Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

AddOns

Post by Siji »

So Fairweather and I were talking the other day and I mentioned my addon addiction. I'm like a hoarder for addons. It was like that for EverQuest (via MQ2 and macros/plugins), Runes of Magic and now World of Warcraft. I simply find the default UIs for these games bland and boring. I'm also an information freak. I like to know everything and anything I can with as little effort as possible. If I can pick something up and immediately have something tell me what recipes I can use it in, whether I would get skillups for them and whether the results can be used in a quest - why not? If I can mouse over a mob and have a tooltip show me the complete list of items I've ever looted off of one of them? Great! One of the first things I noticed and didn't like about WoW was how you had no idea where to look for new quests. So my addon addiction started with Wholly and Grail and QuestHubber to show on the map where new quests were.

Since then I think I've gotten a little out of control. I'm actually going to look to start cutting them down. But it's hard! A few of these I've forgotten what even do. Some of these do simply little things and others do big things. e.g. MogIt you wouldn't even notice unless you brought it up. But once you do it's this incredible interface for showing all possible outfits or gear combinations for use in changing how you look (transmorg stuff). Since discovering how easy it is (and cheap) to transmorg something, I do it all the time now. It's super cool too how using the look from item A doesn't destroy it by putting it on item B. You can reuse it over and over.

Here's my current list.. just added two more today! (http://www.wowinterface.com is a dangerous site for me) The only conflict I've really found is between X-Perl frames and HealBot. Having both installed makes the default Blizzard player frame show and that's fairly annoying. But I only use HB for one character, so I just made a separate install of WoW for that char.

_NPCScan.Overlay
Ackis Recipe List
Advanced TradeSkill Window
Archy - Archaeology Assistant
Armory
Atlas
A dozen Atlas pieces (expansions, zones, etc)
AtlasLoot
AtlasQuest
Auctioneer
Auctionator
BagBrother
Bagnon
Bartender4
BeanCounter
Blizzmove
Broker_ShowHelm
BrokerMounts
Carbonite
ChatLoot
Cooking Helper
Critline
CritSound
DungeonHelper
Elephant
Enchantrix
Fishing Buddy
FlightMap
GatherMate2
Glamour
Grail
HandyNotes
HealBot
Informant
JPack
LightHeaded
Linkepedia
MobInfo2
MogIt
MoveAnything
Multishot
oGlow
Omen3
OmniCC
Outfitter
Postal
Prat
QuestHubber
RangeDisplay
RatingBuster
Recount
Reforgenator
Scrap
Scrap Visualizer
ServerRestartSound
SilverDragon
Stubby
Tidy Plates
TipTac
Titan Panel
Lots of broker pieces for various addons to show in Titan
TomTom
TomTomPing
Where is
Wholly
WoWDB Profiler
Wowhead Looter
X-Perl UnitFrames
Zygor Guides

nioTillers
Vlud's Tiller Gifts

So.. anyone use any others not in my list which are nifty? I don't raid so I haven't gotten the Boss Mobs or whatever it's called, add on. Ultimately, I think my UI looks pretty minimalistic. I just have lots more options available to me which I normally wouldn't have. One thing I plan on doing soon is removing all of my addons except Bartender (since it's required), and then getting the Spartan UI set up. I think that's one of the best looking UIs for WoW I've ever seen.

I use the Curse addon manager for 99% of these, there's only a few which aren't on Curse which I find on wowinterface.com.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: AddOns

Post by Spang »

DBM, EPGP, GTFO and Omen3 are raid requirements in my guild. I also use Skada damage meters. ReforgeLite is installed and enabled, but I don't use it anymore.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

NPC Scan
Recount
DBM
Bartender
Move Anything
XPerl

That's all I use. DBM is useful for all sorts of encounters, not just for raiding. Recount is great for tracking my uptimes and other stats. The others are basically just for cosmetic changes that are required for a triple monitor set up. I use Move Anything to make my mini map larger so I can track herbs and fishing pools easier.

Less is more!

I use one of my ipads to look up anything WoW related that I may need to know. I also kerp my loot list organized on there and revise it as needed.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

So I copied my WoW install to a new folder "..\World of Warcraft3" and started setting up that Spartan UI I mentioned above. (I knew this would end up taking a lot of time, jeez) However, when I wanted to take a break and just go play a bit I went to run my main install copy "..\World of Warcraft" and found my UI there to be all farked up. What did I miss here? I thought all WoW settings were in the WTF folder? Is there some other common files folder WoW uses? I searched a bit and didn't find any mention of anything but i can't figure out why messing with a completely different install would change the settings of another.

Ended up turning into a no turning back thing.. very annoying. On the bright side, the Spartan UI is really flippin' cool.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

Have the Spartan UI all set up
[Show]
Druid!
[Show]
An auto screenshot (from Multishot addon!) I didn't prep for, but give an idea of how the UI looks. Seems nice and clean to me. Missing is the Omen threat meter which is above the Recount graph on the right. (It auto-hides when not in combat) Bottom right mini-map is carbonite, pack button is Jpack to sort the backpacks. Those all in one is Bagnon. Top bar is TitanPanel.

I don't know how to get rid of that slider bar on the left by the part member frames. Don't know what it's called either, but it annoys me.

I think I'm all set on addons too! Got rid of x-perl unit frames and a couple other little ones. Did add icehud though, as I'm not yet used to looking for my health and mob health at the bottom of the screen.