XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Deal of WoW and it's expansions

Post by Animalor »

Blizz is offfering the following deals on it's clients:

Original WoW: 5$
Burning Crusade: 5$
WotLK: 10$

I never added WotLK to my account but at 10$ I might just do that in case the WoW itch ever hits again..
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Re: Deal of WoW and it's expansions

Post by Funkmasterr »

In other news, with the patch today Fagwing came out of the closet.. I'm annoyed I couldn't get myself to log in to do the lead-up quests cause I'm pretty sure you can't do them anymore.
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

You didn't miss much.
Going out to play pool now with my fellow klan members. Have a nice night. - Midnyte
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I know, I just wanted the achievements (and now feat of strength). I logged in last night a bit and ran around Org/The Barrens, I was pretty underwhelmed.. I was expecting more drastic changes to the Barrens, and Orgrimmar just seems cluttered and poorly designed now.

We'll see, I'm going to pick a zone and log my guy there, and keep him logged in as much as possible to try and get the feat of strength for getting killed by Fagwing. We'll see how that goes.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

I thought it looked pretty interesting. I like the chaos in Org, looks like the rebuild had to happen quickly. The structures look interesting for the stuff around Undercity like Brill or near the Worgen wall. The low level instances are chopped up to make going through them quicker. Everything just looks a lot more alive around the world. And they really didn't have to change the old world. Sure for long term life purposes it's beneficial, but it wasn't necessary. Cartoony stuff ages better then stuff trying to be realistic (Pizar anyone). To me it just makes leveling my alts a lot more interesting. I've got 5 guys between 20 and 28 I would like to futz around with now.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I'll have to look around a bit more, but yeah, wasn't impressed. I don't believe in alts so the leveling aspect doesn't appeal to me at all.

I don't like trolls, and I think the idea of a troll druid is ridiculous. That being said, I'm thinking about switching to troll if I start playing again, just so I don't have to deal with the racist doorways in this game anymore. I haven't seen what their animal forms look like yet, though.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Org looks awesome now, and I love the changes made to some of the zones. Some didn't get much change, Winterspring really comes to mind, but a lot of them are some very cool changes. I was in Darkshore looking for some horde vendor for a new pet and triggered a mini cutscene when I got sucked into a whirlpool. That was very cool.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I think Org looks great. It has more of a lived in feel to it. Maybe it is just because there were so many people there. Also I think I got the best fps ever in Dal last night when there were only about 20 people in the zone.

I agree with the underwhelmed feeling. While I love all the changes that were made I was expecting something more grand. Right now it seems a bit more anticlimactic.
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

Make an undead char and play through the Silverpine/Hillsbrad quests. Pretty rad.
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I was curious about buying the previous versions of the game. If, say, I only bought the vanilla game would I still have to pay $15 a month? I only want it so that my boy can run around and kill the local wildlife. I'm training him now so that when he gets older I can have him farm for me. Right now he take my druid and turns him into a bird and flys out of Dalaran and then turns into a bear. I come back to a corpse on ground below Dal. He thinks it's all good fun.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

My guilmates use their children for fishing all the time. I'll probably do that one day too!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

:lol: :lol:
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

I bought WotLK for 10$. I'm probably going to re-sub for a month or 2. I'm thinking of moving servers cause I don't know anyone on my current anymore (Horde Side on Zul'Jin).
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

Feel free to hang out on Stormrage Alliance if you want. I'm usually on either Gavel or Persecute. I won't lie though, a server change and a faction transfer isn't cheap at all if you're planning on using any existing characters. If you're just gonna reroll Stormrage is a highly populated and overall pretty good server.

I can even give you an invite to the illustrious <Karazhan Chess Club> :p
Going out to play pool now with my fellow klan members. Have a nice night. - Midnyte
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

Starting over is pretty god damn awesome. I'm even thinking of removing heirlooms so I can do all quests without them green/graying out. My troll druid is pretty damn fun. I'm looking forward to a goblin shaman when I can. I actually thought there'd be more sweeping changes to landscape, but meh, the content I'm doing in them is more fun. I think some people will say ZOMG IT IS GAMING ON RAILS, but uh, it's WoW so whatever. I'm a gamer on rails at this point, my time is limited as I'm older, have more responsibilities etc SO I WILL TAKE MY CASUAL CAKE AND ENJOY IT.
Hijoputa 80 DK - Undermine
Psyloche 80 Rogue - Hyjal
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Churrasco 70 Tauren Warrior - Firetree
Rennard 70 UD Priest - Firetree
Sinjin617 - Ogame.org (More or less Retired)
Seithyr 70 Monk - Veeshan (Retired)
Psyloche Wenusberg 70 Rogue - Veeshan (Retired)
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Ya know, I might just pick up Cataclysm to play a Worgen =P Maybe...
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

I'll definitely level a worgen at some point just for the starting zone experience (did the same for DK and then deleted that fucker as soon as i got to 58).

My priest (my main now) will definitely be switching to worgen though.