HOLY SHIT THIS GAME SUCKS!
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Can you be more specific? Otherwise you're just trolling!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Morgrym
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Morgrym »

I think it's just a whole general aura of suckatude. I went to patch it the other day to see if it was any better but it was a 3 hour patch. I never got around to doing it while I was asleep but it sounds like it's still not worth my time. I had such high hopes for this game too. Oh well, heres to hoping that Conan or Warhammer is worth a damn. LoTR is pretty decent so far as well.
Chachi (Whisperwind) <retired>

FKA Morgrym / Skrunch (Veeshan) <retired>
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

My system is -decent-.. it's 3ghz, 1gb ram, ati x1300... it runs everything fairly well, like, i can run 2 instances of eve online and function with both.

I fired up this game and got lots of artifacts during character creation. It's not as if the models aren't ugly/rigid/plain/gay enough, add flourescent pink and orange triangles and it gets just that much more awesome.

The artifacts went away as I logged in, and I finished my first few quests. The quest completion effect really exaggerates the accomplishment in walking 10 feet and talking to someone else.

It runs like ass even with the high performance option set.

What does this game bring to the market? Admittedly I haven't played it very much, but I don't see anything new or interesting.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
flankmen
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by flankmen »

Unless I'm missing something, I believe that the game's still in beta 3.

Fromy my invite email dated 12/21:
We are delighted to extend this invitation to you to participate in the Vanguard: Saga of Heroes beta Phase 3.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

1) it's in 4
2) you haven't played enough
3) you have to tweak the settings right now to get good performance - the presets are off. Trust me, you can tweak the settings and not only will it look awesome, it will kick ass performance wise, even on shitty computers. You wouldn't believe how much they've optimized this game to make it run well.
miir and I are best friends. <3
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

I'm liking it so far. To each their own. I think it's taken some ideas from WoW and some ideas from EQ2. The world seems large enough that it will be fun exploring. I'm still out on whether or not this is a release purchase, but I know that it's come a long way in the month or so I've been playing, and I think they still have at least 3 more months of testing to go. So who knows where we'll end up in another quarter.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Mr Bacon wrote: 3) you have to tweak the settings right now to get good performance - the presets are off. Trust me, you can tweak the settings and not only will it look awesome, it will kick ass performance wise, even on shitty computers. You wouldn't believe how much they've optimized this game to make it run well.
Give Fash an optimization-guide so he can enjoy it fully MR Bacon! :)
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
threnody
No Stars!

Post by threnody »

The game itself takes up on my machine at least 1.4 gig of memory. If you only have 1 gig, that means your memory is being swapped around like Paris Hilton at an after party.

2 gig has been the norm for good game play for years now. People need to stop being poosah about their PeeCee upgrades and hop to.

I do understand why people who can't run it or know how to tweak shit get pissed off. Sure, people think the game should just run fine on their crazy ass fuck'n hardware out of the box, but during huge jumps in technology such things aren't always the case. I can remember when Ultima 7 was just released. It was the first game to require a 386. OMGaz! We've just been fortunate enough to have not worry about such things lately.

I must say tho that the game looks fuck'n awesome on a 8800GTX 768M. I run the game on the highest predetermined settings and then some more sliders moved up (like grass, tree detail, clipping plane way the fuck out) and I get 30-40 FPS outside, 50-60 inside and in certain places all the way down to 20. It's pretty much what I'd expect from a 600 dollar video card.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

threnody wrote:2 gig has been the norm for good game play for years now.
Really?

Is this just a "because I did it, it was the standard" thing again?

I have two systems. One has 1 gig, and the other has 2. Vanguard is the only thing I can't run on the 1 gig machine. Everything else, including Everquest 2, runs fine on the older machine.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Boogahz wrote:
Really?

Well he does have crazy ass fuck'n hardware. What do you expect from a $600 card omg!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Aslanna wrote:
Boogahz wrote:
Really?

Well he does have crazy ass fuck'n hardware. What do you expect from a $600 card omg!
Ah, so the $600.00 card is standard now as well? Gotcha!
threnody
No Stars!

Post by threnody »

Haha, no. I've had 2 gig machines since Diablo 2. You would be amazed how much a little more memory helps. It's a cheap upgrade. More and more games make use of the extra memory to get performance gains.
Midgen
Gets Around
Gets Around
XBL Gamertag: MidgenPlays

Post by Midgen »

You'll need 2G of RAM just to run Vista comfortably.

Might as well get it now while it's cheap(er).
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

I did some video tweaking last night and took a new char to lvl 6 on the pvp server. I like it a lot more now but im having major WoW/EQ2 deja-vu. It's frightening how similar it is to both of them.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
threnody
No Stars!

Post by threnody »

Yea, the first few levels are pretty introductory. They are the standard "Welcome to a fantasy MMO" type hoops to jump through. Things become more vague and you really start getting into a more VG centric feel later. Again, the newbie levels are supposed to be done in about a day's worth of play. After this, you're going to be confronted with if you want to do anything remotely worth while you will need at least three people (threre dot content at any decent rate) or 5-6 for any useful dungeon (4-5 dot content).
Fash wrote:I did some video tweaking last night and took a new char to lvl 6 on the pvp server. I like it a lot more now but im having major WoW/EQ2 deja-vu. It's frightening how similar it is to both of them.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

2 gigs of memory have become a standard, but particularly for those serious about gaming (IE those who actually want good performance and complain if they don't get it).

If you are complaining here with your 1 gig of memory, go get another stick, it's about as simple as that.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Mr Bacon wrote:2 gigs of memory have become a standard, but particularly for those serious about gaming (IE those who actually want good performance and complain if they don't get it).

If you are complaining here with your 1 gig of memory, go get another stick, it's about as simple as that.
My point was that it has not been "the norm for good gameplay for years now."
threnody
No Stars!

