Betrayal Impact

Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Betrayal Impact

Post by Canelek »

Pondering switching sides. What are the major differences I should be aware of? Currently 54 Brig. Do I lose my comparable spell levels (Adept II, Master I, II), thereby having to buy all of my spells? Will I be totally confused with swashie?

Currently in STR, AGI lines for walk zie plank, etc...

Thanks!
en kærlighed småkager
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Re: Betrayal Impact

Post by miir »

At the completion of last step of betrayal (citizenship), you lose all of your spells/combat arts.
Every skill you have will be App1.
Your AAs will also be reset.
You also lose the ability to use/quip any faction or class specific items/gear.

Playing a swashbuckler is not a whole lot different than playing a brig in terms of tactics and style.
The differences lie in the buffs, debuffs and specialization. Swashbuckler are much stronger in mutli mob situations.
Brig and swash share the rogue AA tree.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

If you do betray to the good side, I recommend Kelethin as a home city.
Having evac (BB zone is super close to Kelethin and evac takes you to docks) makes it super convenient for travel anywhere.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Thanks Miir! I'll make sure to save some cookies for spell-buying.

Should I stick with my current rogue-tree setup? (STR/AGI) blackguard, etc... Oh yeah, Kilmoll is a swashy--sure he will chime in. :D
en kærlighed småkager
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I can't think of any reason why you would want to change your rogue tree setup.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Also, I absolutely LOVE AoE and encounter AoE. That is why I have a wizard and a warlock. Encounter AoE is one of the reasons I love this game so much.

What kind of Swashie AoE asswooping are we talking about?
en kærlighed småkager
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

From watching Kilmoll in action in Stormhold while he was mentoring me, we're talking SERIOUS AoE asswooping.
- Ash
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Ashur wrote:From watching Kilmoll in action in Stormhold while he was mentoring me, we're talking SERIOUS AoE asswooping.
Keep in mind that mentored characters are a hell of a lot more powerful than normal characters of that level.
On my assassin, I menotered down to Janx's warden in FG and was one-shotting heroics.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

At 54 you will not lose much. As a swash, you will have 2 AoE's one with a longer time that also knocks back and down all mobs in range and has a brief stun. You will also get the assbeat that is Hurricane. That will give you AE auto-attack for up to 4 mobs in your frontal arc. With Adept 3 and some AA points, you can have that firing off at 49% of your auto-attacks.

You will lose a couple of the easy soloing stuns, but you do get them back in a form that is not quite as easy. You get the cheap trick stun still, and your other 2 are the afore mentioned AoE and the other comes from your stealth attack. You also will lose that 6 second proccing AoE protection. You will gain a hate transfer like assassins get and also a proccing hate debuff. The sweet thing with that is you can turn it off and have another buff give you hate gains of ungodly proportions.

For rogue tree, I would stick with the STR/AGI line and add in some of the STA line for soloing.In all reality, you could take the end line of the AGI and STA tree and not bother with the Traumatic Swipe end line in STR....since it really is not that great unless you are raiding.
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

I betrayed my Inq but havne't started doing the faction quests yet, was going to do Qeynos but I wonder if the quests are easier for Kelethin, anyone know?

Marb
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Is this betrayal quest still accurate more or less?

Also, do I need to remove all house, bank and broker items prior to betrayal?
Betraying Neriak
Guide by: Savanja

Tired of the oppression and dark emo atmosphere of Neriak? Or perhaps you just loved the look of the Arasai, but rather be in another city. Whether you wish to be a citizen of the equally evil Freeport, or go all the way and make your home in Qeynos or Kelethin, you will need to betray Neriak.

Betrayal for any of the cities consists of a simple series of quests to become an exile, then another series of quests to gain faction for your chosen city. We will be working on guide for the faction quests in the future, but for now, we will guide you through the betrayal process.

First of all, keep in mind that you need to be at least level 10 to start these quests, and at some point during the process you will want to clear out your bank, vaults, and housing items. Mobs and quests scale to level, so these quests are always the appropriate level for your character, and these should all be easily completed solo.

