Funkmasterr's 2010 Game List -- Updated 2/12/10

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Funkmasterr's 2010 Game List -- Updated 2/12/10

Post by Funkmasterr »

So I know people come here looking for game advice, and I keep a list of all the games I am looking forward to over the course of the year and keep it up to date. I figured I would share the games I am looking forward to this year for all three consoles. I'll try to keep it up to date too, so it can be a good point of reference.

Games that are cross platform will likely be listed under the 360 header (cause that's where I'll be buying them), but I will make sure to note what other platforms they are coming out for.

When I do update it, I will add info about any other games people mention in the thread that I don't have on my list. I will be restricting it to games that either have a date set for this year, or don't have a date set but appear likely to come out this year.

Same drill again for 2010! There are a few games I still have to add to this list and a few links/some info to add, I just wanted to separate the 2010 games out and get the thread going. Will finish updating over the next day or two :)

----360----

Dante's Inferno - 2/9/10 (PS3)

A God of War type game. The story is based off of "The Divine Comedy" and you battle through the circles of hell during the course of the game. From what I've read in reviews, it is not a bad game and the story is decent enough, it's just very similar to God of War. To me this isn't a bad thing, but if it is to you this is probably a pass.

Worth mentioning that there will be DLC coming soon where you can design your own levels, and play them (and other peoples levels) online in two player co op. This may end up being a selling point for me.

Dante's Inferno Info

Dark Void – 1/19/10 (PS3)

I have kept a eye on this game since I first heard about it, and I think it will turn out well. First off, I've come to really respect Capcom, most of their releases throughout time have been among my favorite games, so I have confidence they will deliver. The game is a shooter, but you have a rocket pack and can fly around as well as run around on the ground. Should provide for some very interesting tactics.

Dark Void Info

Army of Two: The 40th Day (PS3,PSP) – 1/12/10

I never tried the first one but I heard it was a lot of fun co-op. They are fixing all the complaints people had about the first game, namely the retarded AI in single player, so this should be worth a look.

Army of Two: The 40th Day Info

Mass Effect 2 – 1/26/10

Not a lot of info on this one yet. There was a brief video that implied that Shepard is dead, but that's about it really. Remember not to delete your saves from the first game!

Mass Effect 2 Info

Bioshock 2 (PS3) – 2/09/10

Sequel, not a whole lot of info yet but there are some videos at the IGN link below. If you didn't play the first game, first of all you should, but it is a First person game in which you use guns and magic (kind of), you can manipulate your enemies to fight against each other, shoot them, or use your other kinds of destructive magic to kill them. The story is great and it takes place in a underground city called Rapture.

If the sequel is even half as good as the first game it should be a no brainer purchase for just about anyone.

Bioshock 2 Info

Champions Online – 3/01/10

IGN.com wrote:Earth's first and best line of defense is its heroes. For generations, brave men and women have answered the call to protect the world from the villains who threaten its safety and security. Led by The Champions, protectors of Millennium City, the world's heroes have launched a crusade for peace, security and justice. But they need allies. Defender is calling for a new generation of superheroes to fight in a war against evil that spans the globe -- and beyond.

Champions Online is a superheroic MMO project by the creators of City of Heroes, designed to give players the power of total customization of their hero experience while they explore a vast universe of richly detailed 3D environments. The game features literally billions of character options allowing total customization, real-time action combat and of course the richly detailed Champions universe.
While I am not normally interested in the heroes type games, this will be the first stab at a MMO on the 360 and I am interested to see how it goes. I will follow this one as more info comes out.

Champions Online Info

Battlefield Bad Company 2 - 3/2/10 (PS3)

I didn't play the first one, but a lot of people liked it, with a few gripes. It seems like they addressed the concerns people had with the second iteration and they seem to be confident the multiplayer is going to kick Call of Duty's ass (I might add that this sentiment seems to be shared by people who have had a chance to play it extensively).

Being able to blow a hole in the side of the building that sniper that keeps picking you off is in, is pretty damn cool and adds a very interesting layer of tactic.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Info

Final Fantasy XIII (PS3) – 3/09/10

Final Fantasy 13!!! This game will not only kick ass, but it will cure aids, find a solution for world hunger and peace, and slap Winnow in his insolent mouth.