Post by threnody »

Unless you're a "Dude, I just bought a Dell" kinda gamer, most people I know have been using 2 gig in most of their gaming machines at a very respectable price point (1k or less). This has been my experience for at least 2 years.

You should really look at your swap performance some day and see how costly (not in $, number of instructions, performance hits, etc) that shit is.
Boogahz wrote:My point was that it has not been "the norm for good gameplay for years now."
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

threnody wrote:Unless you're a "Dude, I just bought a Dell" kinda gamer, most people I know have been using 2 gig in most of their gaming machines at a very respectable price point (1k or less). This has been my experience for at least 2 years.

You should really look at your swap performance some day and see how costly (not in $, number of instructions, performance hits, etc) that shit is.
Boogahz wrote:My point was that it has not been "the norm for good gameplay for years now."
I have 2 gig. I was never arguing that two was not better than one.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

My system is -decent-.. it's 3ghz, 1gb ram, ati x1300... it
You can buy a system similar to yours from Dell for less than $400.

You system isn't anywhere near decent, it's bottom of the barrel.
My wife who is not even a gamer has a PC that could run Vanguard better than your PC.
runs everything fairly well, like, i can run 2 instances of eve online and function with both
Congratulations! That's awesome that you can run 2 instances of a game that was developed 5 years ago on your current piece of shit PC!
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Xanupox
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
PSN ID: TheRealScarr

Post by Xanupox »

Mr Bacon wrote: it will kick ass performance wise, even on shitty computers. You wouldn't believe...
... you're right, I wont believe it. Because it isnt fucking true. This game sucks shit, licks ass and just sucks.
I probably gave you virtual items once upon a time...
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Xanupox wrote:
Mr Bacon wrote: it will kick ass performance wise, even on shitty computers. You wouldn't believe...
... you're right, I wont believe it. Because it isnt fucking true. This game sucks shit, licks ass and just sucks.
Don't you find it difficult to type with so many cocks in your mouth?
Xanupox
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
PSN ID: TheRealScarr

Post by Xanupox »

miir wrote:
Xanupox wrote:
Don't you find it difficult to type with so many cocks in your mouth?
Well, I wasn't gonna be the one to mention that resemblance, but if you want to bring it to that then ya... I agree your wife's clit does resemble that of a huge fucking cock!

I also do admit it gets in the way sometimes when I try to type. The taste of her pussy is less than "tasty' though, so I will just go back to bending her over and using her ass as my keyboard holder while you watch some more from the closet.... mmm k?
I probably gave you virtual items once upon a time...
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

do you read what you type or do you just put nouns, verbs, and adjectives together hoping to make sense?
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Knowing how into scat Xan is now, goes a long way to explain why he's so full of shit.
Ebumar
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ebumar »

I have been running 2 gigs in variable machines for around 2 years now. Both of my current gaming machines run two gigs. Shit, my laptop even has 2 gigs and its a work laptop...
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

i've come down with a very unfortunate side effect of this game....
i've stopped playing it and starting playing wow, which runs great in 1600x1200 with the quality cranked up.
oh yeah, vanguard sucks that is all.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Fash wrote:HOLY SHIT THIS GAME SUCKS!
Fash wrote:I did some video tweaking last night and took a new char to lvl 6 on the pvp server. I like it a lot more now but im having major WoW/EQ2 deja-vu. It's frightening how similar it is to both of them.
Fash wrote:i've come down with a very unfortunate side effect of this game....
i've stopped playing it and starting playing wow, which runs great in 1600x1200 with the quality cranked up.
oh yeah, vanguard sucks that is all.
... Also WoW looks like shit <3
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I hate the UI.

For both wow and vanguard
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

miir wrote:I hate the UI.

There's a difference? :P
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Boogahz wrote:
miir wrote:I hate the UI.

There's a difference? :P
LOL, not a very noticeable one.
threnody
No Stars!

Post by threnody »

What's the difference between the UIs between any of the Eye of the Beholder games, any Wizardry, original Might and Magic series (When still owned by New World), Legends of Arkania, Dungeon Hack, Dungeon Master I & II, Magic Candle I & II, the original Amiga/Dos release of JRR Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings, Vol I and II, or insert shareware RPG title of the era here?

Oh wait, they are all variations of each other with improvements as the designer saw fit.

Claiming these were identical would be to claim that KDE, CDE, xfce where also completely identical products. Or Window Maker and NextOS. To claim WoW's UI was genuinely unique would also be equally as asinine.

The point being it's a common theme throughout UI design to have elements that are similar in design or function to other user interfaces. This isn’t a new phenomenon.
Asshole, Network Operator and Services root, VV/NK IRC Network
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

threnody wrote:What's the difference between the UIs between any of the Eye of the Beholder games, any Wizardry, original Might and Magic series (When still owned by New World), Legends of Arkania, Dungeon Hack, Dungeon Master I & II, Magic Candle I & II, the original Amiga/Dos release of JRR Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings, Vol I and II, or insert shareware RPG title of the era here?

Oh wait, they are all variations of each other with improvements as the designer saw fit.

Claiming these were identical would be to claim that KDE, CDE, xfce where also completely identical products. Or Window Maker and NextOS. To claim WoW's UI was genuinely unique would also be equally as asinine.

The point being it's a common theme throughout UI design to have elements that are similar in design or function to other user interfaces. This isn’t a new phenomenon.
Man you are all angry. I would hate to have to work with someone like you.
Sabek
Just Sabek
threnody
No Stars!

Post by threnody »

Sabek wrote:Man you are all angry. I would hate to have to work with someone like you.
I'll make it up to your tomorrow, sweety. :vv_love:

=)
Asshole, Network Operator and Services root, VV/NK IRC Network