Rock Band 360

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Re: Rock Band 360

Post by Tyek »

I finally got my 360 back. Fired up Rock Band and formed a band with my kids called the Angry Sphincters. This is a great game. I am trying the drums and it is really hard when you have no discernable music ability. I downloaded some extra songs and while I can get as high as 97% on easy on most of the drums, Rush's Limelight destroyed me. Finished at 82% and they were being gentle. If you want a drumming challenge that is the one to me.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

You'll get there, man... In no time, you'll be kicking ass on medium and trying the hard/expert stuff for fun.

I can do quite a few on expert, but that's pretty much it for my right leg afterwards :D
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

considering I had surgery on my left leg 6 weeks ago, Ii think I will stay away from expert for a while. I need one of my legs to have some strength and my right leg has had 6 surgeries prior, so I have to take it a little easy.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

So I wanted to inform people on my recent discovery related to fans. If you are playing on expert and gaining fans, you gain them fairly slowly, maybe 20k fans for a long setlist.. So we were playing one night last weekend and we were at like 950k fans, and played a 5 song setlist, we beat it with like 23/25 stars and got 750,000 fans. Lol, this trend has continued now that we cleared 1 million (we now have about 4.5 mil) - so they just try and hold you back from getting 1 mil for as long as possible, then you gets tons for every song you play after.

Anyhow, we are going to finish off the last city we haven't beat tonight, then play the endless setlist on expert (i am going to play the bass since I can't beat GGAHT and my girlfriend will sing) - will be the ultimate achievement! Then all there is left to do is beat as much of the shit as we can on expert (we beat most of the cities on hard).

Still having a lot of fun with this though!

P.S. - If I pull this off I will be a platinum artist, and anyone interested in getting the "riding coattails" achievement just needs to play a song with me, so let me know if you want to :)
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I beat the endless setlist on expert, and have been working on finishing the solo guitar career on expert.. I was stuck on two songs and beat one of them (Highway Star).. I have been practicing Green Grass and High Tides and I have been getting to about 94% into the song now every time when I fail.. So frustrating.
Janx
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Janx

Post by Janx »

I still havent bothered to go back and see if I could beat it again on expert. Once was enough for me.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

FINALLY BEAT IT! Played it for about two and a half hours straight last night and I finally got it!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I'm not sure which thread to put this in!

Portal's "Still Alive" performed in Rock Band:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAgutrkFjBQ

different video angle of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDQ4ZXX5Ft0

The cake wasn't a lie! (see end of second video)

The singer is the one who wrote the song. The guitarists are Leo Laporte and Veronica Belmont, two popular podcasters. (Leo used to be on Screensavers)

They failed. On one of their podcasts they said they only got to practice the song once before going on stage. A VV Band could do better!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I'm decent at Rock Band. I see most VVers are better than me, so I'll give up my spot in the band!
Gamei
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Gamei »

I fucking love Rock Band. I'm pretty good at the guitar, since I come from GH1/2(3 can blow me, fuck you neverhawksoft.) I sometimes catch myself wishing the guitar in RB was harder than it is, but it's still a challenge to get the gold stars at least. Since I can't help showing off just a little, http://www.sovereignguild.org/gallery/v ... /rockband/ I've been keeping track of what I gold star for a friendly competition I'm having with someone on guitar.

I'm getting into drums now, but some songs on hard still fuck me over. Especially when the bass is offbeat from the pads, that really throws me off. It's fun as hell though. Playing with 4 people is the best, but even solo it's great fun. I keep meaning to finish off assassin's creed and never really get around to it. =p
Merada - 70 Druid
Brethren
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Gamei wrote:Since I can't help showing off just a little, http://www.sovereignguild.org/gallery/v ... /rockband/ I've been keeping track of what I gold star for a friendly competition I'm having with someone on guitar.
Wow, the Sovereign site still exists!

Most entertaining photo gallery:

http://www.sovereignguild.org/gallery/v ... holybelle/

Best page:

http://www.sovereignguild.org/roster/
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

Winnow wrote:Most entertaining photo gallery:

http://www.sovereignguild.org/gallery/v ... holybelle/
mmm, vampires.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Gamei
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Gamei »

They're still around in WoW on Bloodhoof. =p
Merada - 70 Druid
Brethren
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

:lol: :lol:

The DLC today for Rock Band is the song "Still Alive" - the song from the end credits of Portal. It is FREE! Fucking awesome, I laughed through the entire song. I heard this was going to be released but didn't believe it.

P.S. no it's not a joke - it's free :)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

six posts up! (didn't know it would be free though!)
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tyek »

Necro time on this thread.

I am probably giving too much away about me, but my son spent the past 18 months or so on tour with a band. He was the traveling guitarist with them after their main guitarist took a break. They even worked on their new single here at my house.

They had a song released on Rock Band Rivals. It is free if you have the game.

He got to play over 150 shows with them, sometimes in front of thousands. He toured with some big bands and got to play Warped Tour. We are are very proud of him. If you still have the instruments and have Rock band Rivals look up the KROQ pack. The band he played with is in there.