Taking a Different Path - To begin the betrayal process you need to pick up this quest. You get it by rescuing a little boy from mean looking dark elves. (loc 80, 123, 62) They are found in western Neriak next to the Inn. Kill the big guys and snag the quest from the little guy! Once you have the quest, you need to speak with Magister Da'Pater (-276, 29, 202). He's in the Spires of Innoruuk, right around the pillar from the door. He will give you your next task.

Document Retrieval - Steal some documents from the Darklight Palace (loc -578, 0, 148) in Neriak. He's found on the 2nd floor. In that room, you will see a table with scrolls on it, talk to the NPC standing in front of the table and send him on his way, then grab the scroll. Return to the Magister to get your next task.

Rescue the Reverend - You need to rescue Reverend Valac (loc -501, 27, -31) found behind the housing near the Palace. When you get there, you will be attacked. Kill the assassin and hail the Reverend.

Note* Not hailing him quick enough resets the encounter, and you have to leave the area, then come back and kill the assassin again.

Escape the City - You now need to run back and warn the Magister. Along the way, assassins will pop and attack you! When you finally make it back to the Magister, he tells you to get out of the city, and find the Reverend in Darklight Woods. As you make your way through Neriak to Darklight Woods, more assassins will attack you periodically (they pop in the tunnels). Once you make it into Darklight Woods, speak with the Reverend, and he will complete your betrayal journey and send you to exile in Haven.

Going to Qeynos, speak with Gil McMartin (loc -924, -47, +13) in the Commonlands. You can find him on the path towards the West Freeport entrance.

Going to Freeport, speak with Gol M'Tun (loc -29, -14, -55) in Antonica, found near the tree aside the path that leads into North Qeynos.

Going to Kelethin, speak with the registrars within the City Registrar's Office (loc 593, 45, 76) off the ramp in the Green Knoll in Greater Faydark.

Congrats on completing your betrayal, and good luck to you!
en kærlighed småkager
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Let me know if you need help with the quest or a little coin to help you re-establish your spells. If you need me I'm there man.
The Cost of Betrayal

Once you complete the correct quest series, below, you will be transported to the Exile underground village of Haven. Your Call of... ability will have been replaced with Call of Haven.

You can remain an exile indefinitely. However, if you wish to gain citizenship with another aligned city, then you have a lot of work to do. Before you can attempt the citizenship quests of the city in which you wish to live, you need to gain faction with that city. To do this, see the Citizenship Timeline.

Changing Subclass

If you change alignment, such as betraying Freeport then moving to Qeynos, you may also have your subclass changed. For example, if you were a Shadowknight in Freeport you will become a Paladin when you join Qeynos. You are still a Crusader, but you have gone from an evil crusader to a good crusader. The only classes that are not forced to change subclass when your alignment changes are Sorcerers, Druids, Bards and Warriors. Those four classes will, however, be offered the choice to change.

When you are about to undertake the final quest to betray your starting city, you will be given a warning that your combat arts and spells will reset to Apprentice I level. However, this does not seem to actually happen.[1] Your skills WILL reset once you move to a new city and switch to another class, and may switch even if you stay the same class.

What About My House?

If you had a house in your old city, then it remains there (basically inaccessible to you) while you're in Exile. There's no need to relinquish your house before betraying. When you gain citizenship and buy a new house in your new city, all of your furniture will automatically move to your new house in a moving crate.

If you really want to use your house while you're Exiled, then you have limited options. There isn't any housing in Haven, but you could move your house to Maj'Dul if you have gained enough faction there.
- Ash
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

Yes, that is pretty much how I betrayed Neriak. I didn't change my spells yet though, I believe that will happen when I join the other area.

Marb
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Looks like quite a difference between brig and swash. Used to having all of those stuns!

So just Cheapshot and that mez for swash eh?

