Never. It is Vapor Ware.
19%

Total votes: 54

Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Release date?

Post by Bubba Grizz »

When will this game be released? Seems we have been waiting soooooo long. I hear about major problems with the most basic of things. Personally I have high hopes for this game. Though by the time it is finally released I suspect I'll most likely be burned out.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

March is too soon, but I'd guess it'll be out before August.

But like you, everyone here will be or already is burned out on this type of game by then. VG:SOH will have a new crowd of its own.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Vaporware?
Heh.

I don't get hyped about MMOGs until I can play something that's close to a finished product.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

They still have a lot of work to do filling out the giant world they made. The new continent is mostly desert (insert "too much brown" comments here), but there is a much better quest line from the noob areas, and the interface itself is improved as well.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

march
miir and I are best friends. <3
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

There wasn't a "Don't Care" option so I think I picked the 2008 one.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

The entire genre is burnt out. A game needs to come along and shake things up a bit. I'm ready for more Sci-Fi oriented MMORPG, or even a horror/survival based version. How about post-apocolypse?

Seriously, anything but another fantasy.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fairweather Pure wrote: Seriously, anything but another fantasy.
Yeah, I'm fantasied out.

I'd like to see a "Gamma World" environment. I was a big fan of Wasteland (came out on the C-64 in the 80s) which was a post apocalyptic world with mutated monsters and a mix of current day weapons you could salvage and some magic. And what other game would give you the option to be a Mexican?

The graphics were refreshingly different than your usual fantasy setting:

Morgrym
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Morgrym »

Will probably flop worse than the Matrix Online but...

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6143410.html
Chachi (Whisperwind) <retired>

FKA Morgrym / Skrunch (Veeshan) <retired>
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

I'm wondering why noone has attempted a western MMO.

Just about everything I can think of that MMO's are trying to incorporate fits very well into a Wild West type environment.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Fairweather Pure wrote:The entire genre is burnt out. A game needs to come along and shake things up a bit. I'm ready for more Sci-Fi oriented MMORPG, or even a horror/survival based version. How about post-apocolypse?

Seriously, anything but another fantasy.

There's been plenty of non-fantasy MMOGs.
Some good, some bad.

RF Online - Sci Fi korean grind-fest (bad)
SWG - (crap)
Matrix Online - Guns and martial arts (pretty good)
Anarchy Online - Sci Fi (loved it)
Eve Online - Space/Sci fi (fantastic but with a vertical leraning curve)
Auto Assault - Vehicular post-apocalypse (has potential, lacks playerbase)
City of Heroes/Villains - Superheroes (bloody good fun)

All of these games shook up the genre but the fickle mush heads on VV only seem to like the fantasy based games. I think I'm one of the few people here who has even given those other MMOGs a try.

Would have been cool of the Warhammer MMOG was set in 40k instead. As it stands now, it's just gonna be some shitty WoW lookalike.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

The only thing good about EvE is that someone finally made "UO in space," which means "EQ in space" is just around the corner! :razz:
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I don't know what you could do in a western mmo though. Rustle some cattle, rob a bank, create a posse instead of a group? Not enough stuff to actually do unless you throw them into a medieval setting or a sci-fi setting.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Starcraft mmo.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Bubba Grizz wrote:I don't know what you could do in a western mmo though. Rustle some cattle, rob a bank, create a posse instead of a group?
Think sheep!
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

I would love to see an MMO designed like a Medieval Total War/Shadowbane that works. Each player controls a small portion of land in a world, and has to wage war against other players to increase their land. While they do this, they run quests and build onto their cities, all the while holding it against monsters and other players. Don't know how feasible it is in todays technological market, but I think that would be a lot of fun.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

Firefly Online
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Hmmm, I never got a beta invite but "Sony Online Entertainment and Sigil Games Online" made sure to let me know I could buy the preorder.

Is this still a game that would have been good if it was released in 1998?
The pre-order box includes the following:

• Early access to the game! Log on and get a jump start up to three days prior to the official launch!
A special account key that will grant you a unique exclusive in-game scroll, allowing your character to sprint for longer periods of time due to an endurance buff (one per account).
• An invitation to the Vanguard: Saga of Heroes beta (for eligible participants).
• Guild Mail – a fun recruitment tool to help you build your guild before launch!
• A king’s ransom of assets, including videos, wallpapers and screenshots
Offering faster travel enhancements seems to be a big pre-order thing. Does Vanguard have Luclin-like travel distances or are there teleport stones?

