More build advice.... and is Parry worth it?

CoH Discussion
Ransure
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

More build advice.... and is Parry worth it?

Post by Ransure »

Ok, so heres my delema.... I should hit 22 today, and even as a regen scrapper... Im constantly low on End... I really would like to 6 slot hasten and leave it up, but even without it, I find myself having to hold back...

If I 6 slot recovery will this solve my issues? or by 6 sloting hasten, should I just have end reducers in all of my attack skills?....

Also, Ive been trying to figure out what to take as my 22 ability, and so far my choices are...

Parry
Slash (or whatever that starting single target attack is)
Invis Other
Flurry
Integration
Build Up

What would be best? Ive got a(screw you word filter!)lot of defense with CJ, Stealth, resilience.... do I need to work on more? and even now I dont regen end quick enough with stealth up to keep dishing out the damage so it normally stays off unless Im soloing... another toggle ability seems like it would be a severe pain on the end side of things...

As always, any and all help appreciated :)
This 2cp has been brought to you by DOKURANGER!
Letania
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Letania »

Go 6 slot QR and pump that bitch with DOs - owns. I'd be SHOCKED if any chain of attacks runs you ooe using 6 slot QR/DO'd. DO's and later SO's are the key with QR.

Integration is your father... Only things that can shut me down are level 40 devouring earth, and that's like 1/40. You really need this if you want to solo 28+, and it would help you out a lot now, too. In the 20s I prefer soloing IP, the Family and sometimes Tsoo; family has Super Strength Lieutenants and minions with shotguns that will knock you on your ass - that's totally lethal if you have a Capo Muscle on you and you need to Reconstruct during a fight. They also have Consigliere, Gravity control bosses, which every single blaster in a 2 mile radius flees from in terror. They're free exp with integration. Tsoo have Energy Melee green ink men, in addition to their spirits, psionics and Sorcs (hurricane knockdown).

About parry, I'm not a sword scrapper, so I dunno. It depends on it's damage and how much you've invested in Hack I guess =p. If damage is decent a sequence like, Parry - Head Splitter - Parry - Disembowel, repeat would be awesome. Your defense is fine though, you have more than me (aside from Instant Healing), and I can solo all sorts of shit.

22 is fucking HUGE too, man, the power boost I got at that level was sick. Back to 2 shotting whites :)
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Flurry is a nice mederate damage/very low end cost attack. The downside is that it sheathes your Katana and You have to draw it again with your next attack.

Build up is vary nice. It doens't last very long but you completely ream the mob that you're hitting during the timeframe.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Heard some good things about Parry post-patch!

Send a tell to Final Crusade for more info about Parry Ransure!
Letania
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Letania »

Build up is vary nice. It doens't last very long but you completely ream the mob that you're hitting during the timeframe.
Keep in mind once you have Damage SOs (particularly 4+) in a power, Build Up's usefulness is diluted, as it doubles the base damage after enhancements are taken into account.

There's no way I'd leave BU out of a build, but, after seeing it post-SO's, I wouldn't prioritize it over a key ability.
Lisandre
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Lisandre »

I have a 27 spines/regen scrapper atm. Like Letania mentioned, Integration is very useful. I would get that first over any of the other powers you mentioned. It's one of the best defensive powers us regeners get. I also got Flurry early on -- which I sort of regret now. The activation time for Flurry is too long. I think Air Superiority would've been a better choice -- it at least has the added bonus of possibly grounding flying targets. Or, maybe Teleport Foe -- those Tsoo Sorcerers and Sky Raiders Porters are very annoying.
Ransure
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ransure »

Lis, teleport foe is only usefull for singles and soloing from my exp... Ive had it for a while now... If they added something that wouldnt allow a mob to port or run after you summoned it... it would become infinately more usefull... While I have stopped regretting TP foe... its not as usefull as it could be...

Everytime I port a Tsoo sorc to me, he just ports away out of LOS.. :evil:

I did get integration, and wow! it makes a huge difference... Im gonna stick with the attacks I have, and rely on Disembowel and Headsplitter to round off my single target attacks... as it stands, I only have two atm... Hack, Brawl... then I have Slice (cone) and Whirlwind for AE's.. not sure where Im going from here, but I finally got 5 DO's in QR and its much better... for a while there I thought my build might be a bit too endurance heavy and considered starting over... at lvl 25 I will have QR maxxed and 5 SO's in Hasten.. Im hopping I can keep it on autoattack.
This 2cp has been brought to you by DOKURANGER!