3 Questions about Vanguard

Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

3 Questions about Vanguard

Post by Sylvus »

I haven't paid much attention to this forum at all, ever, nor have I really paid much attention to Vanguard. I wasn't even aware it was about to be released until someone told me that it had been. I am moderately bored with the games I've been playing lately. To that end, I have three questions for those of you that play:

Is this game fun?

In what ways is it similar to or different from the other MMOs I've played?

If I were to buy it what server should I play on? (assuming it has different servers)
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

If you liked EQ1, Vanguard is a very natural progression.

I personally think it's fun, but I'm not here to sell it. Miir should be along any moment now.

I'm on Woefeather, and I've heard a lot of Ixtlan are on Woefeather as well. I know Miir and others are on different servers.
Last edited by noel on February 10, 2007, 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
archeiron
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by archeiron »

noel wrote:If you liked EQ1, Vanguard is a very natural progression.

I personally think it's fun, but I'm not here to sell it. Miir should be along any moment now.

I'm on Woefeather, and I've heard a lot of Ixtlan is on Woefeather as well. I know Miir and others are on different servers.
I am from the VV Grammar Police Internal Affairs; you are being placed on suspension for suspicious use of grammar.

I know nothing about Vanguard save that my PC won't play it without it looking like complete ass. Carry on.
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

I am enjoying it. The game feels more like EQ1 than EQ2 ever did. But I don't feel the pressure to level fast. Am having a lot of fun putzing around, leveling when I want to, play with Diplomacy (which I love) etc.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

The Monk system is the best system in any MMORPG for Martial Artists imho.

Gives lots of choice in playstyle.

I wanted (and suggested) combos ever since EQ1! :D

From EQ1 to Vanguard one can easily see that the Monk-system finally has evolved in the right direction.

Now we have combos like Openers, Bridges, Finishers + Advanced Finishers (Exploding Heart Strike just like in those ol Hong Kong-movies)

They have "their own" energypool called Jin (Ki / Chi / Qi etc)

The battlesystem in general is interesting due to so many states and the ability to exploit the weaknesses.

If you stagger an opponent, an other groupmember can exploit a staggered opponent with an attack doing much higher damage etc.

Good system imho.
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

archeiron wrote:
noel wrote:If you liked EQ1, Vanguard is a very natural progression.

I'm on Woefeather, and I've heard a lot of Ixtlan is on Woefeather as well. I know Miir and others are on different servers.
I am from the VV Grammar Police Internal Affairs; you are being placed on suspension for suspicious use of grammar.

I know nothing about Vanguard save that my PC won't play it without it looking like complete ass. Carry on.
Jesus, I'm sorry. That's fucking bad.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

It's not that bad really. Ixtlan is a collective, so it conjugates as a singular. It would have been correct without the 'a lot of'. I don't know what the fuck it becomes after that, but it conjugates as the plural.

It's fascinating that as I'm learning the proper grammar of other languages, I'm realizing how completely fucked up English is.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

A lot of the Ixtlani? :twisted:

Them Ixtlans?
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

I would get conjugal with all of you - see me in the trailer in 10 mins.
Pyrella - Illusionist - Leader of Ixtlan on Antonia Bayle

if you were walking around and you came upon a tulip with tits, would you let it be for the rest of the world to enjoy.. or would you pick it and carry it off to a secluded area to motorboat them?
-Cadalano
MooZilla
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by MooZilla »

In my experience Vanguard has felt like a lot like the original EQ. There is a lot of mystery to the game when you really get out there, although, i've had some beef with the continent of Kojan. It's really small and limited - so i recommend that you start your character on Qalia or Thestra.

I'm having tons more fun than i've ever had in WoW and EQ2. It's super fun leveling up with a whole guild, eagerly anticipating the high-end content.

Noel, what level are you? I'm on Woefeather too. We should group sometime.
i am a liberal.