Fable 2 (360)

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Fable 2 (360)

Post by Winnow »

Nice Game!

Very high production value. Those that like a leisurely RPG with choices between right/wrong good/evil, will like this game.

So far it's been pretty easy but entertaining. I don't think there's a difficulty setting so I assume it gets a little more challenging later on.
Syenye
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: asian tempest

Re: Fable 2 (360)

Post by Syenye »

Fable 2 or Fallout 3?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Syenye wrote:Fable 2 or Fallout 3?
Fable 2. Sorry I wasn't clear. I like Fallout 3 the best so far but Fable 2 has been fun. I've mostly been playing Saints Row 2 though the past few days. I've been in the mood for causing chaos lately and beside nuking a town in Fallout 3, SR 2 is a great place to release some tension.

I'm barely past the intro part of Fables 2. I haven't even gotten through the tutorial and so haven't seen the full scope of the game yet. My only comment so far is that there's no difficulty setting and it's been easy in the beginning. Someone mentioned on a forum that it gets a little harder a few hours into the game.
Syenye
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Syenye »

Oops, I meant "Which one should I buy?"
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Syenye wrote:Oops, I meant "Which one should I buy?"

Oh, take this quiz and I'll respond with the game you should buy tomorrow.

1: Which personality fits you better:

a)Tank Girl
b)Elf Girl

2: Which accessory would go best with your choice in clothing:

a) a wooden staff with a big, pink, sparkling jewel on top of it
b) a pink Geiger Counter worn on your wrist

3: Would you rather:

a) melt the faces off of a few Feral Ghouls and then decide whether to eat their flesh to restore your health,risking a little radiation poisoning
b) charm a nice young village boy, settle down, and start a family
Syenye
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Syenye »

Winnow, did you ever write quizzes for Seventeen magazine?

I picked up Fable 2 today, because it came out first. Now I'm sifting through my old video games to sell back for Fallout 3.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Syenye wrote:Winnow, did you ever write quizzes for Seventeen magazine?
No, but maybe I could start a "Dear Abby" type column in it!

All is well if you're planning to pick up both titles. I'll be interested to see your comments after playing both!
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

bought it....played for an hour.....then RROD. Yay for me. I think I am going to just go buy a new Xbox with the 60GB and thr HDMI port this week. I already have someone lined up to buy my old Xbox with the 20GB once it returns from MS. They apparently already have the coffin en route to me for shipping it back.

The only thing I hate about Fable and Fable 2 is the gay chase camera. The graphics on this one are amazing and I can see it is going to be just like the first Fable where I actually take my time and play the crap out of it before I finish.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Here's a Fable 2 Guide. It looks like a good guide. The resolution is very low, making the text just barely readable so it's worth downloading if you're desparate for clues and tips but be prpared to squint. 261 pages.

The person that scanned this guide is working on the 400 page Fallout guide and will be increasing the resolution.

31mb

BradyGames makes better guides than Prima IMO.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

The mobs don't appear to drop the little bags of gold in Fable 2, which is annoying, but you can do jobs to make a good amount of money. The problem is, the jobs are just boringly repetitious. I just picked it up yesterday and played maybe 4 hours into it. Its a lot like Fable 1, just the scope is much larger, which gives you way to much to do early on...the game also doesn't do a good job of explaining the benefits to owning property, running stores, anything like that yet, so its hard to judge the best thing to do to make money.

The fighting in the game gets more difficult faster. You have to keep up on your equipment more in this game than in the first. My only problem with this is, the 8 million "rusty" weapon choices are all basically the same, and you can upgrade past them 1 hour into the game...so the first 25% of weapon choices are useless...because your starting equipment is only a turd bit worse. So I can see itemization being as poor as the first game...where you just try to get a few demon doors opened, and you already have "end game" weapons...I don't know this for sure yet...but it seems clear that this will be the case.

Its fun though, no doubt about that. I can't wait to get home and play tonight.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Best way to get money is to pick a job and do it until you have enough gold to buy some property. Buy as much as you possible can and rent it out.....that cash rolls in for you even when you are not playing the game.
Kirruu
No Stars!
XBL Gamertag: Kirruu

Post by Kirruu »

Love Fable 2. Unfortunately, my brand new Xbox360 crapped out on me after two days (red ring of death) so now I have to wait for replacement. The good news is by the time I log back in, I'll be well off (got some properties asap). Bad news is, I've been snowed in since last Wednesday night... cabin fever + dead console = fabulous holidays. Can't even ship the f'n thing back right now. Btw, for those wondering about Fable 2 - it's one of the very few console games that make me come back for more, it's well worth the $$.
Some assembly required.
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

Thanks for answering a question I didn't even have to ask... looks like I'll be picking up a Fable 2 sometime this week!

We just got our 360, my son got it for Christmas, been playing Web of Shadows and Ultimate Alliance Gold (he wanted to reply it as Hulk and Venom). Anyway I have it under a shelf there is about 1 inch above it and one foot on either side, think the ventilation is ok?

I was a little saddened to see it had the 175w powersupply as we were hoping to get one of the new chips.

Marb
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Marbus wrote:Thanks for answering a question I didn't even have to ask... looks like I'll be picking up a Fable 2 sometime this week!