EDIT: NM, Kilmoll covered this already... thanks!
en kærlighed småkager
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Thanks for the additional info, Ash!

Just to confirm what I need to do beforehand:

1. Remove all non-shared items from bank

2. Furniture, house items - confirmed that I can leave them and have them show up in new place?

3. Broker items - Do I need to pull these as well?

thanks!

edit: Ash - I'll let you know if I need a hand for the quests...I'll be working on this tonight. Thanks for the $$ offer, but I have around 40pp combined on all my players now (benefit of going alt crazy before settling in to rogue) so I should be able to handle getting my spells.
en kærlighed småkager
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

After the tedious faction quests for Kelethin, I finally got it done and have my very own gay elf acorn. :D

Spent the rest of the weekend getting used to the new class....man, I love me some AoE! Was killing brownies 6-8 at a time in lfay. :D :D Issues with 3-up heroic, but I love the aoe, so can live without the extra 2 stuns + single-damage attacks. Still much to get used to but so far so good!

Thanks all for zie helps.
en kærlighed småkager
Sylvos
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sylvos »

haha he actually betrayed.
what a maroon
I bet Sirensa 2plat that I could get him to betray with some inane reason.
haha
owned
sucker!
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

So how long did it take you to do all the quests in Kelethin?

Marb
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

I bet Sirensa 2plat that I could get him to betray with some inane reason.
I know she manages your bank account and gives you an allowance. :P

-zing!

Marb - Took a few hours. I got into rythm of doing that 'release spores' mushroom quest for +3000 faction about 15 times or so. This was after killing about 8-10 named (on other continent). That took forever without a wizard!

In retrospect, I should have gone to Qeynos, but it is nice to be close to lfay, loping plains and a short ride to Tim Deep for SS carpet.

I'll most likely go Qeynos after I hit 80.

edit: then I can be lke Nick Saban.

"I'm not going to move to Qeynos. I think I've said this over and over and over again."
en kærlighed småkager
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Canelek wrote:In retrospect, I should have gone to Qeynos, but it is nice to be close to lfay, loping plains and a short ride to Tim Deep for SS carpet.
Call of Ro?
- Ash
Ennia
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ennia »

there's SS carpet on BB dock too
Ennia Morricone
Everfrost
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Ennia wrote:there's SS carpet on BB dock too
There is? Damn, I've been taking the bloody Griffin Ride to Timorous and clicking on the carpet there.

Thanks for the info!
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

I looked for the fucker after I betrayed, didn't find it and thought I was all clever and shit w/ Tim Deep. Where is it on the dock?

Sorry Ash!
en kærlighed småkager
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

If you're looking down the pier 'pon where the Nek boat lands, you'll see a scallywag in a fancy hat standing at 10 o'clock.
Turn 90 degrees to your left then look towards the edge/corner of the dock... thar you'll see the carpet, matey.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Meh, it just means I don't check shit into my salesman crates in Qeynos every night. I should do so anyway, but then it takes me 20-30 minutes to get back to Sinking Sands because of the wait on the boat in Nek and then the run to the griffin and then the griffin ride itself, all of this exacerbated by my horrendous video performance and slow zoning.

This should save me the bulk of the trip since now instead of:

Flophouse -> Greystone Yard -> Qeynos Harbor -> Nek -> Butcher (run to griff) -> (griff ride) TD -> Sinking Sands

it's:

Flophouse -> Greystone Yard -> Qeynos Harbor -> Nek -> Butcher -> Sinking Sands with pretty much just zoning as delays (and the slight delay where I have to wait the Ship in Nek and for the Harbormaster to be rendered in Qeynos! Yes, I'll either be getting a new PC or getting a new video card, depending upon whether or not I get a bonus this month... and how much, naturally .)