Final Fantasy 13 Info

Metro 2033 - 3/16/10

This game seems to be very similar to Fallout 3, although I haven't seen a ton of info on it yet. You are amongst a group of survivors and you are camped out in a train station underground somewhere. They send you out in the world to try and get supplies or what not, and you go out into the wasteland. Sounds pretty cool, I'll most likely be picking it up!
Metro 2033 Info

Nier - 4/23/10

Not a whole lot on this one yet other than it's a game that looks similar to God of War, and is developed by Square/Enix. They haven't really disappointed me much over the years so I'm hoping they won't start now :)
Nier Info

Lost Planet 2 – 5/18/10

Another one there isn't much info on, there's been a brief video that reveals some info. You will no longer control the character from the first game, the second game will be based around different factions of warring snow pirates. The republicans got their hands on the world of Lost Planet and made global warming happen, so now there are some tropical environments too, which will be a cool change of pace. They have also announced there will be 4 player co-op online, which is awesome.

Lost Planet 2 Info

Singularity (PS3) - 6/1/10
ign.com wrote:In Singularity, you fight your way through an ever-shifting environment haunted with time ravaged creatures, while sudden time waves hurl you back and forth between 1950 and the present day. Use your wits and the perfect weapon -- the Time Manipulation Device -- to unravel the conspiracy on the remote island of Katorga-12.
Singularity Info

Two Worlds: The Temptation - 6/1/10

I'll just say it, the first game fucking sucked, although I still somehow ended up playing it for 60+ hours. However, it
was obvious to anything with the ability to see, that the game was rushed out and should have spent another 6+ months in
development. They claim that won't be a issue this time around. The most promising thing I've read (I'll try to find it
so I can provide a link), was a interview with the lead developer about what people thought was wrong with the first game,
and he gave detail about how they improved or addressed every single major issue people had with the game.

Two Worlds is a open world RPG game, very similar to Oblivion. It does boast some things that Oblivion did not have, like
horses (and combat while on them), amongst other things. I am just a sucker ofr RPG's, and if the game is really improved
as much as they claim, I think it will definitely be worth a play.

Two Worlds Info

Scratch: The Ultimate DJ – 6/01/10 (PS3)

A new type of music game! It's a hip hop music game where you have a turntable and some other buttons/sliders as opposed to a guitar. The developer just recently won a lawsuit against Activision who was trying to cockblock this game from being released (so they could make a game like it first), so that's a good thing. This looks like a pretty sweet game and the people they have brought in to work on the game makes it sound promising. I'll definitely be picking it up!

Scratch: The Ultimate DJ Info

Crackdown 2 – TBA 2010

Should be a good one!
Crackdown 2 Info

Dead Island – TBA 2010

IGN.com wrote:Dead Island is a non-linear first-person shooter in which you find yourself on an island plunged into chaos. It's a place where the word "dead" has an entirely new meaning. Face the nightmare and fight for survival.

Use anything you find in your surroundings as a weapon. Make decisions that influence the entire world around you, take advantage of opponent behavior and game physics, and explore the secrets hidden in the darkest regions of the island.
I'm not big into anything zombie, but if they do a good job of implementing everything they are trying to get into this game, I think it will be worth a shot.

Dead Island Info

----PS3----

MAG – 1/26/10

Sweet multiplayer FPS that will have 256 player matches!! They are accomplishing this largely by having dedicated servers that will be optimized for the game. Games will have squads of 8 people, 4 of which form a platoon, 8 of which form the whole battle. With experience and skill you will be able to advance to being a squad leader, then a platoon leader, then the leader of the entire game. There will be dedicated voice channels for officers to communicate on, etc. This game looks AMAZING.

MAG Info

Heavy Rain – 2/16/10

I do remember the really impressive looking trailer for this game, but details seem to be very scarce. The few details I have been able to dig up are; the control scheme is going to be very unique, there are going to be four characters and the game is about them, what they have done and how they perceive things. I will try and keep this one up to date when some more info becomes available.

Heavy Rain Info

God of War 3 – 3/16/10

Another game that speaks for itself. It is a platformer/action/adventure type game in which you control the main character Kratos. These games are packed with a good story, plenty of action, some great puzzles, plenty of cool mythology. If you own a PS3 and don't buy this game you are probably insane.

God of War 3 Info

----Wii----

Legend of Zelda Wii 2 - TBA 2010

New Zelda. Motion control plus is going to be required so expect to be flailing like a retard if you want to play this one :)

Zelda 2 Info

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - TBA 2010

New Mario Galaxy!

