new car - mitsu 08 lancer GTS CVT

Cars, Autos, Horseless Carriage, Wheeled Buggy -- whatever you want to call them. Talk about them here!
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

new car - mitsu 08 lancer GTS CVT

Post by cadalano »

http://cadalano.com/car/

nothing too special, but ive always loved lancers so I'm happy as hell to own one.

Mitsu made some major exterior overhauls especially on the snout.. I love the new look of it except possibly for the tail lights which seem a bit out of place to me.

The interior on all new mitsubishis got a much needed facelift.. its still quite bland but its leaps and bounds beyond most of their designs from previous years. It only has a Speedometer and Tachometer, with everything else being displayed on an LCD screen between the two... along with stuff you dont normally find, like average MPH, MPG, miles left in your fuel tank, time remaining till your next servicing, etc. I also like the new wheel designs that are optional on all new Mitsubishis (stereo controls on the wheel.. Mmmm)

I was originally not happy about giving in to the practicality of an automatic transmission, but after reading about CVT's I was sold. From what I read, if using the same engine, its physically impossible for a manual tranny to accelerate faster than a CVT even under the best conditions. Its very interesting to drive because the engine hits a high RPM very quickly to its maximum output and only fluxuates slightly as it gradually shifts up, with absolutely no jerking at all... incredibly smooth ride.

On top of that, the CVT is very fuel efficient.. I'm getting between 28 and 34 MPG on my hour long trips to work every day and thats a big improvement over the 6cyl Mustang I was driving.

The car optionally comes with a "navigation and technology" package that puts a 7 inch screen in place of the stereo for GPS and stereo controls, behind which is CD player etc. Also has a 30gb hard drive in it that can rip music off CD's to play later and the bluetooth keyless system to open doors and start the car. I tried it at the dealer but practicality won again and I decided 2 grand wasnt worth all that fancy garbage

I did end up getting the "sun and sound" package though just because they didnt have any GTS's without it. Its basically a sunroof and a 6.1 stereo... I can't say a much about the quality of the stereo that they gave me but it sounds fantastic. I spend 2 hours listening to the radio on my daily commuting so its definitely working out. It also has an aux input for my ipod and a built-in sirius receiver along with 6 months free service.. I'm trying it now and I think i'm gonna have to sign up.. channel 74 Blues!

The GTS also comes with some other shit standard... Handsfree Bluetooth for phone (which I havent played around with yet). Paddle-shifters for the CVT which emulates a manual 6-speed... just for kicks until Florida grows some hills or it starts snowing. Cruise-control which I never use.. automatic climate control, the aforementioned stereo controls on the steering wheel. ABS and 7 airbags... So all that is not too bad considering its under 20k

Now... the engine is a pussy, to be sure. Only about 150 horses and torque in a wee 4 cylinder, but like I said before the CVT does help to get the most out of that old shop-vac. I am the type of person that would blow the extra 10-15 grand to get the 300ish hp charged Evo whenever it comes out and use all that performance to do grocery runs or whatever the fuck, so its definitely for the best... but my nuts are indeed unhappy with me.

all in all, the drawbacks of this car mostly lie in the severe lack of bite even though it looks tough, but thats just fine with me.
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

I really dig the exterior styling, but I don't like the interior. Looks kinda cheap plasticy.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

What's the deal with the spoiler? You're really going to need that downforce or what?

I tend to like the mitsu exterior styling - when you cut away all the bullshit plastic add-ons.

Congrats on it.
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

it makes the car go faster
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Add some red Type-R stickers and you'll be unstoppable!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

it would still look better as a hatch!
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Congrats on the purchase. I usually stay away from first year remodels but when it's time to get a new car, it's time.

In all honesty, the spoiler actually looks pretty decent on that car. A few cars, don't even look good w/out them, the Mazda 6 comes to mind. I have to agree that the interior isn't my style, but who cares, I haven't been 23 in 14 years, my reqs are vastly different now then they were then. And I didn't have a new car until I was 27 (which I still drive) so you beat me out by a few years.
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

Congrats, I really like the new stylin'
Zver
Gets Around
Gets Around

Re: new car - mitsu 08 lancer GTS CVT

Post by Zver »

grats on your new ride!

just ordered a new 335i and can't wait for it anymore :(