The "king's ransom of assets, including videos, wallpapers and screenshots" does sound tempting though!
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

No ports afaik, that's why horses, boats, and flying mounts are such a big deal.
Xanupox
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
PSN ID: TheRealScarr

Post by Xanupox »

This game is a joke.

Played it for awhile in beta, it sucked beyond repair. Microsoft dumped the game for the same reasons I saw, Sony scooped it up so it will never see the light of day to compete with EQ2.

Forget about this one. If you want something to get you off your WoW addiction and love PvP, then maybe Warhammer Online by Mythic (guys who made Dark Age of Camelot). That though is gonna be another year or more as well, so enjoy paying for gold, keep china in business with WoW and light up the burning crusades, because nothning else is even on the horizon.
I probably gave you virtual items once upon a time...
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

Siji wrote:Firefly Online
Let it be known I said this in October! Coincidence? I think not.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Morgrym wrote:Will probably flop worse than the Matrix Online but...

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6143410.html
Hehehe.. Cheyene Mountain Entertainment... They formed June 2005 (presumably to pitch this game) hence have produced nothing at all thus far and manage to put this as the opening paragraph on their web site under Company:
Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment, Inc. is rapidly becoming a leading developer of interactive entertainment software products. Headquartered near Phoenix, Arizona, Cheyenne is dedicated to the creation of cutting edge, unique entertainment software games. Cheyenne is founded on the principle of creating highly recognizable brands with high quality technology, distinctive artwork, and rich game play.
Oh yeah, that game is going to sink without trace well before Beta.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Xanupox wrote:This game is a joke.

Played it for awhile in beta, it sucked beyond repair. Microsoft dumped the game for the same reasons I saw, Sony scooped it up so it will never see the light of day to compete with EQ2.
When's the last time you played? I hate when idiots start ranting about a game that changes significantly every week when they probably haven't logged on in months.
Xanupox wrote:Forget about this one. If you want something to get you off your WoW addiction and love PvP, then maybe Warhammer Online by Mythic (guys who made Dark Age of Camelot). That though is gonna be another year or more as well, so enjoy paying for gold, keep china in business with WoW and light up the burning crusades, because nothning else is even on the horizon.
and then you recommend the guys who made DAoC. Wow. Seriously?

P.S. Don't bother responding with your "oh i totally logged on a week ago" when you barely stayed on more than 30 seconds.
Xanupox
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Xanupox »

The last time I "played" the shitware called V:SOH, it was about 2 months ago. It really doesnt matter how much has changed since then. The core of the game sucks ass and that will never change.

I played all my character slots full, till I could no longer create anymore characters without deleting... that was enough for me to get a grasp on the piece of shit that is V:SOH.

I leveled several chars, and races up to level 8-12 each, this game brings nothing new to the MMORPG market.

The graphics are a mix between Horizons/EQ2, the world is worse than Horizons, the entire UI needs to be deleted and remade since they copied it straight from WoW... however the problem is V:SOH is more indepth than WoW, so the simplistic UI dont work... period. You are stuck with too much bar swapping, scrolling, opening and closing other windows to get what you need for basic play.

No game has yet figured out that ammo sucks for ranged classed, yet they still feel the need to force you to carry hundreds of shots/arrows around. How about a fucking basic load that you can always fire, instead of running out of arrows at the most inopportune time that forces you to head back to town and resupply on your basic ability to fight.

So, in order to play this game, most of the people will have to reduce the graphics to levels that make the game look worse than WoW, nothing is interactive in the game, the quests are all go fetch or go kill XXX and then go see someone else after you do it... leaving you with a path of uncertainty on where to even go since no one will explore the game, since its so boring, no one will know where the NPCs are at.

Oh I loved the one quest where I was told to find a shopkeeper and buy a part off of them. The house the shopkeeper was in was about 10 rooms big, and the fucker was on the 2nd floor outside on his balcony. Roaming or hiding NPCs that you have to interact with us awesome.... not.

