Post by Mr Bacon »

incoming 'lol game so not ready' posts.
miir and I are best friends. <3
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

Well, is it ready?
Pyrella - Illusionist - Leader of Ixtlan on Antonia Bayle

if you were walking around and you came upon a tulip with tits, would you let it be for the rest of the world to enjoy.. or would you pick it and carry it off to a secluded area to motorboat them?
-Cadalano
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

lol, so not ready.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

pyrella wrote:Well, is it ready?
no, but it will be okay.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

lol game so not ready
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

miir wrote:lol game so not ready
but what does this mean?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

lol game so not ready

Or so I've heard!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

Vanguard goes LIVE Jan 30th 2007????
Dumb.
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

cadalano wrote:
Vanguard goes LIVE Jan 30th 2007????
Dumb.
Brilliant turnabout!
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

I am humbled :cry: :cry:

Given that the earliest bet on the release date poll in this very board was end of March, I'm not the only one that's surprised that it's being pushed out the door now.

Also given that my 6800GT died a few weeks ago and I'm stuck with a ti4200, I won't be trying this anytime soon.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Mr Bacon wrote:no, but it will be okay.
Matrix Online OK, Anarchy Online OK, Shadowbane OK, or City of Villains OK? (hint: One of these things is not like the others.)

Also, why would you mock posts laughing because the game isn't ready when you yourself just admitted it's not ready?
Last edited by noel on January 11, 2007, 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Morgrym
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Morgrym »

It's a grand Sony plan to have it fall flat on it's face. Shortly after the laughter dies down, or while people are still up in arms over the steaming pile of Sigil poo, they will release an xpac or something for EQ2 to save the day and give Mcquaid the final fucking they have been holding out on.
Chachi (Whisperwind) <retired>

FKA Morgrym / Skrunch (Veeshan) <retired>
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Morgrym wrote:It's a grand Sony plan to have it fall flat on it's face. Shortly after the laughter dies down, or while people are still up in arms over the steaming pile of Sigil poo, they will release an xpac or something for EQ2 to save the day and give Mcquaid the final fucking they have been holding out on.
I'm still really curious as to what drove Sigil and MS apart. Must've been pretty bad to send him packing back to SCEA.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

what the fuck? the game needs AT THE VERY LEAST another six months. I would be shooting for xmas 07. it is so incomplete that I'm surprised they lifted the NDA.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

noel wrote:
Mr Bacon wrote:no, but it will be okay.
Matrix Online OK, Anarchy Online OK, Shadowbane OK, or City of Villains OK? (hint: One of these things is not like the others.)

Also, why would you mock posts laughing because the game isn't ready when you yourself just admitted it's not ready?
I'm mocking them because it's bound the be the only thing people talk about.

CoV, except people will actually make it past 2 weeks before throwing it in the trashcan.
I'm still really curious as to what drove Sigil and MS apart. Must've been pretty bad to send him packing back to SCEA.
they wanted it on 360, and to be released in early 06.
what the fuck? the game needs AT THE VERY LEAST another six months.
I'd say more like 2-3 months.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Yes, but you have Glasses of +25 Visually Stunning Points so we can safely assume double what you say.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

The more I play this beta, the more I think it is utter dog shit. There is simply nothing redeeming about it. Recently I made a necromancer human (I don't remember what kind, there's like a billion different kinds of humans and they are all the same). I start on this beach. I haven't got the remotest fucking clue what is going on. There are all these burning houses and villagers running around and a guy on a huge dragon and Image is going on?

So after 10 minutes of jogging around like a retard I guess the guy on a giant dragon can be hailed. Who knew? Not me cause there's no fucking indication. Apparently I am an officer of some army that is attacking this village in the name of "the emporer". Who is this emporer and why am I attacking this village for him and why am I level 1 and the soliders under my command level 20 and what army is this? Who the fuck knows! Certainly not me because there is absolutely no lore, no tutorial or no text explaining anything. The only thing I got was a popup window when I first logged on informing me that I better make friends and group with them otherwise I'm going to die.

Then I did a quest that entailed me to walk 2 feet and hail a guy. Then another one that was basically 100% identical to WoW's horde quest where I bitchslap peons to get them to work harder. Then I got a quest to kill 2 villagers. NOW THIS IS CONTENT!

Did I mention the game is ugly yet still grinds to a halt on my computer that can run Oblivion at 40 fps?
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

Since when has Sony ever released a complete product?
Sabek
Just Sabek
Morgrym
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Morgrym »

Mr Bacon wrote:I'm mocking them because it's bound the be the only thing people talk about.
I remember when DDO was the only thing people were talking about too. :roll:

I bet Woody is already drawing up a comic of Vancrap flying into the zapper.

noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Sabek wrote:Since when has Sony ever released a complete product?
That could actually be it. Maybe they think the shit they pulled with EQ1 is acceptable in today's MMOG market.

If an MMOG falls in the middle of a forest but there's no one around to hear it does it make a sound?
Morgrym
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Morgrym »

No, but in Vanguard you can CHOP DOWN TREES!!! wow, what a selling point.

Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

Sabek wrote:Since when has Sony ever released a complete product?
I was going to say Echos of Faydware but they didn't include the Estate of Unrest... however it could be argued that it should be additional content since they didn't promise it on the box or anything. EoF has been an excellent addition to EQ2... IMHO the best one SOE has ever released.

Marb
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Morgrym wrote:No, but in Vanguard you can CHOP DOWN TREES!!! wow, what a selling point.
I chopped down some trees this morning!
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

kyoukan wrote:The more I play this beta, the more I think it is utter dog shit. There is simply nothing redeeming about it. Recently I made a necromancer human (I don't remember what kind, there's like a billion different kinds of humans and they are all the same). I start on this beach. I haven't got the remotest fucking clue what is going on. There are all these burning houses and villagers running around and a guy on a huge dragon and Image is going on?
Should write a letter to them, IMO, complaining about throwing you right into the action.
kyoukan wrote:So after 10 minutes of jogging around like a retard I guess the guy on a giant dragon can be hailed. Who knew? Not me cause there's no fucking indication.
You mean, other than the 10 PC's standing around him, as well as the "Quest" Icon hanging above his head, gg.
kyoukan wrote:Apparently I am an officer of some army that is attacking this village in the name of "the emporer". Who is this emporer and why am I attacking this village for him and why am I level 1 and the soliders under my command level 20 and what army is this? Who the fuck knows! Certainly not me because there is absolutely no lore, no tutorial or no text explaining anything. The only thing I got was a popup window when I first logged on informing me that I better make friends and group with them otherwise I'm going to die.
Good point, you really should have your character start at level 20. Also, in that letter you're going to write, make sure to mention the complete lack of lore for the entire game - they'll get a kick out of it.
kyoukan wrote:Then I did a quest that entailed me to walk 2 feet and hail a guy. Then another one that was basically 100% identical to WoW's horde quest where I bitchslap peons to get them to work harder. Then I got a quest to kill 2 villagers. NOW THIS IS CONTENT!
It was content for WoW but not this game? It's just not allowed, right? I mean, there were no "collect 5 of this, kill so many of these" quests in EQ, right?
kyoukan wrote:Did I mention the game is ugly yet still grinds to a halt on my computer that can run Oblivion at 40 fps?
Learn to tweak settings, there's tons of guides all over the place, not to mention the game looks quite good on balanced and even performance settings.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

yeah that must be right. I was being thrown right into the HOT ACTION.
You mean, other than the 10 PC's standing around him, as well as the "Quest" Icon hanging above his head, gg.
The model is too big to show the quest icon, the icon is inside the model. Sigil didn't scale it properly for anything larger than a humanoid. gg
Good point, you really should have your character start at level 20.
Way to grasp my point.
Learn to tweak settings
why should I have to tweak my settings to get a playable frame rate, when in every other game I own, tweaking my settings entails me turning everything up to maximum? guess what, doofus? tweaking my settings isn't going to make this festival of ugly any prettier while simultaneously making it run faster.

but you have fun encouraging SOE to release shitware a year early by rewarding them financially for it. maybe you'll get a special in game item, like a ball gag or some leather underwear with the asshole cut out that you can wear while brad cornholes you as he fingers through your wallet for anything he might have missed the first time.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

kyoukan wrote:The model is too big to show the quest icon, the icon is inside the model. Sigil didn't scale it properly for anything larger than a humanoid. gg
I just played there yesterday. The icon is about 3 feet above the top, clearly visible.
kyoukan wrote:Way to grasp my point.
The whole thing was invalid to begin with =\
kyoukan wrote:why should I have to tweak my settings to get a playable frame rate, when in every other game I own, tweaking my settings entails me turning everything up to maximum? guess what, doofus? tweaking my settings isn't going to make this festival of ugly any prettier while simultaneously making it run faster.
Because dragging bars up and down is really fucking hard. Guess what, this game is still in beta, so not everything is perfect.

It's obvious you had a negative view of this game before you even started playing, so the likelihood that you would actually enjoy was significantly decreased. Especially considering in this case we have the almighty bitch kyoukan.
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

Fuck my thesaurus, I need a pocket Kyoukan for English class.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I am just amused that we have a forum for the 6 or so people that are actually going to play this game? The majority of the posts here are trash talking the game, or derails like this one is damn close to being.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

I said to delete it many, many months ago.
Drinsic Darkwood
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Drinsic Darkwood »

Mr Bacon wrote:
No it wasn't. Her complaint wasn't that she starts as a level 1 character. The complaint is that if she is level 1 - why is she commanding soldiers in some imperial army that are 20 times her superior? If you're going to go on about how much lore the game has, it could at least make sense.
Do unto others what has been done to you.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

That would get in the way of Rellix's rabid fanboi jizz fest, whatever that means.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Mr Bacon wrote:I said to delete it many, many months ago.
It's not up to you. If people here want to discuss Vanguard, this is the place for it. Just because we're not all polishing McQuaid and SOE's collective knobs doesn't mean that our discussions, opinions and criticisms aren't valid as discussions, opinions and criticisms.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

That's fine - go for it - but I'm done posting in this forum.

I don't need uninformed opinions rotting in the back of my mind. No, I'm not saying every negative opinion here is trash - some of it is actually well thought out. Some.