Was hoping to have saved up enough for Mastercrafted Armor/Shield/Weapons by the time I could wear it in the new tier (I'm almost halfway to level 51)

Miir - thanks for directions to the carpet
- Ash
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Durrrr....
Why don't you just take the carpet to SS from QH?
Last edited by miir on January 18, 2008, 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Zygar_ Cthulhukin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Zygar_ Cthulhukin »

QH you mean
{{{(>.<)}}} (o.o) \\(^o^)// --- I DID IT!!!! -Hiro
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

haha, yes.
fixed
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

for the obvious reason, I didn't know there was one! This is a lifesaver. Thank you!

Flophouse -> Greystone Yard -> Qeynos Harbor -> Sinking Sands

YES!
- Ash
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

Ashur wrote:for the obvious reason, I didn't know there was one! This is a lifesaver. Thank you!

Flophouse -> Greystone Yard -> Qeynos Harbor -> Sinking Sands

YES!
learn2carpet noob

:)
Sabek
Just Sabek
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Give me a break, I just got this damn game a month or so ago :P
- Ash
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

Thanks Ash, I feel a little less like a n00b now. :D

Seriously though, I got back into this game after I think 2 years of not playing... Started in Kelethin, and had no fucking idea how to travel anywhere.

I looked but couldn't really find what I consider to be a comprehensive travel guide with all the zones and connections mapped out.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Zygar_ Cthulhukin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Zygar_ Cthulhukin »

There's also a broker in QH not far from the carpet you can use if you don't feel like going back to your house.
{{{(>.<)}}} (o.o) \\(^o^)// --- I DID IT!!!! -Hiro
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Fash wrote:Thanks Ash, I feel a little less like a n00b now. :D

Seriously though, I got back into this game after I think 2 years of not playing... Started in Kelethin, and had no fucking idea how to travel anywhere.

I looked but couldn't really find what I consider to be a comprehensive travel guide with all the zones and connections mapped out.
Just ask, dude.
I'm always happy to tell you where to go... in game.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

miir wrote:
Fash wrote:Thanks Ash, I feel a little less like a n00b now. :D

Just ask, dude.
I'm always happy to tell you where to go... in game.

Seriously fash, take him up on that whenever you can.. He has a such a ridiculously good photographic memory that I sometimes wonder if miir is really real, or some smart ass robot! ;)
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I like to think of it as being resourceful.

Speaking of resources, you're missing out on the best ingame resource if you're not using the EQ2 map updater.
http://maps.eq2interface.com/
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Haha!

Hell yeah, I don't even look at the map updater as an option, it makes questing so much easier, not to mention without updater you don't have maps for any of the dungeons. If you don't have it, get it stat!
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

I have it, and I've updated recently... but Zek has nothing on the map?
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Fash wrote:I have it, and I've updated recently... but Zek has nothing on the map?
Weird, it did when I was fighting there :(
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Fash wrote:I have it, and I've updated recently... but Zek has nothing on the map?
It should be jam packed with dots
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

Funkmasterr wrote:
Weird, it did when I was fighting there :(
im collection levelling past it anyways.. 8)
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Fash is going to be the first one to level to 80 off of collections alone.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

I'd do it if I could, but that would cost a fortune :(
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

You're also leveling past a fuckton of good questlines in Steamfont.
Turning in higher level collections gives a nice XP hit but fuck all for AA.
29 AA at level 40 is pretty bad.
Funk has 34 @ 48 and he didn't even start getting AAs until he was level 40.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Funkmasterr wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:
Fash is going to be the first one to level to 80 off of collections alone.
Quester (4200 quests completed) has an alt named Zerokills.
He's made it to level 64 and has only killed 3 mobs.

There's not enough collection quests ingame to get you to level 80.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

I knew you'd say that, and I know what I'm doing is bad overall... I just can't help it. I am addicted.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

58 AA at lvl 53.
Vaemas
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: BeaverButter

Post by Vaemas »

Pffft. My warden has 74 at 56. I feel bad though. I haven't played him at all recently.
High Chancellor for Single Malt Scotches, Accounting Stuffs and Biffin Greeting.
/tell Biffin 'sup bro!
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

56 at 54 (closing in on 55). Not great but OK.
- Ash