Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

World of Warcraft Sale

Post by Siji »

At Best Buy and Game Stop (and someone mentioned Fryes had a similar sale) you can now get :

$4.99 - WoW: Battle Chest
$4.99 - WoW: Wrath of the Lich King
$9.99 - WoW: Cataclysm

So you can get current on expansions and 30 days of play for $20 presently. From my limited knowledge of the 'refer a friend' program, this might be a decent investment for current players to get the bonus items. *shrug*
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Re: World of Warcraft Sale

Post by Boogahz »

yeah, that would do it.

I haven't ever used the refer a friend, but I am fairly certain that you would only need the base version of the game. If you actually wanted to play, that battlechest+2 special is the best way to go!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Can I refer you by chance? I would love the mount! I can also shepherd you a little bit. I might even start a new character with you if you started on Thunderhorn!
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

PM sent.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Someone call Chuck Wolery... I think we have a Love Connection!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

Nothing wrong with him getting a mount on me that he loves.

I mean..
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

PMs sent. Sorry so late to reply, been busy as hell at work tonight!
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

Looks like for the mount, the person you sign up has to have paid for 2 months of membership. You get a free month of membership after they've paid for 1. (Not sure if the 30 days you get with the game purchase counts as 1 month or not)
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

pretty sure it does, since you technically paid to get the time with the software
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I have free/paid time for WoW for the next 1.5years. I really want that rocket mount though!

I will make it a point to get online a bit more often. I have a couple of alts at various levels that I should be able to play with you at one point or another. The exp bonus is kind of insane for this program. You will out level zones extremely fast.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

You'd have to check, but the mount you get now is a different one I think. I don't think they're doing the rocket one anymore. At least, if I read correctly. I could be wrong.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Obsidian Nightwing is cool too!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Get a room you two!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

doesn't the new refer-a-friend mount change you into the mount, letting your friend "ride" you?
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Yeah, it does lol. In the ecpansion I think druids can use a lesser inscription to be a mystical deer that people can ride too? That's some weird shit, but awesome!
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

So far I've only tried three classes and of those, the Hunter is without a doubt the fastest leveler (in the beginning at least). The Paladin sucked for me because I dislike not having a way to pull mobs w/o running up to them and introducing myself. The druid is ok too so far, especially with being able to travel faster. I liked the Worgen's newbie story line more than the night elf. I really don't like the dog pet for the Worgen Hunter though. Need to change that pronto!

The Undead race seems really cool, so I might have to try that as a Warlock or something. Probably too squishy to solo with. Should probably read up on the Monk class coming and see how it compares to EQ monks.

Holy Jesus people like to spam guild invites in WoW..
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Every class in the game an solo just fine in variety of different ways by using crowd control, healing, pets, or any other number of techniques unique to the specific class/race. I have played a feral druid since launch and just leveled up a shadow priest, elemental shaman, and rogue in the last year. I also have a 20 something warlock. All of the classes accomplish the same goals in drastically different ways. All of them have excellent survivability in PvE. (PvP is another story!) All of them have only died when I have done something exceptionally stupid (or the group did). As a rule of thumb, it is pretty hard to die while soloing within your level range in WoW. You may have some challenging areas, but you can pick those apart in various ways. Once you get into a rhythm with your character's spells and abilities, you can really push your boundaries. Due to the relative ease of the game you can frequently do harder content and gain more exp.

The guild invite spam is because everyone is trying to pick up newbies in order to fill out their guild ranks. You get a large number of perks, abilities, and things like pets/mounts by being in a large guild. Smaller guilds get the too, but the larger the guild the easier it is to get various things.

You will get a guild invite into my guild, should you want it. As part of our "friends and family" policy, you are guaranteed to get in. You will just be casual, but you will wear the tag, get the guild bonuses once you have the guild rep, and also contribute to the guild just by doing whatever it is you're doing. We just need to hook up online together sometime and have an officer online. No pressure. Honestly, you will likely be completely ignored until you make the effort yourself you will still be solo for all intent and purpose. If you wanted to raid someday or get involved with PvP/Arenas, there are channels within the guild to do those things, but you would be the one pushing that direction on your own accord. For example, my dad has been in the guild for about 2 years and has done virtually nothing with the guild. He is purely solo.

I seem to be having pretty significant graphic card issues with WoW atm. It is only WoW though, so not sure what the hell is going on. The game is unplayable and locks up my PC every time I try and play. I may try and dig in and fix the issue today if I have time.

Ask any questions you want here and I will answer them. Others can pitch in too if they want!
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

Thanks, appreciate it. Just getting a feel for the classes and seeing what I like. I need to read up on the mounts and find out how to get one (w/o paying $25). Slowly adding add-ons (Titan, Atlas, Carbonite). I really want to change the UI, but haven't looked to hard to find replacement pieces.

If I can find some time I want to read up on the Carnival. I think it's ending this weekend (until next month again?) so I suppose I need to hurry. I did the strong thing (kill 250 mobs) but haven't done any of the token games. They seem cool.

Daily I get an invite from 'Taste my Crit' and immediately read it as "Taste my Clit" every time. I want to make a 'CLITcommander' character and join..
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Worgen do not need a mount as they actually have a racial (running wild) were they just run at mounted speed. Druids have the best flying mount in the game, which allows them to turn into a bird. It's great because it is instant cast and this has a large amount of fun and interesting advantages.

You can get a mount at lvl 20. Depending on your race and faction, that will be your starting mount. At lvl 40 you can buy speed increase for your mount and at lvl 60 you can get a flying mount. From there on you can buy speed increases at lvls 70 and 80. Also, at lvl 68 I think you have to buy the ability to fly in Northrend (WotLK exp).

Darkmoon is fantastic for a month or 3, but then you realize how repetitive it is. The dailies do go by pretty quickly though. At least there is a nice variety of stuff to do during that week if you choose. My dad fishes like crazy during Darkmoon.

Also, I believe my video card is fuuuuucked. I tried every trick in the book. It seems the triple monitor part is not working for gaming. I can play D3, SC2 just fine, but anything that I have set up for 3 monitors blue screens my PC. I messed with it for about 5 hours today and I'm at a loss. Even when I swith WoW to a single monitor it is unplayable. Just sitting here typing it is fine though.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Probably power supply; based on nothing more than the extra juice being drawn by the card for multiple monitors in 3D. Could be heat too, cheapest troubleshooting option is always pointing a desk fan into the open case full blast.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.