I appreciate those who have made knowledgeable posts, but honestly, just like foh's forums, this place has turned into a center of hate for hate's sake. Retardation at its finest.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

dumb
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

What a drama queen.

So some (most) people don't particulary like Vanguard. Who gives a shit? I fail to see why you take this forum so seriously.

But since you're done posting here I GUESS WE'LL NEVER KNOW!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Morgrym
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Morgrym »

I always get a chuckle when someone takes things too seriously and then goes into the corner to pout.

Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Rename this forum "Further Proof That Rellix is a Shit-Brained Cunt" please.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

I love it when people say, "I'm never posting here again!"

"Screw you guys, I'm going home!" ><
Drinsic Darkwood
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Drinsic Darkwood »

noel wrote:I love it when people say, "I'm never posting here again!"
I'm personally a fan of the part where they return and tell us that Michael Richards didn't say anything racist on stage.
Do unto others what has been done to you.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Mr Bacon wrote:Because dragging bars up and down is really fucking hard.
perhaps this game defies the laws of physics (maybe the amount of gay contained in it has actually gone nova and the amount of gay it released has created an alternate gay universe where the laws of physics and reality are routinely defied in order to encourage more unique man-man sexual positions), but how exactly is dragging performance bars around going to make the game not pigshit ugly and run about five times faster than it does now?
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

OMG IM NOT POSTING HERE ANYMORES!!!

Er, yeah, like 1st post here, eh?

Hi guys, what's up with Vanguard??
en kærlighed småkager
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

He can go home, but the ball isn't his to take.
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

kyoukan wrote:The more I play this beta, the more I think it is utter dog shit. There is simply nothing redeeming about it. Recently I made a necromancer human (I don't remember what kind, there's like a billion different kinds of humans and they are all the same). I start on this beach. I haven't got the remotest fucking clue what is going on. There are all these burning houses and villagers running around and a guy on a huge dragon and Image is going on?

So after 10 minutes of jogging around like a retard I guess the guy on a giant dragon can be hailed. Who knew? Not me cause there's no fucking indication. Apparently I am an officer of some army that is attacking this village in the name of "the emporer". Who is this emporer and why am I attacking this village for him and why am I level 1 and the soliders under my command level 20 and what army is this? Who the fuck knows! Certainly not me because there is absolutely no lore, no tutorial or no text explaining anything. The only thing I got was a popup window when I first logged on informing me that I better make friends and group with them otherwise I'm going to die.

Then I did a quest that entailed me to walk 2 feet and hail a guy. Then another one that was basically 100% identical to WoW's horde quest where I bitchslap peons to get them to work harder. Then I got a quest to kill 2 villagers. NOW THIS IS CONTENT!

Did I mention the game is ugly yet still grinds to a halt on my computer that can run Oblivion at 40 fps?
LOL :lol:

Eric has a beta account and has logged into the account like once every month he's had it. He spends like 10 minutes in the game before logging off in a surly mood. He had the same complaints basically.
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

My beta key never made it past my gmail ;)
Morgrym
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Morgrym »

Finally got around to removing this off my computer last night. Lord of the Rings Online went right after it. Not that LoTRO is a bad game, it's 100x better than Vanguard, it's just not my sort of thing. Really hoping Age of Conan or Warhammer is up to snuff.

Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Mr Bacon wrote:
I believe she meant that it would be more logical if you commanded armies later, like lets say at lvl 25 or so (at least higher than those you command).

If the commanding of lvl 20 Fighters would happen later, it would be more credible than from the start from a lvl 1 where those you command are more capable than yourself. Why would they follow your lead?

Maybe some other tutorial-quest in the beginning would be more suitable than the army-one.

Maybe a different role in the war for a lvl 1 Hero.
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
threnody
No Stars!

Post by threnody »

Well, strictly speaking.. throughout history and even today people are placed in positions of power for various reasons. Be it family, particular paths in education or some other form of initiative. How many people have you worked for that you've been better than? How many times through out history has an officer or leader in an army been selected because of whom they know or who their parents are?

Now, that said, are any of these things established as the reason as to why you are the leader of these men? Nope. No clue what so ever. In fact, I can only think of one call back to the military after your path towards enlightenment is taken. And even if they did pigeon hole someone into such a background, I’m sure the people who want to develop some kind of background for their character (silly RP faggots and all =P) would bitch. After all, I’m sure there are only so many people who will want to cyber with an ex-military captain.

The problem with this starting area is that it very poorly creates your character's background for you. It would probably make a better single player experience if they took more time to develop the story line. I can see what they are doing -- the whole redemption thing is a common theme in many cultures. However, I feel it just simply doesn't work here.

Edit: Also, the Shogun getting pissed off and asking for a village to be burned to the ground wasn't entirely an uncommon thing either.. but again, it's poorly contrived.
Asshole, Network Operator and Services root, VV/NK IRC Network
Neroon
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Neroon »

Not sure why that starting race is so much different. The ones I have seen (4 or 5) are pretty much the standard noob questlines you see in any mmo.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Game runs fine on my machine. So I'll play. :twisted: