Upcoming Changes!

CoH Discussion
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Upcoming Changes!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Scrapper:
* Fixed text message for Broadsword and Katana Whirling Sword. Added message that it debuffs targets defense. Power is unchanged, only the message was updated.

* Increased Damage and Reduced END cost of Parry (Broadsword and Katakana).

* Fixed (Reduced) END cost of Katana/Slice.

* Fixed Katana Whirling Swrord not reducing targets defense.

* Reduced End Cost of Claws/Shockwave.

* Slightly increased run-speed buff Super Reflexes/Quickness.

* Regeneration/Instant Healing now accepts Recharge Enhancements and End Discount Enhancements and its recharge time is reduced to 60 seconds.

Tanker:
* Fixed Battle Axe/Swoop Short Help.

* Fixed Battle Axe Damage type (it was doing Smashing damage instead of Letal damage).

* Decreased Recharge Time of Total Focus (Blaster and Tanker). Also fixed it so it no longer takes Hold Enhancements, but now takes Disorient Enhancements as its suppose to.

* Tanker/Stone Armor/Rooted no longer increases Recovery Rate. It now doubles your Hit Point Regeneration rate.

Blaster:
* Increased Duration of Energy Manipulation/Conserve Power.

* Increased damage of Fire Blast/Flares (it was about 40% too low for its recharge time).

* Fixed (reduced) END cost of Fire Blast/Fire Blast power.

* Update Short Help of Caltrops.

* Increased Damage and Immobilization Duration of Martial Arts/Crippling Axe Kick.

* Auto Turret: Decreased number of bullets in a burst from Auto Turret and increased the damage of each bullet in the burst. Auto Turret was firing too fast, and the system chat messages and overhead numbers could not keep up with its fire rate. This gave the impression that it wasn't doing much damage. The reduced number of bullets will allow you to see its true damage. Actual “total” damage was not changed.

* Added DoT to Electricity Blast/Short Circuit (it now does significantly more damage).

* Increased damage of Energy Manipulation/Power Thrust.

* Increased damage of Energy Blast/Power Push.

Defender:
* Storm Summoning/Thunder Clap now accepts Accuracy Enhancements.

* Increased the Accuracy of Storm Summoning/Thunder Clap. It now can affect more targets.

* Decreased Recharge Time of Accelerate Metabolism. Base Recharge Time is now 395sec or 274secs of downtime (considering its 120sec dur). 6 SO RT Enhancements 3 levels above you will all the power to be used back to back with no down time.

* Dark Blast/Gloom now accepts Recharge Enhancements.

* Dark Miasma/Darkest Night now accepts ToHit Debuff Enhancements.

* Empathy/Resurrect can no longer be interrupted. It can now be cast in combat.

* Earth Control/Volcanic Gasses now takes Accuracy Enhancements.

* Doubled the duration of Deflection Shield and Insulation Shield.

* Doubled the duration of Fortitude (it does not stack).

* Reduced the END cost of Clear Mind.

* Increased the duration of Kinetics/Speed Boost and reduced its END cost.

* Kinetics/Fulcrum Shift now buffs caster, and those near the caster, in addition to buffing those near enemies.

* Increased the duration of the Sleep/Disorient protection from O2 Boost.

* Fixed Short Help for Accelerate Metabolism (said it was a Team power but it is an Ally power).

* Decreased the END cost of Kinetics/Increase Density.

* Decrease recharge time of Empathy/Clear Mind.

* Increased Healing of Twilight Grasp and Transfusion.

* Increased Accuracy of Transfusion and Transference.

Controller:
* Telekinesis is now an AoE: Ranged (Targeted AoE), Foe Hold, Repel - "Lifts a foe, and any foes, off the ground and repels them. The targets are helpless, unable to take action, and will continue to hover away, picking up any passing targets, as * long as you keep this power active. Keeping up this level of concentration cost a lot of Endurance."

* Removed Dimension Shift from Singularity

* Fixed Illusion/Superior Invisibility so it now offers stealth against Villain Snipers.

Pool:
* Fixed Recharge time for Speed/Hasten. Base Recharge Time is now 400sec or 280secs of downtime (considering its 120sec dur). 6 SO RT Enhancements 3 levels above you will all the power to be used back to back with 2sec down time.

* Added a defense buff to Pool/Super Speed/Hasten. This was done to compensate for the lack of defense in the Super Speed set.

* Slightly increased speed buff of Fitness/Swift.

* You no longer have to be near ground to activate Super Speed (This was to fix the problem of not being able to activate the power when jumping or going down stairs. However, it still only increases Run Speed and will not increase flight speed if activated in the air).

* Fixed a bug that let you select Leadership Vengeance before have 2 of the previouse powers in the pool. If you already have Vengeance, but were not suppose to, it will NOT be removed.

* Massive improvement to jump physics. Jump height will no longer be reduced while sprinting. More noticeably, velocity will be added to your jump distance while using Super Speed, allowing a Super Speeder to do long jumps instead of falling flat to the floor. The change in physics will make Super Leap “feel” different. You will feel “floatier”, and won’t drop hard when you reach your apex. (Somewhere during this refit, Jump Enhancements were removed from Sprint. This is a bug. You may see this for a few days, but you will be able to put Jump Enhancements back into Sprint in a later build).

Other:

* Fear: Afraid Villains will no longer attack you unless attacked first. They will just try to run away from you.

