So like...

Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

So like...

Post by Canelek »

I am 1/2 way to being a brig again. :) I do love playing a swash, and now I have to relearn the class, but this was purely a raiding move. :P I am just dreading doing tedious neriak/freeport faction and then unpacking my shit!
en kærlighed småkager
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: So like...

Post by Ashur »

You re-betrayer!

P.S. Ahh, Kunark - glad to be home again (well, since Halas is under the fucking water...)
- Ash
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Betrayal is cake now... especially at higher levels.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Ashur wrote:You re-betrayer!

P.S. Ahh, Kunark - glad to be home again (well, since Halas is under the fucking water...)

Glad you are able to do RoK now! Exp, AAs and gear will be much better for you. Keep doing those writs as well! Skip no content as to shit is actually worthwhile now (for solo quests). Once you finish sokokar quests, you can click on the waypoints and use the sokokars to fly around (re: griffons). Just remember to always click your new waypoints.

Do not worry about Fens (swamp of no hope, lake of ill omen, etc) yet.

And sorry again aboat Halas.
en kærlighed småkager
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Canelek wrote:And sorry again aboat Halas.
Hah! You are Canadian! I suspected it all along!

P.S. Reading through some gear and so far it appears that (in general) the loot design issues of EQ have found their way into EQ2. Chain items are made for Scouts, Priests get leather. Example: I think there's about 3 good neck items on the quests from the docks, but the ones that have Wisdom don't have the +Power regen, the ones that do are for Scouts.

Miir - I'd love your take on shaman itemization. Are Mystics stuck choosing between "Priest" or "Scout" Gear until they are lucky enough to get class specific stuff (and I've read some whines about class sets). So far with a few minor exceptions, the level 62 MC is still better than even Legendary drops.
- Ash
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

psshhhhaw to power regen! I am going to PM you something so check yo shit. Your power will come the old school ways....manastone, cannibalize, potions, and good old fashioned pumping!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Ashur wrote:Miir - I'd love your take on shaman itemization. Are Mystics stuck choosing between "Priest" or "Scout" Gear until they are lucky enough to get class specific stuff (and I've read some whines about class sets). So far with a few minor exceptions, the level 62 MC is still better than even Legendary drops.
The tier 8 mastercrafted Reverent Chain is all kinds of awesome. You'll be hard pressed to find replacements for it outside of level 80 instances.

I basically have 2 sets of gear.
One set for soloing and one for grouping.
The solo set loads up on the +CA Damage/Double Attack/DPS/+Def mods and is heavy on STR and AGI.
The group set is heavy on +Healing/Heal crit/Power Regen and Overloaded Heal.

When doing an easy instance like COK or COA I usually won't bother to swap in my healing gear. I can pretty much go all out DPS between debuffing and heals. On non-named fights I can put out 1000-1500 DPS which aint too bad.
In the more challenging instances, I still DPS on the trash but it drops to sub 1k... or zero on some of the more difficult fights.

I don't think that power regen is that important outside of raiding.
Overloaded heal is unbelievably nice for Mystics. If you get an item with that effect hold on to it... even if the stats on it suck.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

There are 3 or 4 overloaded healing items by the time you get past Ssathir's bridge in Fens.
en kærlighed småkager
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

I'm starting to get a bit tired of WoW again.. depending on how the next content patch turns out and what my guild decides, I may end up playing eq2 again in the coming months! KUNARK!
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Yeah Dreg, Kunark is pretty badass from what I have seen so far. You will need to level up to high 60s before having fun with it! However, the journey is pretty fucking fun as well. :) Planning on going SK again?

As for converting back to Brigand--I got my Freeport faciton back and just need to do 2 last parts of citizenship quest tonight. Then it is hovel shopping and spell-buying.....may not have enough monies, so hope that T8 loams are somewhat affordable (doubt it). I have a couple jewelers in FoH that can hook me up though. Maybe get luck on a couple masters, but that is also unlikely.

