Bully: Scholarship Edition 360

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Bully: Scholarship Edition 360

Post by Winnow »

I didn't play Bully on the PS2 so am looking forward to it on the 360.

There's a video review of it here:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/856/856138p1.html

Rockstar rebuilt the engine for the 360 and improved the character models and textures a bit. It's still not state of the art but the game looks like it could be fun.

Not enough reviews for a rating yet on Metacritic:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platfor ... hipedition
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Bully: Scholarship Edition 360

Post by Winnow »

This game's been pretty fun so far. My only complaint would be the controls. They suck, just like every other game made by Rock Star. I hope they addressed this in GTA IV.

It seems you have to run everywhere in this game, otherwise you'll get into a fight. I punched a school security guard repeatedly in the nuts less than five minutes into the game because I was jumped by some punks.

Although the game is "only" $50.00, it seems a bit much for it as the graphics are really just polished up PS2 style. The school and surrounding town is very open so you can wander. You just need to be off the streets by 2am and make it to your classes although you can play hooky.

This YouTube video will give you an idea of the graphics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cVNQJxiJtE

Comparison between 360 and Wii versions. Even in this game that doesn't push the 360, the graphics look much better than the Wii.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYo8dc0ow9o

(I can't believe people actually think the Wii graphics look OK. Need HD graphics these days unless you're playing Pong)
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:(I can't believe people actually think the Wii graphics look OK. Need HD graphics these days unless you're playing Pong)
Wrong!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Zygar_ Cthulhukin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Zygar_ Cthulhukin »

Don't like the controls, huh? I wonder if there's a system out there that has innovative controls that could solve that problem......hmmmmm
{{{(>.<)}}} (o.o) \\(^o^)// --- I DID IT!!!! -Hiro
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Zygar_ Cthulhukin wrote:Don't like the controls, huh? I wonder if there's a system out there that has innovative controls that could solve that problem......hmmmmm
It's called the PC.
Thess
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Thess »

Winnow wrote:This game's been pretty fun so far. My only complaint would be the controls. They suck, just like every other game made by Rock Star. I hope they addressed this in GTA IV.
The controls are pretty easy on the wii version of this game!
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Is the nut punch motion realistic?
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Thess wrote:
Winnow wrote:This game's been pretty fun so far. My only complaint would be the controls. They suck, just like every other game made by Rock Star. I hope they addressed this in GTA IV.
The controls are pretty easy on the wii version of this game!
Just in case that Wii thing turns out to be a hit!:
Rumors of a Wii Remote-like motion-sensing controller for the Xbox 360 continue to fly, with at least one website citing "internal sources at Microsoft" giving confirmation of the project.

The device was initially reported by MTV.com, which said it would do "all the Wii remote does, and more." The controller has been in development since August 2007, according to MTV's anonymous source, with Microsoft-owned studio Rare given the task of coming up with a unified interface and "look" for the device.

8Bit Joystick is now claiming its Microsoft sources have confirmed the existence of the controller, current known by its internal engineering code name of "Newton." According to the site, it may be "a couple months" before prototype shots become available and the device is ready for mass manufacturing, but the device should be ready for market by winter 2008. Along with functionality similar to that of the Wii controller, the Microsoft device will also support rumble motors, wireless two-way communication and a built-in microphone.
Thess
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Thess »

Isn't it the spring of 2008 right now? I guess they mean November/December!
Last edited by Thess on April 11, 2008, 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Thess wrote:Isn't it the spring of 2008 right now?
Winter starts again before the end of 2008!