2008 XTerra

Cars, Autos, Horseless Carriage, Wheeled Buggy -- whatever you want to call them. Talk about them here!
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

2008 XTerra

Post by Aabidano »

We bought a 2008 XTerra in Dec, so far I'm extremely happy with it. No complaints about the vehicle itself at all. Rides nice, handles well around town and gets good enough mileage, 19-24 around town. Seats 4 nicely, 5 is a little cramped, someone 6'4" fits in the backseat reasonably well though it wouldn't be comfortable for a long trip. Plenty of non-exposed storage, lots of little compartments to stick various stuff and not have it rolling around. The milk jug sized one with a cargo net on it in the back is especially nice. The other mid sized SUVs we looked at all seemed like overpriced minivans designed for people who don't want to be seen driving a minivan. Edit - I needed something built on a truck-like chassis with a 3500+ lb towing capacity

Took a 500 mile camping trip in it last week, my only concern with it was how well it would tow our camper. It did very well, aside from a little tongue wag, normal for towing anything heavy with a short vehicle. Not enough to make me want to get a stabilizer. 19-22 mpg towing a 2000lb trailer at 65-70 is pretty good, about what we got with it's predecessor, a full size Dodge quad cab.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."