I could list and list the shitty things with this game and I find it impossible to even come up with a single innovative or cool ideal they have implemented that hasnt already been ran into the ground.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

The last time I "played" the shitware called V:SOH, it was about 2 months ago.
I stopped reading here. Regardless of what you tell yourself, you don't have even the slightest clue about the state of the game.
threnody
No Stars!

Post by threnody »

Hello fine sir.

Over the past two months some very large changes have taken place in the game. Thestra has been revamped, several class revamps have come and gone, the combat system has evolved, and most recently Beta 4 has begun, signifying that all races are playable and every starting area is in the game. Which, of course, infers that all three continents are now at least partially live. Most of these changes, if not all, have drastically changed a lot of how the game feels and plays. Recent client optimizations and tweaks have made the game so it’s much more playable than ever before on a wide array of different hardware configurations.

Going through your post where you make a case on why your statements should be credible, I noticed that you mentioned that you have played several races and characters to the amazing level of “8-12”. Typically, players should reach the “8-10” mark in their first night of play. It would be my estimation that it would be rather difficult to get the feel for the entire game based on content that is meant to be consumed in a rather short period of time. It also would be rather absurd to suggest that game play remains consistent as you progress through levels. One through fifteen plays different than say fifteen through twenty-five. Twenty-five through thirty-five plays substantially different than the levels prior.

As the game progresses, so do the complexity if your skills, the situations you are given and, most importantly, the complexity of dungeon crawls grows at least linearly if not something a little bit more exponential. If the pinnacle of your experience in beta was “The Hive”, then I would certainly hoped you walked away disappointed. Later dungeons are simply massive in scope, size, difficulty, named mob variety, gear rewards and most importantly fun factor. The levels you experienced were purely introductory and you certainly have not experienced any of the free form quest content (given very loose objectives where you actually have to observe and figure out how to complete the next step) or any of the other content that makes this game engaging. There are dungeons out there where you can literally spend hours of crawling just to get to the bottom level and then spend another few hours exploring the deepest depths, fighting the nastiest monsters and getting the best loot the dungeon has to offer.

In regards to system performance, they have made several great strides in this arena. With some minor effort in knowing what to tweak you can make the game run very well on reasonable hardware. If of course you have a video card that wasn’t made in the past two years or you’re trying to get away with the lowest rung on the hardware ladder (E-machine anyone?), you should do yourself and the economy a favor and go spend some money.

I often find people’s comments about the world not being interesting amusing, but the comparison to Horizons has to be one of the most absurd statements I’ve ever seen made on the topic. A simple case in point, there is a grand total of 0 maggot farms in VG. While this simple fact alone should be enough to dissuade such thoughts, I will choose to elaborate. First, I would suggest setting your clipping plane to something a little bit larger 5 yards in front of your face. Now, find somewhere with some elevation. A hill, a mountainside, anything really will do. Now, do a 360 degree spin and pick anything on the horizon that looks remotely interesting. That massive castle? You can go there. That odd collection of trees? You can go there. The temple with smoke rising from its walls? You can go there. Exploration of the world is a simple matter of curiosity and the self-motivation to go find out what’s there. Now, once you get to your destination and have explored it to your heart’s desire, repeat the process. You can explore the world for hours, travel from continent to continent and watch the world change around you. The trees, the plants, the types of monsters you will have to face, the people you talk to will all change. Unfortunately, most people really only see one area and don’t venture out and explore as either they weren’t in beta early enough to see the areas before the revamps hit or they can’t figure out how to avoid certain death.

As testers have provided more and more feedback regarding the world, Sigil has fine-tuned their craft. The world is shaping up nicely and becoming a stand-alone entity. You can walk through a monastery and see priests leading in prayer. You can watch the captain of the guard instruct his troops on various sword techniques. You can watch citizens of the various towns walk by each other and interact. You can watch the bar tender tend his bar. All of these things simply lead to a more immersive environment.