Super Mario Galaxy 2 Info
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Funkmasterr's 2010 Game List -- Updated 11/17/09

Post by Winnow »

edit:

nothing to see here!
Last edited by Winnow on November 17, 2009, 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

On 360? Really?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Odd, I just looked up the date on Gamestops site and it gave that date. May be out on the PC but that's why I made these in the console forum :)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

my bad. wasn't paying attention to format! : ) Carry on!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:Final Fantasy XIII (PS3) – 3/09/10

Final Fantasy 12!!! More info added later.
Time to brush up on your Roman numerals.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

MMXII = Trouble Brewing!
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Mag interests me.
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

Remember not to delete your saves from the first game!
Wish I read this thread earlier. Just two days ago I deleted my Mass Effect leftover files, including saves. Damnit!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I still have mine!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I don't delete saves from any game. They don't take up that much room so why bother. Plus a game here and there sometimes looks for save files from previous games and it unlocks things or whatever. Ratchet and Clank games were doing that back in the PS2 days!

--
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

After playing Drag Age, Mass Effect 2 is now the most interesting title in January for me.
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Funkmasterr's 2010 Game List -- Updated 2/12/10

Post by Funkmasterr »

Added/updated some stuff today.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

You have lots of games to add!

Dead Rising 2
Crackdown 2
Alan Wake
Halo Reach
Bad Company 2
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Dragon Age expansion
Alpha Protocal

Starcraft 2
WoW: Cataclysm
Dawn of War 2 expansion

I'm drawing a blank on PS3 games atm, but surely there are more than GoW3 and Heavy Rain coming up, right? GT5 was delayed again until fall?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Fairweather Pure wrote:I'm drawing a blank on PS3 games atm, but surely there are more than GoW3 and Heavy Rain coming up, right? GT5 was delayed again until fall?
Other than FF13, which yeah while on 360 as well (which I'm sure will get creamed in the sales figures) no, not really. They claim they are "keeping many more games up their sleeves" whatever that happens to mean other than the obvious literal interpretation.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Pretty sure Dead Rising is on the list (or am I just confusing it with the 50 other zombie games coming out?).
Crackdown is there, bad company is there, not listing expansions in this thread.

I'll add:
Alan Wake (this does look pretty cool)
Halo Reach (fucking yawn)
Splinter Cell (even though it's gonna suck :) )
Alpha Protocol

No PC games here either.

Not listing vaporware either (GT5).

I also refuse to add Fable 3, being as peter molydouche has gone out of his way to bastardize EVERY SINGLE aspect of RPG games and put out something that a 6 month old in diapers could play by wiggling on the floor using Natal.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Aslanna wrote:
Fairweather Pure wrote:I'm drawing a blank on PS3 games atm, but surely there are more than GoW3 and Heavy Rain coming up, right? GT5 was delayed again until fall?
Other than FF13, which yeah while on 360 as well (which I'm sure will get creamed in the sales figures) no, not really. They claim they are "keeping many more games up their sleeves" whatever that happens to mean other than the obvious literal interpretation.
To be fair, PS3 had a nice lineup in 2009. I was just curious if I was glossing over anything obvious for 2010. Guess not!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Infamous 2 was announced this week.

I'm hyper excited about Lost Planet 2.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

miir wrote:Infamous 2 was announced this week.

I'm hyper excited about Lost Planet 2.
Yeah supposedly the big things at E3 for the PS3 this year are going to be:
Infamous 2
Resistance 3
Killzone 3

All of which will be released in 2011.

I'm really excited about Lost Planet 2 as well. I loved the first one, it's a shame more people didn't play the multiplayer cause it fucking owned.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Lost Planet 2 was fun (4-player coop demo vs huge monsters)

Bad Company 2 was fun (Blowing up buildingwalls where snipers / campers were hiding)

Aliens VS Pred had potential (original Alien-gameplay where you could crawl on walls/roofs etc)
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:Yeah supposedly the big things at E3 for the PS3 this year are going to be:
Infamous 2
Resistance 3
Killzone 3

All of which will be released in 2011.
All sequels.. How exciting. Where's the new original titles!

I'm 'meh' about Infamous 2. Definitely wont be a first day / full-price purchase.

--
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Anyone in Der Starcraft 2 Beta?
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Red Dead Redemption is out on May 18. I can't express the level of my excitement for this game.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:Red Dead Redemption is out on May 18. I can't express the level of my excitement for this game.
+7

Three games im lookin forward to this year

Red Dead Redemp, UFC 2010 and EA MMA
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Three things that interests me during fall/winter 2010

EA MMA
Red Dead Zombie DLC
Fallout: New Vegas

Later next year
STREETFIGHTER VS TEKKEN (using Streetfighter 4 graphics and system)
TEKKEN VS STREETFIGHTER (using Tekken 6 graphics and system)

To you who know Consoles (xbox,ps3) better, will there ever be any games for these "next-gen" consoles that are similar to

Champions of Norrath: Return to Arms
Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance 2

Good multiplayer coop Hack and Slash-games with RPG-features, itemdrops and lvlups.
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---