We just got our 360, my son got it for Christmas, been playing Web of Shadows and Ultimate Alliance Gold (he wanted to reply it as Hulk and Venom). Anyway I have it under a shelf there is about 1 inch above it and one foot on either side, think the ventilation is ok?

I was a little saddened to see it had the 175w powersupply as we were hoping to get one of the new chips.

Marb
You can have the 175w power supply and still have the Jasper chipset. You have to look on the console to see the power usage. If it's 12,1 then you have Jasper. 14,1 would be Falcon.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

So I'm horribly addicted to this game. Such a great game that Lionhead has crafted here. Hats off to them! I bought Knothole to go along with it and am having a lot of fun.

Tip - There's 3 achievements tied to the ending To avoid having to play it 3 times, stand next to your 360 and choose one, after the achievement unlocks but before the game saves itself, turn off the 360 and then go back in, you'll have the achievement and will be able to replay the sequence to unlock the other 2 achievements.

I'm playing through the game a 2nd time choosing the evil path and the ramifications of your choices on the world in some places is pretty drastic.
[Show]
You can also resurrect your dog on Knothole Island if you choose the Sacrifice or Greed endings at the end of the original campaign! I didn't know about this and though I was screwed on the key gathering achievement because some of them are buried and you need the dog to locate them.
Last edited by Animalor on January 28, 2009, 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I still need to pick this game back up and finish it. To be honest, I liked the game, but the complete lack of any difficulty or challenge is what I think made me put it down before I was done with it.

Is the expansion really worth the money? I had heard from a friend at work that he was not impressed with it so I was gonna skip it, but that's really all I had heard about it so far.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Funkmasterr wrote:I still need to pick this game back up and finish it. To be honest, I liked the game, but the complete lack of any difficulty or challenge is what I think made me put it down before I was done with it.

Is the expansion really worth the money? I had heard from a friend at work that he was not impressed with it so I was gonna skip it, but that's really all I had heard about it so far.
Knothole's an interesting piece of DLC. Not overly hard. A Quest line that spans 3 dungeons, all of which aren't all that challenging. You can get 2 sets of armor (Good and Evil) as well as a set of something that liiks like biker clothes. There's the thing I spoilered earlier, a collection achievement that requires you find 10 books explaining the move of the people from Knothole Glade in the Original Fable to Knothole Island.

The vendors also sell a bunch of new potions that can remove scarring, that can make your character taller or shorter, make you fatter or skinnier as well (the weakest potion will remove 20 fatness from your character, by increments of 20).

Knothole isn't really a cut and dry situation where the DLC is worth it or not. If you loved Fable 2 and want more, then I recommend that you get it (I'm really happy I did). You seem to be on the fence on the game so the extra 10 bucks might be a waste for you.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

This is on sale for 30$ at Best Buy this week. I picked it up and played maybe the frst 30 minutes last night. I really like what I've seen so far. I picked up the DLC but really know nothing about it. When can I start it?
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Btw, I feel a weird sense of guilt over playing a new RPG when I haven't put much time at all into Fallout 3. I also have all the DLC for that as well and I haven't played it since release.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I still haven't finished this game. The concept of the game interested me, and at first I found the game charming, but to be honest the game is too easy, and the combat systems are too oversimplified to keep me interested. I do want to finish it at some point to at least get the achievement points, though.

I haven't played through the DLC yet, but it's all very short from what I understand.. I just read something recently about the next DLC for this game too but I can't remember where.

Let me know what you think of the DLC content.

EDIT: I am feeling guilty about all the RPG's I haven't finished yet, too. I started playing Star Ocean again last night and immediately got into it again, and I still have to finish Fable, and I would like to get the new DLC for Fallout for sure, if not all of it and go through all that too.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I was checking out the offical website and lo and behold, there is another DLC pack that will be released this month called "See the Future" and will only be 560 MS points. I had no idea.

Here are the details.

http://www.lionhead.com/Fable2/SeetheFuture.aspx

I'm kind of a whore for DLC.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Kirruu wrote:Love Fable 2. Unfortunately, my brand new Xbox360 crapped out on me after two days (red ring of death) so now I have to wait for replacement. The good news is by the time I log back in, I'll be well off (got some properties asap). Bad news is, I've been snowed in since last Wednesday night... cabin fever + dead console = fabulous holidays. Can't even ship the f'n thing back right now. Btw, for those wondering about Fable 2 - it's one of the very few console games that make me come back for more, it's well worth the $$.

I have been wondering if it was just a fluke, but my 360 died after playing this for an hour...
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I really like the latest DLC. You walk up to a vendor who sells you cursed items. These items are all mini adventures. You select them from your inventory and you are taken into the object to cleanse its curse. I've played 3-4 of these so far and they have been really fun.

Also as and FYI, I bought these items on the xbox in my living room. I went to play it in the bedroom and it said I needed the DLC to continue the game. At this point, the DLC window popped up and I was able to DL both of the adventures I had already purchased onto my bedroom xbox for free. Since apparently this is how DLC works, I will be DLing all the Fallout 3 adventures onto my bedroom 360 now!

Also, it sounds like more DLC is going to be announced at E3 for Fable 2.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

I have too many other games I need to get through before I go back and play this new DLC, but I'll get there eventually! As someone who couldn't get past the intro village in Fable 1, I was really impressed with how much I enjoyed Fable 2.