Scrapper Build advice

CoH Discussion
Ransure
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Scrapper Build advice

Post by Ransure »

Ok, so Im thinking this will be my final build... what do you all think...

Slot[01] Level 1 (Starting Primary) : Hack(Ktn) /Empty
Slot[02] Level 1 (Starting Secondary) : Fast Healing /Empty
Slot[03] Level 2 : Slice(Ktn) /Empty
Slot[04] Level 4 : Quick Recovery /Empty
Slot[05] Level 6 : Reconstruction /Empty
Slot[06] Level 8 : Teleport Foe /Empty
Slot[07] Level 10 : Hasten /Empty
Slot[08] Level 12 : Combat Jumping /Empty
Slot[09] Level 14 : Teleport /Empty <--- I am here now
Slot[10] Level 16 : Swift /Empty
Slot[11] Level 18 : Whirling Sword /Empty
Slot[12] Level 20 : Health /Empty
Slot[13] Level 22 : Stamina /Empty
Slot[14] Level 24 : Super Jump /Empty
Slot[15] Level 26 : Disembowel(Ktn) /Empty
Slot[16] Level 28 : Instant Healing /Empty
Slot[17] Level 30 : Resilience /Empty
Slot[18] Level 32 : Head Splitter(Ktn) /Empty
Slot[19] Level 35 : Revive /Empty
Slot[20] Level 38 : Moment Of Glory /Empty

Pretty regen heavy... but any suggestions?
This 2cp has been brought to you by DOKURANGER!
Letania
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Letania »

ok STOP

I'm a scrapper with regen (multiple scrappers with regen actually), I know about this.

You got teleport, good, so toss SJ. Totally unneeded. CJ is good however - the defense.

DON'T get the fitness pool powers, Quick Recovery will take care of you FINE once you get DOs in it.

As regen you ABSOLUTELY need Resilience and Integration by 28. Earlier preferably. Getting stunned kills your toggles, and if you're getting stunned it's assumable you're taking damage, in which case, you need instant healing on. Instant healing will always be on due to it's recast time.

Don't slot Fast Healing with anything, by the way, it does not stack with Instant Healing. Reconstruction and QR should be maxed obviously, with Reconstruction with some Recharge redux and Healing enhancements, during hasten you're looking at a 75% heal every 20 seconds.

Teleport foe wasn't a good choice.. It blows. It's supposed to be good for pulling but taunt does it better, way better.

More later if I think of anything, tired atm.

Edit: You may have free slots. Consider the leadership pool and Stealth (more defense). Parry is getting a nice boost too in a patch or two, 60% damage increase, and they're halving it's endurance cost. If you're not sure about how Parry works, if you hit with it, you get a defense boost for 10 seconds, the animation is fast and reuse is also very fast (4 or 6 seconds round trip), the defense bonus stacks with itself. Might be very viable, and a replacement to brawl later. This is according to Geko from the main boards btw.

Given hasten's massive nerf, you may need a 4th single target attack in order to chain. Parry would be it, I think.
Ransure
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ransure »

Whoops, yea, SJ there was supposed to be Teleport friend. Whats the Hasten nerf? the way I read the patch they were going to reduce the recast time... thats good right?

I had originally considered stealth then canned that in favor of more regen, guess Ill go back over that build. Yea, Im pretty disappointed with teleport foe.. wish I had never gotten it.

By eliminating the Stamina pool... that frees me up for more defense early... Ill play with a few things and modify what I have.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

No, they're prolly going to increase the recharge on hasten. It's still gonna be a good ability, just not one that will be up all the time.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Letania
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Letania »

No, they're prolly going to increase the recharge on hasten. It's still gonna be a good ability, just not one that will be up all the time.
Yah, that. Previously, a sword scrapper with Hasten could chain Disembowel, Hack and Head Splitter endlessly for massive single target damage. You can still do that, but Hasten won't be available at all times.

Believe Hasten has a 70% uptime with 6 SOs into it, post-nerf. Pre-nerf, 2 SOs gave you 98% uptime.
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

You start seeing seriously diminished returns on any reduction power after putting 3 in it (I believe the formula is 1 / (1+E1+E2+...En)) - so unless you have the expansion slots to burn, it might be more prudent to put recharge reductions or endurance reductions in specific powers.
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
Ransure
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ransure »

Drol, not sure I understand what your saying?...

If I put more than 3 enhancement slots on an ability? or 3 or more of the same enhancement in an ability?... or are you talking about the + signs you get for doubling up enhancements as you upgrade?...

Splain prease....

And why in the hell wont QR and Fast Healing stack with Stamina and Health?.... if I want uber regen... give it to me damnit
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Ransure, this is what I was trying to say:

You have a power that you want to enhance by way of *reducing* an aspect of it rather than *augmenting* it - reducing the recharge time or the endurance use of it.

For other powers where you augment the power - damage done, # of hp healed, accuracy, flight speed etc. etc. - the enhancements scale linearly up. If you put 6 damage enhancers in a power, you'll get the full benefit of all the 6 enhancers.*

For reductions, the benefits start to diminish after the 3rd enhancement of one type: the 4th recharge reduction you plug in won't give you the same benefit as the third, the 5th and 6th even less.

Now, Hasten *only* accepts recharge reductions (as far as I know, anyway) so if you have the free slots to burn, you might want to do it anyway, but for powers that accept more than one type of enhancer, it would make sense to carefully look at just how much bang you're actually getting out of your expensive DOs or SOs.

*) There was a post on the beta board about how certain powers are level restricted in terms of how much you can enhance them - flight speed was one they specifically mentioned - but I can't seem to find it right now. It may be that unless you're of a certain level, you'll never see the benefit from a 4th or 5th or 6th enhancement of the same type.
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

A power takes 100 seconds to recycle. A Training:Recharge Reduction enhancement of appropriate level gives you an 8.3% bonus to that.

Code: Select all

One enhancement:
100/(1+0.083) = 92.34 seconds 
(Reduces recharge by 7.66 seconds)

Two enhancements:
100/(1+0.083+0.083) = 85.76 seconds
(Reduces recharge by a further 6.58 seconds)

Three enhancements:
100/(1+0.083+0.083+0,083) = 80.06 seconds
(Reduces recharge by a further 5,70 seconds)

Four enhancements:
100/(1+0.083+0.083+0.083+0.083) = 75,08 seconds
(Reduces recharge by a further 4,98 seconds)

Five enhancements:
100/(1+0.083+0.083+0.083+0.083+0.083) = 70,67 seconds
(Reduces recharge by a further 4,41 seconds)

Six enhancements:
100/(1+0.083+0.083+0.083+0.083+0.083+0.083) = 66,76 seconds
(Reduces recharge by a further 3,91 seconds)

So as you see, the benefit of the 6th enhancement is actually only just over half that of the first one.

For DO's, the numbers are higher but the trend is the same (16.66% improvement, 33.33% for SO's).[/code]
Vailex Darkfury
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Vailex Darkfury »

Have you seen this pdf yet Ransure?

http://mirror2.neosurge.com/coh/CoH-HeroCreation.pdf
Pyre-Fire/Devices-Blaster

This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.