There have been some complaints about the UI and I feel it’s more a matter of opinion. People cry foul at anything that remotely looks like WoW. Some things, simply put, work. A UI, in my opinion, should be simple and not take up my screen. I play to see the game, not buttons and widgets and other useless tidbits. The UI itself has changed over the past two months, but largely remains the same. If you would like the UI to look or act differently, I would suggest you whip out your favorite text editor and start writing some XML. As to the issue about having too many buttons for your UI, you only made it to “8-12”, you can’t possibly have that many skills or your putting skills on your hot bar that are reactionary that the game presents you with when needed/applicable anyway. Get to level 20 or 30 and then start complaining about having to manage your buttons. Your sentiment would be more believable then.

Beta 4 is being largely received very well and for a good reason. It’s a good game. The new starting areas are phenomenal and the quest series are more engaging. Like I said, Sigil is really starting to find their groove. The content is interesting and engaging. Kojan is amazingly well put together. The Thestra revamps have been complete overhauls of numerous areas and have been drastically for the better. The next few months are going to be very interesting as a deluge of higher level content comes out for play. Perhaps people will get over their hopes that a video game will help them find religion and make it out of the newbie levels to really get to sink their teeth into some amazing content.

With all of the above said, VG certainly will not be for everyone and it will certain be discouraging for people to have to manage multiple sets of gear, possibly even CR gear depending on your choices. Combat can be incredibly deadly in the dungeons and a missed counter spell can lead to a total party wipe, forcing you to make a call between an even stiffer death penalty or a potentially very dangerous corpse recovery. If people aren’t interested in finding out something for themselves versus having content fed to them on a silver platter (ala WoW), they are going to have a difficult time once their cherry has been popped and the leave the safety of the newbie areas. It is certain that a ‘casual’ and ‘hardcore’ gamer can play this game as far as a time commitment, but the casual gamer won’t find a home here unless they are willing to actually get off their ass and do something themselves.

Xanupox wrote:The last time I "played" the shitware called V:SOH, it was about 2 months ago. It really doesnt matter how much has changed since then. The core of the game sucks ass and that will never change.

I played all my character slots full, till I could no longer create anymore characters without deleting... that was enough for me to get a grasp on the piece of shit that is V:SOH.

I leveled several chars, and races up to level 8-12 each, this game brings nothing new to the MMORPG market.

The graphics are a mix between Horizons/EQ2, the world is worse than Horizons, the entire UI needs to be deleted and remade since they copied it straight from WoW... however the problem is V:SOH is more indepth than WoW, so the simplistic UI dont work... period. You are stuck with too much bar swapping, scrolling, opening and closing other windows to get what you need for basic play.

No game has yet figured out that ammo sucks for ranged classed, yet they still feel the need to force you to carry hundreds of shots/arrows around. How about a fucking basic load that you can always fire, instead of running out of arrows at the most inopportune time that forces you to head back to town and resupply on your basic ability to fight.

So, in order to play this game, most of the people will have to reduce the graphics to levels that make the game look worse than WoW, nothing is interactive in the game, the quests are all go fetch or go kill XXX and then go see someone else after you do it... leaving you with a path of uncertainty on where to even go since no one will explore the game, since its so boring, no one will know where the NPCs are at.

Oh I loved the one quest where I was told to find a shopkeeper and buy a part off of them. The house the shopkeeper was in was about 10 rooms big, and the fucker was on the 2nd floor outside on his balcony. Roaming or hiding NPCs that you have to interact with us awesome.... not.

I could list and list the shitty things with this game and I find it impossible to even come up with a single innovative or cool ideal they have implemented that hasnt already been ran into the ground.
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Heh people actually take anything Xanu says seriously?
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

It probably reminds Xan too much of EQ and his numerous failures and almost constant ridicule.
threnody
No Stars!

Post by threnody »

His post wasn't really worth a reply, however, there are many uninformed voices out there like Xanu. I opted to use the situation as a chance to be informative. It really wasn't for Xanu's benefit, as he's clearly not interested in reason.

Bitching about ammo? For christ sakes. Let me set my DM flags here real quick for infinite ammo...
Kelshara wrote:Heh people actually take anything Xanu says seriously?
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

I thought he had a point about the ammo. Archery needs to do something special in a game if they are going to require you to keep slogging back to town for arrows and wasting your inventory space. In VG (and basically every other mmog), archery isn't anything other than just dps balanced with every other class, only its a hassle to manage it. Why can't games just assume that you have arrows with your bow? It's already unrealistic enough that someone is carrying around 1200 arrows, so that isn't an argument at all.

