Task Forces

CoH Discussion
Karae
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Task Forces

Post by Karae »

They just aren't worthwhile.

No, that's an understatement. They fucking blow.

Almost 4 hours of the SAME MISSION 20 times over for a boring ass level 28 Archvillain that I could solo? Fuck that. Complete waste of time and totally uninteresting.

Ah well, game was a nice diversion for a month.
War pickles men in a brine of disgust and dread.
Drem
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Drem »

Hehe taskforces are just glorified recycled basic missions. Nothing special except you get to see a mob with a unique name at the end.
Karae
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Karae »

Drem wrote:Hehe taskforces are just glorified recycled basic missions. Nothing special except you get to see a mob with a unique name at the end.
Yea, silly me for expecting them to be interesting instead of an exercise in monotony.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Any screenshots of Vandal?
Karae
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Karae »

Kwonryu DragonFist wrote:Any screenshots of Vandal?
Sorry, was too busy trying to chase him down (he ran away at 60% health for some reason) and forgot!
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Drem
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Drem »

Lol, from looking at the video, i think Vandal was running cause of the Burn patches.
Thess
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Thess »

I actually canceled my account because of my disapointment with the task forces.

I figure - basically I'll get to 40 and then quit, so why waste the time leveling up to 40. I was hoping the task forces would be actually fun, original, and something new in the game. We got about 11 missions from a contact, had to run all around and it got progressively easier.

Maybe I'll try playing in the future, but for now - I'm done.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Even before you tried the Trials Thessie? :D
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

Im in the same boat as Karae and Thess, but Im not cancelling quite yet. Ive already paid for my first month, so I guess I will atleast wait for the big update before I cancel my account.

The imbalances between archetypes/power-sets is horrible and doing the same mission over and over and over again with a different enemy is not fun. Oh neat, another fucking warehouse with bad guys in it, or maybe a cave, or an office building. Never seen those before, ohhh wait yeah I have seen them a fucking billion times.

Im just not happy with MMOs making so much of their content "instanced". I liked fighting within the grandness of dungeons like SolB, Guk or ToV, rather than fighting in "nameless cave 005", or "nameless warehouse 056". I dont fucking care if there's kill stealing and training, atleast it adds some fucking drama to my day.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Instanced Missions are great IMHO! :)

But there could be open "dungeon" areas (beside city and hazard zones) as well! :)
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

There should be both. I like having an option of instanced dungeons, but having no big infamous dungeons is lame.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Some handcrafted content would be nice. I'm really fond of the combat and character systems, but a few unique places would give the city some missing flavor.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt