tables soon.

The Avengers - Long table. It has a cool mechanic where your chosen ball is played and represents a particular Avenger. Each ball is colored and there are sound effects associated with each hero. I haven't figured out the significance of any of thise, but I'm certian there will be benifits tomeach hero in play. Great table.

Infinity Gauntlet - This table has some weird shit going on. At one point my flippers were reversed and on the top of the screen at night because Thanos activated a particular Infinity Gem. Also, the pinballs were glowing for some reason.

World War Hulk - This is a shorter table with some great ramp and rail action. It was 1am and I just wanted a peek.

Fear Itself - the only "story" I am unfamiliar with out of these 4 tables, but this might have been my favorite table out of all of them. It's a longer table with some crazy, looping power shots.

Epic Quest - I'll throw this in for fun becuase I looked what I saw. You accumulate loot for your character as the game progresses and fight monsters and complete quests. When you fight a monster, one ramp will be your sword and the other ramp will be your sheild. It is a mid sized table with some action up top, along with a reverse flipper of sorts. I want to figure this table pit because it looks like it has a lot of unique ideas incorporated into the design.

All in all, Zen has knocked another one out of the park with the Avengers collection and Epic Quest has an amazing concept behind it. All 5 tables are cheap as hell too. Check em out!
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Ahh that sounds awesome. I love that they tinker with the dynamics like it ain't no thing.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Leonaerd wrote:2.7 billion! 7th all time.

I can do better.
Up to 5.4 ish billion. 4th all time. 1st place is 17 billion. I will beat it some day. But for now I'm on to Infinity Gauntlet, which is freaking sweet!