DaoC when it first came out handled archery quite well. The increase in power was countered by maintaining your inventory so you could shoot arrows. Then everyone whined and archery became shitty but you still had to buy arrows. It was a drag and everyone stopped playing rangers.
Morgrym
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Morgrym »

In LoTRO, There is no Ammo. All the damage is bow, skill, and shot selected based. Auto fires in between player selected special shots and you can even fire special shots at PBR. The "special shots" are for the Hunter class only and no that is no where near the same as in WoW.
Last edited by Morgrym on December 19, 2006, 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chachi (Whisperwind) <retired>

FKA Morgrym / Skrunch (Veeshan) <retired>
threnody
No Stars!

Post by threnody »

Of all the things to possibly bitch about, ammo should probably be that least of your concerns. "Realism" is hardly an argument, given the context of the discussion. In VG, archery really wasn't even a viable method of dps until very recently (Probably still is not, your chains as a ranger are all melee and your melee damage does not suck). The shots mostly provided utility, opener burst DPS or situational damage. In regards to inventory space, buy a quiver. Quivers don't take an inventory slot. They go in your normal ammo slot and are used just like another bag, but specialized for ammo.

The benefit of having arrows is that you can further customize or min/max what it is you want to do with your bow. Longer distance? More damage? All your choice. Regarding the semantics of why you have to carry arrows in the first place, I honestly could care less. You're going to have to buy/set lots of things in town or an outpost when you are there and arrows are just one of them. Of course, if arrow making is working for foraged materials (I haven’t bothered to even check), you can make your own.
kyoukan wrote:I thought he had a point about the ammo. Archery needs to do something special in a game if they are going to require you to keep slogging back to town for arrows and wasting your inventory space. In VG (and basically every other mmog), archery isn't anything other than just dps balanced with every other class, only its a hassle to manage it. Why can't games just assume that you have arrows with your bow? It's already unrealistic enough that someone is carrying around 1200 arrows, so that isn't an argument at all.

DaoC when it first came out handled archery quite well. The increase in power was countered by maintaining your inventory so you could shoot arrows. Then everyone whined and archery became shitty but you still had to buy arrows. It was a drag and everyone stopped playing rangers.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

There should be a Recover mode to get your arrows back. A percentage of the arrows are broke or unrecoverable. Considering how many times you hit a mob with your arrows though you should get some back. Hell, this worked back in Text Muds I don't see why it can't work here.
threnody
No Stars!

Post by threnody »

This would make sense. It'd just tie into the harvesting system.
Bubba Grizz wrote:There should be a Recover mode to get your arrows back. A percentage of the arrows are broke or unrecoverable. Considering how many times you hit a mob with your arrows though you should get some back. Hell, this worked back in Text Muds I don't see why it can't work here.
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by vn_Tanc »

Or just have big stacks of the raw materials (shafts, heads, fletch) that take up 1 inv slot each for a stack of 200. Then make arrows during the same downtime the casters have for medding.
A man with a fork
In a world of soup
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

vn_Tanc wrote:Or just have big stacks of the raw materials (shafts, heads, fletch) that take up 1 inv slot each for a stack of 200. Then make arrows during the same downtime the casters have for medding.
Just reading about that doesn't sound fun. I don't know how that would enhance your game experience at all.

A possible solution would be to have servants in the game. Hire some lackey NPC to sit there and make arrows for you. Perhaps the lag from doubling the screen population and lagging the shit out of the game for the sole reason of arrow making would demonstrate to the Vanguard developers how retarted it is to require stacks of arrows in an MMORPG.

There are other ways to create time sinks than "medding" (woo hoo) and arrow making.

Make players reboot the game every half hour and reinstall the entire game every 10 hours. That will slow down raids, leveling, and keep customers paying that monthly fee for longer. You could always charge a premium fee to extend these time limits.
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by vn_Tanc »

I'm talking about using pre-existing downtime not creating more, nob-end!

Fuck, if you want lackeys just have a arrow donkey like Dungeon Siege.

Or just make archery more realistic - useless under 20 yards, one arrow every 20 seconds at best. Or just go the Hawk the Slayer route and make it all super magical.