Shit like double up and the hard-hitting backstabs would be nice....

And then it is all about trying to remember how to play the class again. I thought I did rather well before I went swashie in the mid-50s.... I think I am also going to take a more scientific approach to hotkey setup, as well as save a hotkey profile for raiding....and then figure out how to spec!

Currently 74/102
en kærlighed småkager
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

68/77 (I think). You have a lot more free time than I do, dude!

When I get higher I'll be glad to help you in CoA, although there's not a lot of shaman shit in there. The sarnak hide buckler is nice, but not a lot else (although I'm sure the exp is pure sex).
- Ash
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Yeah Dreg, Kunark is pretty badass from what I have seen so far. You will need to level up to high 60s before having fun with it! However, the journey is pretty fucking fun as well. Planning on going SK again?
He's got a 68 SK quest whore on Perma.

Ashur wrote:68/77 (I think). You have a lot more free time than I do, dude!

When I get higher I'll be glad to help you in CoA, although there's not a lot of shaman shit in there. The sarnak hide buckler is nice, but not a lot else (although I'm sure the exp is pure sex).
I've gotten the priest chain gloves from there... Nice str/sta/wis stats and the 3 set bonus is quite nice (75 spell/heal)... the 7 set bonus is complete shit though... some shitty group ward that can proc of a hostile spell.
The leggings (chelsith/coa/maidens) and chest (maidens/chelsith/vault) are the only 2 other decent pieces. The rest have caster stats/bonuses. Aewsome set for a defiler.. not so much for mystic.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

LOLZ....the loams you need are 5 plat a pop still. Be ready to do some heavy duty harvesting.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:LOLZ....the loams you need are 5 plat a pop still. Be ready to do some heavy duty harvesting.
Loams are fucking ridiculous...
By the time Eple hit 80, I had harvested enough loams to get her less than half of her t8 adept 3s.
I had harvested enough fire emeralds for all t8 spells on Effi by the time she was level 72.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:LOLZ....the loams you need are 5 plat a pop still. Be ready to do some heavy duty harvesting.
that means I have enough plat for 4 spells. =(
en kærlighed småkager
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Managed to get 6 loams. 1 from Ash, 1 from Dawnkelli and grinded 4 from Kromdek Camp/Spider Cave. Still have an assload more to go, but can stick with Adept1 for some less often used spells (taunt, shenanigans, etc). Made huge exp progress this weekend! 77/112. Did CoA and Vaults a few times and picked up a nice bow and those relentless strikes shoulders... Smaukin hooked me up with relentless strikes gloves/bracers so I have the +2 DA/ranged DA set bonus.

Still trying to find decent raid CA configuration.... from a couple KJ quests I managed to end up with 4.0/4.5 dly weps, but they are just treasured. timing timing....meh. Parsing 900-1200 if I don't fuck things up on (timing).
en kærlighed småkager
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Weapons will come quick and fast once you are 80. Best combo you are going to get fast and easy will be the Brig epic and Betrayals Song from Prot Realm (if you can't get a Carotidcutter first). Both are 4.0 delay and will up your dmg considerably. I hit some 4800-4950 parses using that combo on single mobs in PR....and I would say a Brig can do better than Swash on a solo mob.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

I will keep hitting CoA at every opportunity! Great exp there as well so trying to use remaining exp potions if I know I can maximize potential.
en kærlighed småkager
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

Chelsith is hands down the best xp I've seen - only problem is, melee hit rate is shit anyways, and they are yellow to orange to 80's - so if you're the only sub 80 it's ok....if you bring more than 1 that isn't the healer, you may have problems.
Pyrella - Illusionist - Leader of Ixtlan on Antonia Bayle

if you were walking around and you came upon a tulip with tits, would you let it be for the rest of the world to enjoy.. or would you pick it and carry it off to a secluded area to motorboat them?
-Cadalano