* Increased overall Range Damage of all pets (e.g. Voltaic Sentinal, Turret, Phantasm, Lightning Storm, ect)

* Fixed Pets traveling slower at higher levels.

* Chat system messages will now display decimal points. You can now see more accurately how much damage a power is doing, and the effects of level and enhancements for small DoT powers. The numbers overhead will remain rounded. Actual Damage was not changed.

* Increased the difficulty of fighting villains that are much higher level than you. Fighting villains within you range +/- 0 to 2 levels have not changed; Fighting villains +/- 3 to 4 levels changed somewhat; Fighting villains +/- 5 levels changed significantly. This is a significant change, so please be very cautious fighting ‘purples’ now. <-- Brickstown hehe

* Raised the Max cap of most attributes at lower levels. This will prevent you from reaching a cap at early levels with Enhancements. For level 10 on, the cap for most attributes is 300%. For level 20 on, the cap for most attributes is 400%.

* Reduced END cost of Super Speed

Future plans:
* We have more Featured updates and free content heading your way on a regular basis, so there will always be more to do and see.

* We are taking a good hard look at snare powers and dropped DoT powers (like a fully enhanced Caltrops and Ignite). This has become a significant exploit, but as I mentioned in a previous post, we will do out best to make a change to these powers so as to not affect their individual effectiveness (We may add a minimal movement speed to slowed targets, so you will have to use an immobilization to root them and not an enhanced slow. Secondly, a power like Burn or Ignite may free foes from slow or immobilization effects after a few seconds so this combo cannot be exploited. Again, this is still on the drawing board, but you should expect some change here.

* We will be reworking the Hamidon since he seems to be having some unexpected difficulty.

* Eventually, we will add a new poison/acid damage type. Vahzilok vomit, Hydra Spawn Spit and Spines poison will be put in these damage types. Hero and villain powers will be retrofitted so there will be an even distribution of resistances to this damage type where appropriate. Expect things like Regeneration, Earth defense and robots to have good resistance to this (although most defense sets will offer some resistance to this new type).

* I know a lot of you are talking about Defenders. Let me clear one thing up. Defenders do not pay more for their powers. Their END cost is the same as everyone else’s. So a basic blast from a Defender cost the same as a basic tanker punch. END costs are only indirectly related to Damage. So lets say you have a 4 second recharge power. Whether you are a defender of a tanker or a scrapper, your end cost is 7.5. At level 1, you do about 10 pts of damage with it. Now, each Archetype has a class modifier that is applied to that damage scale. The higher level you go, the more you approach that class modifier. So at level 10, everyone is no longer doing the same amount of damage, but the power still costs the same for everyone. Now one of the features of a Blaster is that they have an inherent END discount. This is to compensate for their complete lack of defense, we want them to keep firing off more attack powers than anyone else. So Defenders don’t pay more end, but Blasters do pay less. I know is just sounds like a spin, but it’s the truth on how it got to the way it is. Bottom line, we will take a look at things and see if there is a problem.
Drem
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Drem »

* Increased the difficulty of fighting villains that are much higher level than you. Fighting villains within you range +/- 0 to 2 levels have not changed; Fighting villains +/- 3 to 4 levels changed somewhat; Fighting villains +/- 5 levels changed significantly. This is a significant change, so please be very cautious fighting ‘purples’ now. <-- Brickstown hehe
If you havent already... hit that zone and milk it before its too late!
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

* Removed Dimension Shift from Singularity
Massive improvement to the grav pet right there. No more random intangiblity, whee!
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Chmee
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Chmee »

Doubled the duration of Deflection Shield and Insulation Shield.
Yay! It was kind of annoying how often these had to be refreshed (not to mention hard on the endurance pool).
No nation was ever ruined by trade.

– Benjamin Franklin
Vailex Darkfury
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Vailex Darkfury »

Chmee what the hell server are you playing on???
Pyre-Fire/Devices-Blaster

This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Thank god they upped the damage of my flares and fire blast!
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Letania
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Letania »

Only increased damage on Flares; they note powers by first stating the power pool then the power, like Regeneration/Instant Healing. Fire Blast just happens to be named the same as the pool it comes from

If that made sense

Very VERY nice changes to fire blasters though, I've felt they hogged way too much endurance for shitty returns since I rolled one near release, Flares was particularly bad but Fire Blast cost too much for too little relative to the other Blasts too.
Chmee
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Chmee »

Vailex Darkfury wrote:Chmee what the hell server are you playing on???
On Victory, I am Andromedan. I am pretty sure I've grouped with you there :P.
Ransure
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ransure »

rofl, [you] is a stupid inkie!
This 2cp has been brought to you by DOKURANGER!
Janx
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Janx

Post by Janx »

Janx in game != me =( someone hijacked the name before I could. Probably that faggot from AL.
Ransure
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ransure »

Janx wrote:Janx in game != me =( someone hijacked the name before I could. Probably that faggot from AL.
[you] owned!
This 2cp has been brought to you by DOKURANGER!
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

edit

I read the vault from bottom to top, and so I can't delete my message now.
Last edited by Truant on May 26, 2004, 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Avestan »

WTF did I do?!!
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Oh for fuck's sake. Go to the general forum and figure out how you're being played.

Ransure you jackass! :P
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Ebumar
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ebumar »

Man freaking newbies...
Janx
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Janx

Post by Janx »

I try to avoid the general forum sadly.
Vailex Darkfury
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Vailex Darkfury »

This new username feature is really starting to get my panties in a wad.
Pyre-Fire/Devices-Blaster

This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.