Rangers are all gay anyway.
A man with a fork
In a world of soup
threnody
No Stars!

Post by threnody »

I personally will be offshoring all of my bitch work to some highly educated individual for 2.50 or less an hour. Grats on your doctorate in physics, now make arrows, bitch.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

vn_Tanc wrote:Or just have big stacks of the raw materials (shafts, heads, fletch) that take up 1 inv slot each for a stack of 200. Then make arrows during the same downtime the casters have for medding.
big stacks of heads and shafts would get you to buy the game, would it?
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

kyoukan wrote:
:rofl:
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by vn_Tanc »

kyoukan wrote:
Don't forget the Felching. FLETCHING! God. . .
A man with a fork
In a world of soup
Xanupox
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Xanupox »

I think the bottom factor with V:SOH is that its just another Fantasy MMO, there are already 7-8 out there just as good in many ways, Vangard brings nothing new... but just rehashes the already minced up horse.

What we all need is a good, MMOFPS/ACTION RPG.

Planetside + WoW + Something we have yet to discover.

Modern Graphics Engines, Physics, Fully Destructible Terrain, Massive Multiplayer Combat, Leveling System, Leave SONY out of it... it would be a winner!
threnody
No Stars!

Post by threnody »

I think you need to get in touch with your feelings and figure out what it is you're really feeling versus this wishy washy changing of reasons to hate something. What's lacking in your life? Why are you so angry? I think you need some quiet time and a good dose of self-reflection. Or maybe you just need a hug?
Xanupox wrote:I think the bottom factor with V:SOH is that its just another Fantasy MMO, there are already 7-8 out there just as good in many ways, Vangard brings nothing new... but just rehashes the already minced up horse.

Modern Graphics Engines, Physics, Fully Destructible Terrain, Massive Multiplayer Combat, Leveling System, Leave SONY out of it... it would be a winner!
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

And maybe you need to stop trying to confuse me by putting your quotes at the bottom of your posts.
threnody wrote:I think you need to get in touch with your feelings and figure out what it is you're really feeling versus this wishy washy changing of reasons to hate something. What's lacking in your life? Why are you so angry? I think you need some quiet time and a good dose of self-reflection. Or maybe you just need a hug?
Xanupox wrote:I think the bottom factor with V:SOH is that its just another Fantasy MMO, there are already 7-8 out there just as good in many ways, Vangard brings nothing new... but just rehashes the already minced up horse.

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Damn top posters! I blame Outlook.
Leonaerd wrote:And maybe you need to stop trying to confuse me by putting your quotes at the bottom of your posts.
threnody wrote:I think you need to get in touch with your feelings and figure out what it is you're really feeling versus this wishy washy changing of reasons to hate something. What's lacking in your life? Why are you so angry? I think you need some quiet time and a good dose of self-reflection. Or maybe you just need a hug?

--
threnody
No Stars!

Post by threnody »

Outlook? Outlook my ass. I've used either UCB mail or Pine since 94. I still do.

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Then you have no excuse for top posting!

--
threnody
No Stars!

Post by threnody »

"top posting" was the way to do things until people bastardized it. It's more efficient to put what you're saying at the top as people probably are already following the thread. If people are not, they can always look under your comments for context. =P
Aslanna wrote:Then you have no excuse for top posting!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Top posting makes more sense if you have to open and read single messages (emails) but who cares if you're top posting on a continuous 50-post per page thread where you're going to have to keep scrolling down each message anyway.

The more efficient the quoting the better, and if not overused, multiple quote breakdowns addressing individual sections, but those can get annoying.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I agree.
Winnow wrote:Top posting makes more sense if you have to open and read single messages (emails) but who cares if you're top posting on a continuous 50-post per page thread where you're going to have to keep scrolling down each message anyway.

The more efficient the quoting the better, and if not overused, multiple quote breakdowns addressing individual sections, but those can get annoying.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

threnody wrote:"top posting" was the way to do things until people bastardized it. It's more efficient to put what you're saying at the top as people probably are already following the thread. If people are not, they can always look under your comments for context. =P
Aslanna wrote:Then you have no excuse for top posting!
It might make sense if the responses are all to the post directly above your own, but they are not as "efficient" when the person has to finish your post to figure out which prior post you were responding to.