Ultra High-Rez Texture Pack

For those of you with a little Tom Bombadil in you. No bursting into song, please.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Ultra High-Rez Texture Pack

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Does anyone have a Premium membership to Allakhazam? I'd love to borrow the logign info so I could download this.
Updates: Ultra High-Rez Texture Pack Posted by: Draknorr on Monday, April 2nd, 2007 @ 14:03 PDT
If you want the best graphics in Lord of the Rings Online you need the Ultra High-Rez Texture Pack. Until now it has only been available on select pre-order DVDs.

We've posted the 1.8 gig download on our downloads page, available to premium members. Once downloaded place the file into your LOTRO directory and the option should be available in-game to select Ultra High-Rez Textures.

Remember, Premium Members get many benefits; if you're not a premium member you can find out more about the perks and how to sign up here.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

I am pretty sure it was an option when I installed from my Best Buy pre-order disk.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Yeah I pre-order the digital download through Frys.com.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

i downloaded the high res .dat file to see if it makes any difference in the game - put it in my lotro root directory as instructed, but I couldn't see a difference. I know there is a distinct difference but it's not working for me.

Game doesn't work well with the 79XX series of cards anyway so it's not a big deal (major graphical bugs, texture fuck ups, random lines in the UI drawn etc, leaving the game unplayable).
miir and I are best friends. <3
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Mr Bacon wrote:i downloaded the high res .dat file to see if it makes any difference in the game - put it in my lotro root directory as instructed, but I couldn't see a difference. I know there is a distinct difference but it's not working for me.

Game doesn't work well with the 79XX series of cards anyway so it's not a big deal (major graphical bugs, texture fuck ups, random lines in the UI drawn etc, leaving the game unplayable).
I had some odd issues with it since the last time I played.
All PC faces were blacked out unless the 'camera' was super close.
Also got some acid-trip distortion going from 1st to 3rd person (and vice versa).
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z