+5 Potential Visually Stunning Points -- New Screenshots

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

8 months have passed since these have been posted and the screenshots still look like shit and this thread still makes me el oh el.

Please tell me they've made improvements.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Nm, I just looked at the offical site. It still looks exactely like EQ2.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Is this forum still here?!

BTW, where do I apply to have a forum devoted to the Honda motorcycle that will replace the Blackbird and finally put Mr. Honda back on the top of the hyper-sports motorcycle market?

I can post artists renderings all day of how such a bike might look, and vivid descriptions of just how hard my cock will be upon taking delivery of such marvellous machinery.

You will just have to assume that all your women folk have fallen panting into the arms of heroic Honda riders from the pure sexual heat that such a thing radiates, since we are far too manly to kiss and tell.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

I hate this forum. Most of you guys are worse than the skeptical faggots at fohguild.
Fairweather Pure wrote:Nm, I just looked at the offical site. It still looks exactely like EQ2.
Screenshots don't do it justice. Besides, EQ2 graphics aren't really that bad at all. Last I checked, 6 (5?) million people play WoW because they enjoy the game, not because of graphics. Let's not get into that conversation now though.
Zaelath wrote:Is this forum still here?!
Yeah.. Xouqua wants it to stay because he's interested in the game (that was his last comment here.. may have been lost in the great forum rollback of '06).

Personally I don't give a shit if this forum stays or goes. Talking with most you that browse this section is like watching a bunch of retards try to fuck a doorknob.
miir and I are best friends. <3
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Mr Bacon wrote:I hate this forum.
you asked for it.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Spang wrote:
Mr Bacon wrote:I hate this forum.
you asked for it.
I didn't ask for everyone to come in and talk shit all day. That's why I suggested it be deleted or archived.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Mr Bacon wrote:Screenshots don't do it justice. Besides, EQ2 graphics aren't really that bad at all. Last I checked, 6 (5?) million people play WoW because they enjoy the game, not because of graphics. Let's not get into that conversation now though.
I'd agree with you except for the fact that this thread is titled +5 Potential Visually Stunning Points -- New Screenshots
Last edited by Aslanna on July 20, 2006, 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Most of you guys are worse than the skeptical faggots at fohguild.
No one is worse than the dregs that frequent the foh site. Check yoself!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Should we rename this game Vanukem or is it on schedule to release last generation graphics within the next year or so?
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Mr Bacon wrote:Screenshots don't do it justice.
Yeah, you really need that 5 frames per second performance (on a PC that can run oblivion at 40 fps) and terrible player models to truly appreciate what a fucking turd this game is. Not to mention the 14 gig footprint on my hard drive. Doesn't these retards know what optimize means?
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

kyoukan wrote:Doesn't these retards know what optimize means?
That is some leet engrish there.

Do the models still have that weirdness around the joints? Especially the neck/shoulder intersection...
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Spankes
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Spankes »

The game is in Beta, right? And is about a year from release? How optimized should a game in beta be?
EQ - Spankes - Retired
Wow - Randulph
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

I originally wrong "Doesn't Sigil realize.." but I changed it and forgot to change the rest!

The models are terrible, and every race shares the exact same body model no matter what they are. Originally beta testers were told they were placeholders, now apparently it's been changed to all the same. It looks -really- bad.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Spankes wrote:The game is in Beta, right? And is about a year from release? How optimized should a game in beta be?
It doesn't have to be fully optimized, but it should be decently playable. The entire point of having a beta is to create buzz for the product, NDA or not. Unfortunately for Sigil it is backfiring for them.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

kyoukan wrote:The entire point of having a beta is to create buzz for the product, NDA or not.
Wait.. that's a joke right?

I'll admit there's a hype factor but it's not the intent of a beta test. You've proved it, you really are retarded.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

at the stage they started the beta, what do you think the point is? do you think they need 20,000 people to tell them their game runs like a piece of shit? beta's all the way up into the final weeks where they stress test their server hardware and net code is nothing but marketing. fuck, they even have contests to get into mmorpg betas.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

kyoukan wrote:at the stage they started the beta, what do you think the point is?
To... beta test?
kyoukan wrote:do you think they need 20,000 people to tell them their game runs like a piece of shit?
Do you honestly think there's 20,000 people with beta access? There's approx. 1/10th of that number, maybe a tad more, and hon, the game runs a hell of a lot better than you think it does.
kyoukan wrote:beta's all the way up into the final weeks where they stress test their server hardware and net code is nothing but marketing.
Uh, not quite sure what this comment is about. Yes, the last phase of beta where they stress test and market is in fact part of the beta. Thanks for clarifying?
kyoukan wrote:fuck,they even have contests to get into mmorpg betas.
Shame on them! Shame on them for allowing people to get excited about the game! What an abomination it is to allow a game in development to be put on a magazine cover.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

kyoukan wrote:It doesn't have to be fully optimized, but it should be decently playable. The entire point of having a beta is to create buzz for the product, NDA or not. Unfortunately for Sigil it is backfiring for them.
:lol:

:oops:

:shock:

:o

:lol:
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

haha yes it's all very funny and I don't know what I am talking about. because all games get extensive public beta tests, and its all for the purpose testing, because these companies don't know how to test interally. how silly of me!
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Not that I have any interest in buying it any longer.. but I do have to point out that contrary to what was said above, the frame rate has gotten a lot better than it was when I first started the beta. I log on every 3 weeks or so just to see if my beta account has been cancelled yet and whether anything looks different. Used to take me 30 seconds to turn a full circle the framerate was so crappy (on a machine I ran 4 instances of WinEQ on at a time). Now it's not that bad unless you're in one of the towns.

I'm sure it'll do ok when released, if by nothing else than hype alone.. but I don't see it being anything more than EQ2 is now.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

It seems to me that the graphics would improve in 8 months time, even a little, that's my point. I certianly hope this game is still in beta because it looks like it's still in beta.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

God I hate your avatar at the moment, Fair. It's freaking hypnotic!
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

I still say he stole it from my CD board avatar!

which I stole from Fardo
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Fairweather Pure wrote:It seems to me that the graphics would improve in 8 months time, even a little, that's my point. I certianly hope this game is still in beta because it looks like it's still in beta.
Of course it's still in beta :) It will be in beta probably until January, maybe February, depending on when they release it. I love how this game is getting so much criticism when it's not even in it's third phase yet.

It's important to know that cosmetics come after gameplay in their schedule - which is fine with me. Players aren't going to stick around with a game that plays horribly regardless of how beautiful it is. They are also adding an EMFX engine (or something like that) which will make animations more fluid (if you've played you'll know what I'm talking about).

Lastly, the game doesn't even have AF, AA, and other features that actually make models look good enabled. I'm sure the models will be fine and 'pretty' over the next few months. If they attack it like they did their UI, they will be great.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Mr Bacon wrote:I love how this game is getting so much criticism when it's not even in it's third phase yet.
Probably because there's other "like" games to compare it to, where there wasn't for EverQuest (unless you count UO). And probably because expectations are unrealistically high due to the team making it.
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

I wish I knew what it all meant. :(
Sabek
Just Sabek
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Siji wrote:And probably because expectations are unrealistically high due to the team making it.
Haha! Not exactly... Quite the opposite from my point of view.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

I'll be laughed at now.. but I don't think it looks that bad!
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Kelshara wrote:I'll be laughed at now.. but I don't think it looks that bad!
That's what people say about their Geo.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Zaelath wrote:
Kelshara wrote:I'll be laughed at now.. but I don't think it looks that bad!
That's what people say about their Geo.
or their kids