Sony Launching Free* EQ2

Post by Soreali »

Timmah.

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Sony Launching Free* EQ2

Post by Aslanna »

Apparently they forgot they even have EverQuest still running. It wouldn't hurt to try and get people back playing that.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

Doubt they will ever be able to do that.

I made the switch to eq2 just over a year ago... and cant get myself to go back to eq. eq2 is faster paced and actually gives every class something to do (ie button mashing) so two-boxing is not an efective way to play. I would spend weeks two boxing in eq and never play with another person, kind of ruins the whole multiplayer aspect. Yet eq2 has plenty of solo content should i wish to not look for others to play with (like i only have an hour to kill etc.) without the added difficulty of loading up multiple accounts.

Then of course there is the graphics.
Sick Balls!
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

I really enjoyed 3 and 4-boxing on EQ2. It takes some doing, and going through quests can be a pain, but it sure beats grouping up with chuckleheads! :D

Also, towards the end of my playing days in EQ2, I simply did not have the time for extended grouping.
en kærlighed småkager
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Noysyrump wrote:Doubt they will ever be able to do that.

I made the switch to eq2 just over a year ago... and cant get myself to go back to eq. eq2 is faster paced and actually gives every class something to do (ie button mashing) so two-boxing is not an efective way to play. I would spend weeks two boxing in eq and never play with another person, kind of ruins the whole multiplayer aspect. Yet eq2 has plenty of solo content should i wish to not look for others to play with (like i only have an hour to kill etc.) without the added difficulty of loading up multiple accounts.

Then of course there is the graphics.
Personally I don't care about the graphics but I guess some people do. I still think old models are the best!

Anyway I'm sure lowering the monthly subscription rate would be a good way to get some people playing.Really i think SOE just wants people to stop playing EQ so they don't have to bother making new expansions and just shut the servers down.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

EQ was destroyed the day they converted cute little female gnomes into old crones.

Poor Winni!