Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Ritual of Summoning

Post by Siji »

http://www.wowwiki.com/Ritual_of_Summoning

Since I know there's at least one person in this forum that plays a warlock, can you please try to explain how this works to me? I've read the wiki page a few times, but for some reason it's just not sinking in; or I'm thinking it's more complicated than it really is.

So I have to be in a party with and near two other people and cast the spell. These other two people then click on the portal which then creates a big meeting stone, right? (And this can now be done in instances - how about battlefields?)

So then how do other people port to that stone? I understand a box pops up they have to click, assuming they're not in combat, but how does that get there? I read where people not in your party can use it also, so it confuses me a bit more how they'd use it.

So far the Warlock (Affliction) is fun. My dps seems to suck ass (mostly using Imp in groups) but it's fun. Jury is still out whether I'm happy I picked gnome though. I see mage's running around with pets, so I'm wondering if I should give that a try again. Will have to check when they get a pet. The Night Elf racial of hiding makes it hard for me to choose any other race honestly. Not having an 'oh fuck' option on the gnome sucks.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Ritual of Summoning

Post by Zaelath »

You target the person you want to summon, then click on the portal stone, then someone else clicks on your portal, then the target gets a summon dialogue.

Rule was, you can port people OUT of battlefields, but not into them. I don't think you can use the stones at all in battlefields.

The rules for number of people to click to create the stone and summon portals changes from time to time, as does who you can port where from where.

That NE racial is sick as a druid, you can meld then hit instant flight form and be gone from just about any situtation.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Ok, let me try this -

1. I summon the portal
2. Two party members must click on the portal which then creates the meeting stone
3. I (or anyone in my party?) targets another member of the party, then clicks on the meeting stone.
4. Then someone ELSE in the party must also click on the meeting stone.
5. The target then gets a dialogue box asking if they want to be ported.

What a convoluted craptastic mess if so. I'm very disappointed in that.

And yeah, the NE racial is by far the most useful and biggest time saver in my opinion. Mixed with being a druid and I dare say it's almost overpowered. The other racials are all pretty worthless to me, except perhaps the human faction bonus.
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

Siji wrote:Ok, let me try this -

1. I summon the portal
2. Two party members must click on the portal which then creates the meeting stone
3. I (or anyone in my party?) targets another member of the party, then clicks on the meeting stone.

And yeah, the NE racial is by far the most useful and biggest time saver in my opinion. Mixed with being a druid and I dare say it's almost overpowered. The other racials are all pretty worthless to me, except perhaps the human faction bonus.
Yeah, I went Horde eventually, before quitting, but I started as a NE Druid. I missed my shadow meld so much. When I was healing in raids, I would almost always survive wipes by just melding when half the raid was dead. As long as I wasn't getting hit by AOE I survived.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Siji wrote:Ok, let me try this -

1. I summon the portal

If I remember correctly, it used to be (back when I played 4 years ago) that a warlock could only summon one person and then be on a cooldown. This 'convoluted craptastic mess' allows for the summoning of multiple people to a raid when a Meeting Stone is not present.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Aren't meeting stones NOT related to warlock summoning? I thought they just had the capability of performing the same action without a warlock being around, or am I thinking of a different stone?
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

A Meeting Stone allows 2 people to summon members of a group or raid.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Syenye
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: asian tempest

Post by Syenye »

A warlock summoning stone is like a portable meeting stone.